PDA

View Full Version : Whats your ride?

KIGO1987
6th May 2010, 08:20 AM
Im wondering what type of cars all you folk around the world own?

Ive got an old school Subaru Legacy 2.2l N/A AWD manual.

Maxes out on rapier i reckon, lol. Goes hard. Looking to upgrade soon. Anyone got any good ideas?

Dan Locke
6th May 2010, 04:20 PM
My ride:

http://s2.sigmirror.com/files/72940_e1dun/spinner.jpg

Well... not really. I don't actually have a car. :(

KIGO1987
6th May 2010, 04:27 PM
i think thats off Blade Runner right?

OneAVGNFan
6th May 2010, 04:36 PM
I have a used blue Volkswagon 2001 Jetta.

JJPAP
6th May 2010, 05:41 PM
A motherfriggin´ girly-red Toyoto Coolroller - ´98 or ´99 (no idea) - is more than enough for me :rock
The car is so awesome, that - last year, when it brought me to Scotland - a big fat male snail even tried to corpulate it, thinking the outcome would be a super-snail ... :eek :rolleyes:

Dan Locke
6th May 2010, 06:31 PM
i think thats off Blade Runner right?

Indeed. It's pretty much my favorite movie ever.

IDReaper
6th May 2010, 07:26 PM
Volvo S60 2.4t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8K22-B7jg8

Mine looks exactly like the one in this video with the exception of the interior, which is black leather on mine.

wich
6th May 2010, 07:29 PM
Haven't had a car for the last 5 years, before that I had an '89 Nissan Micra 1.2LX. Now though I have an '05 Ducati M620.

yeldar2097
6th May 2010, 10:52 PM
2008 Citroen C1 "Code"

They don't make this one any more. Includes all mod cons such as suede/leather seats, alloys, tachometer (lolworthy extra), electric windows and glovebox cover (WTF?)

I miss my car...Gonna give it a full service and a drive when I get back ;)

KIGO1987
6th May 2010, 11:13 PM
I think a tachometer would be necessary for that model of Citroen, you need to see how much rpm to pull to get it up step hills.

Interesting to know the fastest rank Wipeout player in the world drives a 1.0liter engine car. You should get Citroen to sponsor you Yeldar. You should be up for some serious dough ;)

yeldar2097
6th May 2010, 11:19 PM
I'll have you know it's 1.1l of 3 cylinder goodness ;)

Only raced it once, against a Renault Clio. Easy money :g

KIGO1987
6th May 2010, 11:25 PM
that wasn't a Renault Clio 197 by any chance?

yeldar2097
6th May 2010, 11:30 PM
Lol, no, 2009 standard Clio. He had the jump on me though - was a rolling start and he gunned it first. Nicked him round the first bend ;)

KIGO1987
7th May 2010, 12:19 AM
haha brilliant.

Rallying in Surrey. So Clio actually go pretty hard ive noticed ive seen around here. not that many of them in Aus though.

mic-dk
7th May 2010, 05:42 AM
I drive a 2005 VW Golf GTI. While its good fun in the roundabouts and I absolutely adore the DSG gearbox I kinda miss my big, old Mercedes Stationcar (or Estate if you prefer).

But thats just cars. My one true automotive love is my 1992 Kawasaki ZXR750 - yes the one with the hooverpipes leading down into the tank. It's been fitted with a '97 ZX900R engine, complete with titanium exhaust, flat-slide carbs and extensive work inside the engine. Last time it was on the dyno it pumped out 178bhp :rock

It's a heavy barge compared to more modern bikes, but at least I can fit my 1.90m frame on it unlike todays sportbikes that are apparently built for midgets. I just have to work a bit harder to keep up in the corners.

yeldar2097
7th May 2010, 05:57 AM
Ahh the Golf GTI...I've always wanted a MKII GTI, in black, with the sexy red line/stripe.

Mmmmmmmmmmm :p

Don't know anything about bikes, I'll have to google that one.

mic-dk
7th May 2010, 06:46 AM
Its the original mark 1 for me - pure sex on wheels. One of my mates bought one when he got his license. Even back then it was already an old car, but we didn't care. It was a GTI!!1!

Now I just miss those really comfy Mercedes leatherseats :D

KIGO1987
8th May 2010, 06:42 AM
The old school GTi's are brilliant. Given you can find one that hasnt been messed around with too much. Not that many of the old school generation VW Golf GTi's around these days. But god they are fun to drive. Test drove a Honda City 1.5 a few days ago. Even took it for a hard fang. Little car has some good go i gotta say. Honda engines love spinning at high rpms.:p

yeldar2097
9th May 2010, 12:26 AM
So far I've noticed that half of Guatemala drives a Mitsubishi Lancer - they're everywhere :eek

Zoth-Ommog
9th May 2010, 07:09 AM
At the moment i roll with -00 Audi A6 2.7 BiTurbo quattro.

KIGO1987
9th May 2010, 09:38 AM
those old 2.7 Audi V6's went damn hard when you pressed them, shame they are not in production anymore.

So far I've noticed that half of Guatemala drives a Mitsubishi Lancer - they're everywhere :eek

You get heaps of the Indian students here driving around in late 90's Mitsubishi Lancer's Coupes driving around with large rims too large diameter for the car, cannons on the rear of the car amplifying the crappy noise those cars emulate. and not to forget being lowered to the ground so the car cannot go over a speed bump without losing half of the undercarriage, all in a failed attempt to pick up pussy. haha, lol! My mate with this car got it bogged in the middle of nowhere, i had to pull it out with my ride lol, he owed me a crate of piss later on that month :beer

mic-dk
10th May 2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah, precisely that Audi (well the station/estate to be exact) was on my shortlist when I got my merc. In the end, I sent a guy to Germany with 10K EUR and a car-transport truck. His instructions were: 'Surprise me'. Well he didn't, since he got one from the top of the list :D

If only those S4/S6 weren't so damn expensive...!

Tomahawk
10th May 2010, 08:15 AM
Maybe we should merge this thread with the already existing one on that topic:

real world transport (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3732&highlight=xantia)

:?:

KIGO1987
18th May 2010, 06:36 PM
Was late to get to the airport yesterday, so i did phantom speed in my car;

http://i49.tinypic.com/2v0e2jk.jpg

got a bit of go given the car age. :eek

AG-wolf
18th May 2010, 08:19 PM
In April 2006 I purchased a 2007 Honda Fit (base model)... it was stick, no bells and whistles... I loved that thing. I had to sell it in September last year because I couldn't make car payments while I was at school. :/

right now, I have a hand-me-down 1995 Honda Civic DX (automatic). My ma bought it brand new in 1994, it's got 220k miles on it, and it still starts up like new.

Unfortunately I got a flat tire while driving on ice on the highway this past December, and spun it. It sat in the garage for 5 months while I was at school; I just finished fixing the brake line that broke. I still need to:

- put fluid back into the brake system and bleed the lines
- wire trailer lights onto the trunk
- replace the right rear rim and tire and hope to god the suspension isn't screwed...

other than that, it should on the road again within the next few weeks :) That car deserves to be driven until the engine explodes, it has been through hell and back lol I love it :D

mic-dk
18th May 2010, 08:39 PM
Aah, a Cerulian Blue Honda Fit (or Jazz as it's called over here). We bought one for my wife exactly the same (only a '09) last year. It really is a great little car, with a surprising amount of space.

Wait, I forgot I insisted on getting the optional parkingsensor. That was an awkward discussion... ;)

KIGO1987
19th May 2010, 07:32 AM
Honda Fit goes by the name of Honda Jazz in Aus. Ive driven the sister car of the Honda Jazz, the Honda City, driven the 1.5 engine. Nice car. But its a bit dangerous driving a car of that size here. you wouldnt have a hope in hell overtaking a road train with it. the one i test drove smelt like burnt clutch and brakes as well. The car does have a nice fizzy high rpm engine to drive. I wouldnt drive to far out of the city in one.

AG-Wolf what engine did your Honda have?

I probably say the old school Civic you got now is a tad better car, put a B16A engine in that car and you'll be laughing all day. :)

AG-wolf
19th May 2010, 12:39 PM
@mic-dk: Parking sensor? really? :P

@Eureka: in the US, the first model fit was only available with one engine, the "L15A" it was 1.5 liter with V-TEC, as opposed to a bunch of different options elsewhere in the world. Like I said, I had a stick, but it was also offered with a 5-speed automatic tranny, rather than the CVT the rest of the world got (CVT isn't really a popular option here).

and I'm not dropping an engine in the civic lol :P I'm not gonna be one of the millions of grungy civic modders in this country. I'm almost ashamed to be driving a civic, except mine isn't obnoxiously riced out, and the normal car itself is actually a decent vehicle. I still say my tail end looks better than this guy:
http://www.ricecop.com/view_gpic.php?id=1981&c=874&make=All&model=All&p=000874-02.jpg

KIGO1987
19th May 2010, 01:20 PM
Manual is probably the best transmission for the Jazz/Fit here in Aus it also comes in the 5 speed auto as well. Cars with CVT autos are horrid to drive, it feels like the car has a serious case of constipation accelerating hard with a car that has a CVT transmission. the entry level naturally aspirate Subaru Legacy 4 cylinder engine have CVT transmissions now, i got to be honest, rather have the old 4 speed automatic over a CVT transmission even though CVT transmissions are really good at getting exceptionally good fuel economy. You just dont get a feel of momentum in acceleration with a car with a CVT transmission. While the dual clutch transmission in the Skoda, Audi and Volkswagen are brilliant.

mic-dk
19th May 2010, 07:16 PM
@mic-dk: Parking sensor? really? :P

Yeah, well, since it's my wifes car and she drives it 99% of the time, I thought it was a prudent investment. I think it'll do wonders for the resale value in a few years!

Little_Piranha
19th May 2010, 08:26 PM
Like this:
http://www.puntopower.com/images/knowles/knowles_08.jpg
The only difference is that mine is black. I love it a lot, it's my first car. :)

WolfKill01
20th May 2010, 01:56 AM
'97 Civic EX. Automatic. Black. Bland. But it's my first car so I can't complain.

WolfKill01
17th October 2010, 09:38 PM
*A New Car Approaches*

Since college is right around the corner it came to my and my parent's attention that i needed a new ride and give my little brother the civic. My dad, who's been a classic muscle car fan since the 70's, found me a 1982 Datsun(nissan) 280zx; 5-speed manual, digital dashboard, the works. Not a bad find, eh?

infoxicated
17th October 2010, 09:48 PM
Not too shabby, man. :+

I love 80's sports cars, like those Firebirds used in Smokey & The Bandit and Knight Rider, or the Corvettes from The A Team or the one masquerading as a Ferrari in Miami Vice. Not convinced they went round corners particularly well, but they sure looked good. :)

DeepMix
18th October 2010, 07:28 AM
oh i didnt see this thread before lol

well i drive a mazda protege 2003 2.0l N/A Auto (:() pretty similar to the one on this image except mine doesnt have a sunroof but it has a spoiler

http://www.soloautos.com/AutosParticulares/AUP2983frente.jpg

MetaKraken
21st October 2010, 09:23 PM
I drive an '01 Toyota Corolla CE, which was given to me by my parents.

mikrucio
27th October 2010, 05:57 AM
I drive a 92 Toyota Soarer (JZZ30).
best car ever made.