PDA

View Full Version : Where's Marble Maddness and Tetris???

livingstoni813
22nd September 2009, 12:41 AM
Where have these games gone, tetris just came up on on a 30th or 35th anniversary, get it back out for ps3... w trophies of course. And Marble Maddness, neat for 8 bit Nintendo, could be freakin awesone for ps3 and switchball isn't cuttin it. Thoughts comments...

IH8YOU
22nd September 2009, 02:31 AM
Marble Madness? Wow - talk about a flashback.

Haven't played that game in.... over 20 (@*#ing years?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lance
22nd September 2009, 03:21 AM
Didn't Marble Madness first get released around the time of the first Amiga [model 1000]? Which would have been around late 1984/early 1985? It was one of the programs which demonstrated how much of a graphics advance the Amiga was over IBM PCs and their clones.

yeldar2097
22nd September 2009, 03:32 AM
I'd like those two as well :D

I suppose for now I'll have to settle for 'Kula World'. Damn I love that game

Task
22nd September 2009, 06:38 AM
The modern version of Marble Madness is Super Monkey Ball, and it's obviously even better since there's little that can't be improved by adding monkeys. Super Monkey Ball is so hardcore that there's only a handfull of people on the whole freaking planet that have completely beaten it. It's a Sega game, but it's Nintendo hard.

As for Tetris, an excellent version called Tetris Worlds (whereby you play Tetris so that you can terraform and colonize other planets (really! not kidding!)) has expanded on the basic gameplay and make a version that is quite addictive and also consists of more than "try to survive level 10".

They're around. You should play them.

IH8YOU
22nd September 2009, 10:21 AM
Tetris Worlds - that game was stupid fun. I think I still have it somewhere.

KGB
22nd September 2009, 11:00 AM
I loved Marble Madness all those years ago on Blackpool Pleasure beach. I played it on some console I had but I can't remember which one. Did it come out on the Mega Drive? Found a great clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMYibbzJlVs&feature=PlayList&p=1939DB0A6CABE421&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5) though. Yeah, bring it back. :nod

AG-wolf
22nd September 2009, 11:03 AM
Another good game along the lines of Marble Madness is one for XBLA and PC called "Marble Blast Ultra"

Crazy stuff, totally addicting.

tetris is awesome, but Tetris Worlds seemed a little contrived... my favorite version stopped with "The New Tetris" back on N64.

Lance
22nd September 2009, 02:03 PM
~there's little that can't be improved by adding monkeys.

I believe we have found a new quotation for Infoxicated's revolving list. :)

livingstoni813
23rd September 2009, 06:07 PM
Wow, talk about a quick education, didn't know MM was out in 84 yet, I was like 9 or 10 when it came out for Nintendo in I believe '89 if I'm recalling correctly. One thing that really sticks with me about these two games besides the fun of playin them, is that my DAD played them... A man who is basically video game/video game controller illiterate, thinks video games are a waste of time, etc. etc... played these games, I always thought, if a game could appeal to someone like that, all those years ago, it would be sure to please and impress on todays systems. Monkeys, yeah, they do tend to fit in as a comical filler anywhere there's a gap huh? :robot