PDA

View Full Version : Any Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow fans here?

Ebeb
19th February 2010, 07:45 PM
So I was digging through some of my old stuff earlier today when I found my old Pokemon Blue cartridge.
Oh, the nostalgia. :dizzy I still remember how to perform the Missingno glitch.
Did anyone else love the old Pokemon games? I've played the ones that came out after the 1st generation, but I never liked them as much.

Whizawk
19th February 2010, 11:01 PM
I don't have any, but I remember playing some when I was a lot younger. I think it was Blue/Yellow I played, none of the others.

zeeZ
20th February 2010, 12:42 AM
I own blue and gold myself, awesome times. Also played through I think pearl edition.. Best thing is thanks to pokemon stadium I could finally teach my charizard how to fly :dizzy

Btw, my current desktop (http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6992/ss20100220030316.jpg) is inspired by the first three original pokemon ;D

AG-wolf
20th February 2010, 01:25 AM
I got Blue when it came out... I think I was in high school at the time. It was a lot of fun, but I never bothered to play any of the later ones... it was all just more of the same. It works for Wipeout, but not Pokemon.

I think I still have missingno, too :P Item dupe, push the truck, hold down + B, etc etc etc lol

Ebeb
20th February 2010, 02:04 AM
Awesome background, zeeZ. :lol
I can't decide if I should start a new file or not. I'm hesitant to erase my progress in the game. I remember spending many long car rides leveling up my pokemon.

Motorsagmannen
20th February 2010, 02:29 AM
pokemon blue for me. it seems like aeons ago though. that was a highly addictive game but i havent touched it in a long long time.
favorite team.

aerodactyl
dragonite
gyarados
moltres
zapdos
articuno

probably not the best ballanced team but it kicked ass and it`s cool 8)

favorite pokemon

gengar with dreameater

oh, missingno one of the most usefull pokemons around, but not for its combat abilities ;)

@zeez: that is pretty epic. i love that lol

Hellfire_WZ
20th February 2010, 07:30 AM
I had Pokemon Blue as well, I've still got the cartridge! Good times. I'm tempted by HG/SS, haven't played one of these for ages so I'd be interested to see what they're like. Especially as they have all the classic Pokemon again.

Dark_Phantom_89
20th February 2010, 09:48 AM
I only played the Red and Blue versions, but loved them. I even got all Pokemon on the Blue Version. Ahh, good times...

RedScar
22nd February 2010, 06:30 PM
I owned Red, and gold. My younger cousin has ALL of the pokemon's ever produced excluding the original green which was only sold in Japan. I will have to steal them off him some day lol.

Z°ⁿε
22nd February 2010, 07:00 PM
@Dark_Phantom_89
You actually caught 'em all?! :lol :beer

But ya, Good times. Red version was awesome!
I also remember that glitch ha.

yeldar2097
22nd February 2010, 08:03 PM
Pokemon blue pwnage (have yellow and gold as well).

My gameboy is broken but I have pokemon blue running on my iPhone :g

Pikachu (^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^)
Blastoise
Kadabra
Moltres
Vileplume
Gyrados

My cat reminds me of Pikachu, it gets preferential treatment as a result :nod

Aeroracer
22nd February 2010, 08:24 PM
i liked pokemon when i was about 10 or 11 but now im grown up i think its pretty sad and pathetic....im more mature now so its teletubbies and bu-bar or whatever those fat fish were called that press my buttons nowadays...:nod

Dark_Phantom_89
24th February 2010, 09:25 AM
@Dark_Phantom_89
You actually caught 'em all?! :lol :beer

But ya, Good times. Red version was awesome!
I also remember that glitch ha.

Sure did :) It wasn't easy though, the safari park was a nightmare.

zeeZ
24th February 2010, 10:21 AM
Just checked my Blue, Pokédex 130, game time 60:51.

My current setup is:
Lv. 66 Charizard
Lv. 100 Kabutops
Lv. 38 Dragonair
Lv. 3 Pikachu with 0 HP left
Monies: 799487
:dizzy

Gold game: 16 medals, Pokédex 119, game time 85:54, 42225 monies.

Setup:
Lv. 89 Typhlosion
Lv. 57 Ho-Oh named Colorbird
Lv. 42 Scyther
Lv. 46 Rapidash
Lv. 40 Kingler
Lv. 81 Typhlosion o0