PDA

View Full Version : Sydney to have worlds first 3D sports broadcast

blackwiggle
3rd May 2010, 05:16 AM
I first read that they were going to do a trial broadcast of three live 3D broadcasts of the "State of Origin" Rugby League games back in Feb.
They were going to be similar to what has been done in the USA & UK with these 3D test broadcasts, at large venues where people pay to get in, renting the specs and view the game.

But they are going one further with it now, by transmitting the 3D signal so anybody with a 3D capable set who can pick up the signal can watch for free, and in their own home.
This will beat the FIFA World Cup 3D telecasts by a few days, which ironically Australia will not be able to watch live,just like so many other countries, because of lack of 3D signal receiving/transmitting infrastructure by the broadcasters.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/hometech/coming-to-a-tv-near-you-3d-origin-20100428-tqh7.html

I'm not sure how many 3D TV's have been sold so far, but it's been a pretty heavy cross promotion for the last few weeks by the broadcaster CH9, the Rugby League board, Samsung and Harvey Norman - The dept store that is selling the TV's.

KIGO1987
6th May 2010, 08:15 AM
Shame it wasnt around a few years ago, it would of been interesting seeing that John Hoppawahti guy perform his secret maneuver in NRL. I think most of aussies can remember that lol. The hand tactit he used in the game. lol