PDA

View Full Version : Gravity Crash

G'Kyl
25th November 2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I know, it's just a PSN game, but did anyone download Gravity Crash yet? It's a neon colored version of "Gravitar, Thrust and Oids" as the devs say, which plays like in the old days or as a dual-stick shooter - whatever you prefer. Anyway, it's also got some great "Chiptune" kinda Music from Tim "Cold Storage" Wright AND you can build and share your own levels. :) Just wanted to see whether someone else likes it as much as I already do.

Ben

AG-wolf
4th December 2009, 02:17 AM
hard to believe there's no talk of this game. I haven't downloaded it yet because they block PSN on my school's internet, but I'm getting it the first time I fire up my PS3 back home for winter break.

Is nobody aware of it or something?

Z_Zoquis
4th December 2009, 12:19 PM
I know they are very different games, but I just can't bring myself to get GC when Pixeljunk Shooter is coming out next week.

yeldar2097
4th December 2009, 06:23 PM
I played the demo and loved it :)

Favourite part is the music - it's so chirpy and retro, awesome! :g

Was gonna buy it til I realised I need to spend all my money on christmas prezzies :paperbag

DawnFireDragoon
4th December 2009, 08:41 PM
looks like a shiny version of Gravitation, an old Net Yaroze game, i played back on a uk playstation magazine demo years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBKDaGd68vw

And no ones heard of it because Sony don't understand how to market things. if this was released on xbox live arcade it would be a hit. guaranteed. Just because it would get good exposure. it's a shame really.

mdhay
4th December 2009, 09:01 PM
Gravitation? I still have that. Need to fire it up again. :hyper

AG-wolf
5th December 2009, 02:28 PM
sad, I don't think I've ever gotten to play anything that was borne of the Net Yaroze project :/ I remember reading about the system back in the day and being all like "OMG black PSX!?!?!" :P

Edit: also, if GC is anything like that video of gravitation, I'm looking forward to it.

DawnFireDragoon
5th December 2009, 09:47 PM
if you have a PAL psone, i recommend e-baying the metal gear solid special official uk playstation magazine demo.

demo disc 42.

it features a compilation of all the best net yaroze games. it's an absolute gem that collection. :nod

AG-wolf
10th December 2009, 02:47 PM
awesome thanks, yeah I'll try to get my hands on it.

as far as Gravity Crash goes, though, I just picked it up the other day. It's a blast, but unfortunately multiplayer sucks hardcore. They give you three new modes for multiplayer, all of which are horrifically boring compared to the single player campaign. The screen is split into two tiny separate views, each of which is still 16x9 aspect ratio, rather than just cutting the TV in half horizontally or vertically. Makes it hard to really see what's goin on. THey should have done a multiplayer mode in the main campaign which shares one screen, and just zooms out as players mover further apart, ala Pixel Junk Eden.

I dunno, maybe I'm just spoiled by the Geometry Wars games :/ at least single player is fun... and the music is awesome, of course ;) lol

FatScarf
10th December 2009, 03:05 PM
looks like a shiny version of Gravitation, an old Net Yaroze game, i played back on a uk playstation magazine demo years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBKDaGd68vw

And no ones heard of it because Sony don't understand how to market things. if this was released on xbox live arcade it would be a hit. guaranteed. Just because it would get good exposure. it's a shame really.

Goddamn I remember that! The Yaroze had quite a few interesting games developed on it, then it died a horrible death :[ I remember my friend called the order hotline to buy one, and the number he got from the Official PS Magazine got him through to some rather disgruntled guy who had no idea was a Yaroze was.

Gravity Crash is a pretty fun game, and Pixeljunk's Shooter will be awesome too no doubt, out later today.

DeepMix
10th December 2009, 10:03 PM
oh i bought the game the same day of release lol ive been tracking this game since a lot of time, anyway the game its great you have plenty of stuff you can do apart from the campaign mode, you can create levels, publish them and also play levels created by other people.

if you have a 1080p regardless tv or monitor, you will love the graphics of the game, also it has a great retro soundtrack. the difficulty is pretty much tricky as it offers you two ways you can control your ship (retro or modern) it can be pretty hard sometimes but believe me the game is pretty rewarding :)

edit: i also think pixel junk shooter is coming out today it will be great too, ill buy it :)

Z_Zoquis
11th December 2009, 11:36 AM
Pixeljunk Shooter is great...

mic-dk
11th December 2009, 12:30 PM
That Gravitation thing, remind me of a few years back, when we used to play Xpilot in the office every friday afternoon. That was a lot of fun blasting someone, and hearing an angry roar from the next office :D

F.E.I.S.A.R
11th December 2009, 02:39 PM
I saw the trailer.Do one of the ships look like a Qirex painted red(or with A-G Systems Livery?)

q_dmc12
11th December 2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I know, it's just a PSN game, but did anyone download Gravity Crash yet? It's a neon colored version of "Gravitar, Thrust and Oids" as the devs say, which plays like in the old days or as a dual-stick shooter - whatever you prefer. Anyway, it's also got some great "Chiptune" kinda Music from Tim "Cold Storage" Wright AND you can build and share your own levels. :) Just wanted to see whether someone else likes it as much as I already do.

Ben

I know that Gravity Crash is an album by Cold Storage...:?

*EDIT* Oh I see, yeah he made the album (http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/gravity-crash-vinyl-single) for the game.

G'Kyl
12th December 2009, 08:40 AM
Yes, well, he did the soundtrack - which is why the OST is called Gravity Crash. ;) As far as I remember there was something about a full album (not the two-track) release some time "after the game's release". Because... I'm waiting for it! :)

Ben

AG-wolf
12th December 2009, 07:04 PM
What the hell is with this "Pixel Junk Shooter"?? It's like the exact same concept, why on earth would Sony release two games that are practically competing with each other?

DawnFireDragoon
12th December 2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, well, he did the soundtrack - which is why the OST is called Gravity Crash. ;) As far as I remember there was something about a full album (not the two-track) release some time "after the game's release". Because... I'm waiting for it! :)

Ben

i'm waiting for that too :)

also his wipeout remixes album he wants to work on next.

Z_Zoquis
13th December 2009, 12:54 AM
What the hell is with this "Pixel Junk Shooter"?? It's like the exact same concept, why on earth would Sony release two games that are practically competing with each other?

actually they aren't really the same. They seem pretty similar but the play mechanics are quite different. Shooter is more about puzzle solving and making use of the clever fluid dynamics...

RJ O'Connell
29th January 2010, 07:32 PM
This shouldn't be back at page 3.

Just improved my best score to about 30,000-something and didn't need a continue on the first solar system.

Oh, and it goes without saying, the in-game soundtrack is amazing. ;)

AG-wolf
29th January 2010, 10:03 PM
I wish I could play this game for speed, but I like going through each level meticulously and getting every crystal, artifact, node, etc etc lol :P I've spent upwards of like 20 minutes or more each on a couple of the middle levels thus far.

The game's a lot of fun after a couple drinks with all the lights off... very relaxing, very atmospheric :3 and obviously the music is awesome.

RJ O'Connell
31st January 2010, 06:29 PM
I'm not jealous of your high score Wolf. No, not at all.

drell
10th February 2010, 04:42 PM
The music is awesome, I've been listening to it completely now.
It has been released like you said G'Kyl: here (http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/gravity-crash-anthems).

G'Kyl
11th February 2010, 06:48 AM
Yep, I bought the soundtrack as soon as it was released. Awesome music, I do love it! And I still enjoy Gravity Crash. It's such a wonderful nod to everything good about the good ol' days.

Ben

Connavar
25th February 2010, 01:35 AM
Haven't bought the game because I don't have so much time to spend on
games right now, will probably buy it in a not too distant future!
But I bought the soundtrack yesterday, in the "audiophile" FLAC format!
Some tracks are just awesome, huge congrats to CoLDSToRAGE :+

As Heaven Is Wide
16th April 2010, 08:44 AM
Can't believe I forgot about this game :bomb I notice the price has been reduced to £3.99 so I'll be correcting that mistake shortly.