PDA

View Full Version : wipeout pulse download

JABBERJAW
1st September 2009, 10:25 PM
Is there a downloadable wipeout pulse? If there is, can you use your gamesaves from your psp game?

MrSmadSmartAlex
1st September 2009, 10:32 PM
It's on the UK PSN Store. Not sure about others. I believe you can use your old saves on it. I have a PSN Store version of Pure that loads up other saves, so this one should too.;)

Frances_Penfold
2nd September 2009, 01:23 AM
I'd like to know more about this as well.

I assume that DLC purchased via SCEE's PSN network will work with SCEE's PSN version of Pulse, correct?

Another question-- how large is downloadable version of Pulse and its DLC? Will my 1 GB memory stick be enough to hold all of it?

(As I mentioned in the Pure board thread, I am eagerly awaiting the release of PSN cards in the retail space in Europe-- so I can pick up some Europe-only digital content that isn't available via PSN in the U.S.)

kaori
2nd September 2009, 07:29 AM
I think WipEout Pulse take 210 Mo on a memory stick, and 250 Mo with all DLC. Gamesaves and DLC are compatible for Europe, I don't know if a gamesave done with american UMD will be compatible with an european download, but it's possible, Asayyeah told me that european DLC works with an american UMD

NightArh
2nd September 2009, 07:40 AM
The size of downloadable version is 210Mb

guillaume
2nd September 2009, 08:55 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong: the packs being compatible with the US version of the game, that's the one you should get since it has the broken records' fix.

MrSmadSmartAlex
2nd September 2009, 03:26 PM
Yep, DLC packs and game saves work in both Euro and US versions of Pulse.:)

Loading up a Euro save with broken records on US Pulse doesn't seem to fix them, unfortunately, but should prevent it happening again while playing on the US version.

Frances_Penfold
2nd September 2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the information everybody :)

Correct me if I'm wrong: the packs being compatible with the US version of the game, that's the one you should get since it has the broken records' fix.

Seems right to me-- I have the NTSC version of Pulse and it works fine with my PAL save data.

Only problem is that Pulse isn't available for download on the U.S. PSN :(

Any chance that the PAL downloadable version has fixed the bugs present in the PAL UMD?

NightArh
3rd September 2009, 07:08 AM
I dont think so. It is just a copy of original UMD game with the same serial number. (I am saying this looking at other games became Platinum) But I am not sure:sonar

Alexander
4th September 2009, 02:08 PM
I got Pulse and its DLC on the online store, and it runs fine. I however did not have a UMD prior to this.

So from EU at least it should be avaliable! :)

Oh, and I love the downloaded games from the store, samll loading times! :D

Rubix42
10th September 2009, 10:06 PM
FYI--Pulse is now available to download on the US PSN store. No word yet on if the download includes the DLC packs or not. File size is 181MB

Frances_Penfold
10th September 2009, 11:03 PM
Wait... wat?

When did this happen? What about the DLC?

*fires up his PS3*

EDIT--

Pulse is definitely available for purchase ($23) but no sign of the DLC :( I looked under the "add-on" menu and there's nothing there for Pulse.

Booooooo.

AppleJack
13th September 2009, 01:24 AM
I think they put it out in the last PS Store update (usually every Thursday in the US).

I already have the UMD of Pulse but I'd get the downloadable one if I could somehow get the DLC packs with it, which I doubt we'll ever see in the US.

Frances_Penfold
13th September 2009, 05:28 AM
Given that it's been... like years since the DLC was released in PAL land and that it never made it to North America, it seems safe to say that the DLC probably won't make it to the North American PSN store :(

In just a few weeks time you can buy a PSN card from PAL land though and use it to download Pulse + the DLC...

Rubix42
14th September 2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, but the problem with holding the game, plus DLC on your PSP is that you have to connect the PSP to a PC everytime you want to switch the user information. If you activate a Euro account on the PSP, you can only play DLC from the Euro account and vice-versa. Having a US account would mean you wouldn't be able to play the Euro content.

It works for sure, but is not a convenient way to play. `

Frances_Penfold
14th September 2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, this is true :(

Since I mostly play Wipeout on my two PSPs I will probably be converting both to a PAL land account-- which will allow me to buy PAL Pure (already have the UMD version) and obtain the DLC for Pulse (I have the UMD but no DLC).

IIRC Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 have both been submitted to the game rating board in PAL land. So with luck, essentially every Wipeout game (minus Fusion and WOHD) will be play-able on a PAL account PSP within a years time or so. For a primarily handheld gamer like myself, that's all pretty awesome :)

multibodydynamics
25th December 2010, 09:55 AM
Apparently, I can use my EU gamesave in a US Pulse UMD! Kepping all my stats is great news and I don't need to unlock everything again. And I know that the US Pulse has the "broken records bug"-fix. Does anyone know if there are any other differencies between the EU Pulse and the US Pulse making the US Pulse worth getting? It's probably pretty cheap on eBay.

stin
25th December 2010, 11:46 AM
Get US version, cos, Single Race records are not broken and Euro Version does and that`s how I got both of them :) but I bought euro first till I realised there is alot of broken records and SL told us, US version had been fixed and I bought that as well.

stevie:)

MrSmadSmartAlex
25th December 2010, 12:52 PM
Aside from the Single Race fix, the only difference I could notice was a different title screen. Runs the same during gameplay (so the two versions are interchangable for setting records), same respawn points, and the DLC is compatible with either version. ;)

multibodydynamics
25th December 2010, 02:41 PM
But the records that are already broken on my savefile can't be fixed with the US Pulse, right? I must play through the entire game again.

Mad-Ice
25th December 2010, 03:37 PM
Yes indeed you are right. You'll have to start the game from the beginning again. But you will only do better.

Greetz Mad-Ice

multibodydynamics
25th December 2010, 04:04 PM
Yes, I will probably do better when playing it again. Thanks for all the info! I found an NTSC Pulse on eBay for $21 including shipping. :)

Mad-Ice
28th December 2010, 11:27 AM
Does anybody know if the single race record bug is fixed in the PAL DL version of Pulse in the PSN?

Greetz Mad-Ice

MrSmadSmartAlex
28th December 2010, 11:31 AM
I have the European PSN version. I don't think they bothered fixing it, but I'll check to confirm. Later, I'll backup my save file, then start a new one and try to ruin it with the bug. ;)

Mad-Ice
28th December 2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks mate, I will wait for your reply. Lol @ try to ruin it! That will be hard for you.:g

Greetz Mad-Ice

stin
28th December 2010, 12:17 PM
Not been fixed, that had been mentioned a while ago!:(

stevie:)

Mad-Ice
29th December 2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks Stevie, eventhough it's not good news for me! Maybe I will make a USA PSN-account to DL Pulse in the future.

Greetz Mad-Ice

MrSmadSmartAlex
29th December 2010, 04:27 PM
Ah, stin answered already. :+

Setting up a US account and buying the game again (you won't be able to use your DLC or any other PSN games that way btw) seems a lot of hassle just to get rid of the Single Race bug...
If you already have broken times on your current save file, you could start a new save file and make sure you don't die in Single Race events (or don't let the game save if you do). :D
I did this when I decided to start my OFW-only save file, so I can go for Single Race times if I ever feel like it (I won't though lol).

Mad-Ice
30th December 2010, 06:37 AM
Yes you are right! Maybe I will just make a new profile again. That will be my 4th, lol.

Greetz Mad-Ice