PDA

View Full Version : Chain-mail PMs on PSN

yeldar2097
4th October 2009, 07:15 PM
I turned my PS3 on today and I had 11 new messages, 8 of which were all chain mails from randoms who i've never seen before -_-

What's with the recent chain-mail fad?

mdhay
4th October 2009, 07:33 PM
Why did a ton of kids leave Bebo and join Facebook? Nobody knows....:g

yeldar2097
4th October 2009, 07:39 PM
fb = pwn
less creepy mofos on fb too
damn chains really REALLY piss me off :bomb

KIGO1987
4th October 2009, 08:04 PM
If you are on my friends list, you probably received a message from me today, regarding about you know what, please forward the message on, like the people before me, lets not be screwed over, since we are loyal customers, who do not want shittiefied products.

Pass it on.

Plus change your PSN tag for the month, so the PSN Mods pick it up :P

yeldar2097
4th October 2009, 08:12 PM
PSN mods? They exist?
I feel violated...

KIGO1987
4th October 2009, 08:19 PM
They do. I was told about this only a few weeks ago.

PSN mods keeps an eye out for people who send abusive PMs and pictures to other PSN members.

I dont like having Mods reading my private messages either Yel :? Massive invasion of privacy

yeldar2097
4th October 2009, 08:42 PM
well how come wormwoodmoridin still exists? he's a lairy little customer (assuming you've ever been in front of him during a race (at which point he will quit and start flaming))

KIGO1987
4th October 2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah wormwoodmoridin, he has been in a couple of races with me, he left after i won two races, no trouble, he just left the room, this was a while ago, ive seen those videos that Pac made of him sending abusive. wormwoodmoridin probably wouldnt send me abusive PMs to me, after all you seen how i react when im pissed off massively :P

yeldar2097
4th October 2009, 09:04 PM
well i have 15-20 highly abusive messages from him and he's still online.
maybe he's a PSN mod so he gets special dispensation. either that or he's bribing them with sexual favours

infoxicated
4th October 2009, 09:10 PM
They do. I was told about this only a few weeks ago.

PSN mods keeps an eye out for people who send abusive PMs and pictures to other PSN members.

I dont like having Mods reading my private messages either Yel :? Massive invasion of privacy
Oh, I don't know - considering the spiteful messages I got sent on the PSN from one of Jasmin's lovers on here, I'd be glad if an actual mod had intercepted it, as I'm not the only one who uses my PS3 and it could have been my partner or daughter that saw them first.

KIGO1987
4th October 2009, 09:23 PM
I dont get many abusive PMs over the PSN, doesnt mean that ive never recieved any, i have before, some fuknut sent me this nasty message to me on one occasion, well it was two messages, it was last year, i sent something in return even more colourful than ever imagine, i even bookmarked the sent message i sent to the person, that was the last i heard from him, lol, he must of crapped his pants.

But ive been told a few times by a few people that there are mods on the Playstation Network. Maybe you have to send a message to SCEE or PSN HQ or something via the official website, to submit a message of complaint that you have been abused or something.

Playstation Network seems more like it is for every man for himself law and order.

But if you get a abusive PM, i wouldnt report it. Ill send something to the guy in return, so makes sure they'll never do it again:P

SaturnReturn
4th October 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm getting messages from people about some MW2 beta that we get if we forward the message on to 50 people on our friends list. Doesn't interest me to be honest, but even if it did I'd be skeptical that it's even real - seems like a typical chain mail, even though there's probably little point in chain mail on PSN.

Darkdrium777
4th October 2009, 10:02 PM
The correct behaviour is to report any breach of the code of conduct.
If you do get abusive messages, report the user sending them to you using this form (http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx). Be warned that false reports can get you in trouble however.

The violations that are prohibited include but are not limited to the following:

You may not engage in deceptive or misleading practices.
You may not abuse or harass others, including but not limited to stalking behavior.
You may not use offensive or vulgar language, images, or sounds in any communication or in the creation of any Online ID, public profile or other publicly viewable areas. This includes but is not limited to, speech that is racially, ethnically, or religiously offensive, libel and defamation, threats, bullying and stalking.
You may not organize hate groups or use or promote hate speech.
You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware in conjunction with PSN, or take or use any data from PSN to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware, including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices.
You may not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title, or content.
You may not cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to PSN for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage in a game.
You may not bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature.
You may not attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with PSN.
You may not provide anyone with your name or any other personally identifying information, or the name, password or personally identifying information of any other person or business through any means, including messaging, chat or any other form of PSN communication.
You may not send excessive communications that are disruptive (spamming) to the normal flow of chat or gameplay, or that are otherwise unsolicited.
You may not introduce content that is commercial in nature such as advertisements, solicitations, promotions and links to web sites.
You may not introduce content that will be harmful to SCEA, its licensor, or players such as any code or virus that may damage any property or interfere with the use of the property or PSN.
You may not access, use, or distribute any content or material that you know or should have known to be infringing or pirated.
You may not impersonate another player, an SCEA employee, or an employee of a third party publisher.
You may not provide SCEA or any third party company with false or inaccurate information, including reporting false complaints to SCEA Consumer Services or providing false or inaccurate information during account registration.
You may not engage in any activity to gain unauthorized access to or interfere with any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to the PSN.
You may not sell, buy, or trade your Online ID or any personal access to PSN through any means or method, including use of web auction sites.
You may not conduct any activities that violate any local, state or federal laws, including but not limited to, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, fraud, and the distribution of counterfeit software.

Aeroracer
4th October 2009, 10:38 PM
Oh, I don't know - considering the spiteful messages I got sent on the PSN from one of Jasmin's lovers on here, I'd be glad if an actual mod had intercepted it, as I'm not the only one who uses my PS3 and it could have been my partner or daughter that saw them first.

dont go writing things like that.no one sent you an abusive email on my behalf and i dont think anyone would have sent one without my knowledge either.If i have a issue i will deal with it myself.

if you did recieve an abusive email as you cliam i am sorry but it has nothing to do with me no more than the parking ticket i recieved last week had anything to do with you.:nod:nod

edit....i got 3 chain mails on saturday.i passed them on ...hope i dont get anymore:)

KIGO1987
4th October 2009, 10:48 PM
Parking tickets are bullshit.

The correct behaviour is to report any breach of the code of conduct.
If you do get abusive messages, report the user sending them to you using this form (http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx). Be warned that false reports can get you in trouble however.

Sh,it! I can get done by casually swearing at someone. Or by breathing oxygen, or blinking.

Lance
4th October 2009, 11:04 PM
dont go writing things like that.no one sent you an abusive email on my behalf and i dont think anyone would have sent one without my knowledge either.If i have a issue i will deal with it myself.

if you did recieve an abusive email as you cliam i am sorry but it has nothing to do with me no more than the parking ticket i recieved last week had anything to do with you.:nod:nod~~snip~~

Where in his message was it stated or implied that it was in any way your responsibility?

"no one sent you an abusive email on my behalf"

You don't know that. Messages can be sent on someone's "behalf" without their having been the instigator of the message.

Please try to be more accurate in your responses.

Aeroracer
4th October 2009, 11:20 PM
my responce was accurate thx..

i just dont like the way he says "jasmins lovers" which sounds to me that either that foxy is hinting that i...

1.asked someone to do it
2.knew who did it and it was on behalf of me
3.some did it for me and i didnt know about it..

so i said all of the above are wrong..

and any email he had was nothing to do with me or conected to me in any way..

Lance
4th October 2009, 11:30 PM
I don't think I want to reply further to such fuzziness.

IH8YOU
4th October 2009, 11:36 PM
I would scrap copy and paste in a heartbeat if given the option. I didn't get any chain messages until the "update".

It's like AOL all over again. :mad: In the age of the internet - out of millions - BILLIONS of chain mails - has ANYTHING ever once come of them? Halo will not grace PS3 from a chain mail, in-game ADs won't get canned if you forward to 20 friends, and no free anything will come your way if you pass it on.

You will, however, no longer be on my friends list - so I've contradicted myself. There is ONE thing you'll get from a chain-message. :+

Lance
4th October 2009, 11:42 PM
The only people who seem to get anything out of chain-mails are the people who started them. And knights who lived before plate armour was available.

abukii
5th October 2009, 10:44 AM
LoL...I KNOW!!! I get them occasionally. One was rather funny.
"If you pass this on...absolutely NOTHING will happen. I did it and it really works"
Of course it was more detailed (and graphic). I kept that one LoL.
I got another one about the CoD series. How MW2 was the last CoD on PS3 and going exclusive to the XBox360. I had folks on my FL in an uproar...of course it was all a fanboy ploy to stir up the PSN community.
Oh...and for the record, you will NEVER get a chain mail from me, EVAR. Maybe I'll send the one above, but Id put LoL in the subject line so you know its only a spoof. I never forward chain letters, as I loathe them.
Send 50 of these and youll get good luck...yea right:blarg

Darkdrium777
5th October 2009, 02:15 PM
I should have died five times already if any of those were true.

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 02:28 PM
All these Playstations exclusives getting taken by Skynet. ****ing disgrace tbh. Where's John and Sarah Conner when you need them :?

XBARNSTERX
6th October 2009, 11:23 AM
Send the message if you want to live :D

KIGO1987
6th October 2009, 11:51 AM
Done :D and Done :D

infoxicated
6th October 2009, 12:46 PM

if you did recieve an abusive email as you cliam i am sorry but it has nothing to do with me no more than the parking ticket i recieved last week had anything to do with you.:nod:nod
I did not say that you had anything to do with it - it's not your style.

I just know that I had never received abusive messages via the PSN until I had a heated debate with you on here a couple of months back. To me that means one of your many fans at the time lashed out at me, as the messages were linked to happenings on WipEoutZone.

So... don't take my reference to you as an indicator that I think you're at fault. I have a good idea of which coward it was, but I'll keep that to myself.

yeldar2097
6th October 2009, 01:05 PM
This is getting ridiculous. STOP SENDING ME JUNK MAIL YOU INCONSIDERATE TOSSERS!

I might have to start replying to them soon.

The same person (a random) has sent me 7 different chain-messages.
I'm very tempted to have words with him. Angry ones at that.

KIGO1987
6th October 2009, 01:15 PM
I wouldnt take that, 7 messages, **** me.

I sent one that came from Hemi here, and this other one from Luna, not sure if the content of the second message is legit.

djKyoto
6th October 2009, 02:02 PM
The next person to send me one of those 'Send to 20 people on your friends list, get $20 on your PSN account' messages is going to get a mouthful.

Why the f**k would Sony need to test something like this? It obviously works. You're not going to get $20 out of doing it.

KIGO1987
6th October 2009, 02:08 PM
I have no idea. But i wouldn't mind $20 extra bucks on the my PSN account. Buy some mini games for the PSP later would be great. But if i dont receive the extra $20 by the 1st of next month like was said in the message, then i will know these chain mails are bullshit:turd

Luxoflux
6th October 2009, 02:29 PM
Well, I also got all the mw2 related messages, and I did happen to send everyone a not so nice message back. I seriously cant believe how many people believe that there chain messages actually do something.
I dont see "Lost and the dammed" come to psn because everyone is sending chain mails.

And i was completly suprised when KIGO himself sends my chain mail. Of course I would like Mass effect on my ps3. But how is putting "fck xbox" in my comment box and sending the message to everyone in my friendslist gonna change anything :?

KIGO1987
6th October 2009, 02:42 PM
That was Hemicrania message, i thought it was good, so i decided it to forward it around, he has created some good avatars for Wipeoutzone, and he sent me a good message, i understand what he said, so i decided to send it around to see if his suggestion would work.

Darkdrium777
6th October 2009, 03:59 PM
Sony does not pay you 1$ per e-mail KIGO. You might as well stop. ;)

Luna
6th October 2009, 04:07 PM
I sent one that came from Hemi here, and this other one from Luna, not sure if the content of the second message is legit.

Im not sure neither.I got from DividedXZero and it is second time i got that kind of PMs.In anyway i don't find them harmful,this is first time i did that (only that second interesting one... lol) and im sorry if someone i send it today feel differently ( suppose to be fun not frustrating ).

KIGO1987
6th October 2009, 05:17 PM
Where the hell are the origins of this chain mailing **** anyway?

Sony does not pay you 1$ per e-mail KIGO. You might as well stop. ;)

Most likely. I should know that. But there is no harm in sending a few messages around to try it out. Only person who was pissed returned an email to me was Cowboy. Surprisingly he's the least likely man to reply to your messages, like when Blackwiggle was trying to organize the WWC.

Lance
6th October 2009, 05:27 PM
Probably started, or at least became frequent, in the overland mail in the mid-to-late 1800's in the U.S.A. as the use of the mail service became massively common, but when it started in other countries, I've no idea. It's usually been motivated by private individuals greed or by religious proselytisers, and sometimes by a combination of both in one person or small group.

ProblemSolver
6th October 2009, 06:19 PM
... I just know that I had never received abusive messages via the PSN until I had a heated debate with you on here a couple of months back. To me that means one of your many fans at the time lashed out at me, as the messages were linked to happenings on WipEoutZone. ...
Pretty strange that something like this is carrying over to PSN.

Lance
6th October 2009, 08:18 PM
Not strange at all, or at least to be expected, considering human nature.

mdhay
6th October 2009, 08:24 PM
...And how pathetic most 11/12 year old PSN users are.
Why did I have to be born in this generation? It's so embarassing. :rolleyes:

Aeroracer
6th October 2009, 11:31 PM
lol@mdhay...i bet all those dumb stupid imature 12/14 year olds you talk about are probally 30+ years old..but dont even pass for children:nod

brainbeat
7th October 2009, 01:40 AM
i think the majority of these damn chainmail are probably made from a 360 fanboy, i deleted a lad of my list only last week after he sent me like the 7th one after having a comment saying "dont chainmail" too lol.
Think he was trying to be clever and sent that one that said "send to 1000 and you wont get anything", but i had enough of it I deleted about 7 people in last 2 months, who would of thought copy and paste feature would become abused

Aeroracer
7th October 2009, 01:45 AM
this is an epidemic now..i never got any till last week now i got like 7 bits of worthless spam in my box..im gonna make some really naff state farm insurance messages stating how good their insurance is and send them back to the players who spammed me..see how they like it..:)

Motorsagmannen
7th October 2009, 02:08 AM
just for the record, anyone sending me a chain message from this day forward will be taken of my friendslist permanently.
and i agree that these sort of things only started to flourish after the copy/paste feature was added.

IH8YOU
7th October 2009, 02:50 AM
But - if I send 20 chain messages - you will get free animal cookies - arranged in order - by animal!

You would banish those who only wish to feed you? :eek

P.S. Still lawlz @ the Swedish money bit. :D

Darkdrium777
7th October 2009, 02:53 AM
HEY GUIZ IF I GET THE SAME MESSAGE FROM TWO PEOPLE, DOES IT MEAN I GET 40$ IF I SEND IT OUT TO FORTY PEOPLE?

Seriously guys, cut it off. KIGO and Danterich, I'm asking nicely.
The next idiot who sends one is blocked, PERMANENTLY, and reported to Sony for spam which is against the TOS I quoted earlier. I'm not kidding, and I don't care who it is.

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 03:21 AM
I got $40 from Sony, lately.

Darkdrium777
7th October 2009, 03:35 AM
On what occasion?

IH8YOU
7th October 2009, 03:38 AM
DD - that guy sucks at math - just ignore him about the $40.00. :g

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 06:01 AM
HEY GUIZ IF I GET THE SAME MESSAGE FROM TWO PEOPLE, DOES IT MEAN I GET 40$ IF I SEND IT OUT TO FORTY PEOPLE?

Seriously guys, cut it off. KIGO and Danterich, I'm asking nicely.
The next idiot who sends one is blocked, PERMANENTLY, and reported to Sony for spam which is against the TOS I quoted earlier. I'm not kidding, and I don't care who it is.

DD you sound like the kid in school who would go to the principle and dob on the other kid who put glue on the teachers seat.

I got $40 from Sony, lately.

I thought it was $20, not $40, like was suggested in the message.

First chain mail message i got, was for the MW2 beta trial or something, thats why im assuming these chain mail messages are legit.

infoxicated
7th October 2009, 09:18 AM
Darkdrium777 - identify who's doing it and I'll see to it that they're banned from here for good, too. :+

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 09:43 AM
... I thought it was $20, not $40, like was suggested in the message. ...
I've spread 40 message and got $40.

I've created 40 PSN accounts and have sent each one a spam mail. After that action
I got a $40 credit note from Sony on my main PSN account. I'm going to repeat that
until I'm a millionaire.

amplificated
7th October 2009, 09:56 AM
I got these messages from people who aren't even on my friends list, and I can't even remember playing any of them recently really either apart from Kigo, and that was weeks ago...

Chain mail ftl. I can't believe people still fall for them.

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 10:06 AM
I've spead 40 message and got $40.

I've created 40 PSN accounts and have sent each one a spam mail. After that action
I got a $40 credit note from Sony on my main PSN account. I'm going to repeat that
until I'm a millionaire.

I honestly can't tell when you Germans are being sarcastic or not.

But im going onto my console now to check it out if your full of **** or not PS.:P

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 10:45 AM
"I honestly can't tell when you Germans are being sarcastic or not." (http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fm3dog4381.gif)

brainbeat
7th October 2009, 11:22 AM
lol, anyways there was never a beta for cod 4 or mwarfare 1 on the ps3. was for the 360 though and itll be the same again, im a beta tester and there will defo not be a prob one best u will get is a mp demo but highely unlikely. they dont harrass there customers to get beta testers, they get people to apply, plus mw2 is the same engine as other two so all the groundworks done

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 11:52 AM
"I honestly can't tell when you Germans are being sarcastic or not." (http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fm3dog4381.gif)

You bastard

yeldar2097
7th October 2009, 11:55 AM
Question: How the bloody hell do all these random firls know my PSN?? I've never see any of them before...

Todays update: 14 new messages, 12 of which are spam -_-

Not a happy bunny over here. ^_^ --> >_<

Rapier Racer
7th October 2009, 12:14 PM
Interesting, I've only had 2 and whats more both from the same person on my friends list. No doubt it's only a matter of time, gives me a chance to decided on the correct response.

KGB
7th October 2009, 01:15 PM
Shouldn't of said that Rapier, I have about 15 waiting to go somewhere :)

Got the first off Blackwiggle and I sent it on to a few members on here, I'll apologize for that now, but it was the only one, It got very boring very quickly. I'm just getting them off members here, so perhaps we should stop sending the stupid things.

yeldar2097
7th October 2009, 01:33 PM
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE RANDOMS?!?! HOW DID THEY FIND ME???
I don't feel safe in my own home... :P

Aeroracer
7th October 2009, 02:00 PM
maybe they were players off the players met list..or simply just weidos who see you on leaderboards:nod

yeldar2097
7th October 2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah i suppose. I haven't played online for a few days but i'm still getting messages from randoms so I don't think it's players met.
Would be interesting to check their trophies to see if indeed they have WOHD, that way I could see whether or not it is just them being mateless and scouring the boards for victims.
I'm coming over all Sherlock Holmes. Reminds me of the last episode of Peep Show :g

mdhay
7th October 2009, 03:06 PM

Wait, what?

Rapier Racer
7th October 2009, 03:29 PM
Shouldn't of said that Rapier, I have about 15 waiting to go somewhere :)

lol :P

I've got an Assegai with a plasma waiting to go somewhere...

yeldar2097
7th October 2009, 03:38 PM
I've got a very long, very sharp knife wanting to gouge out the eyes of any tosser who sends me junk mail that wants to go somewhere....

I'm having to restrain it for the time being, could get out of hand rather quickly ;)

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 03:53 PM
Ive got one better,

Im going to the dunny to do a crap.

BRB in 10 :D

mdhay
7th October 2009, 04:01 PM
This was Soooo going to happen.:g :turd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxrZMdzoXS4)

Speaking of :turd's, I wonder how many spam mail messages I'll have by Friday.:?:

Darkdrium777
7th October 2009, 04:06 PM
Darkdrium777 - identify who's doing it and I'll see to it that they're banned from here for good, too. :+No. While I don't condone the fact that people send me spam mail and will likely tell them here as well as on PSN if I know them, it has nothing to do with the rules here and I don't want to be a snitch.

DD you sound like the kid in school who would go to the principle and dob on the other kid who put glue on the teachers seat.I'll tell you what I sound like: the guy who is absolutely sick of the spam mail he gets on his hotmail account and wishes for it to be limited to only there.
If the only way to prevent spam on the PSN is to block this person from contacting me and contacting others eventually, is to add them to my block list and report them to Sony, so be it.
For the record, I have not reported anyone yet.
But you have been warned.
Specially after the many services and help I've given you KIGO.

abukii
7th October 2009, 04:13 PM
LoL...I actually got one last night from a well know Killzoner. Pissed me right off. It was in direct connection with something 'about' sony. I messaged him back (mind you, Im friends with this person) and in a drunken rage [induced] I told him off in so many words, exclaiming I was a developer [of games], and his nonsense messages meant nothing to me.
My exact response(s) then after were, and I quote:
"..........."

Chain mails on the PSN are just dumb. This is why I ordinarily wont friend anyone under 18...

mdhay
7th October 2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks for proving my point there, abukii. :+

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 04:39 PM
No. While I don't condone the fact that people send me spam mail and will likely tell them here as well as on PSN if I know them, it has nothing to do with the rules here and I don't want to be a snitch.

Getting banned here on wz, for sending two chain mails is probably the most ****ing retarded thing ive ever heard of.

Its like i cannot drive in Europe since i got a speeding infringement here in Australia. No connection with each other, they are both mutually exclusive. I find it most bizarre thing to get banned over here.

DD can say OBH sent him chain mail to Rob. Then Rob bans him here for something he did on the PSN, WTF ??!!????

I'll tell you what I sound like: the guy who is absolutely sick of the spam mail he gets on his hotmail account and wishes for it to be limited to only there.
If the only way to prevent spam on the PSN is to block this person from contacting me and contacting others eventually, is to add them to my block list and report them to Sony, so be it.
For the record, I have not reported anyone yet.
But you have been warned.
Specially after the many services and help I've given you KIGO.

I never send chain mails over hotmail or email in my life, one cause my net wouldn't handle that much bandwidth required, two its too much effort for no beneficial outcome, three it ****s other people off like friends and family.

I saw this promotional thing on the PSN, like beta trials and promotion stuff once in a while, so i send them around. Ive received 8 chain mails so far. I dont give a flying **** tbh, i quick scan then, then delete them, since i usually have 10 or so messages on my PSN account everytime that i log in from friends here and other people, so im going to sift through them anyway, so im not fussed. Im not to type of person who is going to run and cry to the authorities on the PSN for a few random chain mail messages. Even abusive messages, authorities are ****ing useless anyway, the best way to solve a problem is yourself, and quick smart, not to rely on an authority figure.

Anyway all is good. You send me chain mail stuff to my account i dont give a flying **** tbh, ill delete them, maybe if you send me more than five then i might have to return the favour.

All this **** has originated from the ability to copy and post message content on the PSN now in the last update. Not much good has come from it. Maybe the next PSN update will remove this feature. Or maybe not.

yeldar2097
7th October 2009, 05:48 PM
Fair points. I don't usually care about chain-messages but when 95% of my incoming messages are spam it gets a bit tiresome.

My hotmail account has a 'Junk' folder too. Probs not practical on PSN but these messages are really starting to fahook me off :bomb

:g

Lance
7th October 2009, 06:34 PM
just for the record, anyone sending me a chain message from this day forward will be taken of my friendslist permanently.~snip~

plus 100 on that one, sir. :)

~snip~ I don't feel safe in my own home... :P

No one is truly safe in their own home, not when there are little teenage thugs with AK47s who don't even know which house their thug enemies live in. They accidentally shot up the wrong house in my neighborhood.

----

But anyway, IMO, chain-messages are a disservice to everyone they're sent to. The practice should be exterminated.

infoxicated
7th October 2009, 06:37 PM
And there we go - a useful feature might get removed because of ****ing idiots.

Kind of like the reputation feature we used to have on this forum, eh Kigo?

Lance
7th October 2009, 06:40 PM
~snip~Its like i cannot drive in Europe since i got a speeding infringement here in Australia. No connection with each other, they are both mutually exclusive.~snip~

They are not mutually exclusive because what you did driving in Australia is a clear indicator of what you would do driving in Europe. You are still you in both places.

OBH
7th October 2009, 06:52 PM
first time my ps3 was online in ages today.

i thought "excellent! 12 people want to talk to you!"

What a load of turd that turned out to be.

Aeroracer
7th October 2009, 06:55 PM
i see no reason in scrapping the copy paste function on ps3 at present..

i do personaly hate chain mails but as i see it they are sent out by other members..so if i feel annoyed i can either email them back and send them some spam rubbish or maybe insult them or simply block them or drop them..its all fair play..and quite satifying to give someone a piee of your mind..

but on the other hand....

i would only consider scraping this function as nessasary if it was being abused by sony where we cannot do anything about it..then it becomes useless as we have no power to do anything about it kinda like an opressive thing..:nod

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 07:25 PM
@foxi: KIGO sent me 13 spam mails today. :( Can you ban him from WOZ?

xD

Lance
7th October 2009, 07:32 PM
Can we also ban people who make you unnecessarily scroll down the page several screens worth [slight exaggeration] just to get to the next post?

I wonder if we can tell if Lance is being sarcastic or not. Does sarcasm even exist in Lance's soul? Does he even hAve a soul? I think not.

ACE-FLO
7th October 2009, 07:43 PM
I detect no sarcasm and being banned is NOT FUNNY :?

Lance
7th October 2009, 07:49 PM
Well, you should have. :D I must be tOO good at it. Dammit.

But I wasn't kidding about the not thinking I have a soul part. :D

Rapier Racer
7th October 2009, 07:49 PM
This is turning into one of those threads isn't it?

I bet the majority of PSN users will not use the copy and paste feature. Therefore remove it no great loss to anyone really, is it?

Keep in mind that while a nice message of abuse sent to the lovely person responsible for your chain mail may sound like a most excellent way to vent frustration, the little pricks will probably end up reporting you to Sony.

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 07:51 PM
Screw them, send them a creative messages anyway.

Aeroracer
7th October 2009, 07:52 PM
@Ps...i dont understand...why did you put big empty gap in post..what does it mean?..or was it a mistake...

@rapier..your probally right you would be reported..i guess the key is too ensure the reply isnt too over the top..i would personall make a state farm insurance chain mail and send it back to them..if that does not get the message across about spam is crap then just block them and mkae them vansih.:)

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 07:54 PM
Germans are odd. I have a German mate, ive know him since 2006. Still confuses the **** outta me.

Aeroracer
7th October 2009, 07:58 PM
germans like to put towels on subeds and reserve them ..thats what i heard anyway:p

Lance
7th October 2009, 07:59 PM
Re: post 85: }thinks about biting tongue [typing fingers], but doesn't, just makes near superhuman effort to restrain it by will alone{

ACE-FLO
7th October 2009, 08:00 PM
Jasmin - what? like hit the RETURN key 20 times? :D big mistake :D ok - hands up all of you who thought PS wrote something in white font, and you checked :D (I didn't ;))

Lance - you're legend... :D

Lance
7th October 2009, 08:03 PM
PS's computer may just be veryveryveryveryveryveryvery faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaast.

KIGO1987
7th October 2009, 08:04 PM
Post 87. What was originally spose to be said in it?:P

ACE-FLO
7th October 2009, 08:13 PM
Well, the post hasn't been edited, so I guess it's still in its' original state :D

mdhay
7th October 2009, 08:22 PM
@Ace, PS's post has no hidden text.

Aeroracer
7th October 2009, 08:23 PM
hahaah.i just got a chain mail of someone i never met...
Mmmm time to reply with my home made state farm insurance add stating all the fantastic benifts of insurance..:)

@ace..would of been cool if their was some secret message hidden in PS post..kinda like the davinci code or something:p

OBH
7th October 2009, 08:58 PM
I might just send around my own chain-message and see how many replies i get.

"Hello! I am a Nigerian general with $1,000,000 to put in your bank account" :g

*said in thick african accent*

"All i need is your bank account details!"

:beer

Darkdrium777
7th October 2009, 09:03 PM
:beeryes Yes YES (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTFauI8INY)! :+

Dooo iiiitttttt! :lol

mdhay
7th October 2009, 09:18 PM
I can do that voice! lol

OBH
7th October 2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.plumanimation.com/images/george_agdgdgwngo.gif

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 11:10 PM
... @ace..would of been cool if their was some secret message hidden in PS post..kinda like the davinci code or something:p
There is a hidden text saying; It's a big fukkin joke. I used citric acid to write the text. :D

Lance
7th October 2009, 11:43 PM
Dammit! }cleans his screen with the recommended pure water{

IH8YOU
8th October 2009, 02:42 AM
That wasn't citric acid.... was it, Lance? :blarg

Lance
8th October 2009, 07:58 AM
Probably not, but it may have been some white substance that becomes pretty much transparent when dry. ;)

blackwiggle
8th October 2009, 08:03 AM
How the whole PSN spam crap started.

I got this crap as well,and yes I fell for it and passed it on,I thought we were immune to it,it seems not.

It started from the idiot marketing people of the upcoming game called MAG.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/mag/9182

Apparently what these fools did was to ask people to log into their website [or answer /reply to a legit email from them] to get a beta code to trial the game.

I've received beta trial codes from email's and PSN messages before and have never had a problem.

The problem was two fold.
1]The beta codes promised were not delivered to all that received confirmation emails saying they will get one.
2] The online Beta trial was suspended due to technical difficulties with the server.

This was NOT mentioned on any site at the time ,UNLESS you happened to go to access the Playstation blog site via your PS3 via the "What's New" function.
I don't use the bloody thing and I suspect nobody else does either considering the mayhem that followed.

A further MASS PSN message was sent to those saying to disregard the previous message they had received [This only happened in the USA] and that a new code would be sent,and that they could ,if passing on a message receive a further code for a friend.

This message was obviously bastardized and mangled by some halfwit ,not knowing about the copy/paste message function now available since update 3.00 or some malicious fool who like chaos as an observational sport [Judging by the rewording of the original message it seems there is more than one that enjoys this sport]

I have at least 10 Playstation BETA trial members on my friends list,all I have contacted have confirmed the above to one extent to another so the jigsaw puzzle of how this mess started has come to light.

Stuffed if I'm going to by MAG.

mdhay
8th October 2009, 03:05 PM
Probably not, but it may have been some white substance that becomes pretty much transparent when dry. ;)

:o:o:o

KIGO1987
11th October 2009, 09:44 AM
Just got this message then on the PSN, looks like a chain message, this is what it said,

# IMPORTANT MESSAGE #

# Playstation has made it officel (guy can't spell for ****) they will be making psn users pay for online play. This will start on the 1-12-09. A message has been sent to Playstation and they said if they see a protest message (this message) sent 500,000 times by the date they will keep the psn free. So please send this to all and i MEAN ALL !!! your friends because no one wants to pay for online play. This is the only way to keep the psn free so please send it to your friends, Remember to put the subject down as IMPORTANT PROTEST. Thanks #

mic-dk
11th October 2009, 10:06 AM
LOL, this is getting stupid.

I feel lucky that I only got smart people on my PSN friendlist.

Darkdrium777
11th October 2009, 04:27 PM
Oh wow. Dude seriously, just delete them. Nothing will ever come out of these chain mails.

Woopzilla
11th October 2009, 05:51 PM
'Playstation' has made it official? :blarg

While I've not been getting these chain-mails (hey, isn't a type of armor? :P), I've been instead getting random PM's asking me to join certain ps3 trophy websites and list the messenger as the 'referrer'. Bleh... hopefully PSN isn't going the way of e-mails with soon-to-be-needed Junk folders and all. :rolleyes:

Lance
11th October 2009, 06:50 PM
Ah, yes, armour; mm.. where have I seen that pun before.... ah, here on page one: http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152484&postcount=20

:g

IH8YOU
11th October 2009, 09:40 PM
I've been lucky.... thusfar.

Hey - to all you who do not send chain messages - in related news - I've recently made some space on my friends list.

Anyone want in? :nod ;)

Koleax
11th October 2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah, why not send me one? Anyone from here can send me one. Well, almost.

I've received some chain mails, too, from people messaging me about bling brigade. :/

blackwiggle
11th October 2009, 10:47 PM
If this keeps up I can see one of the system updates where copy & Paste of messages is removed.
It would be a pity as it can be useful

IH8YOU
12th October 2009, 01:07 AM
Koelax - my favorite "spam-ish" message as of late is:

"Hey - you got all the trophies - which one are the hardest to get?"

At first - I would answer that question - but after the same Q over and over, and the fact anyone on PSN also has internet access - it's just them being lazy.

So now - when I'm asked what trophies are the hardest to get - I tell them "The Gold Ones..." :+

Aeroracer
12th October 2009, 01:08 AM
next system update should just remove the naff players who abuse it..everyone would be happy then..:nod :)

Koleax
12th October 2009, 04:44 AM
Another one when I logged on today, this time from someone I played against. Not a friend or anyone from here. I've been replying with, "don't send me n e more chain mails," a straightforward missive in a language they can understand.

He sent back, "I just passed it along."

And I said, "yes you did... stop that."

Even if it's just one person telling them no, it causes them to use their brains and not be a passive observer as they uncontrollably send it to everyone. Hopefully, they'll think it too much of a bother and just not send it to anyone.

lovedr
14th October 2009, 08:46 PM
can i profusely apologise to anyone on here that i have inadvertantly forwarded one (and just the one) of these spam $20 messages to in the last few days i sincerely believed it to have been genuine information taking it at face value (perhaps i'm just too gullible or slightly autistic!) - i hope i'd didn't cause too much offence to said people.

and thanks for the replies pointing me to this topic on the forum, just wish i was aware of it prior to upsetting a few of the regulars on here - is it worth mailing making this a sticky (i was going to suggest informing all members of the issue - but surely that's some form of double-spam??)

i shall never pay attention (or forward) mails like this again.

*hangs head in shame*

abukii
17th October 2009, 05:45 PM
Hey man, thumbs up for comin clean:+:+

Optionally, we could just report the messages we receive on this thread, like, "MW2 Message is in circulation..." And when we read this thread, we'll know its spam and we wont [further] forward them to others. But I have no gripe, what so ever if you thought any of it was genuine. We were all "fooled" before on the PSN, mate:pirate

infoxicated
19th October 2009, 08:37 AM
*hangs head in shame*
I'm sorry for pouncing on you too, mate - it was a knee jerk reaction when I saw the spam, thinking "this is the start of it", which is why I fired you a message saying I'd block you if you sent any more.

Having thought about it, I'd like the to be able to block people from sending me messages unless they are on my friends list, anyway. That's what I do with Yahoo! Messenger, and it prevents me from getting untold levels of spam.

lovedr
12th November 2009, 07:47 PM
no probs infoxicated - i can understand as you'd received a few mails like that already.

enough time has now passed, i've now taken the dunce hat off moved away from standing in the corner lol.