PDA

View Full Version : downloadable pure

JABBERJAW
1st September 2009, 10:23 PM
For the downloadable wipeout pure, Does europe and the united states have their own versions of the game? Can you compete with the downloadable version from europe if someone is playing with a european wipeout pure?

Frances_Penfold
2nd September 2009, 01:21 AM
I would like to know this as well.

I'm guessing that the PurE version on SCEE's PSN network is the PAL version (and works with the PAL DLC) while the PurE version on SCEA's PSN network is the NTSC version (and works with NTSC DLC). But I don't know.

ALSO-- would also like to know how large the downloadable version of PurE is-- will my 1 GB memory stick be enough to hold it?

(In case y'all can't tell, I am eagerly awaiting the release of PSN cards in the retail space in Europe-- so I can pick up some Europe-only digital content that isn't available via PSN in the U.S. :) )

Darkdrium777
2nd September 2009, 02:25 AM
will my 1 GB memory stick be enough to hold it?Yes. The PurE ISO is around 200-400 MB.
You could have both PurE and Pulse and still have space for the DLC of both games.

Lance
2nd September 2009, 02:37 AM
Even if it didn't fit, luckily the 2G sticks give double the memory for about 50 percent increase in cost. :)

Frances_Penfold
12th September 2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks everybody for the information :)

Amazing how damn small these game files seem nowadays. 200-300 MBs is NOTHING in 2009, no wonder the optical format seems antiquated.

Basically I am just waiting for the EU PSN cards to release and then I am purchasing Pure and Pulse with the PAL versions.

ACE-FLO
13th September 2009, 01:23 AM
Cool beans, Frances! Both titles are excellent titles in their own right.

Pure is a visual masterpiece, and plays more like the older titles... but Pulse is my fave because of the online option!

Hope you get the PSN card soon :)

Frances_Penfold
13th September 2009, 05:30 AM
Thanks, Ace :)

Though I should probably clarify-- I already own the PAL version of both Pure and Pulse on UMD and have for a long time-- I am just ready to make the plunge to go with the digital download version AND pick up the Pulse DLC. (I already have the DLC for Pure of course).

Haywire_Guy
22nd September 2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks everybody for the information :)

Amazing how damn small these game files seem nowadays. 200-300 MBs is NOTHING in 2009, no wonder the optical format seems antiquated.

Basically I am just waiting for the EU PSN cards to release and then I am purchasing Pure and Pulse with the PAL versions.

lol i remember my granddad once told me that back in the 1950's the IBM company once bought a 5 megabyte brick for whats now equivilent to USD$50,000...

Thats $10k a megabyte. How far weve come since then... too bad ill never truly appreciate its full value, everyone my age has basically taken all this tech for granted. Im using 40yrs of refined technology typing this, and i wouldnt give a second thought to how hard anyone worked or how much money invested or even how many inventions that have been ignored and discarded by the rest of the world. Ah well i wont be 16 forever.

abukii
26th September 2009, 02:09 PM
I think I may do the same (with the dl/c). I may be buying a PSP GO and I may keep that as my PAL machine. I want the Pulse dlc in the worst way lol

Lance
26th September 2009, 02:23 PM
You should want it in the best way. ;)