PDA

View Full Version : Tiesto Fans

Rapier Racer
11th October 2009, 11:58 AM
Are there any here? Doubt there are any as big as me on this forum :D but Kaleidoscope, it is very different from the rest of the Lords work, what do you think? Good, bad, move in the wrong direction?

I was a little thrown when I first heard it, but it has grown on me exponentially over the past week now receiving much love from myself. :cowboy

I'm not sure if he should move any further in the direction he is taking though.

Lance
11th October 2009, 03:28 PM
I think artists should always take whatever direction they want to and go as far as they want without any regard to what anyone else thinks; if they try to conform to someone else preferences, then their art will have no passion in it anymore, and will lose whatever unique 'truth' or 'beauty' it might have had if it came from their own spirit. Maybe fewer people will like it, but if that happens, that's just the price that has to be paid to be true to yourself.

Koleax
11th October 2009, 08:59 PM
Sure, I'll listen to some Tiesto. I first heard him back in the Napster days, when he remixed BT's "Mercury and Solace" and "Dreaming." I did not think he improved on them, so I have not gone out of my way to listen to more, but I will not complain, if someone has him playing.

I had a listen to his YouTube channel re: Kaleidoscope. I'm not sure if it was the video or the cupcakes I just ate, but I feel a bit sickened.

abukii
12th October 2009, 01:34 PM
I like his music, but not too into him as an individual. Yes, I have a past with him. Ill have to check out his newer stuff.

djKyoto
12th October 2009, 01:50 PM
I'm more a Van Buuren fan. :D

YouAreFubar
16th October 2009, 09:21 AM
When it comes to Trance these days it just isnt what it used to be. Tiesto is good and I still rate him pretty high, but like djKyoto I much prefer the likes of Armin Van Buuren, or Above and Beyond can be pretty good as well. Their label Anjunabeats releases some awesome stuff.

Rapier Racer
16th October 2009, 01:56 PM
Lance, while there is a lot of truth in what you say, where do you draw the line? What I mean is could it be possible that the music was not created in the way you suggest and instead just produced in a commercial manor the only thoughts being money made and say, play time on the radio.

I like it a lot, but lets be honest Tiesto can do a lot better than this. If he releases another album even more commercial than this one I'm not sure I'd buy the old music from the heart bit.

Task
17th October 2009, 05:05 AM
A commercial manor?
That brings The Keg Mansion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Keg_Mansion.JPG) pretty much directly to mind!

Excellent restaurant, BTW.

Um, right, yeah, never heard of this Tiesto guy. Carry on!

AppleJack
17th October 2009, 06:03 AM
I like his music, and I have a couple of his albums (Elements of Life and Just Be).

I also like Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Paul Van Dyk among others.

Koleax
17th October 2009, 04:14 PM
Tiesto is going to be spinning literally a block away from me in a couple weeks. Sometimes that place drops off free tickets where I work, usually the day of the show, when they can't sell them. I'll let you know, if they drop off any Tiesto. ;)

There really isn't a club scene where I live, mostly a bar scene. Our city sets some kind of record for bars on every corner. I don't drink, so I should really move, but I don't know where. Wherever I go, hopefully they play electronic music on the radio, because they don't do that here either!

Paul Van Dyk was here a couple months ago on a Sunday night. It seemed like I was the only one who had ever heard of him. Couldn't score any free tickets, though, unfortunately.

Kyonshi
17th October 2009, 04:47 PM
Tiƫsto has gone much more mainstream and accessible, but he worked his ass off a lot to get the status he has now. Kudos to him, he's another one who showed to the world DJing isn't just about spinning vinyls or mixing tracks.

I like his earlier stuff - Flight 643, Lethal Industry, Suburban Train, etc. His "In Search Of Sunrise" is also a big must for any of his fans, he shows how good his track selection is. His work under Gouryella with Corsten is also great.

Nowadays in trance/progressive trance i listen mostly to Cor Fijneman, Nuclear Ramjet, George Acosta, Sandra Collins, Way Out West, Anthony Pappa.

Koleax
2nd November 2009, 03:45 AM
I just walked by the club where he's playing right now. Not very busy, but then it is a school night.

PVD was here on a Sunday night too. I'm starting to think all the jet lag makes Euro DJs think it's the previous day.

Or they just save the good nights for better locations than my neighborhood. :P

DJ Techno
6th November 2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah suburban train

loved it, liked it, danced my sweat n body off to it. When its played or is played by me n somebody else.

Ibiza sunrise

gotta have respect to him and all the dj's who bust ass spinning in the hottest place close to electronic dance heaven n heaven for people. Who want away from bull...

Live shows.
Ultra music festival down in miami, florida!
Hot! Excellent! If u want to pay the vip cost to get better. Pay the motha fuc...ing price up to $200 a person. Its the whole weekend event, parties, backstage etc
regular ticket half to less that lol

i love techno
good time he shows up, carl cox, sven vath, marco picano, n the list goes on.

Never been at the shows in his home country....

Don't speak the language n damn hard to get thru stuff. When i fully can't say something understanding n still packed together in a crowd of hundreds-thousands.