PDA

View Full Version : Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot 3 and CTR

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 08:43 AM
Who out there has bought one or more of these old crash PSX games, and have downloaded them onto there PS3 or PSP consoles?

Just wondering it appears that on Crash1 on the PSP, there is some sort of lag between touching the DPAD controls and Crash actually moving, also ive i get double vision extremely quickly playing these old PSone games on the PSP and the PS3, with the graphics occasionally flickering and gerking, i never got this back in the 90's at all.

Has any of you guy's downloaded these old PSX games off the PS store and have experience problems like this too?

Vartazian
27th October 2009, 08:44 AM
I dont have any problems with Crash 1 / Crash 3. I own them all on CD as well as On my Hardrive.

I havent had any problems yet PS3 wise that is.

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 08:47 AM
Ok, my eyes must be ****ed then:(

Or i need to upgrade to a Full HD sooner rather than later.

BTW is Crash Bandicoot 2 available in your regional store Vartazian?

yeldar2097
27th October 2009, 08:54 AM
got em all on original disc version :g

awesome games...shame they went to pot :(

Vartazian
27th October 2009, 08:58 AM
#2 is Return of Cortex / Cortexs Revenge right? or something like that? I believe it is.

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 09:00 AM
You can say that again Gareth:(

Such of a shame the franchise all went toshit

I think the last one, was the final Crash game ever made, dont think Activion will make another one of these games. God, Naughty Dog needs the rights for this game again, so they can make this once great game great again, i would like to see a Crash game on the PS3, built for the PS3.

The old ones where good memories, also the origins of my swearing as well, :lol

Like in CTR "you bastard stole my box" XD LOL, one of the best call signs for that game, also a brilliant multiplayer game.

Blackwiggle just bought a few of the old ones off the PSN store, just telling him, how bloody hard Crash 1 really is, how you cant die once in the level in order to win the gem. This game is epic in my book though:)

#2 is Return of Cortex / Cortexs Revenge right? or something like that? I believe it is.

"Cortex Strikes Back" it is

Vartazian
27th October 2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah its Available.

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 10:08 AM
Only Crash 1, Crash 3: Warped and CTR are available to purchase on the AU playstation store, but no Crash 2 for some reason. But odd tbh.

Triakis^3
27th October 2009, 10:19 AM
Crash Bandicoot games rulz! i still have my old ones on CD too. Don't like the news ones.

When is the next Crash Bandicoot game due to come out? Anyone here know?:)

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 10:27 AM
Im not sure if there is another Crash Bandicoot game coming out, i think that last one Mind Over Mutant was the last one, theshit sales and dodgy gameplay plot was the ultimate fall of this once great game series. Would be cool seeing one Crash game being released on the PS3 actually for the PS3. Never know.

Amorbis
27th October 2009, 01:20 PM
Crash 2 isn't available in Europe either, KIGO. Maybe one of those PAL 'problems' they had with Silent Hill and Spyro.

I was very close to buying CTR off the PS store to play on the PSP, but I didn't in the end. I'd rather get the disc version to play on the big screen again. Funnily CTR is the only Crash game I've played in great depth as I've only ever rented Crash 1, it was very fun though.

blackwiggle
27th October 2009, 01:40 PM
That bloody Bandicoot is driving me crazy .

It would be easier to do ten barrel rolls down the long mag strip of Moa Therma than to get this damm marsupial to jump without going left or right .:brickwall

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 02:47 PM
BW, Crash 1 is a very hard Crash game, very basic, but hard, and an absolute bitch in getting the Gems on too. How far have you got in it now BW?

Crash 2 isn't available in Europe either, KIGO. Maybe one of those PAL 'problems' they had with Silent Hill and Spyro.

I was very close to buying CTR off the PS store to play on the PSP, but I didn't in the end. I'd rather get the disc version to play on the big screen again. Funnily CTR is the only Crash game I've played in great depth as I've only ever rented Crash 1, it was very fun though.

Must be a PAL region problem, shame TBH. CTR is one of the best multiplayer games on the PSX back in the day, great memories, good times. With Crash 2 was on the PSN store too, that has good moments as well.

abukii
27th October 2009, 04:00 PM
...But I want a PS3 next-gen Oddworld game :)

Couldnt really ever get into Crash. Maybe I dont know what Im missing, it always seemed "kiddie" to me.

kaori
27th October 2009, 07:06 PM
Naughty Dog :beer
One of best creators on PS1 !
I had the 4 games on PS1, I always own CTR, and CTR was the first game I've download for my PSP.
I love CTR! For me, an homage to Mario Kart, but better.

KIGO1987
28th October 2009, 03:39 AM
@ abukii: Oddworld is spose to be on the PStore last week to download on your PSP and PS3. Arch told me, couldnt find it anywhere though.

@ Kaori: Agreed there. Naughty Dog is the best. CTR was an awesome multiplayer game. Good times.

There needs to be a Crash game on the PS3 made for the PS3 i reckon, and non of this recent crap. Time to spam the crap out of Activision's contacts numbers, lol.

blackwiggle
28th October 2009, 03:44 AM
Oddworld 1 & 2 were put up at the USA Pstore last week.

Aus/UK store might get them Thurs/Fri

KIGO1987
28th October 2009, 01:12 PM
Arch will be happy that his game will be out, maybe it is the reason for his recent crankyness. That he had to wait longer for Oddworld to come out on the EU store.

How far have you got in Crash 1 now BW?

abukii
28th October 2009, 11:14 PM
Yea, Oddworld Abe's oddysey and exodus came to US last Thursday. Shouldnt be long now for EU/AU.

Harvai
29th October 2009, 10:57 AM
I remember getting 104% completion on Crash 3. Can't remember what you had to do to get 105, probably something outrageous. The Wumpa Fruit bazooka is still one of my favourite video game weapons!

KIGO1987
29th October 2009, 11:56 AM
Same for me there Harvai. I also got 104% completed on Crash 3 when i got the game on disc back in the day. What you needed to get, to get the 105% in the game, was to get at least "gold", or "platinum" relics in the game, on all levels, even the secret ones, which is basically impossible to do. Unless you spend the same amount of time on the playstation console like Yelder:) Then again, he looks like Crash Bandicoot himself.

Blackwiggle how far have you got in the game? Have you got passed the first island yet?