PDA

View Full Version : Some new weird online bugs? -everlasting quakes

blackwiggle
27th December 2009, 10:59 PM
I had a weird bug today while playing AVALON.
I picked up a quake and used it but it still remained active so I could use it again & again.
It wouldn't absorb.
I didn't think it was the right thing to do to keep using it,so I kept racing basically as if I had no weapons
It was active until my shield energy depleted and I died due to a particularly nasty patch of bombs & mines, a typical AVALON Cambodia situation.
Anybody else had this happen?

I also raced upside down on Tech De Ra without respawning for quarter of a lap,another 1st.
Pretty disorientating when you play in cockpit view,it was like a perpetual BR .

eLhabib
28th December 2009, 04:09 AM
Very honorable not to use it - I think I probably would have tsunami-spammed like there's no tomorrow, laughing my arse off in the process ;)
But yeah, weird, but that happens sometimes that pickups just won't go away. Still waiting for the day that happens to me on Metropia R, with turbos :lol

DeepMix
28th December 2009, 06:02 AM
that has happened to me several times with the shield, after i used a shield & i pick up a new weapon( another shield ) & used it while the last shield was on, the new shield doesnt work but the sound remains & sometimes the weapon got stuck, fortunately im able to absorb it

Dark_Phantom_89
28th December 2009, 09:24 AM
I have had that problem with a Leech Beam. It wouldn't lock on to anyone and I couldn't absorb it. Wasn't fun racing on Anulpha Pass with everyone firing almighty weapons and me sitting at the back with an eternal Leech Beam...

blackwiggle
28th December 2009, 09:44 PM
I've had the Leech Beam before.
I think that was the first weapon bug ever reported before Fury was released, and I've seen a few people suffer that during races [which makes them easy targets :twisted ].
Leech beam seems to happen while racing Metropia or Vineta K more than any other track for some reason.

I'd love a Turbo bug as well,I sometimes think some people have received this when they get ridiculously ahead on a basically none BR track in a very short space of time ,but I can't remember anybody reporting it.
It would be a pretty rare occurrence at any rate,just like getting perpetual Quake.
A perpetual Auto pilot for that vile Modesto track at phantom speed would be a welcome relief, I'm tired of seeing that red pop-up saying I have eliminated myself. :brickwall

wipeout rocks
30th December 2009, 09:56 AM
ive had a simalar thing with leech beam exept it goes away when i absorbed it as usual but then the picture did not go away so it looked as if i still had it
ps:i get it only in eliminator

DeepMix
31st December 2009, 02:05 AM
today racing online as usually i had the leech beam bug, the weapon icon disappeared but it was still showing the lighting bolt in front of my ship, i couldn't get any other weapon for the rest of the race so i had to evade as much as i could to survived lol luckily i finished 3rd on TJ Reverse

Woopzilla
31st December 2009, 11:10 PM
I'm getting this but I can still get new weapons. I just have a permanent Leech Beam 'ball' at the front of my ship.

Also, this might just be lag, but occasionally it takes about 5 tries in order to fire a Quake. It triggers the sound when trying, but the quake animation is only played when it actually fires.