PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch football/soccer?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

OBH
18th July 2011, 07:31 AM
One thing thats been winding me up - why do ALL the Barca players feel the need to say their piece about Cesc Fabregas???? The decision isn't up to them, so just shut up about it.

I dont have a lot of love for the gooners, but after dealing with all this Modric rubbish, I feel nothing but sympathy for them.

MetaKraken
18th July 2011, 03:13 PM
Recently watched the FIFA Women's World Cup finals, and I'm surprised to see that Japan defeated USA. :o

trackripper
19th July 2011, 09:36 AM
Man U fan myself here, good season for us. :P Apart from the loss to Barca in the Champions League final... but hey. We were outplayed. At least they didn't do theatrics like they did against Real Madrid.

MegaGeeza22
19th July 2011, 06:21 PM
Tevez... he doesn't care about football or the fans in my opinion, he has earnt 10s of millions from the english public and all he wants to do is take that money home and look after his family... i can understand that looking after your family should always be your top priority but Tevez can now afford to retire along with his whole family, even his great great grandchildren are set for life thanks to united and city fans....
This is why our economy is failing! we give all our money to people who send the money abroad! Billions of pounds leave our border every year and end up in foreign banks.
Its just totally wrong.

DJ Techno
20th July 2011, 07:49 AM
Recently watched the FIFA Women's World Cup finals, and I'm surprised to see that Japan defeated USA. :o

yeah... it ruined my SCHLOTZSKY'S meal

but didn't watch half the match cause i was busy making a win at a Legacy MTG card game match the same time USA caught lead against Japan.

still i guess the reward for the girls from Japan will be deals from every japaneses electronic store and clothing shop from yokohama to mount fugi

UB3R~JKP
20th July 2011, 09:42 AM
Looks like Tevez ain't budging now. :)

Can't wait till next week, a friendly between my team Celtic and my favorite English side; Woves. :D

infoxicated
7th August 2011, 10:44 PM
Watched the Aberdeen v Celtic match in a Scottish/Aberdeen supporter's pub in London this afternoon. Aside from being Scottish, I felt well out of place!

It was an okay match, I guess, but Aberdeen were shocking in the final third - I don't think they beat the first man with a cross from either wing, and just never looked likely to take anything more than a point from the game even if they scored first.

I thought Celtic looked good considering how early it is in the season, still - they passed well and didn't get frustrated by Aberdeen's smothering tactics. I was sure the flood gates would open after Celtic got their goal, but they seemed content in the knowledge that Aberdeen were doing nothing in attack.

That Izaguirre injury was a bit of a shame - I hate seeing players going out to a bad injury like that, never mind so early in the season. :|

UB3R~JKP
7th August 2011, 10:46 PM
Agreed about Aberdeen, I thought they played a great match aside from the final 3rd!

MegaGeeza22
20th August 2011, 06:35 AM
Arsenal vs Liverpool should be a good game today! i hope Liverpool win as they now have one of my favourite players Stuart Downing...
Also West Brom vs Chelsea, I hope Torres makes himself look stupid by diving and not scoring.
Then Tomorrow Manchester United vs Tottenham is the game of the weekend!! i will be supporting all the english players from both sides!
Then Fulham vs Wolves... Come on Wolves! :hyper

MegaGeeza22
21st August 2011, 03:37 PM
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolves are gonna win the prem... lol :lol

UB3R~JKP
21st August 2011, 08:15 PM
Would be awesome, eh Mega? :lol

blackwiggle
22nd August 2011, 07:56 AM
WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolves are gonna win the prem... lol :lol

OMG! :eek
LOL, I only wish, my old man used to play for them back in the 50's, they have been the team I inherited to hope win again.

My brother got selected to play for Spurs as a junior back in the early 60's, but my old man refused to sign the release papers.....a S**t fight between my old man and my older brother lasted right up until dad's death, most unfortunate they never reconciled.

UB3R~JKP
25th August 2011, 08:35 PM
Scottish Football. :(

infoxicated
26th August 2011, 11:06 AM
It was crap, wasn't it.

I watched the second half of the Rangers game in a rough & ready bar in the west end of Glasgow. It was obvious it was a Rangers pub, but as the news came through about the Celtic score, rather than folk taking consolation in the other side of the Old Firm suffering, the consensus was that Scottish football is just in a terrible state of mediocrity.

Rangers had so many chances to score in that game last night - how the hell does a striker of any kind of quality hit the keeper square in the nuts instead of putting it in the back of the net?!

Back to fighting over the domestic scraps for all of us once again. :|

UB3R~JKP
26th August 2011, 11:41 AM
Yup. :( Feels awful...here's hoping they can rescue this dreadful state in the coming years.

KGB
28th August 2011, 05:09 PM
Still waiting after all these years for a scoreline of East Fife 4 Forfar 5, so it can't be all bad in Scotland if it stil keeps me amused :P.

Just read that Craig Bellamy might be coming back to Liverpool! Please don't do it Kenny.

MegaGeeza22
28th August 2011, 06:16 PM
Dont you mean East Fife 5 Forfar 4 lol.
Manchester United 8 Arsenal 2...
That was a great game, Arsenal are now a crap side and Arsene should be sacked, his 5 year experiment has failed.
Im going to sign up to an Arsenal forum to laugh :lol

KGB
28th August 2011, 06:44 PM
Either way works for me mate.

Paul Merson didn't look too pleased with Arsenal on Sky. I dont think ive ever seen anyone have such negative words for a team ever. Maybe the tide is turning against Wenger. He had probably the best side the league has seen and in my view the best player in Henry. Maybe it's time for a change though I can't think of anyone better than him.

MegaGeeza22
28th August 2011, 07:37 PM
Yes, thats the 1 thing arsene is good at, selling his best players and the captains.
I just got banned for posting these 2 pictures on an Arsenal forum lol, people were fuming! it was so funny.
Yes it was stupid but i just love winding up die hard football fans, they go absolutely ballistic :lol

infoxicated
28th August 2011, 10:57 PM
It's hard to think of an online behaviour more pathetic than registering on a forum to deliberately troll the members of the community there. :rolleyes:

MegaGeeza22
29th August 2011, 07:16 AM
Like i said, it was a stupid thing to do! but i enjoyed it! it happens all the time on football forums and yesterday it was my turn! I hate wenger...
Anyway, i do it here all the time.

KGB
29th August 2011, 09:23 AM
That's true, you're consistent if nothing else :P.

Steve1234
9th June 2014, 08:34 AM
now a days it become common that all the youngster started playing video games instedad of playing on field, which is causing serious health problems, i think we should more concentrate on playing football outdoor not indoor to maintain our health ,, and for this we shoulld find local football teams (http://www.icorner.com/) to play..

Jonny
16th June 2014, 09:18 PM
I don't play football, I used to, but I didn't liked it.

terra-wrists
20th June 2014, 09:52 PM
meh, Englands is out of the world cup.

JABBERJAW
27th June 2014, 01:01 PM
We should do a pool for the remainder of the World cup, just for fun. Pick each round, see who is the closest. Anyone in?

possesed13
27th June 2014, 01:21 PM
go Greece!! ho ho

Cipher
27th June 2014, 02:18 PM
I don't really follow it at all, but i do know when the Belgian Red Devils succeed or not, all these silly belgians starting waving flags on top of highway bridges and go crazy with their car horns and stuff, it's funny ^^
Not so much interested in football, but it's nice to see it gets people together and in a group spirit mood :)

Cipher

Jonny
27th June 2014, 09:50 PM
Waving Germany flag during World- and European Cup -> Noone cares
Waving Germany flag outside any sport competition -> Nazi

possesed13
28th June 2014, 12:17 PM
unfortunately happens!
Here we say it better to get your eye out than get a bad name for something!

Jonny
28th June 2014, 12:56 PM
I tbink there are some major groups during the World Cup:
Fans: Support their country, watch the matches,...
Activists: Annoying Greens and lefts "For the WC you go on the street, but not for your future"
Not fans: Like me, doesn't gives a sh*t about the whole event
Anti WC: Try to blockade the whole WC
Anti-fans: Against their country. Suprising much of them in Germany

JABBERJAW
29th June 2014, 03:03 PM
My pick for the WC. This is difficult, I am picking either France or Germany to win it all. They will play in the round of 8 though, if they both win. I will go with Germany

Anyone else?

Jonny
29th June 2014, 06:16 PM
Shitty WC feaver, makes me interested in football everytime.

JABBERJAW
1st July 2014, 09:49 PM
How many passes straight out of bounds or to the other team for the US? Unwatchable. I know we are not as good, but for Pete's sake, if there is no pressure on you make the pass!

Jonny
1st July 2014, 10:03 PM
"Out of the way you jumping jacks, I'm doing a goal on my own!"
Manuel is the boss :D

possesed13
2nd July 2014, 09:03 PM
Holland and Germany have played the best football yet.... they also shown great disadvantages in close defences!
France is solid but young, Brazil is host country, Colombia is nice fast but havent played actually with a big team, Costa Rica
is done believe me i know :) Argenina like Brazil havent shown anything great and Belgium is the outsider....
Everything is open after many WCup's....
In good days and bad Brazil!!!!
:)

Jonny
2nd July 2014, 09:55 PM
Disadventage with the defense? Should I show you another Neuer-meme? :D

possesed13
3rd July 2014, 10:23 AM
I don't get the question... :)

Jonny
3rd July 2014, 11:04 AM
With Manuel Neuer as the keeper we don't need a defense, cause Neuer is the defense.
In the last mach against Algeria he multiple times ran out of the penality box and defeated an Algerian attack. :D

possesed13
3rd July 2014, 11:11 AM
i agree... but i wasn't referring about the defense... i mentioned that when Germany played with teams with close defenses had problems....

Jonny
3rd July 2014, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah, thats right

Jonny
8th July 2014, 10:00 PM
Germoney 7 : 1 HUEland

Dem rape XD

keg_11
9th July 2014, 01:25 AM
Now banned in Brazil

JABBERJAW
9th July 2014, 01:47 PM
Netherlands win today.

terra-wrists
9th July 2014, 08:11 PM
At least brazil dont have to ho home lol

JABBERJAW
10th July 2014, 03:40 AM
Wrong on that one :). Still going with Germany as the champion though

keg_11
10th July 2014, 01:14 PM
Does Germany have any sort of sporting chants? Like what we have in Australia ("Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi oi oi" etc)?

Jonny
10th July 2014, 03:38 PM
"schlaaand" :D

terra-wrists
10th July 2014, 04:00 PM
Wrong on that one :). Still going with Germany as the champion though

But brazil already are home :D

Jonny
10th July 2014, 04:41 PM
But Holland can rob(ben) home ;)

OMG now I know why you thnik we Germans have no humor :P

keg_11
10th July 2014, 11:43 PM
"schlaaand" :D

In that case... "DeuSCHLAAAAAAND, DeuSCHLAAAAND! Deuschlaaand, Deuschlaaand!" (Go Germany!)

JFthebestJan
11th July 2014, 02:27 PM
you missed a 't' there, its 'DeutSCHLAAAAAAND' :D

keg_11
12th July 2014, 04:19 AM
Danke

Jonny
13th July 2014, 10:18 PM
WIR SIND WELTMEISTER! :D
I was at a public viewing, what a nice match. :)

keg_11
13th July 2014, 11:15 PM
I bet it was a good match, too bad I slept for most of it (but I did see the final whistle).