PDA

View Full Version : Consumer rights and the bigger issue of whether post-purchase introduction of advertising to a game

Spilskinanker
6th November 2009, 02:00 AM
What do you think?

Lance
6th November 2009, 04:12 AM
I think this issue has already been discussed heavily in other threads. What makes this one worthy of a separate existence? Does it have a specific point of focus?

Vartazian
6th November 2009, 05:09 AM
Heres my Thoughts.

Your Over Reacting.

Get over it.

DrMannevond
6th November 2009, 08:45 PM
"Consumer rights and the bigger issue of whether post-purchase introduction of advertising to a game"

I have to say I completely agree. This is a phenomenon that's about to take off, and we're only seeing the first moves in regards to how this will play out and affect games in the future. That should be reason enough to have this discussion now.
@Lance : Yeah, it's been heavily discussed, but hasn't that been more or less exclusively in regards to Wipeout and the new ads? (I don't read everything on here, so correct me if I'm wrong). Personally I see this as an important discussion that needs to be had now rather than later, before in-game ads of all shapes and sizes are the norm and naysayers are relegated to the outskirts of polite conversation:P
Of course, what's said here probably won't affect the bigger picture much, but it could be an interesting discussion.

Lance
6th November 2009, 08:53 PM
If discussion can't be more logical than the thread title, then it is extremely unlikely that this discussion would have any effect at all. As I just said in a thread I started that is for discussion or venting about 2.10 adverts, any discussion of starting a lawsuit against Sony or other game distributors should take place entirely outside the WipeoutZone.

And BTW, adverts in a videogame are a smaller issue than consumer rights in general, and are only a subsection of it.
I repeat: What is the actual intended direction of this new thread?

Spilskinanker has been here at least twice since my first post in this thread, but has left without answering. If there is so much to do in La Jolla that you don't have time to post an answer, I will close this thread. I suspect along with my fellow mods that this thread was just started to do a bit of stirring for the heck of it.

edit: Still no answer. In any case, it seems to me that a topic of that size and importance belongs on a real consumer rights forum. The topic as it relates to WipEout is already being much discussed in the HD/Fury section, about the game where the issue occurs. So, this thread is closed.