PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

omega329
4th June 2010, 05:48 PM
So, a few people on here play this game, I'm just wondering how people are doing in it, so just post your frustrations, accomplishments or general questions about the game.

Also, if you don't have it, GET IT NOW
seriously.
This game will last you at least a year of decent play.
I've got 224 hours playtime, and I'd say I'm probably less than halfway.

Recent achevements:
Completed dual Rajang Elder quest!

ONlock
4th June 2010, 10:38 PM
I have heard about it, but nothing that has convinced me to get it.

What console is it on? PS3?

What's good about it?

blackwiggle
5th June 2010, 12:05 AM
It's a PSP game apparently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKX2_1kBekE

I've killed enough monsters in the last month playing FFXIII :)

ONlock
5th June 2010, 05:06 AM
Meh, that's just a trailer, and you answered only one of my questions above.

The video really didn't help me either. I only have a PSP go, can I get it on PSN?

Mr Phlanj
5th June 2010, 08:49 AM
my most recent achievement is finding out WHAT THE BALLOON DOSE!!

(i don’t know what made me think to do this but it worked)

If you are in a screen with the balloon, wave at it and it will show you where the big monster is(very briefly) if you have the balloon skill then it will last longer (or u can do it twice im not sure)

Me and haydn have been trying to kill the BIG BIG mother at the fort for a while now and we keep getting soooo close :P

edit: i hope others didnt know about the balloon coz ill feel like an idiot if it tells you and i missed it :P

Tomahawk
5th June 2010, 02:22 PM
If you have the felyne ballooner skill there will always be a balloon when you start a new mission. If you don't have that skill activated the balloon appears randomly.

I've got the game, played monster hunter from the first part of the series and recently (a few weeks ago) was able to start with Unite - many thanks again Ben for sending me the UMD!!! I got to HR9 pretty fast because I imported my 700+ playtime hours character from MHF2 with all it's weapons and gear. If you guys got X-Link Kai running maybe we could arrange a meeting to hunt together...

@ONLock: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is a PSP exclusive title. The first title from this series (Monster Hunter Freedom) was available for PS2, too.

ONlock
6th June 2010, 02:31 AM
Thanks. But I still wanna know if i can get it on PSN.. May have look sometime. Or am i screwed because I own a PSP go?

Tomahawk
6th June 2010, 08:35 PM
I haven't seen any title from the Monster Hunter series in the PSN store yet. So I guess you're screwed if you only have a PSP Go...

ONlock
7th June 2010, 12:05 AM
Nice..

Thanks Sony!

xEik
8th June 2010, 10:10 PM
I soloed the full MHF2. It took me a bit less than 1000 hours. I guess I could have done it in considerably less time but I got into collecting weapons which is a time sink inside the time sink that Monster Hunter is.
Now with MHFU I try to solo ony new missions, once I've cleared them I do the farming for materials in AdhocParty (European). Farming can be tedious solo. Specially when you are unlucky with rare rewards. However when I'm on the bus I have no alternative but to replay missions by myself. I've spent 200 or 300 hours in MHFU and I am still HR8 because I don't care about ranking up. Oh and I'm always broke because I spend too much zennies in weapons I never use. :P

Current favourite set: Full Akantor with Garuga Great Sword. Gemmed for RA+3, Sharpness+1 and Earplugs.

Oh and you really can download it from PSN. So you can get it on your PSP GO. But you won't be able to use "The Claw". :P

omega329
12th June 2010, 10:59 AM
Goddamn.
Mother.
****ing.
Tigrex.

Stuck on the HR6 unlock mission, two tigrex, and I'm nowhere near beating them :brickwall

and my right hand has mutated into THE CLAW!

EDIT: left*

xEik
12th June 2010, 11:39 PM
It took me almost a week to beat "Land of tremors" in MHF2. I know how you feel. :P That was before I learned the ways of naijiao.
An why would one use the claw with the right hand? It is for the left one. :|

omega329
14th June 2010, 08:27 AM
The mutation spread ;)

this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td6jFS9feJ4 ?

xEik
14th June 2010, 06:01 PM
Well you should start with the regular guide, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSOi1GizEco
The one you posted is the advanced guide and some of those moves are really difficult to pull.
If you have adhocParty installed we can do that quest together if it is still causing you trouble.

omega329
20th June 2010, 12:20 PM
I don't sorry, no PS3, and X-Link kai is giving me trouble. I can see people in the guild hall, join quests, but on starting them, I either get a communications error, or successfully start a quest, only for everyone to drop off from the group. :brickwall

Tomahawk
20th June 2010, 08:54 PM
I've had that same problem with X-Link Kai today omega. I had to close down all my firewalls and then it worked like a charm. X-Link doesn't like some firewealls and some anti-virus software it seems. Just tell me if you want to try it again and I can help you test.

My latest achievement in MHFU: Finished the last special training which finally rewarded me my Sword Saint Piercing today! 8)