PDA

View Full Version : Comic Reader

abukii
21st November 2009, 08:32 PM
Hey guys and gals. If you have a NA PSN and access to the new Comic Reader feature, here is the full list of free comics you can get (and in no particular order):

EC2N-9HBR-HJD6
63N8-R2BF-NE4D
FF3N-H7B6-M2JF
724K-A4BG-JLD7

NOTE: The codes ARE case sensitive. And also note, upon installing the comic reader *DO THIS FIRST BEFORE DOWNLOADING* Go to Account Management>System Activation and activate your video//comic section...then d/l the reader, then the comics. All codes work. They were given out by SONY, SONY Tweets and SONY PS Blog. They will not expire before 16/12/2009.
Also note, the Comic reader is NOT 1078 mb...its KB even though it says MB...cheeky!

The 4 Comics:
Star Trek Year 4 (Must be downloaded directly from the PSP)
Transformers: All Hail Megatron
Aleister Arcane #1
Astro Boy Movie Adaption

The biggest file is 40 mb and I think its Star Trek. The others range from 23-33mb/comic.
Enjoy!!

*edit to add* The COLLECTION (worldwide) courtesy of PSN Stores on Twitter.
http://www.psnstores.com/2009/11/try-out-the-psp-comic-reader/

RedScar
21st November 2009, 10:38 PM
do all my threads get hijacked?

Task
21st November 2009, 10:55 PM
8 ) Fixed.

abukii
22nd November 2009, 01:53 PM
LoL...RedScar, if you read the title of my post, it said "Returning the favor". It wasnt meant to be a hijack at all. I was jsut trying to express my appreciation for what you did and figured to toss in some codes for you and the community too. Thats all...besides, its its own thread now:cake

AG-wolf
22nd November 2009, 03:09 PM
What's comic reader? An app on PSN that lets you view scanned comic books or something?

abukii
22nd November 2009, 06:40 PM
AG-Wolf: Its a feature in the PSP 6.20 update. The icon is to the left of photo(?). You click on that and download it. Its an app. that reads comics specifically made for the psp. Up there^^^ are the codes and a master code list from the company that converts the comics. Its definitely worth looking at. All of the art is in hi-res or as close to it as possible. I am SERIOUSLY thinking of contacting these guys, and, in kahoots with Mammoth, see if I can get my comic debuted on the system. So far, Ive only browsed Aelister Arcane, but you can basically flip, rotate, zoom, scan the pages. Its a cool app. Just wish I had more than a 512mb card. My 2gig is in my video cam.

Mr Phlanj
24th November 2009, 11:02 AM
damit on the final confirm screen i accidently hit cancel now it wont let me download Aleister Arcane

Lance
24th November 2009, 01:24 PM
LOL. Aleister Arcane. :D
That sort of thing might be a valid reason for me to be on a network. :surprised:

abukii
24th November 2009, 02:47 PM
It should still be in the Account Management section-- the Downloads List. Try that.

@Lance-- Do it, man...DOOOOO IT:D Its actually a nice piece of tech.

Mr Phlanj
24th November 2009, 04:21 PM
Abukii: yer i tryed that straight away but it wasnt there :(

Lance: ONE OF US!! ONE OF US!! ONE OF US!!

abukii
25th November 2009, 02:52 PM
Thats curious. Did you activate the video//comics in account management first?? Did you previously activate video//comics on a different regions screen name and NOT deactivate before trying the other account??

infoxicated
25th November 2009, 03:04 PM
I had the same issue - I activated it earlier this afternoon, but I didn't get the comics tab on the store. It's appeared now, though - maybe it just takes some time.

//edit

Scratch that - I clicked on it and got an error, so I restarted the store and it's disappeared again now.

Ah well - I was more interested in the Star Trek comic, but they don't have that on the UK store.

Mr Phlanj
25th November 2009, 05:00 PM
abukii: yes i made sure i did that but i didnt but i never (and still havnt) got the comics icon on the store. I got the codes from some website and the transformer one worked just fine

abukii
26th November 2009, 06:22 PM
One of them (or more) have to be redeemed directly from the PSP. Apart from that, Im truly baffled and appologize :(

Mr Phlanj
26th November 2009, 06:34 PM
hey it's ok i'm sure i'll get over it
(damn i hate everything!!)

abukii
26th November 2009, 07:17 PM
Cheers, bruva:+:+

BulletWraith
28th November 2009, 04:34 AM
It should still be in the Account Managem....

thanks abukii, thanks so much, I was downloading the last comic(Transformers) the only one I was eager to see and it ran out of battery I thought I was well screwed until I read this/it worked
Churr churr

abukii
28th November 2009, 04:56 AM
Glad to be of assistance, Zer0Shen :)

*Infoxicated-- EU store is just having issues. I think its the PAL coding in general. Check the EU blog and/or their Twitter for possible fixes. Im afraid I really am a fish out of water when it comes to PAL coding :(