PDA

View Full Version : parodius portable

chri5
13th October 2009, 07:42 AM
anyone got this for the psp? Not bought a game for the psp in ages but this has caught my attention being a fan of the game originally.

abukii
13th October 2009, 10:58 AM
I dont think we have that on the North American store [yet]. Ive been busy with Silent Hill Origins. Thats a good one if youre into the series.

Darwock
14th October 2009, 01:45 AM
Yeah I have it, it's one of my most played PSP titles. Got it sometime in 2007.

Has a LOT of content too, in all the time I've played I have basically focused purely on 'Parodius Da!!', and still haven't finished that (I'm a stickler for not using continues, but I did use the save game facility once I got to stage 6).

The first Parodius is a nice curiosity but tbh you want the graphical style with this game. My favourite in the series is Sexy Parodius but I played that a lot on PS1 so I haven't really played it here, was going to do it next if I ever beat Parodius Da!!

Oh and it has a lovely music player so you can hear all the awesome retro tracks whenever you want to :)

Are you looking at the UMD release? If this was available as a download (don't think it is) I would have bought a PSP Go, that's the only thing holding me back.

chri5
14th October 2009, 02:26 PM
I'm in the process of making a Japanese PSN account, I've not seen parodius in the JP download store but I've not looked very hard. I'll probably get the umd release off ebay.

MrSmadSmartAlex
14th October 2009, 03:59 PM
I forgot all about Parodius Portable! I read somewhere ages ago that it would get a worldwide release eventually, so I waited and ended up forgetting about it:rolleyes:. So this is still Japan-only? If so, I'll get that version. I haven't played the 1st or 4th games yet, but Gokujo Parodius was my favourite.:D

KIGO1987
14th October 2009, 04:06 PM
How to create a Japanese account 101, follow this link,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0&feature=related

chri5
15th October 2009, 11:21 AM
thanks KIGO, will try that tonight!