PDA

View Full Version : Atlus comes through again...Demons Souls = Phenomenal

TheFrostE
7th October 2009, 06:07 PM
check it out, read some reviews do whatever you can to convince yourself to buy this game. it truly is the RPG experience PS3 was waiting for. known for their super high difficulty RPGs such as "Revelations: the demon slayer"Atlus has pullled off an amazing game and im loving it. if your a hardcore RPG fan and want a really great challenge and innovative multiplayer features for a fresh new RPG feel, check out Demons Souls.

xEik
7th October 2009, 07:49 PM
Is it finally coming to Europe? Last thing I heard was that it was a US only release. I know PS3 games are region free but I'd like to avoid buying from the US. Buying anywhere from the EU would be ok though.

As Heaven Is Wide
8th October 2009, 09:11 AM
Currently waiting for this to arrive (importing the US deluxe edition from VG+). Can't come quick enough as far as I'm concerned, I haven't been this excited about a game for a while. :hyper

Unfortunately xEik it isn't coming to Europe yet and looks like it may never. If its import fees and such you're worried about Axelmusic are a European shop selling the US version and they post it from their offices here. (might be waiting a while though as its already out of stock apparently)

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/730865001330

blackwiggle
8th October 2009, 09:40 AM
This game is a total bastard.

FrostE might be able to wang it ,I was TOTALLY FFFFFFed with it.

I've got/had a reviewers copy,I since passed it on,it's as Kigo would say C U N T Y ,a horribly hard game.

A NO joy game IMHO

xEik
8th October 2009, 07:36 PM
I will probablly wait. I have lots of games to play in the backburner. If in the end they never bring it here, I might import it during the following year.

I currently have too many games I've paid for and yet have never inserted in their corresponding console. Having more spare cash than free time does this to you. :P

KIGO1987
10th October 2009, 08:47 PM
^^^^ xEik Lives!!!!

This game is a total bastard.

FrostE might be able to wang it ,I was TOTALLY FFFFFFed with it.

I've got/had a reviewers copy,I since passed it on,it's as Kigo would say C U N T Y ,a horribly hard game.

A NO joy game IMHO

LOL i use that word all to frequently, people around me have picked up my creative word. :g

Kyonshi
11th November 2009, 11:53 AM
Im totally maniacal about this game right now! I started playing and shortly after, i remembered this feeling i had when i played King's Field II... Or course it's also FromSoftware, but i didn't realized it in the first place.

I also love how this game is sooo reminiscent of AD&D! Pure, old school RPG stuff! I can now play a REAL cleric :D Spell list should be larger though, but otherwise, the game's features are pretty slick and sharp.

Of course, the difficulty level is unforgiving, but the moment you know how to fight and handle pretty much every enemies, the game becomes a thrilling challenge instead of a constant torture. And also, face it, when you're always under the pressure of survival instinct, this where the real fun begins.

Finally there's a game about real player skills and not having the best gear to win. Of course that would help, but you have to know how to fight when getting invaded :P Btw, the Black and Blue Phantom features are one of the most original variations of online play, im loving it (when there's not much lag of course).

Frances_Penfold
13th November 2009, 10:31 PM
I want to chime in and say that this game (Demon's Souls) is phenomenal.

Is it difficult? Yeah, especially if you are used to quickly plowing through games and relying heavily on game saves. If you play slow and thoughtfully, it is completely manageable. I would probably describe it as a combination of Legend of Zelda, Resident Evil 4, and Oblivion.

Much recommended :+

DrMannevond
22nd November 2009, 11:09 PM
Okay - the AD&D comment did it for me. I'm getting this game.:lol
And I don't even have to import it, I'm flying to the States tomorrow. :hyper

taqili
7th December 2009, 07:29 AM
I love this game as well, it and Borderlands are my picks for GOTY easily, although I haven't played Uncharted 2 yet. I don't see UC2 topping these though; as fine a game as it must be, it's not the genre that sees me putting in 100+ hours like I have for DS.

Also, I used to think Demon's Souls wasn't that hard, but that was before I let my friends here at home have a crack at it. I'm in NG+ right now and they can't seem to figure out that enemies are not there to hug ! :D

also, if anyone has extra pure darkmoonstone or pure bladestone, hook me up!

TheFrostE
12th December 2009, 02:28 PM
i might have the pure darkmoon stone ...although i do have the game platinumed so i could just give you my maxed out darkmoon weapon and you can get the trophy that way.

taqili
25th December 2009, 07:21 AM
hey man, I'll probably be able to get the pure darkmoonstone one since I realized I have 1 time left through the game (just started NG++ so I have 8 more chances at it) but that pure bladestone would be super helpful! what level are you, so I can try to adjust accordingly? I read that it's +- 20 levels after 100, I'm 13x right now.

DreamyElf
27th June 2010, 06:08 PM
i'm thinking about getting Demon's Souls now that it has finally came to Europe.
the only problem is the difficulty.
i mean i like hard games, i grew up with old-school games (atari,sega ms, snes, gameboy) but i don't know what to expect from this.
some say it's manageable and others say it's unbearable...:dizzy
can anyone that have played it or finished it compare it to Ninja Gaiden Σ2?
i mean i can handle NGΣ2 on mentor but not on master ninja, will i be able to finish Demons Souls? (i know ngs is more action oriented and has faster combat)

Hellfire_WZ
27th June 2010, 07:59 PM
Ninja Gaiden is a game that has wiped the floor with me at every turn, yet I'm having a great time with Demon's Souls. It certainly is a difficult game, but if you're careful in your approach it's definitely manageable.

xEik
27th June 2010, 11:39 PM
Aw, mine isn't scheduled to arrive until the 30th although it was dispatched the 24th. Amazon UK sure is cheaper than buying in Spain but the delay for getting them delivered sometimes kills me. :(

amplificated
28th June 2010, 02:47 AM
What's the combat like in this game? What would you compare it to?

I'm tossing around the idea of getting it, and while I don't mind hard games if they're rewarding, I don't like wasting my time fruitlessly over mundane tasks. I'm getting the feeling the game wouldn't be for me in the end, but alas, it still sounds interesting...

For the record, I thought I was alright at DMC/Bayonetta, but I couldn't get into Ninja Gaiden at all. Don't think D'sS has combat like them but you guys are mentioning NG, so whatever.

DreamyElf
28th June 2010, 08:30 AM
i've just ordered it :D
@Hellfire
thx for the info :+
@xEik
i know man...i also buy most of my games from uk and they usually arrive in 7-14 days! it is like waiting a present from santa! XD
@amplificated
the combat seems to be alot slower than NG so maybe you'll like it.
but be warned that the game has no save points!
you can check some videos on youtube or some reviews on gamespot or gametrailers for more info! :)

OBH
28th June 2010, 03:58 PM
Bought this yesterday, trading it in tomorrow.

I get what they're trying to do, the game has some cool features, but this really isnt for me. I find it terribly frustrating much more than fun.