PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch football/soccer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

OBH
1st October 2009, 02:22 PM
I've restrained myself for an entire year from making a football post here, but can contain myself no longer! :g My beloved Spurs are taring it up so bad this year i just cant stop yapping on about it! haha

lets hear who some of you guys support, i could do with a giggle :)

yeldar2097
1st October 2009, 02:24 PM
Man U - I was born in Manchester
RBC - They got relegated from the Eredivisie but my uncle used to play for them - they suck :g

We need some classic chants going on in this thread, I love a good chant :P

mdhay
1st October 2009, 03:10 PM
I support the Catholic side of the Old Firm.;)

OBH
1st October 2009, 03:26 PM
Good man :) Pity Nakamuras gone. His free kick against united lead to much beer spilt over myself :beer

KGB
1st October 2009, 03:42 PM
Outside the Shankly Gates ,
I heard a Kopite calling,
Shankly they have taken you away ,
But you left a great eleven,
Before you went to heaven ,
Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

All round the Fields of Anfield Road,
Where once we watched the King Kenny play,
We had Heighway on the wing,
We had dreams and songs to sing ,
Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

Outside the Paisley Gates,
Paisley they have taken you away,
You led the great 11,
Back in Rome in 77,
And the redmen they are still playing the same way.

We had Heighway on the wing ,
We had dreams and songs to sing,

:D

Lance
1st October 2009, 03:50 PM
Well, I can't top that, but then I don't generally watch soccer/international football, nor American football either. I do watch Aussie rules football, the AFL premier league. I admit to a fondness for Manchester U, but I just have very little opportunity to see soccer. And anyway, I like Aussie rules best. :D

mdhay
1st October 2009, 03:50 PM
Good man :) Pity Nakamuras gone. His free kick against united lead to much beer spilt over myself :beer

I know, looking forward to the match tonight though. I must admit, being a Celtic fan has brought me many a good day at primary school when they thrashed Blackburn Rovers home and away. XD

yeldar2097
1st October 2009, 03:53 PM
Outside the Shankly Gates ,
Shankly they have taken you away ,
But you left a great eleven,
Before you went to heaven ,
Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.
We had Heighway on the wing ,
We had dreams and songs to sing,

In your Liverpool slums,
You look in the dustbin for something to eat,
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat,
In your Liverpool slums

In your Liverpool slums,
You **** on the carpet, you piss in the bath,
You finger your grandma, and think its a laugh,
In your Liverpool slums.

In your Liverpool slums,
You speak in an accent exceedingly rare,
You wear a pink tracksuit and have curly hair,
In your Liverpool slums.

In your Liverpool slums,
Your mum's on the game and your dad's in the nick,
You can't get a job 'cos you're too ****ing thick,
In your Liverpool slums.

In your Liverpool slums,
You used to sing "Munich" but not anymore,
Since ninety-six scousers lay dead on the floor,
In your Liverpool slums.

To the tune of "In Your Liverpool Home"
:g

stin
1st October 2009, 04:00 PM
I`m not telling who I`m support but I do watch fitba odd time and yes I do watch Scotland most of the times!

I will take a picture soon for you to see ;)

stevie:)

Amorbis
1st October 2009, 04:01 PM
I don't avidly follow football, but I do support a team. I've been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember, after all my Dad's side of the family are from Liverpool.

Nothing else I can say over KGB's post, pretty much sums it up :D.

Hellfire_WZ
1st October 2009, 04:12 PM
West Ham, currently in my 16th year as a season ticket holder.

Been to it all in that period. My first season was when we stopped Man United from winning the title back in 1995. I was also lucky enough to see Di Canio score that goal against Wimbledon :) Then relegation in 2003, losing the play-off in 2004, winning it in 2005, FA Cup Final in 2006, and now we're playing like arse again.

I've also been to 49 of the 92 football league grounds in the country. Number 50 comes in March at Burnley :)

mdhay
1st October 2009, 04:54 PM
In your Liverpool slums,
~~snip~~

Lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololol.:g

OBH
1st October 2009, 05:00 PM
Great chants! haha!
i only know some, umm... potentially offensive chants :) mainly about berbatov hehe.

I know, looking forward to the match tonight though. I must admit, being a Celtic fan has brought me many a good day at primary school when they thrashed Blackburn Rovers home and away. XD

i have a lot of time for blackburn, that was difficult! :)

mdhay
1st October 2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, about one other person other than me supports Celtic in my primary at the time. Dozens of pissed off children that had a strop, and I gave then two fingers.:lol

Hellfire_WZ
1st October 2009, 05:32 PM
I've got a photo diary of my away days from the past few seasons, aiming to match my ground attendance over the next few years with any luck

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2079239&id=202902652&l=a070d6ff0a

mdhay
1st October 2009, 05:34 PM
You've been to Blackburn? Nice.

KGB
1st October 2009, 06:58 PM
In your Liverpool...blah blah blah

Typical Man U fan, bringing it down to their level.

Yer mum's yer dad,
Yer dad's yer mum,
Yer interbred,
You Man U scum. :nod

mdhay
1st October 2009, 07:09 PM
Celtic are losing already...:(

yeldar2097
1st October 2009, 07:25 PM
Yer mum's yer dad,
Yer dad's yer mum,
Yer interbred,
You Man U scum. :nod

Teehee, love it! :D

Luxoflux
1st October 2009, 07:30 PM
Big supporter of AJAX. :) Ther playing a match right now against anderlecht. Watch n Learn :g

stin
1st October 2009, 08:14 PM
http://cid-abbbe002add06a0b.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Football%20shirts/DSC02069.JPG

Charlie, nice pictures you have!:eek

Here`s mine;) First one I got a gift from Arnaud;) and secondly I won a raffle from golf club.

Lance
1st October 2009, 08:37 PM
....and I gave then two fingers.:lol

You Brits are so generous, Americans only give them one!

mdhay
1st October 2009, 09:01 PM
Something to do with the exchange rate, apparently.;)

xEik
1st October 2009, 09:02 PM
You all know FC Barcelona kicks everyone's ass. ;)

mdhay
1st October 2009, 09:16 PM
They kick their own ass.:g

Hellfire_WZ
1st October 2009, 09:17 PM
You all know FC Barcelona kicks everyone's ass. ;)

Heard of the Barcelona Hammers? We occasionally have them at Upton Park. The were also behind the goal a few years ago at Stamford Bridge when Barcelona played Chelsea, they were flying a West Ham flag when Barca scored :)

http://www.barcelonahammerassociation.com/

yeldar2097
1st October 2009, 09:18 PM
I like to watch their football but I don't like the team.

Barcelona is a wonderful city though...mmmmmmm *drools*

xEik
1st October 2009, 09:41 PM
What is there not to like about a team that, instead of having internet gambling ads on their T-shirts, displays the UNICEF logo for free? :P

OBH
2nd October 2009, 12:21 AM
Why did Barca buy Ibrahimovic? He's the most over rated player ever in my opinion :)

Big supporter of AJAX. :)

Marco van Basten is the best striker ever :D if it was in the box, it ended in the goal.

You've been to Blackburn? Nice.

My first ever football match was at blackburn and saw Matt Le Tissiers 1994 goal of the season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn3OtbMmaC4&feature=PlayList&p=EFA8118DF7CF72DF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=42) :) Favourite player ever since.

mic-dk
2nd October 2009, 08:08 AM
I can't be bothered with club football. Unless work buys me tickets and beer. Lots of beer.

But I am sooooo looking forward to Denmark-Sweden in the WC qualifiers - it's going to be epic! I suspect it could put relations in Team Nordic on ice for a few days :D

KGB
2nd October 2009, 08:55 AM
The first game I went to see was in 1983! It was Bob Paisleys last game in charge at Anfield. Didn't realize it at the time but it was a sad moment for the club. 1-1 against Aston Villa.

The best game I have ever seen was Newcastle V Barcelona in the 97 Champions league. Tino Asprilla scored a hatrick and the Toon army was going absolutely nuts. Nice to be surrounded by boozed up half naked geordies for 90 mins, but I have never been to a better atmosphere. Final score 3-2. *Toon! Toon! Black and white army*

The latest game I went to see was Tranmere V Charlton a couple of weeks ago. The Tranmere fans were shouting 'sack the manager' before they had even kicked off. Poor Barnsey!! They were ****. Left at half time to go to the pub instead. Don't know what the score was in the end.

Now I do, You can see some of my mates near the red building in the bottom left corner about 5 rows up, They stuck it out to the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuwhwZrqwLc

Amorbis
2nd October 2009, 04:34 PM
I agree with mic-dk, I like to watch international football. I follow England through the World Cup, or Euro Cup until they inevitably crash and burn :P.

Although I hope Fabio's Italian influence will take them a bit further next year, so long as a certain Brazilian doesn't 'hurt' his face or any Portuguese shenanigans. I don't anything against those countries, I'm sure most of you are nice people :).

And if England do drop out early it's always fun to support the underdog teams.

ACE-FLO
2nd October 2009, 05:15 PM
Liverpool fan... (Yeldy - you are a dead man!!! :D)

But there are a few things we reds can't live down, I'll admit that. Like the Anfield Rap lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy3gwwxat4

or the new Anfield Rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXksm50NhmI - Ryan Babel - somebody shoot him please...:D:D:D

But on a lighter note- Our man, Fernando Torres scored a helluva hatrick recently for us :rock on

JJPAP
2nd October 2009, 05:23 PM
I suspect it could put relations in Team Nordic on ice for a few days :D
Yeah, like last time Sweden visited the danish national stadium! Hillarious to watch Soccermums entering the field with a raised fist, thereby giving the sweet swedes the win :D

Well, Club Football: YNWA!

KGB
2nd October 2009, 05:39 PM
Ryan Babel - somebody shoot him please...:D:D:D

Make sure he's dead as well. :D

mic-dk
2nd October 2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah, like last time Sweden visited the danish national stadium! Hillarious to watch Soccermums entering the field with a raised fist, thereby giving the sweet swedes the win :D

Ha! That wanker was wearing way to much clothes to be Soccermums. I would pay money to see a nekkid Soc go say hi to Zlatan :D Preferably just before gametime, so we don't lose another...

ACE-FLO
2nd October 2009, 08:14 PM
Make sure he's dead as well. :D
A friend of mine called David Hurley - has been named the White Ryan Babel - Seriously, my buddy Dave is a spitting image of Babel, the only difference is his skin tone. So if I kill him, does that count? :D

yeldar2097
2nd October 2009, 11:53 PM
bu-bu-but he's dutch :(

poor babel never had a chance...

OBH
3rd October 2009, 12:01 AM
hes fantastic as dribbling, just cant do anything else :)

ACE-FLO
3rd October 2009, 12:33 AM
Babel, Hope he dribbles, trips over his laces, falls chest first onto the ball, bounces off the ball, and into the crowd, getting lynched by the opposing fans... hmmm ... this is some good schit I'm schmoking! really, my synapse response is off the hook! :g :blarg :rock

mdhay
3rd October 2009, 11:23 AM
beddicnamekyehsehwhit.:g

OBH
4th October 2009, 05:32 PM
the dirty arsenal won 6-2. how did they do that? :)

OBH
5th October 2009, 03:58 PM
i went against my religion, and bought fifa this year over pro evo :) if anyone fancies a match let me know!

JJohnEames
5th October 2009, 04:08 PM
I did the exact same! Bought fifa over my beloved pro. I gotta get used to it a little first before i start giving games :+

lunar
5th October 2009, 04:21 PM
We did FIFA 09 in our house instead of PES09, but we are probably changing back to PES this year. My son and I decided that Fifa while it has a lot going for it just feels less fun than PES, that in FIFA players don`t have as much individuality and they all feel the same, and that the ball doesn`t have the right weight either. Nothing funny happens in FIFA, it`s all too corporate and serious and feels a bit lacking in character on the pitch. So I hope you guys change your minds and pick up PES when it`s out. :)

the dirty arsenal won 6-2. how did they do that? :)

It was very disapointing to see the Arsenal get back into the match (with the help of the referee), but it felt inevitable. My son supports Spurs and I have always liked them too.

I support Wolves - it`s not easy but I was born with it. We are having an unlucky season so far and though we play well at times we are failing to finish the job in too many matches, and I would be more than happy with 17th at the end of it all.

KGB
23rd October 2009, 11:28 AM
If Liverpool don't win this weekend, I think we may be getting a new manager. We need a star performance from Babel and co. :D

KGB
25th October 2009, 04:03 PM
Get in! :)

OBH
25th October 2009, 06:10 PM
great result for the scousers :g

arsenal just threw away a 2-0 lead against west ham, i was gutted after spurs losing to stoke, though thank god the arse bodged it too :beer

Tomahawk
26th October 2009, 09:01 AM
I just stumbled over this thread. I'm a big supporter of my hometown's team 1. FC Nuernberg. Read here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3906) how they managed to win the german football cup 2007.

My most favourite team from england is Liverpool. There's still tears welling up in my eyes when I remeber that legendary champions league final against AC Milan in 2005 when they managed to score 3 goals in the second half and won the championship in the penalty shootout. :nod

lunar
27th October 2009, 09:18 AM
Yep, I was proud of the scousers on that amazing night. I think Benitez is an under-appreciated manager and achieves a lot on the resources he has available. If it was any other club but Liverpool, where history makes people expect so much, he would be a real national hero, imo.

OBH
27th October 2009, 10:50 AM
played both fifa and pro evo now, and to be honest, i think they both suck this year.

strange what might swing it for me are fifas celebrations!! but the face you can potentially start a game with 10 players is utterly stupid.

on better news its spurs vs arsenal this weekend! :g hopefully im 20 quid better off! :beer

KGB
27th October 2009, 11:05 AM
Yep, I was proud of the scousers on that amazing night. I think Benitez is an under-appreciated manager and achieves a lot on the resources he has available. If it was any other club but Liverpool, where history makes people expect so much, he would be a real national hero, imo.

Not really sure about him anymore Lunar, He has done well in the Champions league and last season was his best in the Premiership, but selling Alonso was a big mistake that they haven't solved and I wish he showed a bit more passion for the team when they score. I know he is a cool and calm manager at the best of times, I just wish he had danced around a bit in front of Fergie on Sunday, rubbed it in a bit you know. Personally I think José Mourinho will come to Anfield at some point and if he doesn't go there he will go to United.

OBH
27th October 2009, 11:29 AM
benitez is a nutcase. every now and again he throws something in the mix thats just plain dumb.... mainly playing strikers as wingers *cough* robbie keane *cough*. i think hes a good manager, but i cant help but picture his back room staff having a torterous time trying to convince him out of stupid ideas :beer like goalkeeps are designed to score goals, or torres would be better served as a cheerleader :g

ACE-FLO
27th October 2009, 11:40 AM
Your probably right there Obh, but I'm still overjoyed at the 2-0 result against Man U! About bloody time! :D

lunar
27th October 2009, 12:10 PM
@OBH, I`m loving PES this year. I really think FIFA is boring, and hate the way you can`t save replays properly and the way all teams are the same. It feels on rails. PES is the real thing here and I`ve brainwashed the kids to think so too. Maybe I like it best this year because Wolves are in it for once! :eek

Those are good points about Benitez, KGB. I think he has been unfairly treated at times, considering he won the Champions League, and to a Wolves fan that is impressive stuff, but I understand the reservations about him. When he`s being interviewed he always looks like he`s about to have a heart attack. I don`t think he wants to take Ferguson on as he has been bitten before. I would love to see Mourinho resume hostilities with Fergie from Anfield and hope you`re right there. That would be entertainment!

KGB
27th October 2009, 12:20 PM
He is a great manager without doubt and he put Liverpool back on the map Euro-wise. It's the league that they want and he has failed on that so far. I don't want to see him sacked but Liverpool have a thing for giving a manager 4 or 5 seasons then giving them the boot. Word on the street is they think his time may be coming to an end, but I read in a paper the other day that they couldn't afford to sack him, so who knows.

Those two American clowns in charge should go before him anyway.

OBH
28th October 2009, 03:12 PM
:+ KGB

@ lunar
i just dont like pro evo "moments of madness" when players totally forget how to tackle. not only that, but shootings much easier now and penalties are TERRIBLE.

theres also no button to make cpu players make a run, never realised that, since playing fifa i cant live without it...

DJ Techno
6th November 2009, 09:20 AM
Manchester united baby!

The us soccer team... Somewhere in new york n another spot!

JJohnEames
18th November 2009, 09:34 PM
Anybody see the Ireland vs France match? I have lost all respect for Henry. Obvious hand ball to help France win. We played so well and to lose to a goal like that sickens me. No world cup for us. :paperbag

tug_14
18th November 2009, 09:44 PM
very sorry JJ :paperbag

Irish team deserve qualification on this match .

kaori
18th November 2009, 09:46 PM
Sorry for you and Ireland, I feel shameful, I can't understand why Henry did that ? The match wasn't finished... :paperbag

JJohnEames
19th November 2009, 01:20 AM
No need to apologise tug and kaori i don't blame France. Just Henry :P I can't understand why he did it either. A player of his skill doesn't need to do something like that. I think thats what annoyed me the most. Ah well nothing can be done about it now...

xEik
19th November 2009, 05:45 PM
I've got to admit that was a cheap way to score a goal. :P It deserved a red card.

kanar
19th November 2009, 06:03 PM
:paperbag same here. Ashamed of Henry, as the majority of us in France. Would like to see a rematch, even if I know it's impossible. Henry didn't attend to the Barça training today...

Vartazian
19th November 2009, 07:01 PM
I think you guys need to watch AMERICAN football.. the REAL football...

None of this flopper BS. ;)

SaturnReturn
19th November 2009, 07:17 PM
I think I'll let someone else answer that one.:rolleyes: Anyway, as a Canadian, don't you play Canadian football? Either way, rugby football is highly recommended if you're more into handling balls. (Wow! That kind of ended up on topic.)

Lance
19th November 2009, 07:30 PM
I think you guys should give Aussie Rules football a try. More action and excitement than international and American football put together.

mic-dk
19th November 2009, 07:40 PM
Ah well nothing can be done about it now...

Unfortunately, no, unless FIFA shocks the world and does the right thing. We need some kind of challenge system, like the NFL has.

I feel sorry for you Irish - you got plain robbed!

KGB
19th November 2009, 08:27 PM

I think you guys should give Aussie Rules football a try. More action and excitement than international and American football put together.

Not in this lifetime gents. :P

kaori
19th November 2009, 09:00 PM

Oh, NFL with this REAL mega doped guys ? ;)

rdmx
20th November 2009, 01:11 AM
Why can't someone enjoy all 3 disciplines :D
Admittedly sitting through a full 90 min soccer match can be boring but I quite enjoy NFL when it's shown here on TV.

OBH
23rd November 2009, 12:16 PM
Get in! The mighty Tottenham beat wigan by a massive 9-1 margin yesterday! :beer

best football performance ive ever seen.

KGB
21st March 2010, 01:40 PM
Back of the net! :hyper

Man United 0 v Liverpool 1

ACE-FLO
21st March 2010, 02:16 PM
if Torres was fit though, ... nah, no excuses man. We sukk epic this season... Rafa needs to go. Bottom line :(

KGB
21st March 2010, 02:25 PM
Yep, he seems to of run out of ideas this season.

1-1 :(

ACE-FLO
21st March 2010, 02:36 PM
I cant even watch the game, Liverpool will lose. Got 'that' feeling mate. Gutted, some fan I turned out to be.

Who scored the equalizer?

Aeroracer
21st March 2010, 04:11 PM
i like david beckham..hope they mend him so he can play again.

OBH
22nd March 2010, 03:15 PM
Man id hate to be a liverpool fan right now :) Your manager is the most stubborn man alive. Swear hes been mental ever since he grew that silly beard.

Everyone keeps writing off spurs, yet none of you chasing 4th place can keep the pace!!

Aprils going to be massive for us. Playing Arsenal, Chelsea, plus Man United AND Man City within a week :beer

Make or break time is closing in!

Cyberio
3rd April 2010, 03:38 PM
Real Madrid C.F. - F.C. Barcelona is coming now. Just 7 (or 8) days.

I hope Madrid win this year now, the past we lost 2-6, the biggest owned they made to us.

xEik
3rd April 2010, 05:24 PM
I hope Madrid win this year now
Wishful thinking. :mr-t

;) :P

BTW your current W'O" avatar is blaugrana. :D

Cyberio
3rd April 2010, 05:40 PM
FFUU (http://johan.kiviniemi.name/blag/ffuu/ffuu.png)

Anyway, there is always a hope.

xEik
11th April 2010, 10:34 AM
I would lie if I told you that I hate to tell you I told you. :g

OBH
12th April 2010, 02:46 PM
Losing to Portsmouth in the Semi of the FA cup was heartbreaking.....

UB3R~JKP
12th April 2010, 06:04 PM
Celtic FC supporter here, O_O'

mdhay
12th April 2010, 06:38 PM
Good man. :g :beer

UB3R~JKP
12th April 2010, 06:47 PM
Supporters= Yay!
Players = Nay!
Team sucks sooo badly right now :(

OBH
15th April 2010, 03:18 PM
Oh my word, Tottenham beating Arsenal 2-1 was one the most tense and epic games ever :)

From big lows, to big highes! Bring on Chelsea this weekend! :beer

BearAlmighty182
17th April 2010, 03:22 AM
being a gooner. Having spurs beat us at white hart lane to end our slim chance at the title should have been terrible. Well it was but danny rose's goal was surely a goal of the season contender. Nice to see van persie back for the arsenal. And i hope man city beat united on the weekend. C'mon tottenham u got beat chelsea aswell now!

yeldar2097
17th April 2010, 04:11 AM
They'd better, Man U need all the help they can get :nod

KGB
17th April 2010, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see Spurs get forth but want Chelsea to win the title, so it may be a bit close if Chelsea get beat.

Nice to see Liverpool up for sale, I hope someone who knows what they are doing takes over.

DJ Techno
17th April 2010, 08:07 PM
all i got to say

Manchester United will have their Trophy Back on the shelve

then Team USA will come back in both the men's and womens's

against Brazil (south america) and take them back home without gold

yeldar2097
17th April 2010, 08:19 PM
Come on you lovely Spurs!

Can't believe I just said that... :paperbag

Reigniting Man U's title dreams :hyper

OBH
19th April 2010, 07:44 AM
what a week, beating arsenal and chelsea :) got my beer money saved for spurs vs man united!!!

Best season for years (especially fulham in europe!!)

KGB
29th April 2010, 09:00 PM
Get in Fulham!! Now come on Liverpool!!!!

yeldar2097
30th April 2010, 01:02 AM
Inter Milan pwn all ^_^

Good old Jose

OBH
30th April 2010, 07:37 AM
i might put a sneaky bet of roy hodgson becoming the next liverpool manager :)

so spleased for fulham.

KGB
30th April 2010, 08:28 AM
I hope not, he's been around the block a few too many times and never been any good to stay anywhere decent. If someone with big money comes along I really hope they try and get Jose, he might not stay for long but he would instil winning ways back into the team.

Benitez has fallen out with so many good players that would of done far better last night than that dross and dare I say it's time to sell Steven Gerard :eek. All his team mates look for him too much - to pass to and for inspiration. It seems to me that none of the midfield can express themselves as they are intimidated by him (where's Alonso when you need him, he didn't give a toss if Gerard was screaming at him, he would just fire one in from the half way line :lol)

Time to move on.

OBH
30th April 2010, 10:56 AM
selling alonso was so stupid. The money was good but he was arguably the best passer in england at the time.

I think roy hodgsons a great manager. Mainly cos hes a passionate man who loves his football, rather than mr.monotone rafa benitez. Plus roy was assistant manager when blackburn won the league (i think), i know he involved some how!!!

Youll never get jose!! :) he loves chelsea too much.

Should have snapped up harry redknapp!! :beer thank god you didnt!

KGB
30th April 2010, 01:37 PM
Roy was at Blackburn for a while but nothing to do with the King Kenny era. They sacked him after he proved to be ****! :lol

xEik
1st May 2010, 05:31 PM
I cannot understand why peope are so enamoured with Mourinho. While I admit that tactically he succeeded in order to eliminate us (FC Barcelona), his football is slightly less entertaining than watching plants grow. The only spectacle you can see in his matches is him being a clown. :P
Heaven forbid him ever training FC Barcelona (he was already here once, where he was considered more an interpreter than anything else for Sir Bobby Robson who really was a gentleman, something you cannot say about Mourinho).

yeldar2097
1st May 2010, 06:31 PM
True his football ain't the most entertaining but as a whole I reckon Inter's football has been made much more interesting since his arrival. That's probably because their football was already more dull to watch than his but shh :p
personally I think it's mostly because they ditched Zlatan (:() and bought about 400 new players with the fundage.

Inter are my Euro team but that's mainly due to playing Football Manager 07/08 :lol

Oh and RBC (Roosendaal) but they are appauling ;)

KGB
1st May 2010, 06:42 PM
I think in England at least you either love him or hate him. Personally I think he is really funny and reminds me of the late great Brian Clough - says what he thinks and doesn't care who he upsets. The British press have loved him ever since he did his little run down the touchline at Old Trafford and his 'special one' declaration. His management style needs an incredible defence but you don't win leagues by being a defensive team, you have to score more than the other team to win!

OBH
1st May 2010, 08:47 PM
@xEik
footballs about winning, and jose knows how to win.

Funny you said his teams are dull to watch, as i thought barcelona were terrible to watch over those 2 games. You reminded me very much of arsenal - no plan B. If the "beautiful football" isnt working you cant roll your sleeves up and battle for it instead.

xEik
4th May 2010, 05:22 PM
I admit our performance against Inter was rather bad and therefore dull.
In what we disagree, though, is in this sophism that football is about winning. We don't believe such thing in Barcelona. We prefer to lose while playing well (something I admit we didn't do in the semifinals) than win playing dull matches. We leave such unworthy behaviour to the likes of Real Madrid. :P

That's why I hope Mourinho never comes back to Barcelona. In fact I expect him to replace Pellegrini.

SaturnReturn
4th May 2010, 06:26 PM
I think the Dutch have a similar mentality to football. When they're style of play works it's amazing to watch. But the rest of the time it involves a lot of this...:brickwall

xEik
4th May 2010, 06:51 PM
It doesn't surprise me. It was Johan Cruyff who consolidated it here (although Rinus Michels probably planted the seed). The Clockwork Orange is still remembered although they never won a trophy.

OBH
5th May 2010, 10:08 AM
I love football when its played with style, thats why football is so good. (Matt Le Tissier, Romario, Cruyff, and Marco van Basten being my favourite players ever)

But "style" doesnt always mean players with the most incredible skills set up by the most ingenious passers of the ball. You can have just as much style with average skills yet amazing teamwork, take Tottenhams 9-1 win over wigan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtimqB_5SQ) this year for example :)

Dont get me wrong, Barcelona are currently the pinacle of what beautiful attacking football is, but defending is a real art too, Lucio and Cambiasso pretty much single handedly kept the entire barca team at bay, and showed football is more than just attacking.

Personally i find the "Id rather play nice football and lose, then play badly and win" philosophy to be hugely bizarre. Mainly because its only supporters of big teams that have such opinions (like Chelsea, Man Utd, and Arsenal fans refering to everything other than the premiere league and champions league as "micky mouse cups"). Will you be watching the World Cup xEik?? I guarentee if it was an England Vs Spain semi final youd happily take the win no matter how badly you played :)

edit:
One more thing worth mentioning - Pique's goal against Inter was fantastic :beer

KGB
5th May 2010, 09:01 PM
Well done to Spurs (and to OBH :)), I'm really pleased for Harry Redknapp, It's nice to see an English manager in the Champions league next season for a change.

xEik
5th May 2010, 09:05 PM
I guarentee if it was an England Vs Spain semi final youd happily take the win no matter how badly you played :)
As it happens, for several reasons that are irrelevant here, I could not care less about the Spanish national team. :P
I remember people looking at me as if I were crazy for not skipping class at university to see one of the Spain matches during the Korea-Japan world cup.
My education is far more important than the bloated faux epic that surrounds national team competitions. :robot

SaturnReturn
5th May 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm the opposite. The bloated faux epic type competitions are the only ones I care about. :g At least locally every tends to cheer for the same team rather than slagging each other off. That's all I seemed to hear at school when football was mentioned. It really did my head in.:brickwall Generally the spirit seems better for international competitions. Ironically my favourite was Japan/South Korea World Cup, when Holland didn't even qualify. Loved seeing the smaller teams taking it to the big names in that competition, especially South Korea. I was amazed to see them go so far.

OBH
6th May 2010, 09:46 AM
Well done to Spurs (and to OBH :)), I'm really pleased for Harry Redknapp, It's nice to see an English manager in the Champions league next season for a change.

YES MATE!!!!!! :beer
Pub was full of spurs fans last night. Drunk exessively, sung my heart out, then stumbled to my mates car.
(A lift home by an arsenal fan was even sweeter!)

ROll on fulham beating the arsenal so we can rob 3rd!!!

@xEik
Im surprised my friend. Spain's national team very much echos their club ethos at the moment - fast, slick, flowing football.

Personally I love national football. Shows the sports global appeal, countries even put wars on hold when it rolls around!

Not looking forward to those annoying "instruments" in south africa this year though. Cant remember thier name but their so stupid.

Mr Phlanj
13th May 2010, 09:13 AM
I cant believe fullum lost in the 115th min :(

OBH
13th May 2010, 10:28 AM
gutted for them. nice goal by forlan though to win it.

Did you see the guy who jumped, did a 180 spin in the air, then liften his leg up and with his heel, played the ball over 2 defenders? :g was one of the best passes ive ever seen!

BearAlmighty182
13th May 2010, 11:56 PM
fair play to fulham i thought they were gonna win it they deserved better than that. So harsh conceding so late. Bloody diego forlan.

Dark_Phantom_89
14th May 2010, 03:12 PM
What a technicality that Fulham match was.

Still, I guess that's how it is sometimes in football.

Hellfire_WZ
14th May 2010, 04:57 PM
Must say the second legs of the Championship play-offs were bloody good games this year! I'm praying for Blackpool to come up so I've got an excuse for a weekend away when we play them :)

yeldar2097
15th May 2010, 03:39 PM
So what does everyone think of the provisional England squad for the world cup?

Squad: http://england.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/fabio-capello-names-his-30-man-provisional-england-world-cup-squad.html

Personally I think it's alright, especially since a lot of the 'big' teams have lost many if their class players due to age/injury etc...

My only worry is that there's quite a few chaps in their who haven't ever
played in the World Cup so are inexperienced as far as that's concerned. Will be
interesting to see how they deal with it.

World Cup fevahhh ^_^

Vindaloo!...Vindaloo!.....Vindaloo vindaloo nah-nah :g

SaturnReturn
15th May 2010, 03:55 PM
Won't you be sporting orange during the World Cup?

KGB
15th May 2010, 03:59 PM
The Dutch just don't have the songs we do :lol

Anyone heard the new 'Three Lions' by Russell Brand?

http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Entertainment/Three-Lions-2010--Robbie-Williams-and-Russel-Brand-release-2010051400197/

yeldar2097
15th May 2010, 04:14 PM
Thank **** I can't listen to that on my phone.

I can support two teams can't I? Besides Sat, you and I both know that Holland will show promise and then flunk out to some random ass team in the quarters. That's the way we roll :p

Mr Phlanj
15th May 2010, 06:03 PM
booo!! chelsea!! taking away the last thing pompy could have had before dropping down to join the 'lesser beings'

BearAlmighty182
15th May 2010, 09:01 PM
i think parker will be dropped if barry is fit for england but i rate parker im not a west ham fan but i think he wud really keep the midfield solid . hey guys if any 1 has fifa 10 and fancys a match any time hit me up

xEik
16th May 2010, 07:07 PM
FC Barcelona won its match to win La Liga. :rock
Real Madrid couldn't stand the pressure against Málaga that finally avoided descending. :P
I guess the only things left for this season are Van Gaal's victory and Mourinho signing for Real Madrid. ;)

Mr Phlanj
24th May 2010, 09:03 PM
woohoo 3-1 to england :D

UB3R~JKP
24th May 2010, 09:57 PM
Would a World Cup thread be worth the while on the Zone, or should we just dicuss it on this thread? :)

Mr Phlanj
24th May 2010, 10:02 PM
I think a new thread should be put up on the day of the first game so the first few pages dont get filled with the same stuff as this thread :D

UB3R~JKP
24th May 2010, 10:10 PM
Thank you mate, If you want I am willing to create this thread unless you had something in mind yourself?

JKP

Mr Phlanj
24th May 2010, 10:35 PM
well when i watching the groups being drawn i thought of making a thread with all the groups and dates of when the games are on with score updatse etc... I think it will be a realy good idea but i have a feeling that i will loose track of it.

I will gather all the information in the next few days now u have got me thinking about it but if i take too long then feel free to start it up :+

EDIT: im having a quick look at the dates/times

UB3R~JKP
24th May 2010, 10:38 PM
Right, I tell you what, if you ever need help with rounding up information for the thread...feel free to hit me on a PM!

On Topic: I can't wait any longer to find out who the next Celtic manager is. :/

mdhay
24th May 2010, 10:53 PM
Neither can I, haven't been more anxious since Larsson did his shin in.

UB3R~JKP
24th May 2010, 10:55 PM
ooh, bad bad memories right there mdhay!

Lennon put in a fairshout and unless we are looking at a european quality manager and not fricken craig levein I am all for the deal!

mdhay
24th May 2010, 10:57 PM
Same here. It isn't looking too good right now.

SaturnReturn
24th May 2010, 11:03 PM
ect...

I know this is off topic, but do you pronounce this as "ec cetera"? Perhaps it's just a typo, but the snobby part of me that studied latin at school finds it far more frustrating than I should when people pronounce it wrongly.:lol

On topic - I completely missed the football tonight as I was watching the last episode of LOST. Not that it bothers me too much, but it's good to check out the competition. I wish there was a decent way for me to be able to watch all Holland's matches, and also those of their competition in Group E. Anyone know what kind of form the other Group E teams are in right now?

I'm quite looking forward to the World Cup, but a part of me is secretly hoping that Holland don't make the final, because I'm meeting someone important the same day and really wouldn't want to make the choice between the two.:paperbag

KGB
24th May 2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, a bit of the old 'mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa' is in order I think (ex Catholic school boy) :g.

Harvai
25th May 2010, 07:53 AM
Hooray, Australia won the friendly against New Zealand last night. A bit of a scrappy match, though.

I'm not that big a soccer fan, but I do take an interest in the world cup. I'll try to get up/stay up to half-past-sparrows-fart in the morning or whatever the time will be and watch the Aussie games. Time zones are a bitch, no?

UB3R~JKP
25th May 2010, 08:50 AM
They are man. :(
Celtic have been linked with Kris Boyd....WTF. :P

mic-dk
25th May 2010, 11:29 AM
Anyone know what kind of form the other Group E teams are in right now?

We're in top-form, mate! Oranje are in for it... ;)

Seriously though, I think we'll only just sneak through to the second round if we're lucky. I wouldn't put it past our team to play a decent match against the dutch and then lose horribly against Japan and Cameroun. It will be a fun opening game for sure!

Japan took quite a beating yesterday so hopefully they'll be too demoralised to even get lucky.

OneAVGNFan
26th May 2010, 05:51 AM
woohoo 3-1 to england :D

Only saw when England scored their 3rd goal at my college gameroom. Just as I expected when one of the elite teams goes against one of the world's B-List teams (father, grandpa, and cousion would had been sad for their loss), but a respectable and good warm-up.

Still, they will win the opening game on the 11th. I just wish they could reach the quarter-finals at least.

I think a new thread should be put up on the day of the first game so the first few pages dont get filled with the same stuff as this thread :D

I actually created a post in January for that exact thing, but beacuse i made the thread too early, no one posted there. So now, the tables have turned. Ha! :g:

http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7191&highlight=World+expectations

Mr Phlanj
26th May 2010, 04:23 PM
oh yer!!!...well.....mines going to be BIG!!!

and ill make it sooner than the first day so people can chat coz it will be a bit facist to say people are not alowed to talk

OBH
29th May 2010, 08:22 AM
C'mon Swindon!!! Dont let Millwall get promoted today. No one likes Millwall :)

Gonna be a hell of a day today :
Mums wedding -> drinking -> meal -> drinking -> watching swindon get promoted -> drinking!!! :beer

lunar
30th May 2010, 09:14 AM
How was your day OBH? I hope the lack of promotion didn`t spoil it. I was at Wembley and Swindon were quite poor - we should have put Rockin` Robin on in place of Jean-Francois and a few others who were appalling or just not sharp enough on the day. Milwall were better on the basics and more organised and motivated. Greer was sorely missed for Swindon. Oh well, automatic promotion for sure next year, and at least we don`t have to see those lovely Millwall fans again for a while. 8)

OBH
30th May 2010, 10:57 AM
it was only a small sore spot (besides my head! :beer) on an otherwise amazing day. thanks for asking :)

KGB
30th May 2010, 04:09 PM
Are we going to have a world cup thread or should we post here regarding the slim chance England will have after performances like today? Not long now. :hyper

SaturnReturn
30th May 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm waiting for a World Cup thread myself - just so long as everyone knows about it and doesn't cross post here I can't see anything wrong with starting one. Thought someone had specific ideas about one they wanted to start though, or something. I'm looking forward to the competition.:)

KGB
3rd June 2010, 07:26 PM
Well that's Rafa out the door at Liverpool. I feel sad and excited at the same time. I think it needed to happen. God knows who they are going to bring in, off the top of my head I can think of no one who I want. Now that Jose has gone to Madrid, who's left? All the good managers are spoken for at the moment. I wonder if King Kenny will take over for a while?

Mr Phlanj
3rd June 2010, 08:04 PM
FINE!! I'll take up the challenge, i mean i came 1st on fottball manager 2010 on the psp. that counts for somthing right??

stin
3rd June 2010, 08:20 PM
That would be Martin O`Neil to become a Liverpool Manager ;)

But again , I could be wrong........:hyper

OBH
4th June 2010, 08:18 AM
first sensible thing liverpool have done for ages.

alright, thats not entirely true, they did get torres. (never should of good rid of the mighty Hypia)

UB3R~JKP
4th June 2010, 11:30 AM
I need to say I effing lol'd big time...
Liverpool: "your out rafa"
Rafa: "*Sigh* ok"
Liverpool: "Wait you can have 16 million to add on to our indisputable debt because of you buying turkeys"
Rafa: *Trollface.jpg*

Seriously, If anything Rafa should be paying up:D

KGB
30th June 2010, 02:25 PM
Roy Hodgson looks set to be named as the new Liverpool boss, good luck to him though I think it's the wrong choice. Hope I'm proved wrong :frown:

OBH
1st July 2010, 10:41 AM
I told you Roy would be your manager months ago KGB :)
Was i right or was i right? :beer

KGB
19th July 2010, 02:27 PM
Yep, you were right :) and now he's gone and signed Joe Cole! Have a word Roy, the last 5 Chelsea managers didn't play him and the last 3 England managers didn't play him. What's that all about?

DreamyElf
19th July 2010, 08:20 PM
good observation kgb...
i think joe cole has very good technique and passing ability but he is very injury-prone and a little inconsistent.
well at least your team bought a player. :)
i can't say the same for my team(ac milan)...

UB3R~JKP
20th July 2010, 01:35 AM
Celtic beat the seattle sounders 2-1 woo :lol

Can't wait for CL qualifier, I have a good feeling that we may go through.....
Am I the only person who thinks the Europa League theme song is fricken class?!?

miizu3
20th July 2010, 05:22 AM
I always enjoy watching World Cups although wasn't really pleased with this year's outcome.
Not really watching any league games but if there's Michael Owen (oh, what an eatable cutie he is ;) ) playing then that's the team I'm supporting. So I guess it's Manchester United now then.
Of course good games are always enjoyable!:hyper

mdhay
20th July 2010, 11:42 AM
Celtic beat the seattle sounders 2-1 woo :lol

And you expected something less from them? :naughty :g

OBH
21st July 2010, 08:57 AM
So now Liverpool, a team renowned for its debt, have decided to pay Joe Cole £90,000 a week, who's moneys on Fernando Torres is off to Chelsea? :)

DreamyElf
21st July 2010, 11:57 AM
seems impossible but with the debts liverpool have you never know...
but i'd love to see Torres at Milan...(just dreaming here lol)

Medusa
31st July 2010, 03:35 AM
I can't believe Raul and Guti are gone from Real Madrid...I thought they'd be there forever--you know, because they were. :lol All of a sudden I miss watching RM! But when I watch them I won't know anybody but Iker. At least that's something.

Anybody else ever stop watching your team for even a season, and then go back and find the whole roster's changed? (Yeah, I didn't think so...)

Lance
31st July 2010, 03:57 AM
Maybe Team France?

UB3R~JKP
31st July 2010, 11:06 AM
That was shocking against braga, disgrace :(

KGB
1st October 2010, 03:23 PM
How bad are Liverpool this season, I hope it improves quickly other wise I can see the rot really setting in and we go down :|.

OBH
1st October 2010, 03:34 PM
Liverpool have been dog poo.

Spurs on the other hand!! :g despite not playing fantastic football (bar 1st half against man sh*tty) are rolling along quite nicely.

Bring on inter!!! :rock

Feisar31
1st October 2010, 11:12 PM
I thought I read that Liverpool were likely to get new owners this month (finally). That would certainly help a lot.

In any case I'm looking forward to the Chelsea-Arsenal game on Sunday. :g

OBH
2nd October 2010, 12:45 PM
cant believe fifa 11 comes with an activation code, so you cant play online with multiple profiles on the same console :bomb

not a happy man

mdhay
2nd October 2010, 02:50 PM
Wow, EA being asses again. Going the same way as valve, it would seem...

DreamyElf
3rd October 2010, 08:47 AM
sorry to hear that OBH... :(
imo, u should all give PES 2011 a chance this year, the game is way improved and starting to bring the good old memories of the great old pes games. but u need to give it some time and practice the shots and defense system. :)
it's not easy as fifa, u need to dedicate time but you will be rewarded.

btw, look at the stunning goal Pirlo (my fav player^^) scored last night against Parma!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK9sMTAh8Qs

that's why i love PES, is scored a similar goal with Ibra 2 days ago from 37m^^

OBH
3rd October 2010, 10:06 AM
i loved PES back in the day. But for the last few years its been TERRIBLE. Fifa 10 moved away from the arcade feel, and used a lot of pro evos ideas.

Ive yet to play the new PES, but I read they totally scrapped their code and started again.

Back to real football, good god im loving having Rafael Van Der Vaart at Spurs!! :beer 2 goals for him again!

KGB
3rd October 2010, 03:56 PM
FFS!

Liverpool 1 V Blackpool 2. I've never seen Liverpool that far down the table before, 3rd bottom is very depressing.

OBH
3rd October 2010, 03:58 PM
Gutted for you mate.
Though forgive me if im lacking total sympathy, my mates were placing bets on that spurs would get relegated only 2 years ago :)

Plus I really want Agger & Joe Cole at Spurs :g:+

DJ Techno
3rd October 2010, 10:35 PM
european football
Manchester United is doing great for now

Liverpool and Chelsea can start bowing down again.

American Football

college USC my game cocks doing alright except a lost and couple injurys to the quarterback

NFL
nobody has stopped Brett Farve and the Viking ha!

for the Altanta Falcon fans... just cause you beat the Saints. doesn't mean you gonna make a second super bowl

and found a new football league
LFL
Lingerie Football League

oh yes!
female football action and about 10 to 15 teams playing each friday from different states around the usa.

catch it on mtv 2 and get tickets where ever they are gaming.

KGB
6th October 2010, 02:59 PM
Looks like this guy is about to take Liverpool over. Anyone know anything about him?

John W. Henry (http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6430598,00.html)

OBH
6th October 2010, 03:59 PM
So your getting one American out, an' another one in??

I thought this whole disaster started because you were bought by people who don't love football?

Cant say I know anything about him, but all premiership teams owned by American owners have had some massive turmoil at some stage (yourselves, newcastle and aston villa are the 3 i can think of)

KGB
6th October 2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, out of the frying pan into the fire. I don't know what to think really. We are totally stuffed at the moment. They need to build this new stadium quickly for the revenue it will bring in but I don't know what's been stipulated in the take-over talks. With the current financial climate, I can't see anyone doing that to be honest. I do know they need to make some very tough decisions fast. If Hodgson doesn't get them moving up the table, then i think he will be gone by Xmas if there's new owners in :frown:.

Edit: Arsenal are partly American owned as well aren't they, as are Man U. They're bloody everywhere :)!!!!

OBH
7th October 2010, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah, think id have remembered united :) again, another club who's gone through some rough times with its owners.

You remember how everyone hated Chelsea when they came into money?? Well personally, I hate Man City a million times more than I did Chelsea, for the simple fact that everyone else is knee deep in a recession and can get nowhere near to the money they have. They spent 3/4 of total premiership transfer money, around £160/190mil or something, and then claimed that Manchini was £260million under-budget.

My housemates only got into football since man city first started signing players.... guess who he supports....?? thats right, man city :)

b*astard hasnt got a thing to worry about! your never going to have a bad day when your owners own 10% of the worlds oil :beer and thats just a tiny piece of their pie.

/rant

rant over, id like to say I hope Roy doesnt get the sack. Getting bored of new managers coming into a club with promises of funding and receiving very little.

Lance
7th October 2010, 07:47 PM
Last night, I finally got to see the delayed broadcast of the AFL Grand Final Replay. I wanted the Saints to win, but the 'pies just outplayed them totally. They were brilliant. Very different from the tied game the week before. I bet the rules are changed next time so the Premiereship must be determined on the day, no ties allowed, no second final required.

OBH
8th October 2010, 04:28 PM
Im confused, i think you might be in the wrong thread my friend :beer no AFL here!

DJ Techno
8th October 2010, 09:28 PM
The afl is in here because i mentioned both football

the american version and the rest of the worlds got.

Oh sorry lance

saints lost... And this weekend... No! No! No!

Monday night football. No

hmmmm from everyone else talking about this...

Don't feel bad. If america has money inside the european league of soccer and more.

Then really start bowing. And start with manchester united!

KGB
8th October 2010, 09:38 PM
The problem being Techno, American money has got a few English clubs in turmoil because they are only in it for the profit, don't know how to run the clubs properly and haven't a clue what they are on about when it comes to talking about English football.

Am I meant to be bowing to American money or Man United? I'd rather stick my head up my own arse than doing either thank you :D.

OBH
8th October 2010, 09:38 PM
You know ive always wished americans loved our football as much as the rest of the world does (not necessarily the premiership, just football in general :))You guys have some proper good players. Clint Dempsey's a badman :)

edit:
damn you swooped in there fast :beer!

Anyone see a while back Mike Tyson chatting about how much he loves man united? :g saying footballs his new favourite sport?

what a legend!

DJ Techno
8th October 2010, 10:18 PM
The problem being Techno, American money has got a few English clubs in turmoil because they are only in it for the profit, don't know how to run the clubs properly and haven't a clue what they are on about when it comes to talking about English football.

Am I meant to be bowing to American money or Man United? I'd rather stick my head up my own arse than doing either thank you :D.

is it American money to
a. give the teams the ability to travel, eat, sleep, and have equipment?
b. pay for expensive ass coach's, athletic trainers, nice comfy Audi emblem seats they and their team families or who ever those people are besides the team themselves. THEY are sitting on eaCH night Manchester playS AT home. Their on seats that are made and look just like a racing car seat.
c. pay for teams to get big ass salary's but still suck in any game?
because if American money is made to pay for players who suck! then the same thing isn't happening for the NFL, NBA, American Soccer, Hockey.

now
bow to
Manchester United

if u bowing down to money

you really lost your mind.

including i got a prosthetic aka plastic model made butt taken of the model of a fighting figure used for practicing punchs, kicks and attacks.
will that will fit your head.

and the heads of..
chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, italy, spain, frances team, and south africa. and brazil.
especially brazil!

eSPECIALLY BRAZIL FOR WHAT EACH YEAR THE USA TEAM GOES THROUGH AND HADN'T GOT A WIN ON BRAZIL. FOR NEITHER MEN OR WOMEN TEAMS.

OBH
8th October 2010, 11:07 PM
c. pay for teams to get big ass salary's but still suck in any game?
because if American money is made to pay for players who suck! then the same thing isn't happening for the NFL, NBA, American Soccer, Hockey.
Hang about, so what your saying there; is that there's not one single player in all those sports who gets paid a large salary but still plays badly? :)

Your missing the point though with the "American money".
Its how they run it. Why buy a club, then go sell all its strongest assets (i.e. the players)? Great you've balanced the books for now, but your teams gonna suck next year and you wont make any big money cos you wont win anything.

To be honest American money isn't all that in England anyway. Its the Russian and Arab Emirates money :) The Glazer family own a fraction of the wealth that Man City's owners do.

DJ Techno
9th October 2010, 02:04 AM
oh thats not american money doing that..

thats dumb ass coachs and managers pulling contracts

yeah!

its happen in the NFL some, few times. a few line backers, running backs, safetys, centers, maybe a quarterback or one.

but as for in soccer

its put to blame.... the managership and coaches who sign those papers to replace a person.

then the player themselves.

the highest played player in soccer. still does not match in millions the amount paid to a football player or basketball.

their is and has been some high paid players. but even tho they were sucking.

how long did they stay? sure hell not the longest played, highest paid, and suck regardless. didn't stay long enough except maybe one to three season.

and even tho their paid a hi dollar. pound. yen. whatever currency russia, india, china, europe is using.

any player who has been paid a high contract deal not 1 or 3 million. but 120, 400, 800 million.
their contract is over if their not being what their paid for.

hell tom brady defiantly had to get a attitude change when the patriots were getting bad.

And guess what. They always been Bad.

Brett Farve the Super Veteran who just won't quit and keeps getting millions for his love and ability in the game.

the soccer players who are playing in the usa teams that came from uk, australia, iceland and other spots.

still the highest paid player was sent to a california team that had an owner who gave almost a billion dollars for that player to play for his team. and what i am trying to remember.

if its the player that is Posh, from the spice girls husband... or another white blonde hair player.

OBH
9th October 2010, 12:07 PM
oh thats not american money doing that..

thats dumb ass coachs and managers pulling contracts

Honestly mate, that really isnt the managers.

Martin O'Neill, the former Aston Villa manager left the Club Because Randy Lerner (American owner who I'm sure you know) decided he knew better and agreed to sell their best player James Milner.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett (both American) bought liverpool and promised them a new stadium, and to right off their debt.
Instead they provided nothing of the sort, made a grave error in selling their key player Xabi Alono, yet despite the money they made their company risks going into administration, and with that the risk the of club being docked 15 points, and battling with potential relegation.

The Glazer family, American owners of Manchester United, sparked vicious protests from fans after erasing the majority of their debt, then saying they'd take 50% of the Consolidated Net Income of the club every year.

So trust me mate, there are some big problems in football where the blame lands squarely at the feet of an American owner - fact :)

KGB
9th October 2010, 03:18 PM
you really lost your mind.

including i got a prosthetic aka plastic model made butt taken of the model of a fighting figure used for practicing punchs, kicks and attacks.
will that will fit your head.

It's just as well I never have a clue what the hell you are on about Techno otherwise I may take umbrage with that remark ;).

KGB
14th October 2010, 09:21 AM
Why do I think this (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3179075/LIVERPOOL-in-chaos-after-Hicks-and-Gilletts-1bn-lawsuit.html) is going to end really badly.

They are showing their true colours now, desperate men and desperate times.

OBH
14th October 2010, 09:58 AM
Feel sorry for you man. About time liverpool had some finance and stability. I know you kept the faith with rafa for a while but i wouldnt have classed that as "stable" :)

UB3R~JKP
14th October 2010, 11:38 PM
Celtic are doing not bad :D

Mr Phlanj
17th October 2010, 03:35 PM
woohoo!!! good one everton!! :D

OBH
18th October 2010, 03:15 PM
Man City are the jammiest team alive.

DreamyElf
20th October 2010, 05:11 PM
Am i the only person that really hates C.Ronaldo and Mourinho?
(sorry if i offended any fans of those two...)
Anyone?

xEik
20th October 2010, 08:15 PM
Well, most of Barça suporters are on the same side as you. So that's quite a few :P

OBH
20th October 2010, 08:58 PM
Hope some of you guys got to see the Tottenham vs Inter Milan game just now. :)

Gareth Bale showed just what a player he is.

Never seen a game like that before, I had my hoodie over my head and wanted to cry after being 3-0 down and having the goalie sent off after 10mins!! :paperbag

As for Mourinho! :D The mans a legend! So, so smug, so stubborn, but can still show the utmost respect to those he feels deserve it.

xEik
20th October 2010, 09:22 PM
...but can still show the utmost respect to those he feels deserve it.
Really? :rolleyes:
That must be an alternate dimension Mou you are talking about. :lol
Is he a zombie with superpowers there? :P

OBH
20th October 2010, 11:10 PM
He does! :D Plenty of other managers say he's a quality bloke.

I cant imagine the Spanish media liking him much though :) They have much more freedom and expect straight answers dont they?

yeldar2097
21st October 2010, 02:55 AM
Mourinho is cool. I'd go for a pint with him. He dresses nice and sharp too. I also like his 'designer stubble' look, makes him look badass.

That Spurs - Inter match was proper exciting I must say. Thankfully Inter held out. Good on Gazza Bale though, quality performance from him to bring Spurs back into contention, I thought for a moment they might nick a draw. Almost made for an arse-clenching comeback. Top stuff :beer

DreamyElf
21st October 2010, 07:42 AM
Mourinho is a great coach, no doubt about it...
I was just mentioning his playing style, so boring and unattractive.
C.Ronaldo is a very good player, i just dislike him because he acts like a clown, is an attention-seeker and is so "soft". He'll never be a legend just for that reason.

Not seen that match OBH but it would have been an incredible comeback if you managed to drew the game with 10 men, too bad you let that disgusting team win you...
If only you have bought Huntelaar when my team offered him to you...

OBH
21st October 2010, 09:37 AM
No thanks, anyone with sense knows Huntelaar sucks :)

Hellfire_WZ
22nd October 2010, 05:44 PM
Bloody hell, looks like Portsmouth's had it...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Sacha-Gaydamak-Puts-Future-Of-Portsmouth-In-Jeopardy-1522.aspx

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd October 2010, 06:57 PM
I hate Ronaldo - the guy's such a bighead.

That Tottenham and Milan game was great - kudos to Bale for saving the team from a complete thrashing. If only they'd played that well in the first half...

OBH
23rd October 2010, 11:23 AM
Was the worst opening 14mins of football ever. Funny that it took Gomes 5mins to get off the pitch, so technically we were 3-0 down in 9 minutes! :(

One of my favourite hattricks ive ever seen i think. Never seen 3 goals so similar, each taken so clinically.

MetaKraken
29th October 2010, 03:58 AM
I watched FIFA 2010 last June and is surprised to see that Spain won last July. I wish the DVD would be released so I can watch the whole action again :D.

OBH
30th October 2010, 06:29 PM
Have you ever seen a more ridiculous goal.

Nani is on the floor, uses his hand to scoop the ball and then scores for United.

And that's allowed?

That's the safe ref who was banned for being dodgy before.
Gutted.

Mr Phlanj
31st October 2010, 05:54 AM
its cheap but the whistle didnt go. gomez had the ball anyway but he throws it to the ground. so i think advatege should have been called if anything but gomez didnt wait he just threw the ball into play with nani right behind him.

but why did gomez wait. if the wistle had gone that would be fine but he looks at the ref with the ball on the ground and then backs as nani jogs up to it.

but nani acting dead and then righ back up when he knew the whistle hadnt gone is just rubbish.

KGB
31st October 2010, 10:59 AM
It was just an utter joke really, when you see the replay from another angle you can see the ref with his arms outstretched wanting Gomez to play the ball. The ref was at fault for not stopping it and awarding a freekick but Gomez should of put the ball down where the handball was and not roll it forward 15 yards if he wanted to take it properly.

OBH
31st October 2010, 01:21 PM
I totally agree with playing to the whistle right, but the ref went to speak with his 2nd official....
if the linesman said in their little natter "nani handballed it after he got fouled" surely the ref cant give it.

You can see the linesman look embaressed and say "i know" to the spurs players when they complained about what happened.
Clattenburg is a mug, and its another ridiculous game for spurs at old trafford.

erich123
31st October 2010, 06:11 PM
3 points for Liverpool today. YNWA. Great:clap

OBH
2nd November 2010, 06:32 PM
Spurs vs Inter Milan tonight :)
If its anything like the 4-3 game too weeks ago itll be a cracker.

Just read about an Inter Milan blogger whos been mistaking Spurs for Fulham, saying Inter are against last years Europa League finalist!? :beer

Hopefully he'll remember exactly who er are after tonight! :g

edit:
"Oh when the Spurs, go marching in. Oh when the Spuuuuuuuurs gooooo maarrrrching iiiinnnnnn!!!!!" :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer
What a performance. Inter Milan who? :)

SaturnReturn
2nd November 2010, 09:49 PM
I just saw this result and knew someone would be here.:P Well it makes me happy and I don't even give a crap about football most days.:D

OBH
6th November 2010, 02:32 PM
And then 5 days later im sent crashing down back to earth with 3-0 away defeat to Bolton..... :paperbag

edit:
Yet while writing this weve brought it back to 3-2, theres 4 mins left... surely not another comeback...

edit:
Nope, they scored last kick of the game. 4-2 Bolton.

mdhay
9th November 2010, 09:02 PM
Bye Aberdeen, thanks for playing. Did I mention that you suck hard? :D

OBH
20th November 2010, 02:29 PM
Arsenal - 2 Tottenham - 3 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
First away win against the big 4, in the last 67 attempts!!

What a game

SaturnReturn
20th November 2010, 02:30 PM
I don't watch football, but base solely on the scorelines I've seen, Tottenham seem to be having a very exciting season. Must be great value to watch, unlike most football matches.

OBH
20th November 2010, 03:36 PM
Haha. You always get goals and exciting football to watch if your a Spurs fan.

Problem is it isnt always Spurs that do the scoring!! :beer

We were 2 - 0 down to Arsenal at half time.

KGB
20th November 2010, 10:45 PM
What's going on with chris Hughtons hair? It's half grey, half black, right down the middle of his head :!

Dark_Phantom_89
20th November 2010, 10:54 PM
Kudos to Tottenham for that amazing comeback. :hyper

OBH
22nd November 2010, 08:51 PM
:)

Anyone see the amazing goal Ronaldo would have scored if nani (the dirty cheating scum :beer) didnt try and rob it??? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doBLYLC-_Z8&hd=1)

What a douch.

SaturnReturn
22nd November 2010, 10:19 PM
Harsh.:eek

Aeroracer
22nd November 2010, 11:27 PM
isnt ronaldo that winking, punchable, serial diving (try-get-anyone-sent-off-by-faking-an-injury) player..
such a shame he didnt get that goal for himself :)
i feel soooooo sad for him.

SaturnReturn
23rd November 2010, 12:15 AM
It's not just that he didn't get it for himself, it's that no-one got any goal, because it was offside. If it had been left then it would have been a goal, and a very good one at that, from the looks of that video. I don't particularly have much wuv wuv for Ronaldo either, but it's still a real shame. It does look like Ronaldo had a good strop about it though, so hopefully he got it out of his system.:rolleyes:

Aeroracer
23rd November 2010, 12:58 AM
sad for the club in that case.

OBH
23rd November 2010, 11:20 AM
Sad for his country you mean ;) Was spain vs portugal.
Beating world champions 4-1 isnt bad, but that would have been a real nice icing on the cake. :cake

DJ Techno
24th November 2010, 10:32 PM
it was sad for them any...

another win coming up for Manchester United

Keep on racking those points

because i see a good years end for them

and in my Football Country
South Carolina Gamecocks taste Bowl Victory coming up
The Vikings might see a championship

DJ Techno
28th November 2010, 04:11 AM
oh well...

go ahead and bow down to the highest point leader of the Soccor board for premier league england

go ahead and start seeing the team usa beat the next team for a world cup

and for my countrys football

if your a fan of Clemson Tiger

theirs always next
five years!

OBH
28th November 2010, 01:26 PM
Fair play to united. 7-1's not bad at all.

Hopefully i can have a sly dig at KBG later after the spurs vs liverpool game :):+

yeldar2097
28th November 2010, 07:26 PM
Not bad? United rule all :twisted

^_^

xEik
29th November 2010, 08:57 PM
CristianoLOL or MourinhoLOL?
Your choice. But the only right conclussion is Guardiola FTW. :D
For those who don't know, FC Barcelona 5 - Real Madrid 0. :P

OBH
29th November 2010, 09:53 PM
Barca were good today :) Very good. Congratulations. Was an excellent game.

I wouldnt go counting another title to your list just yet though. Mourinho is a shrewd character :)

KGB
30th November 2010, 08:31 AM
Fair play to united. 7-1's not bad at all.

Hopefully i can have a sly dig at KBG later after the spurs vs liverpool game :):+

:D I'm trying to keep out of this thread, as Liverpool are doing so bad at the moment.

I saw the match last night, Barcelona were brilliant. I don't think I've seen a team that plays so close together. It reminded me of school boy football. when everyone crowds round the ball wanting a kick, the difference being that they wouldn't let Real Madrid have it. They must of had 5 players in a space of about 15 yards on one occasion on the touch line passing the ball to each other in their own half! Great to watch.

MegaGeeza22
30th November 2010, 10:15 AM
Why does no one speak of wolves haha? we will dominate once again in a few years... but for now i hope that gerrard leaves liverpool so he can atleast win a league trophy! he deserves that and is wasted at liverpool, he should be winning league's every season but the fans wont let him go!! "Let him go and win something"!! with his departure all of liverpools top players will leave and they will be the next leeds... man city and spurs are takin over there top 4 spot. :D

KGB
30th November 2010, 12:06 PM
I agree that Gerard should go now as well. The team have relied on him too much for too long. I've said before here that the team can't express themselves properly as they always feel they have to pass the ball to him, even when he's not in the best position. He's on the verge of being past it, maybe 1 or 2 seasons left before he starts getting injured and loses half a yard of pace. Cash in now, and make a new team that's not built around one man.

OBH
30th November 2010, 05:06 PM
Its a wierd one for me with Gerrard. Id love to see him play somewhere else with world class players around him, but to b honest id prefer if that club were Liverpool...
Even if he doesnt win the league with Liverpool, he still goes down in European football history. I've never seen one man carry a team from 3-0 down like he did against Milan.

Best time I've had in a pub bar none :)

Hellfire_WZ
30th November 2010, 08:51 PM
I cannot believe what I have just witnessed!

FOUR F**KING NIL!! :D :D

OBH
1st December 2010, 09:56 AM
Congratulations mate :) Wish id watched that one.

MegaGeeza22
2nd December 2010, 03:08 PM
RUSSIA? haha! i wanted spain/portugal to host as they hold every major trophy...
Iam gutted that england didn't win as we are the home of football and the home of language!! but congrats and im sure that they will host a good world cup!
But i wont be going... spain/portugal yes, russia no.

KGB
2nd December 2010, 03:19 PM
Really!?

Figures, after the allegations that English papers and TV have chucked at FIFA. The rioting the other day wouldn't of helped either.

Dark_Phantom_89
2nd December 2010, 04:08 PM
Help me out here lads.

Two main choices: A country which is already prepared for the 2018 World Cup with numerous stadiums and plenty of space, or one which hasn't even built them yet and the ones that are going to be built are 1,000 miles away from each other.

And they pick the second option? ¬_¬ Major fail here.

MegaGeeza22
2nd December 2010, 04:39 PM
It shouldn't matter about the allegations that the bbc have made because we want "fair play" even in the board room and fifa officials get bribes and get away with it because they think they are above the law.
How bizaar, how qatar

OBH
2nd December 2010, 06:00 PM
Trust the god damn british media to release a panorama story days before they chose the host.... always happens.

Remember how harry redknaap had all the tax evasion allegations made against him the week we selected the england manager, and he was right up there with the favourites.

:bomb

Jav
2nd December 2010, 06:11 PM
Qatar has to be the biggest joke ever. The heat will kill tourists, literally. You heard it here first.

Aeroracer
2nd December 2010, 10:21 PM
Good luck to russia in their world cup competition.

but seb blatter is still the don king of football

and he is a

liar
cheater
moron
corrupt
& full of poo & cacka
we should ban him from the uk along with all the filthbags in his commitee

OneAVGNFan
3rd December 2010, 07:02 AM
Qutar is going to be one big screwup.
ONE major city as opposed to ten-16 cites.
Middle-East country meaning extremely high chance of terrorist attack.

Nutcase:259
3rd December 2010, 12:53 PM
Middle-East country meaning extremely high chance of terrorist attack.

i think thats something of an overreaction. i mean everyone was like ohhh south africa, were all gonna get mugged and murdered? all we got was a football tournament and a new musical instrument ;)

anyway thats the way most sport seems to be going, expanding into countrys that mostly dont give a crap to extend there fanbase at the expense of the existing fanbase. not that our media helps. or that i even give monkeys about football :lol

OneAVGNFan
3rd December 2010, 03:39 PM
Even without the risk of terrorist attack, Qutar never qualified for the World Cup at all.

One would think that at least FIFA would pick a country that qualified for the tournament (without hosting). All of the previous hosts qualified for at least two tournaments. Seriously, it looks as if Qutar wanted to get the easy way into the cup without qualifiying. Maybe if Qutar qualified in 2014 or 2018, it would be acceptable.

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 10:09 PM
When I went to Qatar it wasn't all that bad in terms of temperature. It was in September I think and got up to almost 40 C one day, but still wasn't too bad. Sometimes it can be really humid, but that doesn't coincide with the highest temperatures. Anyway, surely they will not host it in the middle of summer. They don't tend to with other major sports events. Also, buildings practically spring out of the ground over there so I reckon they can get things sorted in time. I never had any fear of terrorism over there either. I think it's far more likely for a person to be a terror victim in the UK to be honest.

I worked on a project in Qatar related to the complete redevelopment of the centre of Doha. I think it's far more likely that they want to show that off and become the new Dubai than it is that they want to qualify for the World Cup. I for one will be happy to see pictures of it on the TV because I imagine it will make my work feel all the more rewarding.:D

Overall though, I do think England should have won their bid. The facilities and compact nature of the country just seem to make it ideal. Having said that, the hype around the England team would be totally unbearable if it were hosted here.

OBH
5th December 2010, 10:41 AM
The worst bit was we got a feeble 2 votes.

How hated are we?

Rennfisch
5th December 2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not very interested in football, but my boyfriend does. So we were watching some WM games together. The most thing which get on my nerves, was the earsplitting noise. So, imo, every country is welcome, which never use a vuvuzela!

Aeroracer
5th December 2010, 02:17 PM
yuk the dreaded vuvuzela..i learnt to hate that noise..

@obh

i couldnt care we only got two votes..whats the opinion of 22 corrupt peices of intercontinental crap worth to anyone.
if we got 22 votes one could consider that insulting even more so, cos they think we are like them when we are much much better.
im not talking football on the pitch btw cos we are crap at that.this general and about these bent organizations

fifa to me is similar to eurovision..its a laughing joke..we come last all the time yet our music is superior in every way..every foriegn country i go to they play our music in there charts and they all sing to it in english though they dont understand the words..why cos they like us....europeans in real life judge as on a individual basis..hard truth..i was told french hate the english as we are rude and s**ty...thats rubbish the french like us and we like them when in real life.its all about mutal respect and actually meeting them in real life not sitting in a chair in a flat assuming things.same for germans or spanish..thats from personal experience

problem is these organizations are just pointless and corrupt to the point anyone with a brain cell just laughs at there face,s.

thing that annoys me is why we lower ourselves to their level and allow us to be judged by these individaul riff raff garbage orgs with secret agendas and payoffs.

let them believe in thier fantasy...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05122010/58/london-2012-mayor-cancels-fifa-london-2012-rooms.html

hahah..nice one boris.now just need to ban them from the uk..break away from fifa and start up a real organization with usa and all the other angry countrys cheated by mr blatter who will no dougbt be retiring in the next 18 months with his new windfull cheques he has recieved.

Nutcase:259
5th December 2010, 03:36 PM
im pretty sure Russian football games have there own version of a vuvuzela thats far worse. sounds like a mosquito in a threshing machine :g

Aeroracer
5th December 2010, 04:02 PM
i dont know..i dont no much about russia apart from its cold and moscow hotel prices are way to expensive.paris is cheap by comparrison.