PDA

View Full Version : Whats your setup?

KIGO1987
11th May 2010, 12:34 PM
Im curious of what you folk around the world have tv, sound system, PS3 type and internet setup and all. This is my setup.

TV - 2009 Sony Bravia KDL32V5500
SS - 2008 Logitech Z-5500
PS3 2007 CECHC02 Playstation 3 console
net ADSL2+ "4-10mbps"

Im interested in what is other people's setup used to play WOHD Fury around the world.

What is your setup?

Zoth-Ommog
11th May 2010, 05:54 PM
There is a topic for this stuff already:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6418

KIGO1987
11th May 2010, 11:51 PM
Just had a look at that thread. its nothing like this one. Its just what tv you use on Wipeout thats about it.

Not what Sound system, PS3 type and network connection you have as well.

Dark_Phantom_89
12th May 2010, 10:01 AM
I have a Logik LCD TV with my trusty 40GB PS3 and wireless connection, which runs at about 4-5MB. No sound system though.

ACE-FLO
12th May 2010, 10:59 AM
Lg 22" hdtv, Some old speakers and amp which give a good sound, a wireless keyboard, me 120 gig Slim ps3, a smoke machine, strobe light, girl feeding me grapes.... and a connection which gives around 5 Mbps up n down :D

Dark_Phantom_89
12th May 2010, 11:50 AM
girl feeding me grapes....

Hahaha how the other half live! ;)

ACE-FLO
12th May 2010, 12:27 PM
it's all in my imagination... except for the smoke machine - that'll be Dave, smoking as usual :D

KIGO1987
12th May 2010, 01:05 PM
What do your neighbors think of your smoke machines smell permeating through to there property Mosh? Lol.

Hey does anyone else here have a Sony Bravia that has a flickering black screen? just curious if this is a global or one off problem.

TarquinFarqhuar
12th May 2010, 02:31 PM
Logitech Z550 eh?.. Very nice!,, was after a set of those myself!
They any good? May still get them, if you big em up enough :lol

yeldar2097
13th May 2010, 02:58 AM
TV - 46" Panasonic P46G15B (I think???)
SS - 4x Meridien DSP5500 + Horizontal Centre Digtal Loudspeaker.
PS3 - CECH-04 500Gb
Net - Pseudo broadband with max 20kb/s up/down speed :brickwall
Accessories - Beanbag, 6 cushions

KIGO1987
14th May 2010, 01:51 AM
Some bastard nicked my good bean bag, i dont know where it is now days, was a good one. Passed many games with that beanbag.

Yeldar, when abouts can you fix your crappy net connection?

and by crickey keep a million miles away from Orange and Dodo.

yeldar2097
14th May 2010, 06:45 AM
When I move out of the countryside, this is the best we can get here...

ONlock
14th May 2010, 12:11 PM
Sony Bravia KDL-52W5500, PS3 slim 120gb. No sound setup unfortunately.. It's coming though!

Kyonshi
14th May 2010, 12:20 PM
It has changed a bit, i dont have my Sony 40" LCD but a 46" Panasonic Viera TC-P46G10 (plasma).

I got 2 custom made 12" speakers built by my friend who knows a lot in sound systems. They're plugged into a AMC amp. Finally i got the 80G PS3 with 3 places leather couch. As you can see the sound system needs to be upgraded :lol I intend to buy at least 2 B&W speakers in a not to distant future.

slow-train
14th May 2010, 01:57 PM
32" lg full hd, n a harmon kardon system pumpin out my fav tunes, sweet ; )-º

KGB
14th May 2010, 03:07 PM
TV - Panasonic TX-P42G10B would of had another LCD but my kids like to hit things with sharp objects resulting in dead pixels....lots of dead pixels :mad:
SS - Sony DAV-DZ830W No wires to run to the back speakers
PS3 - 40 Gb upgraded to 250Gb
NET - SKY up to 20 meg I hate Murdoch as much as everyone else, but it's the best internet provider (speed and price wise) I've had.

KIGO1987
15th May 2010, 11:18 AM
32" lg full hd, n a harmon kardon system pumpin out my fav tunes, sweet ; )-º

You a mate of Vince at all? i think i remember your name from somewhere.

Ill post this on this thread, because i dont know where else to post it. Is it normal for Sony Bravia's to have a black flicker once in a while? is this normal i seem to get it alot.

ACE-FLO
15th May 2010, 11:41 AM
that black flicker is probably your bravia engine trying to adjust its black values to your room when the picture changes... turn it off in settings :g (Happens on my LG tv - but not since I turned it off) hope this helps ya mate :)

KIGO1987
15th May 2010, 12:33 PM
Interesting. im going to have a fiddle around with the settings with it now then.

slow-train
15th May 2010, 01:40 PM
You a mate of Vince at all? i think i remember your name from somewhere.

Ill post this on this thread, because i dont know where else to post it. Is it normal for Sony Bravia's to have a black flicker once in a while? is this normal i seem to get it alot.

yeah,known vince a long time

KIGO1987
15th May 2010, 01:52 PM
He's a good mate.

Good guy to have a quality yarn on the PSN too :)

Dan Locke
15th May 2010, 08:50 PM
Portal is free on Steam until the 24th.

Koleax
15th May 2010, 10:22 PM
Just bought a used Bravia 52XBR5 with the "floating glass" design, which I think is the most beautiful design for a TV ever made. I had never played WHD in 1080p, having only played it on an 11" 540p XEL-1 and occasionally on a 19" 720p Polaroid 100:1 contrast ratio POS. The difference is overwhelming.

Panasonic 5.1 with wireless rear speakers. It doesn't receive DTS but no big deal. I'll wait for lossless surround sound. PS3 Slim, silent running. I sit on a recliner that's propped up on a pallet so that my eye level more closely matches the XBR5, not at all necessary for the XEL-1, which I'd sometimes put in my lap. I never use the recliner to recline anymore.

I won't be tempted to buy anything else until 52" OLED displays come out, which are unfortunately still years away.

KIGO1987
16th May 2010, 01:52 AM
Those new Sony Bravia's look pretty awesome. Got to say the new base model Bravia's look a bit more cheaper than the last generation of models, but the premium range models are really impressive looking to have in any living room. Something i might looking towards getting when i move into a bigger place.

I find that the Bravia's have the least amount lag, and offer next to one of the best image quality with games, especially on Wipeout HD Fury, and those ads that everyone loves as well.

I dont think OLED tech will be coming anytime soon. The only demo OLED tv that was at the shop i worked in, was the tiny Sony one costs 7 grand! still a far far far away before we will be seeing them on the shelves. But there is a really good advantage with OLED tvs they use to next to absolute power. Really impressive stuff, was talking to a rep about these a few months back. OLED screen would also have the ability to be rolled or wraped around since there screens are dynamic and not static. Really interesting stuff. Looking forward when they eventually come out. Mean time my base model 2009 Bravia is doing quite well :)

concrete_d
16th May 2010, 05:50 PM
I play at my computer desk - best display in the house, 1080p capable. I just sit really close and pretend it's a huge TV :robot

Display: Dell 21" LCD Monitor (2208WFPt)
Sound: Yamaha 2.1 Speakers (YST-MS201)
PS3: 120GB Slim (CECH-2001A)
Net: SBC DSL 3.0 Mbps

Koleax
16th May 2010, 09:43 PM
Those new Sony Bravia's look pretty awesome.
Just wanted to confirm that I have one of the old Bravias, in case you were referring to my post. The "floating glass" design was discontinued about two or three years ago, so they're not easy to find anymore. Given the relative lack of features and contrast between a television made several years ago and one that's new, I think it's still worth owning for its design.

Yeah, I'm not snobby, am I? :)

I dont think OLED tech will be coming anytime soon. The only demo OLED tv that was at the shop i worked in, was the tiny Sony one costs 7 grand! still a far far far away before we will be seeing them on the shelves.

Were you thinking of the XEL-1? Not sure about the exchange rate, but I bought mine off eBay a year and half ago for USD 1.5K. You can get them much cheaper now. If I tried to sell mine, I don't think I'd get more than 800 for it.

The picture is still strikingly beautiful. It doesn't do much for a game like Wipeout HD, though, where everything is bright and there are no dramatic contrasts between light and dark. Better to play that on any old hi-res display. But. take the latest Prince of Persia game. On an XEL-1 it's magnificent. The ending sequence to Ridge Racer 6, with all those lines of glowing light against a black background? Breathtaking. If you're favorite game is Wipeout, though, no OLEDs necessary.

ASFAIK, the only two in existence to be sold commercially are the Sony XEL-1 and the LG 15EL9500, which I probably would have traded my XEL-1 in for already if it were only available in the US.

They are so beautiful. I mean I played video of a fireplace and some part of my primitive brain was afraid the fire would melt the screen. Turn off the lights and the light hitting the wall behind you looks like light from an actual fireplace. That ghostly pale glow you'd expect from any other TV just isn't there. No residual light.

Rezatron
17th May 2010, 02:05 AM
Display: BenQ 24" MPVA LCD Computer/Gaming monitor (1080p) (http://flattvexpress.com/myimage/lcdforgamers.jpg)
Sound: Sony MDR V6 Studio Headphones (http://images.miretail.com/products/optionLarge/Sony/556307.jpg)
PS3: Gunmetal Gray MGS4 PS3 (http://api.ning.com/files/EttRliHrAQidnR0zyVrYN8HZQWOBybv4DcXifGnrB8oytw1L5w mQyQHuQeP*qj0susnQx3kH38kYylo5gUo-bv0Kcuqnt*oZ/mgs4ps3le490w.jpg) - upgraded to 250GB (it's a non-glossy Phat, win!)

I have a 36" Sony XBR CRT but prefer the 24" BenQ for PS3/360. Each has it's uses, PS2 and Wii look great on the CRT and totally rubbish on the monitor.

KIGO1987
17th May 2010, 06:25 AM
Just wanted to confirm that I have one of the old Bravias, in case you were referring to my post. The "floating glass" design was discontinued about two or three years ago, so they're not easy to find anymore. Given the relative lack of features and contrast between a television made several years ago and one that's new, I think it's still worth owning for its design.

Yeah, I'm not snobby, am I? :)

Were you thinking of the XEL-1? Not sure about the exchange rate, but I bought mine off eBay a year and half ago for USD 1.5K. You can get them much cheaper now. If I tried to sell mine, I don't think I'd get more than 800 for it.

The picture is still strikingly beautiful. It doesn't do much for a game like Wipeout HD, though, where everything is bright and there are no dramatic contrasts between light and dark. Better to play that on any old hi-res display. But. take the latest Prince of Persia game. On an XEL-1 it's magnificent. The ending sequence to Ridge Racer 6, with all those lines of glowing light against a black background? Breathtaking. If you're favorite game is Wipeout, though, no OLEDs necessary.

ASFAIK, the only two in existence to be sold commercially are the Sony XEL-1 and the LG 15EL9500, which I probably would have traded my XEL-1 in for already if it were only available in the US.

They are so beautiful. I mean I played video of a fireplace and some part of my primitive brain was afraid the fire would melt the screen. Turn off the lights and the light hitting the wall behind you looks like light from an actual fireplace. That ghostly pale glow you'd expect from any other TV just isn't there. No residual light.

Last Q4s of 2009 V and W series TV still actually had the floating glass design on it as well. The newer entry level models dont have this any more, instead opt for a more cheaper looking silvery look on the bottom of the tv. I remember at the start of last decade how all the tvs had that dodgy chrome silver finish on the front, that honestly looks really cheap. the complete black theme or a complete silver finish, or even better the new completely flat panel glass theme on the top range tv by Sony just is something to die for.

BTW you mean Ridge Racer 7 right? Ridge Racer 6 wasnt on any Sony console.

Awesome game. Something i still play on once in a while.

Koleax
17th May 2010, 08:18 AM
Well, you're right, they technically still considered the later designs to be "floating glass" but it was altered quite significantly from the XBR3, 4 and 5. Everything since the XBR6 looks horrendous to me. I just keep thinking, why did they go and ruin a good thing? Ah well, I got mine. :)

The design of the NX700 series is definitely an improvement.

I did mean Ridge Racer 6, for the Xbox 360. I'm one of probably 30 people in the world to have all the achievements. :) RR7 is still on my list of games to buy, but it's at the top of the list. I figured I'd wait until I actually had a 1080p TV.

morfeo378
17th May 2010, 02:10 PM
37lg5000 1080p
logitech z5500
ps3 40gb-, now ps3 260 gb

KIGO1987
17th May 2010, 02:22 PM
I think the Logitech Z-5500's are a win for everyone by the sounds of things.

For a short moment in time Logitech made a different version of the Z-5500's with wireless rear speakers. They where expensive, and didnt sell for long, which is a bummer, cause i prob would of bought them, i forget the name of the product code for them.

UB3R~JKP
17th May 2010, 03:45 PM
TV- TECHWOOD Flame(Yeah, strange name) 32" HD 1080p
SS - Technika 2.0 Subwoofer+8 speakers(Pretty suck I know haha,)
80GB PS3 2008 CHECHL08
Accessories: Decking Chair