PDA

View Full Version : Wipe3d

DarkTrancer
28th November 2002, 02:12 PM
Thought i`d post a few links to images,i been working on a few models in 3d max,none of which are accurate or even finished (yes i know how bad they look,for the purists in here).
The intent was to make a few of my own models to import into the pc version of Wipeout XL,which i still can`t do because of the way the files where written etc,i`m not a programmer (or 3d artist =oP).

So any critisim (gentle)/help/raves etc... feel free.

http://www.darktrance.co.uk/dt/wipev1.jpg
http://www.darktrance.co.uk/dt/wipev2.jpg
http://www.darktrance.co.uk/dt/wipev3.jpg

Nathan Adams
28th November 2002, 02:47 PM
they're certainly looking better than the Fusion designs..........

I'd like to see where you take the first ship

rhys
28th November 2002, 03:37 PM
as nathan said the first one is nice, but the third one is looking really cool! maybe a little longer at the front though......

Hybrid Divide
28th November 2002, 03:48 PM
I've been trying to do the same thing for a while now but I lack skills in a 3D program and I lack 3D-Max 5.

Your first model kind of looks like a stripped down FEISAR. Very nice though, ht's that type of craft design I would probably go with.

The second looks somewhat like a cross between an Auricom from 2097 and the one from Wipeout 3.

And the third looks like a great work in progress as well! Keep up the good work!

VL

Lance
28th November 2002, 04:11 PM
Dark Trancer: hi, welcome to the forums. interesting work you're doing. please show us your updated models every once in a while.

DarkTrancer
28th November 2002, 06:13 PM
Thnx guys,didn`t expect people to like them,since they arn`t exactly models of the games ships..first one was yes a stripped FEISAR,the second one loosely based on auri,third is going for a radical new breed.
Still working on them on and off,i`d say v1 is 80% complete,second needs much more detail so 60% and third is like 10mins work so lots to do.

One they are wut i would call finished,anyone is welcome to the models and textures.
Updates soonish..

DarkTrancer
29th November 2002, 10:08 AM
Slightly dif wipev3 thnx to rhys for the sugestion of long nose looks good methinks...
anyone else have ideas,sugestions ,post em up,see wut i can do about getting it in,sorta a community designed ship =o)

Anyone have their own concept ideas too,more the merrier..

http://www.darktrance.co.uk/dt/wipev3.jpg

zargz
29th November 2002, 10:45 AM
yao! :o that 1 looks great!
the weapons on the nose of the 'feisar' thou .. doesnt look that good .. 8)

rhys
29th November 2002, 04:35 PM
looking groovy :D

any chance of that one in the nice white colour like the others??

stin
29th November 2002, 07:32 PM
different but very cool! good shape too!!

stin :)

DarkTrancer
29th November 2002, 09:14 PM
Wont be posting anymore updates the links at the top of the page from my domain are updated daily as i work on them...
keep up the ideas etc tho,wanna hear them all

Wiseman
30th November 2002, 04:48 AM
Hmmm, I'm liking that last one.

Like to see it when you get some wings on it. 8)

Vasudeva
30th November 2002, 10:02 AM
DarkTrancer, these designs look very good. Keep up the good work!

They remind me of the prototypes in W3 and W3SE. And I agree that now they already look better than some Fusion ships!

V.

Hybrid Divide
1st December 2002, 07:28 PM
Those are great! I wish I had nearly as much talent with 3D programs! I've been runnign some ship designs in my head, and some of them tie in kinda with your FEISAR'ish ship.

But know I wouldn't intentionally steal your ideas. ^_^v
I just like that classic design the best of all.

You use 3DsMax 5? I need to get that!

DarkTrancer
1st December 2002, 07:56 PM
Talent i wouldn`t say that,hard work yeah lol
3d max 5 yep thats wut i use,allthough i been at it since 3.1 ,thats how hard i been tryin .
Stealin my ideas? no far from it,i think we can safely classify it as fan art (looks for sonys lawyers),and be fairly safe.
And any ideas,pics/scans etc posted here would be great,then we can all see wut we can do.
Wipeout model one is offically finished (bar textures),i think that anymore tamperin will just hinder the overall look...so heres the file pic:
If u want the model,mail me and i`ll send it (for max 4/5)

Texturing will be done soon.

DJ Techno
2nd December 2002, 08:58 PM
Dark Trancer
the second and third drawings look like the same two 3d crafts in a music video I saw a short while ago. PPK Resurrection
The first drawing, like everybody else said is AWESOME
What program are you using to create 3d pictures?

DarkTrancer
2nd December 2002, 11:29 PM
Well as for the 2nd and third renders,maybe they look the same,but i`ve never seen the vid and it`s is definately my own creation,sure the 1st and 2nd have a smack ofthe ships from wipeout but the third has been done by me over the last few days.people have seen the work progressing.
Your other question:
Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:56 pm Post subject: =o)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talent i wouldn`t say that,hard work yeah lol
3d max 5 yep thats wut i use,allthough i been at it since 3.1 ,thats how hard i been tryin .

DarkTrancer
14th December 2002, 12:56 AM
Not getting very far on my texturing so far,dammit someone has to know how to multisub texture thru matID`s?
Anyway,got a few maps in place now,things are moving along slowly as usual so heres a update:

Hybrid Divide
14th December 2002, 06:21 AM
Nice texturing. Though it seems to have dulled the color a bit much for my tastes anyhow. Feisar had slightly more brilliant colors. and after texturing, the cologs got a kind of pastel look.

Either way, when I get Max 5, I'd like to make my own variation on that. It's a great design!

Peace!

DarkTrancer
14th December 2002, 11:02 AM
thnx,i`m only basing it very loosly on feiser tho,nevr intended for a direct rip off of their ships (thats blaspheme lol )
at the moment the maps arnt final,just placed and textured a little to get positioning right and making sure theres no warping and such.

Anastasia
14th December 2002, 03:17 PM
Great designs, DarkTrance! Keep 'em coming!

Ana :D

Mator
2nd March 2003, 01:49 PM
hmmmm-> ERROR 404 :( :( :( :(
i cant open them...

DarkTrancer
2nd March 2003, 10:39 PM
sorry all the images are down ,my hostin and domain ran out ,i`ll be back soonish with a update and such =o)

q_dmc12
31st May 2007, 11:24 PM
'shame the links are broken:frown:

sorry all the images are down ,my hostin and domain ran out ,i`ll be back soonish with a update and such =o)
D'oh:p