PDA

View Full Version : WipEout HD on Blu-ray?

Pages : [1] 2

Cyberio
31st August 2009, 02:13 PM
I don't exactly sure if this is a fake, but i saw this picture on the internet.

http://i30.tinypic.com/24m9eu1.jpg

And GAME dates it for:

http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=063018 (Only the Spanish one, i didn't find it in the UK GAME)

If it's true, i think it will sell better because there are few people (and i meet some of them) who doesn't like buy any kind of digital download.

abukii
31st August 2009, 04:51 PM
Well, thats interesting. The date of release is for yesterday, and I have definitely not heard of HD/Fury coming to blu-ray.

Darkdrium777
31st August 2009, 05:49 PM
It's fake. It's a cover mockup that's been posted a while ago on here. Probably comes from some forum such as NeoGAF where they have fun in Photoshop making these up.

billychanxtr33m
31st August 2009, 05:50 PM
i think hd will be released on blu-ray eventually, but probably not until after the next pack of content.

DawnFireDragoon
31st August 2009, 06:19 PM
that's a real cool mock-up. if they do plan a blu-ray release i would guess they will wait a while, to make sure the disc release is the best version of HD available. e.g. all content included and all bugs ironed out.

the first thing we need to know is whether they plan any more content for HD or not.

superpj1
7th September 2009, 02:29 AM
Personally when I love a game, I prefer to buy it on Blu-ray disc than download it, even if it's a little more expensive.

novide
7th September 2009, 12:24 PM
maybe it's not a fake... it will be released on blue-ray middle october in switzerland...

http://www.wog.ch/shop.cfm/template/details/product/P3-20040.cfm

DawnFireDragoon
7th September 2009, 01:10 PM
this is really interesting. i wonder if they are done with HD, if they feel they can release it as a package on blu-ray. i mean, i know you could still have dlc for it, but this might well point to them moving on to the next project. which i don't mind at all!!!

i'd love to hear from anyone at studio liverpool on this rumour... :nod

also, notice it's the old spiderman font for the packaging...new ps3 games have the new ps3 slim logo on the packaging...but since that is all new, this pic may have been released by sony before the change!

NightArh
7th September 2009, 01:52 PM
I want to this with beautiful booklet inside... :nod PSN Network Cards are still not released... I want to play this awesome game too much time

DawnFireDragoon
8th September 2009, 02:42 AM
was bored, made a mock-up of this art with the new ps3 cover art:

(the original is there for comparison)

Cyberio
8th September 2009, 06:17 PM
After all, probably will be true.

lunar
14th September 2009, 11:48 AM
Eurogamer just confirmed a Blu Ray version of Wipeout HD in a news story.

link (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wipeout-hd-blu-ray-bundle-official)

Time until someone starts a new thread here about this: 5..4..3..2.. ;)

RedScar
14th September 2009, 12:21 PM
lol lunar
Well hopefully this will expand WO's player base further, although I'd like to see the booklet and disc.

abukii
14th September 2009, 12:23 PM
LoL...

Well then, without having further researched this, I going to assume the BD version is Europe only? Heres to hoping North America gets it:+

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 01:02 PM
Europe exclusive, woo!

:mad:

Sorry for being cynical, but I'm ready to bet this doesn't come out here, just like PAIN.

Lance
14th September 2009, 01:22 PM
Yep, I likewise expect that we in NA will never see an official release for us.

Connavar
14th September 2009, 01:53 PM
I'll probably buy it just to support SL

Amorbis
14th September 2009, 02:08 PM
I really want it, but I've spent £20 on WipEout HD already. I'm going to have to wait until 2012 and hopefully find it in a bargain bin. That makes my WipEout collection even less complete, I'm already missing the Saturn version of 2097. I'm not too bothered about the Amiga and PC versions, they'd be a bit painful to find :?.

This is good news for those without credit cards, the internet or who are late adopters. Hopefully the HD lobby will be more populous towards the end of the year.

abukii
14th September 2009, 02:45 PM
Heck, Id buy it on eBay or have one of my friends out there, over the pond, pick it up for me and send it. Id love to just get a look at the Manual. Theres always fluff/ background in the books. The PS3 is region free, so an EU version WILL work on a NA PS3:rock

Rapier Racer
14th September 2009, 02:49 PM
Oh finally, there goes another 20 quid to Sonys pockets.

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 03:35 PM
The PS3 is region free, so an EU version WILL work on a NA PS3:rockCoolio.

I'd like to be able to actually buy it in a store still. Fact is, I won't be able to until it is released here on disc.

And as with Siren: Blood Curse and PAIN, it's not going to release here. Sony doesn't want my money, fine, I won't go out of my way to give it to them.

KIGO1987
14th September 2009, 04:15 PM
Prob be like PS2 Pulse here, not to be seen to Aussie shores. If the Disc variant of HD came out same time as the DL in Sep last year. I would of got the disc version for sure instead. Still its good seeing the Blu-Ray version of the game being released, it will mean more people getting involved in the game:)

lovedr
14th September 2009, 06:19 PM
in case anyones not seen this link:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35752/WipEout-HD-speeds-onto-Blu-ray

Sausehuhn
14th September 2009, 06:45 PM
That will either mean that the bluRay release is outdated by the time there's new content or WOHD is a finished project now. And I doubt that. Or there will be an extended version next year, just like they did with LBP.

Anyway ... I would like to buy it, but most likely not this year :)

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 07:12 PM
Update: A Sony representative let us know the company has "no plans to release this in NA at this time." (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/14/wipeout-hd-fury-expansion-bundled-for-blu-ray-in-europe/)

**** you.

xEik
14th September 2009, 08:22 PM
I was holding out for this. I'm definitely getting it on release day.
There isn't a happy enough smiley for this. :D

GreenPhazon
14th September 2009, 08:27 PM
So are people who already DL'd it buying the disc version?

judus
14th September 2009, 08:32 PM
This is good news for those without credit cards, the internet or who are late adopters. Hopefully the HD lobby will be more populous towards the end of the year.

Hope it works on debug test and dev stations at work. Lunch will be eaten faster than Icaras can do a lap around anulpha pass on phantom.
Either way, it's a buy :D

KGB
14th September 2009, 08:57 PM
Update: A Sony representative let us know the company has "no plans to release this in NA at this time." (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/14/wipeout-hd-fury-expansion-bundled-for-blu-ray-in-europe/)

**** you.
Don't know why, but that made me laugh out loud. I think it's the indignation. I will send you one

So are people who already DL'd it buying the disc version?
Yes for some reason I feel the need to buy it

RedScar
14th September 2009, 09:21 PM

**** you.

see above

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 09:29 PM
See above what? He will send me one? I know there are kind people here but I'm not asking so much of them.
I'm just a little angry at SCEA being: "oh noooo, we don't need to make PSN games more popular" while SCEE is like "oh look, we have this great game, let's send it out to as many people as possible, give everyone options."

-.-

KIGO1987
14th September 2009, 09:34 PM

**** you.

I beat its the same with Aus,

We didnt getting ****ing Pulse PS2 :frown::mad: (We did get the Pulse PSP DLCs though :))

Kurlija
14th September 2009, 09:47 PM
Only a month after I bought the PSN version, this happens... :brickwall

Oh well, I'll still buy it if the saves are compatible.

blackwiggle
14th September 2009, 09:50 PM
It would be good to have a hard copy anyway in case for any reason that this title became locked to the PS3 console only.

I've always had the nagging feeling of HD/FURY's long term vulnerability being a download only title.
I just hope this doesn't somehow signal the end of further DLC for the game.

At least now you could take the game over to friends places who don't have either the game installed or internet access.

I find it rather strange that none of the SL people have commented about this release so far .
Come to think of it they probably don't want to get a barrage of abuse from non Europe players who won't have immediate access to the disc version,even though marketing decisions are not of SL making.

Amorbis
14th September 2009, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't be like that Kurlija, you've been able to enjoy the game for an extra month. Although it would be nice having a Blu-ray copy (which I hope to get sometime) I have no regrets on purchasing the download. I've got to play the game for a year already and it has been a mostly fun and enjoyable year playing it. Of course had I had the option of Blu-ray a year ago I would have gone for it ;).

KIGO1987
14th September 2009, 10:03 PM
****, i really hope there are more future DLC's for this game, surely there is at least one more DLC needing to come out on this game before another fresh title comes out. I sent Crob a msg earlier on a different note about something, maybe i should ask if there are any future DLCs in development, just a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer. But seeing this game go onto Blu-Ray is good, isnt it, it means this game has been a excellent success on the Playstation Store, and good money is still being made on it.

RedScar
14th September 2009, 10:05 PM
DD777, see above in the quote. I just wanted to echo your statment.

Kurlija
14th September 2009, 10:05 PM
You have a point Amorbis, it's been a fun month. ;)

It's just that I prefer having games on discs. OCD or something. :lol

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 10:08 PM
Come to think of it they probably don't want to get a barrage of abuse from non Europe players who won't have immediate access to the disc version,even though marketing decisions are not of SL making.Oh trust me, I know it's not Sony Liverpool's fault. I don't hate them because of it. I only hate Sony marketing for it. It's ****ing stupid to be honest, if the game is released in Europe, it's ****ing translated in all the possible languages of the world, just ship the disks elsewhere because the PS3 is region free and BAM, everyone worldwide can buy them. But noo, it's ****ing stupid like that and they don't do it for no reason at all. What, ESRB will get in the way? The game is already rated, E 10+. Translation is a non issue, the game is in English for the sound part, and the menus are obviously already done since Sept 25 2008. PAL to NTSC doesn't exist, the game is made without this consideration. So what the **** is preventing the release of WipEout HD on blu-Ray over here and anywhere else? Assholes, that's what.

KIGO1987
14th September 2009, 10:19 PM
Damn DD, sounds like Flashback Jack lost his balls, and you've gained them. :D

It's just that I prefer having games on discs. OCD or something. :lol

Ditto here

----

SCEE have different agenda's the SCEA. Different market, and different ideas of what should be released n ****.

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 10:29 PM
I didn't know Flashback was having such troubles... :?

blackwiggle
14th September 2009, 10:33 PM
Well this sort of decision has almost become the norm with,I suppose Sony USA not picking it up,I gather that's where the decision was made.

It not as a super humanly stupid decision a Microsoft's most recent one.

They have decided to drop the 720p minimum screen resolution for new disc games.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20836/Microsoft-Drops-720p-Screen-Resolution-Requirement/

Brilliant!
Just as more people are replacing their old screens with HD ones.:brickwall

KIGO1987
14th September 2009, 10:34 PM
I didn't know Flashback was having such troubles... :?

INFAXSU told me Mike (Flashback Jack). Has nothing in his nut sack.

Could be true, i dont see that guy racing much these days.

Darkdrium777
14th September 2009, 10:39 PM
Lol at Xbox. I sense a Wip3ou7 video is incoming :p

Anyway I'm a little saddened about this BR release, I wish I could buy it. There's always the fact that WipEout HD is a subscription service on the PS3 (Check it out, press the triangle button and information.) haunting me a little.

Mu5
15th September 2009, 12:58 AM
@BlackWiggle - I really dont see this as stupid - If the resolution hinders the gaming experience, then why not drop it? :)

This has got nothing to do with TV's btw. This is to do with the smoothness of frame rates and special effects.

Darkdrium777
15th September 2009, 01:35 AM
Because you're not making the game look any better if you make it more pixelized. It's non-defendable, it's a stupid move. And then what: oh, you aren't forced to make next gen looking games if it's too hard to get it running, just emulate PS1 era graphics.

Microsoft, driving the industry forward.™

Frances_Penfold
15th September 2009, 02:23 AM
Wow, surprised to see this releasing on Blu-Ray so early in the PS3's lifespan :)

i really hope there are more future DLC's for this game, surely there is at least one more DLC needing to come out on this game before another fresh title comes out. I sent Crob a msg earlier on a different note about something, maybe i should ask if there are any future DLCs in development, just a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer. But seeing this game go onto Blu-Ray is good, isnt it, it means this game has been a excellent success on the Playstation Store, and good money is still being made on it.

If anything, releasing the disc in physical format is a bad sign about the release of DLC in my opinion. If there was more DLC in queue, why not wait to ship the entire package on BRD?

I only hate Sony marketing for it. It's ****ing stupid to be honest, if the game is released in Europe, it's ****ing translated in all the possible languages of the world, just ship the disks elsewhere because the PS3 is region free and BAM, everyone worldwide can buy them. But noo, it's ****ing stupid like that and they don't do it for no reason at all. What, ESRB will get in the way? The game is already rated, E 10+. Translation is a non issue, the game is in English for the sound part, and the menus are obviously already done since Sept 25 2008. PAL to NTSC doesn't exist, the game is made without this consideration. So what the **** is preventing the release of WipEout HD on blu-Ray over here and anywhere else? Assholes, that's what.

A physical copy won't be released by SCEA because they know it won't sell enough copies in the U.S. and Canada to justify the trouble. Futuristic racers are pretty much a niche genre in North America :(

Connavar
15th September 2009, 06:53 AM
Yeah that's the problem, the game is super popular in France and in the UK,
and is probably selling 5 times as many copies in Europe than in NA...

DD, you should be angry at SL, but especially at your continent for not having
a good taste in gaming :)

Mu5
15th September 2009, 07:05 AM
It must signify the end of the DLC for WipeoutHD, which is a shame. However, hopefully a brand new Wipeout will come out for PS3 with a whole new set of DLC. Fingers crossed :)

KIGO1987
15th September 2009, 08:54 AM
Its not official until, Crob, Egg, Colin or Paul says so. :)

Sch@dows
15th September 2009, 09:31 AM
Great news ... for those who can't stand not having a BRD box in their collection.
The only reason which prevented me until now to buy more game on PSN was the price which were exactly the same as the box version.

I won't purchase the BRD version of WOHD unless a collector version with sketches, work in progress arts, or ships models are included.
But the price is very attractive for those who don't have the game yet (more that the PSN which is still ~28€ for the game and it's extension.

It must signify the end of the DLC for WipeoutHD, which is a shame. However, hopefully a brand new Wipeout will come out for PS3 with a whole new set of DLC. Fingers crossed :)Why a BRD release who means the end of DLC ? They are lots of BRD game which DLC.
On the contrary, the BRD release will increase the number of players and potential customers for next DLCs.

Connavar
15th September 2009, 10:02 AM
They should just make the Zone ship available in every mode (SL/TT, races),
BD exclusive, and then everyone here will buy it :D

Mu5
15th September 2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah I would love to see the Zone ship as playable - that would be great, as I loved this feature in Pure :)

@Shadows: I assume the release on BRD signals the end of DLC due to the amount of time it took them to develop both HD and the Fury add on. I cant see them releasing another BRD again with further DLC contained in it down the line - I doubt it would be economically viable and would make the first BRD release redundant - but hopefully I am wrong :) This is just speculation of course.

abukii
15th September 2009, 11:17 AM
Heres the million dollar question though...Will our Saves from the DLC's be compatible with the BD release?

Sch@dows
15th September 2009, 11:59 AM
@Shadows: I assume the release on BRD signals the end of DLC due to the amount of time it took them to develop both HD and the Fury add on. I cant see them releasing another BRD again with further DLC contained in it down the line - I doubt it would be economically viable and would make the first BRD release redundant - but hopefully I am wrong :) This is just speculation of course.When you look at the release date for Burnout Paradise or Valkyria Chronicles, and the time which separate them from their last DLC ... I think we don't have to worry about that (another DLC is schedule next year for VC). And I don't understand the reason why they should release another BRD just because another DLC has been released in the meantime!
Burnout Paradise or MotorStorm did it, but the first release was just the game, and a lot of DLC were released after that. All the other game (that I know), didn't released another BRD just because some DLC were out.

That exactly the way DLC must be, additional content without having to buy the game again (like annual sports game where almost nothing change except for which player is in which team).

The only thing which could decide SL not to develop DLC anymore (since there is a lot of content available from Pure and Pulse) would be the sales failure of WipEout HD and/or Fury, which could mean there isn't enough potential customers for a new DLC to be "economically viable".
In that regard, the BRD release is probably a way to increase this potential market.

PS : I don't think a DLC with only 4 new tracks would take the same amount of time as Fury took with its new game mode.

DawnFireDragoon
15th September 2009, 01:11 PM
this is great news. i plan on getting a ps3 slim soon, and to actually own HD in a box will be pretty ace and look good in my collection.

it's a good move too, as having the game on a shelf next to big titles will attract more buyers.

it's also good timing as the ps3 slim is selling by the truckload in europe due to the new console and price point.

it really sucks that it's not getting a release in America, but honestly not suprising...sadly. As others have said, Wipeout sells better in Europe. And the series has a bit of history with no release....or a long wait for a relase of Wipeout games there.

From the DLC point of view, personally i hope they are moving on to a full blown new wipeout. If not then i think there is definitely space in HD for new tracks. The game (imo) has a lack of variety in the design of the tracks. To much Urban Neon...now i know a lot of people like this, but the entire series has had pretty good variety up until this point.

if another pack is coming, i would like, at the very least, one track in the vein of Valparaiso, p-mar project, blue ridge, terramax or Altima VII.

pretty pretty please.

anyway, the blu-ray news is great.

also: i'd love a shot of the box art, as the art for wipeout games is normally top notch. :nod

Haywire_Guy
15th September 2009, 02:01 PM
Wouldnt it be awesome if it was released with a Wipeout themed PS3 as a package for the release.... Like what theyre doing for FFXIII in Japan. =PPP

If theres a collectors edition for this id be one to pre-order, god knows SL doesnt get half the funds it deserves from those incredible games... i heard Wip3out only garnered 1/2 its expected sales despite 87%+ universal reviews.

Sch@dows
15th September 2009, 02:05 PM
87% isn't so good imo (games under 90% shouldn't be are considered as "ultimate).
That's also why i don't like the % rating. 10 point rating are more than enough to dstinguish between bad good and must-have titles).

There is already a wipEout (dynamic) theme on the (EUR) PSN since Thursday, but it iss said to be in bad quality (aliasing and such). I haven't tested it myself (just learn of it a few hours ago).

Mu5
15th September 2009, 02:17 PM
Im just hoping/speculating that the release of this BLD is the close of this chapter of Wipeout.... in order for a whole new one to be released :)

Yeah there is a wealth of other content from Pure and Pulse that could be used, but I assume from reading Colins comments that the best of this has already been hand picked, and redeveloped in both HD and Fury. I kind of hope we dont see any further reworks from the PSP - I feel like 'seen it - done it' in that respect.

I would love to see a whole new game on the PS3 - WipEout / FX500 series :beer :+

NightArh
15th September 2009, 02:28 PM
Hm... New wipeout game? I hope this will happen some day

Sch@dows
15th September 2009, 02:41 PM
Well, I would love to see completely new tracks too, but I hope they will keep releasing more "ugraded" tracks in the meantime.

I would be very angry to find out that a new wipeout is announced just to get the same universe as the PSP/HD series. A new wipeout must comes with new tricks, rules, etc. Otherwise, it would just be a joke.

And again, that kind of wipeout would take a lot of time to develop, so new "old" tracks could still be developed by a small team. At least that what I hope.

rdmx
15th September 2009, 03:34 PM
WipEout HD + WipEout HD Fury Bundle Confirmed for Blu-Ray Release
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/09/wipeout-hd-coming-to-blu-ray/#more-356959

It’ll be out in Europe on October 16, and priced at £20 ($39).

Darkdrium777
15th September 2009, 04:25 PM
Least I know what to look out for next time I'm in Europe. :/

MrSmadSmartAlex
15th September 2009, 04:43 PM
If this means there'll be a brand new Wipeout, I'll buy a PS3.:D

Frances_Penfold
15th September 2009, 05:52 PM

Why not import? It is region free, correct?

KIGO1987
15th September 2009, 06:12 PM
Im just hoping/speculating that the release of this BLD is the close of this chapter of Wipeout.... in order for a whole new one to be released :)

No.

Yeah there is a wealth of other content from Pure and Pulse that could be used, but I assume from reading Colins comments that the best of this has already been hand picked, and redeveloped in both HD and Fury. I kind of hope we dont see any further reworks from the PSP - I feel like 'seen it - done it' in that respect.

No.

Hm... New wipeout game? I hope this will happen some day

Yes.

WipEout HD + WipEout HD Fury Bundle Confirmed for Blu-Ray Release
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/09/wipeout-hd-coming-to-blu-ray/#more-356959

Yes. Some Aussie article there:)

Yes. Ive got one better. Ask old man Arnaud to do you a favour and ask him to send a copy through the post. He offered to do that for me with Wipeout Pulse PS2

If this means there'll be a brand new Wipeout, I'll buy a PS3.:D

Yes. Do so. Get a PS3 Alex, your long overdue for one. Night has got one:)

Lance
15th September 2009, 06:19 PM
So what the **** is preventing the release of WipEout HD on blu-Ray over here and anywhere else? Assholes, that's what.

}feels the same way{
North America gets slighted by SCEA for no reason that makes sense to me.

Sch@dows
15th September 2009, 06:59 PM
Maybe Wipeout hasn't been sold enough in europe and they think it is a way to increase the sales.
Or maybe, it is the contrary, and they don't think wipeout would sell very well in NA and don't take the risk.

Lance
15th September 2009, 07:02 PM
They've avoided the risk for so many years that they don't have any valid data to base their choices on.

Frances_Penfold
15th September 2009, 07:06 PM
Folks keep saying "it makes no sense that the BRD version isn't brought to North America" but it REALLY DOES make sense from a business perspective-- people in the U.S. and Canada don't buy enough Wipeout games to make it worth SCEAs effort.

That's why console and game sales data matter-- sure it drives fanboy internet console wars but at the end of the day, video games are a business. The installed base of a console makes a huge difference in terms of decisions to develop for that platform. Previous software sales make a huge impact on decisions to market a franchise in a given territory.

The last Wipeout game released in physical format (Pulse on UMD) completely tanked in North America. WOHD has sold much more on PSN in Europe than in North America. Why would SCEA bother with localizing the BRD version?

This is one case where the status of Wipeout as a first party product hurts the franchise. It is entirely possible that a smaller third party software publisher would decide to bring a game like Wipeout to a new territory, just like Atlus often brings some of the more obscure Japanese RPGs to the U.S. For a corporate monster like Sony, no way is it worth the effort of obtaining ESRB, designing manuals, marketing, shipping and distribution etc.

Edit:

They've avoided the risk for so many years that they don't have any valid data to base their choices on.

Huh? Wipeout Pure was released by SCEA in 2005, Wipeout Pulse was released by SCEA in 2007, Wipeout HD was released by SCEA released in 2008. I'd say that's a quite a lot of data to make marketing decisions on ;) Much more than the amount of data that most publishers have to go on.

Lance
15th September 2009, 07:11 PM
I'm angry and biased. :g
And they haven't shown me the numbers on the real balance sheets. Or Any balance sheets.

Darkdrium777
15th September 2009, 07:16 PM
Why not import? It is region free, correct?Hi guy with no credit card.

Frances_Penfold
15th September 2009, 07:20 PM
Well, Lance, it IS frustrating not to see one's favorite games ignored in your home territory ;)

*shakes fist in air for SCEA's ignoring Pulse's DLC content*

Probably our anger should mostly be targeted towards the 20-35 year old gamer demography that is so enchanted with first-person shooters and bald space marines (no offense to WOZ'ers that like shooting games :) )

KIGO1987
15th September 2009, 07:21 PM
Sony's Marketing has worked for this long i think they are good. They are playing it safe and smart thats all. I think they are progressively doing to right thing. :)

Lance
15th September 2009, 07:23 PM
They've been losing bagfuls of money on their game division during the last couple of years. It's the only major division they have that lost money.

}mumbles something about tennis balls. :eek {

Darkdrium777
15th September 2009, 07:27 PM
Dude, WipEout Pulse tanked because there was no frigging advertising but this trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsyLVH9W4Q) that I happened to stumble upon a few years ago. Had I not seen that Pulse even existed, I myself wouldn't even have got it and stayed on PurE.
That's why it's ****ing stupid. If they market the BR release right, it will sell, just like PurE happened to be a success.

Sch@dows
15th September 2009, 07:29 PM
Hi guy with no credit card.

Can't you make a bank transfert ? I know that paypal accept bank transfert even when you have no credit card (but the transaction takes a week so you should alert the seller).
Otherwise, i'm sure someone with a credit card around you could help you. people here too, but i would be surprised if nobody in your family or friends had a credit card.

About the NA localization, i don't understand why would it be so difficult. After all, the english version will be available, no ? so texts, manual, and english cover will exist (I know there are subtle differences between english and american but is it that much ?

EDIT : I told a friend that WipEout will be release on BRD at 25€ and his 1st reaction was "25€ ... it should be a crappy game !". How did we get there ???!!!

Darkdrium777
15th September 2009, 07:31 PM
Oh, my parents do have credit cards all right. Good luck getting them to spend anywhere but on the PSN Store (By chance, Steam and the EA store were all right, but eBay or anything and having the physical goods shipped... D: ) and more than once in a while...

SaturnReturn
15th September 2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah I would love to see the Zone ship as playable - that would be great, as I loved this feature in Pure :)

Funny you should say that. I saw a Zone ship appear in an online game very recently. OK so it didn't move because the player had left the game and was flashing between normal colour and fluorescent green and was clearly a glitch, but I'm sure there's a rumour in there somewhere.

Not sure if I'd buy the disc or not. It would seem a little pointless for myself, but I could lend it to people and show them what they're missing out on. No-one in my real world has even heard of WipEout.

KIGO1987
15th September 2009, 07:40 PM
That a pretty sik trailer, i like it.

BTW DD ask if Arnaud can send it through the post or something, pay him back on paypal. (i wonder whats Arnaud up to these days).

Mietepiet
15th September 2009, 07:48 PM
@DD777: Since PS3 titles are insane overpriced in Holland, I buy all my titles from US, Canada or UK. Never had any problems with that (only that shipping takes 1 or 2 weeks). Is saves me € 20 per title.

Can't really understand your complaints.

Sausehuhn
15th September 2009, 07:49 PM
Is WOHD released on BRD or DVD, by the way? Just curious :)

Frances_Penfold
15th September 2009, 07:57 PM
They've been losing bagfuls of money on their game division during the last couple of years. It's the only major division they have that lost money.

Yes but that's because of the development costs associated with creation of the PS3 platform-- NOT because of software sales, which have actually been pretty reasonable given the installed base of the PS3 ;)

Dude, WipEout Pulse tanked because there was no frigging advertising but this trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXsyLVH9W4Q) that I happened to stumble upon a few years ago. Had I not seen that Pulse even existed, I myself wouldn't even have got it and stayed on PurE.
That's why it's ****ing stupid. If they market the BR release right, it will sell, just like PurE happened to be a success.

Of course I am just speculating but I highly doubt that a BRD version of WOHD would sell well in the U.S. or Canada.

Pulse *was* well advertised with prominent web-based advertising (IGN, Gamespot and elsewhere) as well as several long-winded entries to the official SCEA Playstation blog. It was showed off at gaming conferences, a demo UMD was sent around to the media, there were hands-on articles in the gaming press, and a downloadable demo was introduced very early after the release of the game. Yet Pulse tanked in the U.S. and never even did that well in PAL territories either.

There are a million reasons why Wipeout games have a small fan base in North America. Personally I think that sales of Wipeout Pure were inflated by that fact that it launched day and date with the PSP platform-- and the fact that a proper Wipeout game hadn't come to North America since PS1 days (sorry Fusion). Pulse obviously did not have that advantage.

But the larger issue is lack of interest in futuristic racing games in North America. F-zero GX is a brilliant game that completely flopped in North America as did several lesser known futuristic racing franchises released over the past 5-10 years. I just think that, at the end of the day, most U.S. and Canadian gamers prefer shooting games to arcad-ey racing games, sadly :(

Oh, my parents do have credit cards all right. Good luck getting them to spend anywhere but on the PSN Store (By chance, Steam and the EA store were all right, but eBay or anything and having the physical goods shipped... D: ) and more than once in a while...

At some point I will be ordering some stuff from the UK-- PSN cards and such. If you'd like help with importing just let me know :)

DawnFireDragoon
15th September 2009, 08:09 PM
never noticed that Edgewinter (one of the pulse dlc tracks) is featured in that trailer. Makes me suspicous they held back tracks to purposely sell as dlc afterwards. Or it just wasn't finished fully. interesting.

on topic. the game isn't region locked, so it's not a huge problem if your such a die hard fan that you want this disc copy. unlike pulse ps2, which was also not released in America, but was region locked to PAL systems.

Darkdrium777
15th September 2009, 08:35 PM
@DD777: Since PS3 titles are insane overpriced in Holland, I buy all my titles from US, Canada or UK. Never had any problems with that (only that shipping takes 1 or 2 weeks). Is saves me € 20 per title.

Can't really understand your complaints.Good ****ing job for you!
Now you see, I, personally I, can't order anything online at all like that, and my parents will never ever put their credit card details in PayPal, eBay, or whatever.

Now apparently saying I can't order stuff online is complaining, well I guess I'm doing some ****ing huge lot of complaining then.

I ****ing hate people twisting my words.

As for the help proposed, thanks, but that doesn't solve the main problem: I can't put in the credit card details on PayPal. So yeah, doesn't work.
But let's quit making this about me right?

finngers
15th September 2009, 08:37 PM
o_o chill mate

I read some of you post this was EU only, is that true (like actual confirmation)? I couldn't see a link or anything beyond the eurogamer one on the 3rd(?) page and don't want to go through like 9 pages again lol

SaturnReturn
15th September 2009, 08:46 PM
Darkdrium777 - I think you're right to be a bit miffed, perhaps even outraged. But do you know who's fault this travesty of justice really is? I do, that's easy.... LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSYipouABI)

Mietepiet
15th September 2009, 09:02 PM
@DD777: sorry man, didn't want to offend you. Just wanted to point that it's pretty safe ordering overseas (@ trustfull companies off course)

And the complaing was about the BRD not releasing in NA.

KIGO1987
15th September 2009, 09:38 PM
Darkdrium now has Flashback Jack's balls now XD.

You know what DD. **** it. Youve got Wipeout HD + Fury DLC. No real need to get the Disc version, unless it has some addition content over the PSN store version, which i doubt it does. I doubt it'll be seen on Aussie shores either.

The ****ing BluRay version should of came out last September, that is when i would of bought it, but now, **** it. Im happy with i sitting in my PS3 HDD, along with my other stuff.

RedScar
15th September 2009, 10:32 PM
Well the one thing you can do with the BRD is bring it to a buddies place to play WO. Its always frustrating that if we want to play it two player I have to bring my entire system.

Its just annoying that Sony doesn't even consider the NA fanbase even if it is small. This is why they lose customers. The next game I was planning on buying was Drake 2, but now I don't even wanna spend money on my PS3 and rather get another PC game. CoD:MW2 comes out soon enough.

Lance
15th September 2009, 11:06 PM
Yes but that's because of the development costs associated with creation of the PS3 platform-- NOT because of software sales, which have actually been pretty reasonable given the installed base of the PS3 ;)

If I recall correctly, the PS3 development was complete before 2 years ago, and as always, software sales are what is supposed to pay for the cost of the hardware being underpriced relative to its development and production costs; so the lack of software sales iS why they're losing money. Xbox has not had this problem, even though they originally had trouble getting market penetration in Japan, Sony's home territory, a problem which Microsoft had solved by last year. Sony should be going for sales of all their games in North America, IMO, niche or not.

Darkdrium777
15th September 2009, 11:34 PM
Right, so it's all because of Pulse huh? Tell me: have you seen WipEout HD at any E3, in a trailer? In fact, have you seen WipEout HD gameplay at Sony's conference for more than 10 seconds these past two years?

Come back to me and tell me they're doing an effort.

WipEout HD is ridiculously good quality for it's very affordable price (though it can always be better), and yet not a word from Sony since E3 2007... What did we get? Mention that there was the expansion, plus it's trailer. 3D WipEout HD, we know it's possible. Oh and the State Farm ads.

Which btw, if WipEout HD is so niche in North America, why would they even consider putting in advertisements in it? To piss the few people who love the game on this side of the ocean off?

Sch@dows
16th September 2009, 06:17 AM
Well the one thing you can do with the BRD is bring it to a buddies place to play WO. Its always frustrating that if we want to play it two player I have to bring my entire system.i don't havé this problem. When i go to a friend and need to play wohd, i just install my psn account (without "remember my pwd" nor "connect automatically") and i dl wohd + the license key (+fury). Sony permits that up to 5 PS3 (when trying to dl from a 6th system a message asks you to disactivate at least 1 activated system preventing you from dling). I don't know if the game still run offline when the psn account which bought the game has been disactivated, but know i have wohd installed at my friends places and that's great.

RedScar
16th September 2009, 12:45 PM
"It is prohibited by the EULA of the PSN to share password and login information to your account.
Doing so can get you banned from the PSN."

This is what DD777 stated in another thread about "game sharing" which is what you described. To the best of my knowledge this is true, although I haven't read the entire EULA in detail.

Darkdrium777
16th September 2009, 12:46 PM
Yes, but there's a difference between giving out your login information to someone else, and physically going there and entering it yourself (thus keeping your information secret if you delete the password after you've finished accessing your account. :)

Sch@dows
16th September 2009, 12:52 PM
Excatly. If even i trust the people, i don't want to be disconnected just because one of them would have connected with my account.
I don't save the password when creating & connecting to my account at their house.

The only problem is that I'm limited up to 5 systems, and that I need to wait for the game to dl the first time.

RJ O'Connell
16th September 2009, 01:02 PM
€20 isn't a bad price at all, importing it would be just a bit more than the cost of buying HD and Fury from the PlayStation Store in the 'States ($29.98).

I don't know if its worth it right now though, seeing as I already have the game. >_>

Sch@dows
16th September 2009, 01:10 PM
€20 isn't a bad price at all20£ or 25€ which is already (here in europe) less than HD + Fury (28€).

amplificated
16th September 2009, 03:04 PM
Hi guy with no credit card.

Do you guys have debit cards in Canada? A Visa or Master debit card can be used just like a credit card to buy things online, and anyone can have one because you spend your own money, not the banks.

I'm sure your parents wouldn't have too much of a problem since it's your own money, either.

Darkdrium777
16th September 2009, 03:12 PM
Come on already. :rolleyes:
Yes, I have a debit card; no, it isn't Visa or Master card, and isn't supported by online stores.

I can't order stuff online, how many times do I have to say it? Are people going to bother to read? Or do I have to keep saying the same thing over and over again to the point of annoyance for both parties? I've already been told not to do that, but apparently it seems some people need repetition.

Please, for the last time: I can't order stuff online, or re-reimburse people who do so for me. I, personally, myself, with my own means, can't.

Ok?

Now, this thread is about WipEout HD on blu-Ray, for which I'm angry at SCEA for not even trying to bother to release it in North America, and for completely botching any publicity they could have done for WipEout HD. Yes, I would get it on disc if I could, because like I said: WipEout HD is listed a subscription service on the PS3, and I fear it could be terminated at any moment, so I would wish to be able to play the disc version whenever the download version stops working (If ever, but I prefer to not have to worry.) Unfortunately, once again I can't because SCEA are retards and don't know how to spot good games and deals. And WipEout HD + Fury on blu-Ray is an awesome deal.

amplificated
16th September 2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry, I only read back a page or so and didn't see you mention that.

Fair enough. I'd say you're probably in a minority on this matter, though; not that that changes anything.

Actually one last thing... and no, I can't be bothered searching for it, can't you access your bank online and send funds between bank accounts? It's a little more complicated I suppose, but should allow you to send money to anyone, which would be handy for reimbursements. If you don't have that ability, just don't respond, I don't mind :P

more editing...
failing that, it *may* be possible to ask a local game store to import the game for you.

Darkdrium777
16th September 2009, 03:22 PM
I can probably do that, I would have no idea how though.

amplificated
16th September 2009, 03:26 PM
I can probably do that, I would have no idea how though.

You could always ring up your bank's help line.

abukii
16th September 2009, 04:21 PM
...or get a pre-paid credit card?

Darkdrium777
16th September 2009, 04:25 PM
All right, this is my last post in this thread because it's being derailed way too much:

Please stop posting about my inability to currently purchase things online on my own, in any way, shape or form. This thread isn't about that. Whenever I need help I'll open up a thread about it.

Lance
16th September 2009, 04:29 PM
Fair enough. I'd say you're probably in a minority on this matter, though; not that that changes anything.

I also have no credit card, though for different reasons.

And speaking of minorities, I have always found myself in at least 3 or 4 minorities simultaneously, and no matter how many decades that goes on, it does not diminish my anger at those who continually ignore what I want because they're cheap [greedy for maximal profit at minimum expenditure, and hence cater only to the largest segment of the market], or lazy. Or too self-centred and irresponsible to give a damn about anyone else.

}temporary end of rant{ :g

ProblemSolver
16th September 2009, 07:40 PM
For the time being I prefer the DL version, but I would like to see a retail version
simply because I wanna assure myself that I can play this game in 10 - 20 years
time when the PS3 isn't supported any longer and the PSN is something beyond.
Personally, I don't like the emulator-way because they never reproduce a game
to the degree it was done on the given hardware. Hence, I would love to see an
addition retail version that can be fully installed on the hard disc as well. Hopefully,
they (SL) will implement a LAN feature further down the road.... Otherwise the
WipEout HD online community / component will be dead in a few years time.
Sure there will be another WipEout on a possible PS4, but without a retail version
and a LAN feature these bits and bytes comprising WipEout HD will fade away for
all of us ... someday.

And now the LAN feature! :)

Lance
16th September 2009, 08:20 PM
Are you taking credit for the Blu-Ray release? ;)
And hoping lightning strikes the same spot twice?

ProblemSolver
17th September 2009, 04:53 AM
:nod

I don't think we will see a LAN option. But anyways, having the game on BD
makes it fully independent from the Playstation Network. :)

Spaceboy Gajo
17th September 2009, 05:11 AM
This is great news for completionists and parents looking for a cheap game to get their kids for Christmas.

I'm with DD on this one when it comes to being wary of DLC/digital copies. Worried that one day Sony will send the master signal to shut off the game. We've seen Palpy do it the battle droids in Revenge of the Sith ;)

Seriously, wouldn't a Blu-ray disc load slower than having already bought the game and the DLC? I'm assuming that you're not going to copy the entire game onto the hard drive during the typical PS3 installation procedure.

As for Sony and their relationship with Wipeout, I've given up on worrying about Sony's decisions on promoting the franchise. I'm just happy they release the game at all in my neck of the woods and that they still make new games. With that said, and what I opened my post with, it would've been great to have released Wipeout HD on Blu-ray here in North America (thank you to Frances for not leaving Canada out ;) ) as a budget title. Perhaps it would help the numbers here? Just as it was said earlier of Pure and the PSP's launch?

Also, who's to say that SCEE and SCEA don't have some sort of handshake agreement to stop us pesky importers from getting the game and forcing us to use PSN to get Wipeout HD? It's not like it hasn't happened before (http://kotaku.com/5345288/sega-yes-bayonetta-will-be-region-locked).

Any ways, the news has piqued my interest in obtaining a physical copy. However I fear that may lead to that slippery slope of being a completionist :P Well at least just enough to get one copy of every installment of the Wipeout franchise.

RedScar
17th September 2009, 05:29 AM
Dam, Mississauga. I didn't know another wiper was so close to little old me.

I can just see two men in suits making some stupid agreement to stop importers between EU and NA. Then they smoke cigars lit with $100 dollar bills while listening to the sound of babies cry while they laugh histerically.

Wow really? Bayonetta will be regional locked! I'm not a huge fan of that style of game and wasn't waiting to buy it anyway, but that is still a bitch move on Sega's part.
"The reason? It would impact sales of the game outside of Japan, we were told."
Who cares where its sold so long as it is sold? Apparently Sega and sony, lol.
Game does look good, I will probably rent when it comes to NA.

Sch@dows
17th September 2009, 06:11 AM
Wow really? Bayonetta will be regional locked! I'm not a huge fan of that style of game and wasn't waiting to buy it anyway, but that is still a bitch move on Sega's part.
"The reason? It would impact sales of the game outside of Japan, we were told."
Who cares where its sold so long as it is sold? Apparently Sega and sony, lol.the problem is that it's not necessarly the same company which distribute thé game from one region to another. For exemple, in France (maybe in Europe), SoulCalibur 4, a namco game, is distributed by Ubisoft. So profit won't go to the same people, and without region lock those company would refuse to buy the rights for distribution.

krioto
17th September 2009, 12:52 PM
Gamesaves are not transferrable between the downloaded game vs blu-ray version - damn:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/17/wipeout-hd-fury-coming-to-blu-ray/#comments

Sch@dows
17th September 2009, 01:06 PM
to bad but you just have to start the campain (and trophies) again
At least online record are associated to the PSN account whichever version you play with (when record will be updated >_<)

At least we know now that a WipEout HD & Fury bundle will also be available in digital format on the PSN at the same price. I still don't understand the reason for the "same price"... why psn games aren't cheaper than the physical one ?
There are less charges and less people between sony and the customer who could have taken their part.

That way, you're sure to push people to get the BRD version instead of the PSN one.

abukii
17th September 2009, 02:07 PM
The BD is a litte more expensive...1 pound 50 , I think. I know its $3.00 usd more. My guess is the extra 3 dollars will cover the BD casing and manual/art.

I kinda figured that the game saves werent transferable. Oh well...I still want it for my inevitable Slim purchase:nod

Lance
17th September 2009, 02:25 PM
"I still don't understand the reason for the "same price"... why psn games aren't cheaper than the physical one ?
There are less charges and less people between sony and the customer who could have taken their part."

More profit.

Which is pretty much always the answer to why a corporation does anything the way it does.

Cynical? Me? Yes.

ACE-FLO
17th September 2009, 02:29 PM
I share that cynicism Lance - I was all for PSN downlaoded games - but only if they were going to be cheaper. This strategy of theirs is a totla suck! How can they charge the same £ for a PSN version is beyond me!!! No, it isn't - they are greedy fat pigs who want to reward themselves with huge bonuses at the end of the financial year - justified by overwhelming profits in comparison to previous years!!! Bastards!!! All of them!!!

Sch@dows
17th September 2009, 02:30 PM
The BD is a litte more expensive...1 pound 50 , I think. I know its $3.00 usd more. My guess is the extra 3 dollars will cover the BD casing and manual/art.The PSN release was :
HD = 17,90€
Fury = 9,90€
Total = 27,80€
The BRD release will be 24,90€ (cheaper) but same digital bundle will be available on the PSN for the same price (24,90€). So it doesn't cover the cover and distribution charges.

More profit.

Which is pretty much always the answer to why a corporation does anything the way it does.

Cynical? Me? Yes.I know that way Sony will make more profit, but are they trying to push people to buy digital games and use the PSN as a sale platform ?
Their strategy is doing the exact opposite.

Lance
17th September 2009, 02:35 PM
It's what the PSP-Go is about, eliminating independent user-owned content. I can see it now, the PS4 that can only play downloaded content. Content which can be altered, restricted, adverted, et cetera at the whim of the company, so the person who pays for it has no control or rights at all.

Sch@dows
17th September 2009, 02:48 PM
AS PSP-Go, there will be a massive boycott of the console if they decide to sell digital games only.
vidego game stores and supermarket won't sell a hardware over what they won't make profit.
Will PS4 only be sold online too ?

It's the same problem as music and videos, "why bying digital data when majors are trying to scam us ?" is something that came back often.

Lance
17th September 2009, 02:53 PM
Very good point, if the physical game stores are destroyed and the Wal-Marts of the world will not be able to sell the games, who will want to sell the consoles in a real live store?

Sch@dows
17th September 2009, 03:25 PM
That the actual problem with the PSP-Go. At least in France, I know that some stores will keep selling exclusively the PSP-2000.
"If they sell their games exclusively online, they just have to sell their consoles their too".

Sony is still in the process of releasing PSN Cards in Europe, so they can't tell stores yet "you could sell PSN Cards or games coupon instead of the actual games".

Xavier
17th September 2009, 03:35 PM
I want the Blu-Ray disc, without question. With just about every game I buy, I find myself wanting to play it again and again years after I first bought it -- I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII on the PS2 ten years after it came out!

Fortunately the PS2 can handle physical PS1 discs, which are hard to find in stores now. I can easily imagine Sony no longer supporting online content ten years from now, and then how will anyone lplay WOHD? A disc, on the other hand, works as long as you keep it in good condition.

Sch@dows
17th September 2009, 03:42 PM
there won't be anyone playing WOHD online in ten years if another game is released in the meantime, and you can still play offline if you keep your digital release.
The real problem is if you need space and delete WOHD just to find out that the game isn't avaible anymore on the PSN ...

Well, I will live with it ^_~

Kaede
17th September 2009, 03:54 PM
I haven't looked into it, but there might be a way to backup your PS3 download games data, since the PS3 hard drive is something standard that you could very well put inside a PC ?
The only obstacle could be these annoying DRMs and online activations.

Sch@dows
17th September 2009, 04:17 PM
You can backup your entire system with the console's backup utility or you can export/import wipeout saved data with a usb key (at least it works for phantom data but i don't know for the campain and best personal times.

Some games have restrictions like guitar heroes.

ProblemSolver
18th September 2009, 11:42 AM
... but there might be a way to backup your PS3 download games data, ... The only obstacle could be these annoying DRMs and online activations.
The problem with this solution is that one can only restore DRM protected
content on the same PS3 where the backup was taken from.

DawnFireDragoon
18th September 2009, 07:42 PM
has anyone posted this yet, confirmation of the blu-ray version been made available in Aussie:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/17/wipeout-hd-fury-coming-to-blu-ray/comment-page-2/#comments

a few comments down.

:)

KIGO1987
18th September 2009, 11:02 PM
Fu-ck yeah!!!! Xd

AG-wolf
28th September 2009, 01:32 PM
The idea of digital-download content is a little sketchy for me, only because it is on a medium which can fail. A disc, provided it isn't in extreme humidity and heat, will pretty much last indefinitely... don't scratch it and it'll work the same twenty years from now (well... providing the machine to play it ON still works ;) ). I would love to have a disc of Wipeout HD...

Is this being released in multiple countries or only in PAL territories? Are PS3 games region-free?

Mietepiet
28th September 2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah I haven't seen any with region codes yet. Importing most of my titles from US and Canada to Europe.
And it's not being released in the US (as you can read on the previous pages)

KIGO1987
28th September 2009, 01:49 PM
Don't really want to tell you this AG-Wolf, its not going to the US or Canada :paperbag

But Blackwiggle has told me, only one retail outlet is selling Wipeout HD/Fury on BluRay in Australia on the 16th of October (JB-Hi-Fi are the folks)

Sch@dows
28th September 2009, 01:52 PM
The game will be released only in PAL territories (for the moment) but PS3 games are region free.

I don't agree with the "optical media lasting forever" but that's another story n_n

DawnFireDragoon
28th September 2009, 03:41 PM
as Kigo mentioned:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps3/wipeout-hd-fury-jb-exclusive/460178

if that is indeed the final box art, then it's cool, but it's using the old standard ps3 layout, instead of the new slim design. which must mean the product was finished and pressed a while ago as i believe other new games like uncharted 2 are using the new layout.

here's a good example of the new layout:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/102/1021005/godofwar_1251922996.jpg

ProblemSolver
28th September 2009, 11:24 PM
... http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps3/wipeout-hd-fury-jb-exclusive/460178...
1 / :+ (= meh)

Skvall
29th September 2009, 10:28 PM
The first thing I was thinking about was that I hoped the saves will be compatible between the PSN version and the Blu-ray version.

But it seems it wont be. Made me less interested in buying another copy of the game. :/

DawnFireDragoon
5th October 2009, 12:31 AM
so i guess sony and studio liverpool are going for the whole stealth release thing with this again. what is it now, two weeks to release and no more info, promo material, trailers....nothing.

Gran Turismo 5 is coming out one day this millenium, here's 5 more screenshots

wipeout hd fury out on blu-ray in a couple of weeks.

Lance
5th October 2009, 02:51 AM
I think you're exaggerating. ;) The part about WipEout wouldn't even be visible in print.

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 04:17 AM
so i guess sony and studio liverpool are going for the whole stealth release thing with this again. what is it now, two weeks to release and no more info, promo material, trailers....nothing.

Gran Turismo 5 is coming out one day this millenium, here's 5 more screenshots

wipeout hd fury out on blu-ray in a couple of weeks.

Gran Turismo 5 is due to come out on March the 1st, 2010.

With highly likely some more delays involved, you always get delays involved with any Gran Turismo title, cant do anything about it, you know they are making the game even better by the release date constantly getting shifted forward all the time. Plus get Gran Turismo PSP in the mean time to kill some time :)

Sch@dows
5th October 2009, 07:08 AM
... get Gran Turismo PSP in the mean time to kill some time :)Don't it is a total scam !!
There is nothing more to do when you have complete the Driving Challenge (Like Driving licenses in previous games).
No career/gt/campain mode (you can still choose your car and track and play against the 3 oppenents), no car customization (you can tweak some parameters but no piece replacement), no online mode, no online synchronization for times, can't view more than 4 dealers store on the same GT's day ...

I don't understand who allowed them to release such a incomplete tite -__-'

Back to Wipeout, I also don't understand what's to meaning to release a BRD version if there is no communicationnor ads about it T_T

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 07:21 AM
I think you have watch too many of those cunty review trailers videos, with the fuktard narrator or reviewer, or total knobhead, rips into the game that the old Volkwagen Bettle can only hit 70mph. Then he goes on about how slow the Daihatsu Midget is. **** me. no ****. and grass is green and the sky is blue. They get payed buy certain entities to dis other games on other consoles.

The game is on a portable console, so you are not going to get a Gran Turismo 4 sized game. Its got the graphics of Ridge Racer on the PSP, and it has a patchy points on some parts of the track, but the game is running at a continuous 60fps. Which is top of the mark on portable gaming units. Plus future DLC and updates with offer more to the game, like with the addition 3 teams and 4 tracks to that of Wipeout Pulse.

BD Wipeout shouldnt be too long until its available here :)

Sch@dows
5th October 2009, 08:24 AM
I think you have watch too many of those cunty review trailers videos, with the fuktard narrator or reviewer, or total knobhead, rips into the game that the old Volkwagen Bettle can only hit 70mph. Then he goes on about how slow the Daihatsu Midget is. **** me. no ****. and grass is green and the sky is blue. They get payed buy certain entities to dis other games on other consoles.

The game is on a portable console, so you are not going to get a Gran Turismo 4 sized game. Its got the graphics of Ridge Racer on the PSP, and it has a patchy points on some parts of the track, but the game is running at a continuous 60fps. Which is top of the mark on portable gaming units. Plus future DLC and updates with offer more to the game, like with the addition 3 teams and 4 tracks to that of Wipeout Pulse.I didn't see any tests before playing (but i've seen videos from gamescon and TGS).
The game is beautiful, I would say between GT2 and GT3, no doubt about it but ... what's the point of having a beautiful but empty game -__-'
Apart from the Driving Challenges (but you mostly have to run on small part of tracks), there is no single player mode. That's not something where PS2/3 or PSP matters, it's just some menus and predefined races/difficulties. The game don't even use the full available space on the UMD (50% only).

We don't have to help sony find excuses (where are the online games apart from Pulse when there are a lot of them on DS ? At least put an online scoreboard even as bad a the WipEout HD's one).

If you have a link to an official comment about future DLC for GT, I would be please to see it, but if it is about new cars only, I don't care (I still haven't bought any since there is no need for the only playable mode). In fact, even if I did see that article I wouldn't trust their word until the rabbit is out of the hat (Some people are still waiting for the online add-on of GT4 which was promised when the game was release without the functionality >___<)

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 09:32 AM
online Gran Turismo 4 was a trial, for a limit time period, wasnt renewed after a period of time.

Gran Turismo PSP is fine, its one of the best Playstation Portable games out there, im comparing this game to other PSP games, since its a portable game not a full console game. Its made for more casual gamers more than anything, who like to pop on the PSP for an hour, then bugger off and do some latter on (like during lunch breaks at work and tedious uni lectures).

This game almost wasnt going to come out, im happy it did, i wanted it back in high school but it is out, and its a convenient packaged game, with few errors inside of it.

Sch@dows
5th October 2009, 10:08 AM
GT4 Online wasn't even a trial (although it was only working for a 2 month), it was a beta test for 5000 selected japanese players. But the online functionnality was said to be included in the game before being released, and said to be added later (add-disc?) when it was not found in the released version. Unfortunately, never happen.

Also, I don't see why a portable game should be less than a "living-room" console game other from the graphics. The fact the console is portable don't prevent it from being complete (moreover when the media is only used up to 50%). Doesn't Pure or Pulse have a full single-player campain ? doesn't pulse have online (as poor as it is) ?
The only thing I agree is that a portable game should allow short game sessions (~15 mins) for people playing during lunch, or when going to work/home. In that regards, championships, must allow the player to save its progression between each races (and that what pulse does automatically).

I also waited for this game for a long time, and I'm very disappointed to find another "Prologue" instead of a full GT (it isn't even near). I'm sure to sell it as soon as i will have completed the driving challenges in gold (currently at block N).

Again, that's only my opinion. I can (hardly) understand that someone is satisfied with the game if (s)he didn't have high expectation for it, but please don't find excuses or justify Polyphony Digital lazyness.

Back to the topic, I've asked to the local video game seller (Micromania for those who know) and although they know the game will be release on BRD, they still don't know when it will be orderable from Sony's stock, so they don't know when it will be available. It may be an isolated case, but ohterwise, this is an explicit demonstration of Sony's lack of communication around the game.

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 10:16 AM
Do you happen to own a copy of Gran Turismo PSP?

Sch@dows
5th October 2009, 11:22 AM
Despite the fact I have a custom firmware, I also buy some games (Wipeout Pure (my 1st psp game) & Pulse, god of war, ridge racers, daxter, metal gear ac!d 1 & spec ops, patapon 1 & 2, Gundam ZAFT vs OMNI, etc.), not all ok, but some on which I spent good time (usually bought as used ... just Ridger racers, Pure, Daxter and GT as new). So I pre-ordered Gran Turismo (still haven't downloaded the bonus cars tough) thinking it was THE game I was waiting for all these years (the normal edition not the special one).
If someone have a digital copy of the game, does loading time seems long to you too ?

DawnFireDragoon
5th October 2009, 11:57 AM
I think you're exaggerating. ;) The part about WipEout wouldn't even be visible in print.

:lol

on the plus side, they actually bothered to update a wipeout site, with the box art, clearly the one it was rumoured to be...

http://www.wipeouthd.com/en_GB/index.html

Sch@dows
5th October 2009, 12:02 PM
tjhe release date isn't specified anymore (This fall).

Darkdrium777
5th October 2009, 03:41 PM
they actually bothered to update a wipeout siteWow. And nobody spotted this (http://www.wipeouthd.com/fury/)? Or I didn't read enough.

eLhabib
5th October 2009, 03:45 PM
WAAAAH! :eek
*faints*

Darkdrium777
5th October 2009, 04:09 PM
You ok? :lol

I must say it's a pretty awesome fury-iezed website. :)

KIGO1987
5th October 2009, 04:30 PM
That pretty sik actually :g

Can't stop listening to the The Touch - Le Night Dominator :rock

Mad-Ice
5th October 2009, 06:41 PM
No I think you were one of the first to spot it! Lol, thanks mate. Very nice edition to the website.

DawnFireDragoon
5th October 2009, 08:09 PM
yeah, i spotted that, but kinda asumed someone would've posted it already, as fury has been out a while. :)

someone somewhere needs to get this kinda news out to gaming websites or something. i know wipeout isn't a hugely popular thing, but it's a massive series in terms of how many games have been released, it's still going and each new game is a technical triumph for each system it's on. wipeout desereves better. instead, we fans, stumble upon the odd thing now and then and tell each other....and we're the 'big' fans who go looking for this type of thing.

is it so hard for the powers that be to drop an e-mail to a few big name websites to get the buzz going.

sigh.

Darkdrium777
5th October 2009, 09:51 PM
Welcome to a few months ago when I talk about communication in general (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6233)... :|

ProblemSolver
6th October 2009, 09:52 AM
... Can't stop listening to the The Touch - Le Night Dominator :rockLuv dat 2.

NightArh
6th October 2009, 10:01 AM
Nice track

DawnFireDragoon
7th October 2009, 09:55 PM
so, anyone in the know, where am i supposed to be able to buy this from in the UK, it's not on any web sites yet and it's out in a week and a bit????

Mu5
7th October 2009, 11:18 PM
When I was the Touches myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/thetouchse) I seen you could download them on beatport :+

ProblemSolver
7th October 2009, 11:38 PM
lol thx :+

Rapier Racer
8th October 2009, 06:50 PM
I was just about to say, where is it? Who is selling it? Another well communicated piece of product from SCEE your credentials just keep spiraling upwards don't they?

Lance
8th October 2009, 07:24 PM
Upwards? Like lost in a tornado, do you mean?

DawnFireDragoon
8th October 2009, 10:21 PM
whats this mysterious SCEE you speak of, never heard of it. :D

Lance
9th October 2009, 01:23 AM
Sony Computer Entertainment, Europe

Sony Computer Entertainment, America is their horrible, insensitive, evil, bastard child.

----

Better SCEE than ski?

Sch@dows
9th October 2009, 08:20 AM
I can only find it on a french specialized store site :
http://micromania.com/vente/achat_wipeout-hd_Jeu-40054-PS3.html

Hemicrania
9th October 2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/games/wipeout-hd/1004004007140868/index.html (release date on the right, 16-10) same as uncharted..

I think Sony is gonna apply the same tactic as what they did with Siren-bloodcurse.

Darkdrium777
9th October 2009, 02:28 PM
Better SCEE than ski?SKEE? Yeah that works :lol

Now we need to build a mountain and a ski trail that goes across the Atlantic Ocean. I want my BRD of WipEout HD :mad: :(

ProblemSolver
9th October 2009, 02:36 PM
I can send you a copy over to Canada if you like. I'm going to buy two copies anyways.

Darkdrium777
9th October 2009, 02:46 PM
I have received offers already, I will contemplate this opportunity. I don't want to be a leech ;)

MiguelX69
9th October 2009, 06:09 PM
Sony/Studio Liverpool said that October, 16th the game would be released on Blu-Ray Disc and on the same day, a Bundle with both Wipeout HD + Fury... But, the bundle's out today! It would be a hell of a surprise if the BR-Disc edition is out today (or tomorow since today it's too late know xD

Sch@dows
10th October 2009, 07:17 PM
wait, where did you see that bundle ? I just checked the US and EUR PSS, and it wasn't there even with the search functionnality (sometimes wee can find that way new games still not added to the "recent games" screen).

DrMannevond
10th October 2009, 09:13 PM
I saw it too on the european store yesterday, but now it's gone:eek

blackwiggle
11th October 2009, 12:26 AM
It's released on the 14th.
And it can depend how you enter the Pstore as to if you will see it.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6901

yeldar2097
11th October 2009, 01:05 AM
Are there any actual advantages to buying the Blu-Ray version besides supporting SL (which is pretty much the only reason I'm getting it)?

Mietepiet
11th October 2009, 01:32 AM
The biggest advantage is instead of just booting it, now you gotta walk all the way to your system and put the disc in first. Good exercise!!!:hyper

blackwiggle
11th October 2009, 02:16 AM
The advantage would be that you can take the game around to friends places that have a PS3 but not HD,so they could try it.
Just like the old days.:D
Or those that don't have consoles internet connected.

Some people have an aversion to the PStore and any sort of internet funds transfer or financial information being linked to a gaming console,we had a few that said this at this and other forums before HD was released,so this will be the chance for those people to finally get the game.
[That's if it is promoted and they get to find out of it's availability]

It's easier to take a disc with you on holiday than a console,just in case you end up at a place that has a PS3 you can use.

When the PS3 is just a memory it will be far easier to put a disc version of HD into any future console for a quick blast,much like we do now with all the other Wipeouts .

It's a safeguard against possible further stupid business decisions made by SCEA that will undoubtedly have a detrimental effect on Wipeout,if past actions are taken into account.

Koleax
11th October 2009, 02:23 AM
Are there any actual advantages to buying the Blu-Ray version besides supporting SL (which is pretty much the only reason I'm getting it)?

You mean, you don't think discs are the greatest thing ever and mourn the trend toward downloaded games?

DawnFireDragoon
11th October 2009, 01:12 PM
i wandered if anyone knew who was actually responsible for the blu-ray version, as i know pulse ps2 was not studio liverpool, it was handed off to someone else to do the port, and while they improved graphics, the game was buggy as fusion...so i'm a tad worried if someone else is making the blu-ray package of this too...though i understand it's a different thing altogether.

i don't think anyone from Studio Liverpool has chipped in on the whole blu-ray release thing yet have they?

and here it is for sale in two places in the UK, i've been checking these sites almost daily and just spotted them today!! :)

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/PS3/Racing/~r417650/Wipeout-HD/

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Racing/~r344131/Wipeout-HD/?s=wipeout%20hd

Rapier Racer
11th October 2009, 03:06 PM
It is a different thing altogether, all they are doing is putting the game plus expansion on disk, how hard can it be? 5 minute job? They are not handing it off look at the logos on the box.

ProblemSolver
11th October 2009, 03:11 PM
At least the cover was a five minutes job. I don't like it, looks rather bland.

Skvall
11th October 2009, 03:16 PM
lol

And I kind of like the cover. Or.. I definitely dont think its BAD.

Still dissapointed over the fact that the savefile wont work on BD version though.

DawnFireDragoon
11th October 2009, 03:46 PM
yeah, i like the cover. lately the wipeout art has moved to swirly lines and neon-y stuff and i much prefer the older sharp style. see original game and 2097 for perfect examples of pure awesome.

this is somewhere in between and i can live with it. i think i agree with the 'it's not BAD' sentiment.

also, Rapier Racer, my copy of pulse ps2 has the studio liverpool logo on the box too, as they actually made the original game, showing the logo means nothing, but i know what you mean, it's likely they're just burning the content onto a blu-ray. still i'd like to know. :)

Marine Boy
12th October 2009, 09:18 PM
lol

And I kind of like the cover. Or.. I definitely dont think its BAD.

Still dissapointed over the fact that the savefile wont work on BD version though.

That's a real downer. I'll probably buy it just for completeness, but really wanted to be able to actually use it!

Sch@dows
13th October 2009, 06:25 AM
The saves won't be compatible because of the game id which will be different, but is it the same for the trophies ? Will it give twice the trophies for the players who own the PSN and BRD version ?

ProblemSolver
13th October 2009, 12:48 PM
I think this will be the case -- different sets of trophies.

QjonPL
13th October 2009, 04:36 PM
Smart move from SONY - some of the PSN version owners will buy a BD one just for getting next Platinum Trophy :D

ProblemSolver
13th October 2009, 04:46 PM
Like with this game here; Terminator Salvation (trophies) (http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/terminator-salvation/trophies/).
One can buy about seven different versions of this game.

brainbeat
13th October 2009, 05:07 PM
i,ve got 2 sets of mega drive trophies, my m8 had the us one so when it came out over here i bought uk one did it and swapped with him, very sad i know but i was obsessed at the time, no0t had a platinum in months now was getting 1 or 2 aweek when i was going for it. lol i cant see many trophy whores doing it again though, they usaully do easy games, eg, kingofallgames 30 or 40 plus platinum, (but no wipeout),

MiguelX69
13th October 2009, 09:43 PM
wait, where did you see that bundle ? I just checked the US and EUR PSS, and it wasn't there even with the search functionnality (sometimes wee can find that way new games still not added to the "recent games" screen).

like here DrMannevoud said...

I saw it too on the european store yesterday, but now it's gone:eek

... It was on my Portuguese PS Store... now it's gone... I asked that to Joey Payne, one of Sony's Product Manager, but the lazy B@ST@RD (sorry for the term) doen't tell me anything... we ask him things and get no awnser :@

DawnFireDragoon
15th October 2009, 11:13 AM
Well i have a copy!!! :)

just thought i'd drop a few comments before work, so i haven't got time to give it a actual play.

1. it's a nice looking package, nice to have a solid disc version.
2. the cover art seen here and there is almost acurate. it's the old ps3 package design, not the new slim. also there's a big round 'online combat racing for up to 8 players' under the fury text...which is not a sticker, it's actually part of the cover!!! :(
3. back cover is the HD/Fury split thme again....the slogan is 'adrenaline begins where gravity ends'
4. interior art is that swirly black and white style some like, but i personally think isn't very 'wipeout' at all.
5. instructions are black and white and about 6 double sided pages long!
6. disc is the hd/fury theme as well.
7. i don't have a functioning camera to take any pics. sorry guys.

if you're a collector, get a copy. i got one delivered a day early from gamestation UK.

nice.

edit* the box brags about the 'giant online ranking system' so i guess thats why they had to fix it lately!!!! :)

supersocks
15th October 2009, 01:28 PM
Saw a copy in local supermarket yesterday:

http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/wipeout/mothdbd.jpg

Yes, it's apparently the store overpricing it, not Sony.

Sch@dows
15th October 2009, 01:56 PM
is it a fake, or did your local supermarket made a mistake in the price ?

MiguelX69
15th October 2009, 02:02 PM
Well i have a copy!!! :)

just thought i'd drop a few comments before work, so i haven't got time to give it a actual play.

1. it's a nice looking package, nice to have a solid disc version.
2. the cover art seen here and there is almost acurate. it's the old ps3 package design, not the new slim. also there's a big round 'online combat racing for up to 8 players' under the fury text...which is not a sticker, it's actually part of the cover!!! :(
3. back cover is the HD/Fury split thme again....the slogan is 'adrenaline begins where gravity ends'
4. interior art is that swirly black and white style some like, but i personally think isn't very 'wipeout' at all.
6. disc is the hd/fury theme as well.
7. i don't have a functioning camera to take any pics. sorry guys.

if you're a collector, get a copy. i got one delivered a day early from gamestation UK.

nice.

edit* the box brags about the 'giant online ranking system' so i guess thats why they had to fix it lately!!!! :)

Hum... the game's out tomorrow and you alreaddy got it? i'm going to a shop now!

Saw a copy in local supermarket yesterday:

http://www.omamoka.com/stuff/wipeout/mothdbd.jpg

Don't give me a heart atack...

is it a fake, or did your local supermarket made a mistake in the price ?

I pray that's fake or error! I ain't giving a F***ING 70€for a 25€ GARANTEED game!

Sch@dows
15th October 2009, 02:11 PM
At least you could say that way digital content sales would explode >_<
(still don't understand Sony's logic behind selling digital games at the same price as boxed games)

supersocks
15th October 2009, 02:13 PM
It's real. Didn't ask about the price what it actually should be. Online shops sell it here for around 30 euros which sounds about right. Considering it was the only shop out of 4 selling it they must have just dumped the new stuff to the shelf and automatically put new stuff price tags in them.

Just a reminder how it was supposed to be a medium-priced PSN-only release. :)

Asayyeah
15th October 2009, 02:16 PM
Supermarket also in France may OVErprice it as they usually do on few games which aren't blockbusters and aren't sold at the PS3 price ( 60/70 €) : they are counting on the lake of knowledge from their customers.
that sucks big time.
Hannu don't pay it that price it won't go into the SL wallet but your retailer's one :(

supersocks
15th October 2009, 02:24 PM
Asa.

The fact that I happen to like wip3out the most doesn't make me a complete idiot. :D

ProblemSolver
15th October 2009, 02:24 PM
Available at amazon.fr; http://www.amazon.fr/Sony-Wipeout-HD/dp/B002NX0TMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1255461296&sr=8-1

24,75 EUR

Asayyeah
15th October 2009, 02:28 PM
Lol Sox :D

Sch@dows
15th October 2009, 02:33 PM
Available at amazon.fr; http://www.amazon.fr/Sony-Wipeout-HD/dp/B002NX0TMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1255461296&sr=8-1

24,75 EUR... and free shipping for french people ... interesting >_<

MiguelX69
15th October 2009, 02:40 PM
At least you could say that way digital content sales would explode >_<
(still don't understand Sony's logic behind selling digital games at the same price as boxed games)

Burnout paradise ultimate box was announced at 35 euros and was released at 35 euros! why the hell would wipeout had this insane price?

Man oh man this is going wrong! WAY WRONG!

Kurlija
15th October 2009, 07:06 PM

Anything else in there besides instructions? Some art or fun info here and there? :P

Sch@dows
15th October 2009, 07:53 PM
I just checked the French PSS, and the bundle was available at 24,90€ but was marked as if already purchased it, since I already bought HD and Fury.

KGB
15th October 2009, 08:28 PM
Tried looking for this on UK Amazon, and guess what...can't find it. Why is this not a surprise.

Anyone know who is selling it in the UK?

EDIT: found it http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Racing/~r344131/Wipeout-HD/?s=wipeout%20hd

Sch@dows
15th October 2009, 08:47 PM
http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Racing/~r344131/Wipeout-HD/?s=wipeout

Too bad it's not on play.com

MiguelX69
15th October 2009, 08:50 PM
Tried looking for this on UK Amazon, and guess what...can't find it. Why is this not a surprise.

Anyone know who is selling it in the UK?

EDIT: found it http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Racing/~r344131/Wipeout-HD/?s=wipeout%20hd

HURRAY!! I LOVE YOU MAN! (NOT IN THAT WAY THOUGH)

19.99£! that means 24.99 €, not 65€!!!! that's GREAT!!!! GAME you rock!

KGB
15th October 2009, 08:53 PM
you beat me to it Sch@dows. :)

Sch@dows
15th October 2009, 08:56 PM
here comes MiguelDK coming out ^_~

MiguelX69
15th October 2009, 09:05 PM
here comes MiguelDK coming out ^_~

erm? what?

anyways... http://www.game.pt/ficha/ficha.aspx?sku=064157 portuguese game! 24.99€ great!

DawnFireDragoon
15th October 2009, 10:07 PM
Anything else in there besides instructions? Some art or fun info here and there? :P

there is just a disc and the instructions, which feature no fiction of the wipeout universe or artwork of any kind, there's one screenshot and the weapon icons on one page.

the interior of the case inlay has a big piece of artwork, black and white swirly lines and wipeout ships.

Also the UK PAL versions big blue 'online play for 8 players' circle below the word Fury on the cover, isn't as imposing as the one on that copy in the pic above. less text.

i actually still haven't had a chance to play the thing yet, maybe tomorrow. i would offer to get my friends camera and take some pics too, but by tomorrow you'll probably all have it!!!!!!!!

also, i got it from the Gamestation Uk website. for some reason they sent me it a day early. so if you want guaranteed quick delivery (free too if you're in the Uk by the way), go for Gamestation. GAME might be good too, but i know first hand gamestation is pretty awesome.

Rapier Racer
16th October 2009, 09:24 AM
Probably the same, GAME owns Gamestation they just keep the 2 identities separate GAME is more commercial and family friendly flogging the latest games and systems where as they want Gamestation to be seen as more hardcore with retro games for sale, and that funny smell they have lurking around in there..

MiguelX69
16th October 2009, 04:28 PM
@DawnFireDragon

You got wipeout right? how much it costed?

DawnFireDragoon
16th October 2009, 05:32 PM

lol, rapier racer, that smell must be in every store, i know exactly what you mean. still prefer it to GAME stores though, stale, no retro goodies (as you mentioned) and annoying staff, like in a mobile phone store, you walk in and they're on you!

MiguelX69
16th October 2009, 08:35 PM

lol, rapier racer, that smell must be in every store, i know exactly what you mean. still prefer it to GAME stores though, stale, no retro goodies (as you mentioned) and annoying staff, like in a mobile phone store, you walk in and they're on you!

yeah i'll buy it in a GAME store since i'm a member xD and I have spent some BIG money on games with them... I just hate to sell games there... but not counting that... game's cool... maybe the game's out tomorrow... i'm praying so...

xEik
16th October 2009, 09:51 PM
I just got mine. :D

<rant>
Sorry for being so aggressive but whoever thought that having the blurb about online on the front cover was a good idea must be retarded.
</rant>

KIGO1987
16th October 2009, 09:56 PM
First mod on wz to get WOHD xEik:clap

Should race sometime;) Watch out for those Vista pads :D

Task
17th October 2009, 03:13 AM
I just got mine. :D
8 ) Congrats! We played it a bit during the last gathering here, it was nice on the big screen. Load times suck ass, though.

<rant>
...the blurb about online on the front cover...
</rant>
Oh, sweet Jesus, they didn't! Gah, I don't even have to check, I'm sure they did. "Yeah, we'll just copy the original boxart, it's a port, it's all the same!"
Man...

KIGO1987
17th October 2009, 03:17 AM
It feels like autumn 2008 again with these two mods here again. Wondering where is Lance atm. Maybe he's hit the clubbing district of Tampa or something.

Yesterday went to JB-Hi-Fi, i couldn't find WOHD on disc anywhere, i doubt it'll ever come this side of the Nullarbor anyway. Probably have to buy it over the net, and get it sent out from over Mebourne or Sydney or something. Sucks big time.

MiguelX69
17th October 2009, 12:27 PM
In portugal, no wipeout hd on bluray at the moment...

DawnFireDragoon
18th October 2009, 10:08 PM
internal inlay image of the blu-ray release. (not a fan myself of the swirly wipeout art. i like the older abstract stuff, but this is what it looks like for those who want to know!)

http://simoncpage.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wipeout_full_med.jpg

darkfaerytales
19th October 2009, 04:39 AM
Today i've seen a copy, i've take a look on the package and on the back of the package ( italian copy ) there's reported
" 14 amazing circuits "

what? 14? is this an error or what?

in wo hd there are 8 tracks, if you count reverses it makes 16, fury pack add other 4 tracks + reverses it makes other 8, + zones only makes 28 total

wo hd + fury = 16 tracks
wo hd + fury counting reverses = 24
wo hd + fury counting revs. and zone tracks = 28
wo hd + fury without revs + zones = 16

so where comes out this 14? it's an error, or there are 2 additional more tracks for the BD version?

MiguelX69
19th October 2009, 01:53 PM
internal inlay image of the blu-ray release. (not a fan myself of the swirly wipeout art. i like the older abstract stuff, but this is what it looks like for those who want to know!)

http://simoncpage.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wipeout_full_med.jpg

personally, i like it.

Today i've seen a copy, i've take a look on the package and on the back of the package ( italian copy ) there's reported
" 14 amazing circuits "

what? 14? is this an error or what?

in wo hd there are 8 tracks, if you count reverses it makes 16, fury pack add other 4 tracks + reverses it makes other 8, + zones only makes 28 total

wo hd + fury = 16 tracks
wo hd + fury counting reverses = 24
wo hd + fury counting revs. and zone tracks = 28
wo hd + fury without revs + zones = 16

so where comes out this 14? it's an error, or there are 2 additional more tracks for the BD version?

14 amazing tracks... the other 2 aren't amazing xD

KIGO1987
19th October 2009, 02:20 PM
I was on the other side of the city today, was doing a heap of driving, moving all of this shitfrom one place to another. Went to a new JB-Hi-Fi there, no Wipeout BD, i honestly doubt this game will ever see the west coast tbh. Did have a look at a PSP-GO today, had a bit of a frig around with it.

Rapier Racer
19th October 2009, 02:40 PM
Its cool but I like the older style.

Just looked on GAME's site, Wipeout HD is at number 6 in their 10 top sellers chart, not bad I'd say.

AnErare
19th October 2009, 03:00 PM
Overhere in .nl it's already in stores. I've seen a copy for 29,99 euro's on the shelves and was rather surprised :) The cover says 28 tracks just as it should. I think it looks pretty good and that price is almost ridiculous considering it's only slightly less on the PSN.

Sch@dows
19th October 2009, 03:11 PM
Isn't the official retail price the same as the PSN (€24,99) ?
I don't think you should continue going to such stores (unless you work there ^_~)

Amorbis
19th October 2009, 03:14 PM
I hope the Blu-Ray version does well, the online lobby has been quiet recently. Maybe we'll get some more nice people here on the Zone too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see any mistakes on the box or in the manual based on Pulse PS2. That thing was riddled with small mistakes that should have been noticed, for instance the back of the box says 'Pu ping soundtrack from 16 reno ned artists'. More likely a printing error with the typeface, but it could have been corrected. Never mind mistakes anyway, as soon as you play HD they'll be forgotten.

DawnFireDragoon
19th October 2009, 03:18 PM
Its cool but I like the older style.

Just looked on GAME's site, Wipeout HD is at number 6 in their 10 top sellers chart, not bad I'd say.

excellent, good to see it doing well.

probably helped by the fact it's one of the only places on Earth to get it!!!! :D

*edit: borrowed my mates phone and took these pics of the blu-ray package for those interested:

DawnFireDragoon
19th October 2009, 03:50 PM
second load of images:

you can see the mistake the guys above are talking about on the shot of the back of the box. also 'adrenaline begins where gravity ends' has red bull slipped another ad into wipeout? :) :) it does give you wings after all.

Amorbis
19th October 2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the pictures, Dawnfiredragoon. :)

Interesting to see that they haven't adopted the new PS3 box designs. I'm glad they haven't, I think the new design is hideous. The 14 tracks doesn't seem to make any sense whatever way you look at it. The HD + Fury circuits equals 12, 24 including backwards and if you add the Pure 4 it makes 16. Oh well, people will get more than they hoped for. :D

blixabargeld
19th October 2009, 05:39 PM
14 amazing tracks... the other 2 aren't amazing xD

Mine says 14 "breathtaking tracks" :D
I foundr really cool the 2097/xl-like cover, with shiny new go45 and piranha :)

Darkdrium777
19th October 2009, 06:23 PM
It's not the best box art ever (Ruined by that PSN sticker IMO as well ;)) but it's certainly an eye catcher (Though not as much as Borderlands (http://selectstartgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/borderlands_box_art.jpg)' xD)

I have the swirly art in super high resolution at home (I think 6000x3000), if anyone want's I can go and upload it (It doesn't have the WipEout HD logo)

If anyone can make a high resolution scan of the cover, I'll see what I can do with that PSN sticker. Those who will want could then possibly reprint it. ;) (I probably won't do that now, exams along the way :blarg)

blixabargeld
19th October 2009, 06:47 PM
It's not the best box art ever (Ruined by that PSN sticker IMO as well ;)) but it's certainly an eye catcher (Though not as much as Borderlands (http://selectstartgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/borderlands_box_art.jpg)' xD)

I have the swirly art in super high resolution at home (I think 6000x3000), if anyone want's I can go and upload it (It doesn't have the WipEout HD logo)

If anyone can make a high resolution scan of the cover, I'll see what I can do with that PSN sticker. Those who will want could then possibly reprint it. ;) (I probably won't do that now, exams along the way :blarg)

I don't like the red part on the left, which is too dark (and of the same colour of the piranha, a "yin-yang" scheme with alternate colours could have been much better)
I was just looking for a wohd wallpaper, it seems that you got a nice one :)
Good luck for the exams, anyway. :+

Asayyeah
19th October 2009, 08:43 PM
Got it ( actually 2 of it : one for me and one for Sleh) paid 50 euros so the price is absolutely correct. I ve bought it for the collection , not even sure i will unwrap the plastic, but maybe that could help Sleh to give up with Killzone2 :D

Darkdrium777
19th October 2009, 09:24 PM
Here's the swirly:

http://a.imagehost.org/t/0749/wipeout_full.jpg (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0749/wipeout_full) http://i.imagehost.org/t/0203/2008-Ship_Scroll_WHD.jpg (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0203/2008-Ship_Scroll_WHD)

ProblemSolver
19th October 2009, 09:32 PM
I wanna have that picture showing the ZONE craft, but in full-resolution / high-quality.
Where can I get that from?

Darkdrium777
19th October 2009, 10:02 PM
It does not exist, you would have to ask Rita Linsley for it.
And be sure to share if you manage to get it! ;)

darkfaerytales
19th October 2009, 10:59 PM
but the 14 tracks mistery? solved?

ask studio liverpool?

Sausehuhn
21st October 2009, 08:55 PM
Seems pretty easy to me: The guy who made the package probably didn't think of the zone tracks, as he only saw "28 tracks" with the info "including the reverse versions".
Which makes 14 locations if you simply half the number of tracks.

ZenDJiNN
22nd October 2009, 12:20 AM
I wanna have that picture showing the ZONE craft, but in full-resolution / high-quality.
Where can I get that from?

That picture was (IIRC) the winning picture in a Wipeout HD art competition, either Pre-release or just after, i don't remember. Lucky for you, i downloaded the Hi Res comp of all 3 winning pictures, and here's the link (http://rapidshare.com/files/296169344/wipeout_full.jpg) to grab it from (It's just over 8mb). It's only valid for 10 downloads or 90 days unfortunately, so grab it quickly. Failing that, feel free to PM me with an email address.

Enjoy. :D

Triakis^3
22nd October 2009, 12:30 AM
Still haven't seen the disc version of the game in the shops yet here:(

defor
22nd October 2009, 02:56 PM
That picture was (IIRC) the winning picture in a Wipeout HD art competition, either Pre-release or just after, i don't remember. Lucky for you, i downloaded the Hi Res comp of all 3 winning pictures, and

Wait a second- what?
there was an official art competition or something?

I haven't been paying attention for way too long...

Darkdrium777
22nd October 2009, 03:25 PM
here's the link (http://rapidshare.com/files/296169344/wipeout_full.jpg) to grab it from No good, that's not the picture ProblemSolver wants unfortunately. It's the one I already posted, except in a still larger file size.
We need the vertical art with the Zone craft, not the horizontal 6000x2999 image with the Piranha.

QjonPL
22nd October 2009, 04:15 PM
That art can be found in one of the free W HD Themes on PSStore (wallpaper in WipEout HD Theme 2 - or 3). I dunno if you can split a PS3 theme into separate files (like on PSP) and receive a wallpaper image.

ZenDJiNN
22nd October 2009, 08:07 PM
No good, that's not the picture ProblemSolver wants unfortunately. It's the one I already posted, except in a still larger file size.
We need the vertical art with the Zone craft, not the horizontal 6000x2999 image with the Piranha.

Bugger!! Oh well. it was worth a try. Thanks for letting me know. :)

MiguelX69
22nd October 2009, 09:03 PM
That picture was (IIRC) the winning picture in a Wipeout HD art competition, either Pre-release or just after, i don't remember. Lucky for you, i downloaded the Hi Res comp of all 3 winning pictures, and here's the link (http://rapidshare.com/files/296169344/wipeout_full.jpg) to grab it from (It's just over 8mb). It's only valid for 10 downloads or 90 days unfortunately, so grab it quickly. Failing that, feel free to PM me with an email address.

Enjoy. :D

I got it! Thanks. To you guys who want it, if you can't get it from rapidshare i made my own upload here, enjoy: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtym2duozwz

darkfaerytales
23rd October 2009, 05:40 AM
Seems pretty easy to me: The guy who made the package probably didn't think of the zone tracks, as he only saw "28 tracks" with the info "including the reverse versions".
Which makes 14 locations if you simply half the number of tracks.

sad...

Sch@dows
23rd October 2009, 09:31 AM
Still haven't seen the disc version of the game in the shops yet here:(I've seen it at a GAME store in Paris, but the game was sold at €29,9

Skvall
23rd October 2009, 09:42 AM
Here in Sweden I have seen the game in 3 stores lately. The prices where 699, 349 and 299 SEK.

That is:
Gamestop: €68
Game: €34
Webhallen: €29

blackwiggle
23rd October 2009, 09:55 AM
Triakis^3

The only place in Australia that is selling the disc version of HD/Fury is JB HiFi stores.

You have Cannington,Osbourne Park or Whitford in W.A.

It's been in the stores in Sydney for a week now,so definatly should be at yours AUS $39