PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption

invernomuto
25th November 2009, 07:02 PM
Am I the only one desperately waiting for this game to come out of the (usual) Rockstar Games' "fog of hype"*?

I really like what I saw so far, it looks gorgeous and wild, like a real Old West game should be...

official site (http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/)

* I am referring here to the usual R* not-much-info-before-release policy, like trailer 1/2/3, no in depth interviews, etc.

eLhabib
25th November 2009, 09:39 PM
Probably the one game I am most excited about, next to The Last Guardian! :cowboy

G'Kyl
25th November 2009, 10:10 PM
At the moment I can't be bothered with any future game but Bayonetta, but hell yeah, I'm so hoping Rockstar does the Wild West right! What I've seen so far (some short action scenes) looked a bit too much GTA-ish.... ah, well.

Ben

eLhabib
25th November 2009, 10:17 PM
Well if it's anything like Red Dead Revolver, we're onto a winner here.

invernomuto
26th November 2009, 07:40 AM
what I've seen and read more than suggest it will be a lot GTA-ish, to the point someone already started dubbing it "Grand Theft Horse" ;)

But I mean that in a positive way... I'd love a "good, bad and ugly", GTA-style :rock

Tomahawk
4th December 2009, 03:46 PM
I loved to play Red Dead Revolver on my PS2. Played through it a couple of times at all difficulties. I also enjoyed the 4-player split-screen mode. The laughing started when we selected our characters ("I got a case of cigars and a bottle of tequila and I'm not going anywhere!") and got even louder through all of our multiplayer sessions... :cowboy

The mission which reminded me of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (my absolute most favourite movie btw!) the most was the one where you had to fight at the bridge and take out the cannons.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel and I'm sure it will be at least as good as the first part of the series (can you call it a series now that the second part is announced?).