PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's official...

WolfKill01
28th August 2009, 12:48 AM
...school sucks. I've played MAYBE 4 races on wo3 and 2097 IN THE PAST 3 FRIGGIN WEEKS!! I probably had it coming since I signed up for 2 math classes in one semester :P Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see all my friends again, and the freshman this year are much cooler then last years. I probably shouldn't be complaing. If I think this is rough, I should just wait till college in 2 years. So how does school interfere with ya'll's lives?

infoxicated
28th August 2009, 08:09 AM
More traffic in the mornings! ;)

Back when I was at school or college I used to feel really energized by the start of a new year. Unfortunately that all subsided a month or so in, but it didn't stop me getting excited about it.

I never really thought of it as getting in the way of my life, though - back then it just was life.

Rachel Johnson
28th August 2009, 08:13 AM
It;s been a very long time since I was of school age and I was home tutored from the age of 7 till I was 19 years old, but when I used to actually attend public school, it was hell. (Hence why I was taken out of it.) The pupils and the teachers would bully me to the point of being ill because of my beliefs. I was literally shrinking and losing weight. I was 2 stone up until I was 10. That's how it interfered with mine...

These days it's just the annoying brats that yawp and scream after they come out of school and throw litter everywhere. It's no fun living so close to two schools. Lol.

Hellfire_WZ
28th August 2009, 08:32 AM
Next week I'm gonna find out what it's like teaching in one...:eek

Rachel Johnson
28th August 2009, 08:35 AM
@Hellfire - Good luck there. :P I always wanted to be an art teacher, but... I'd probably end up murdering the students and using their blood as paint. ;)

lunar
28th August 2009, 09:00 AM
You`re a brave man, Charlie. Good luck with that - I`m sure you`ll kick ass much like you do at Wipeout and be fine, but having said that a class of kids are even more scary than a lobby full of Frenchmen ;) I don`t think teachers get paid enough for the vital job they do - I guess most teachers would agree.

silverfoxy
28th August 2009, 09:50 AM
There are distinct perks to teaching. One thing that always attracted me was the holidays !!

But in all seriousness, no way in a million years could I do it so best of luck to you Charlie.

I start a new job Tuesday, just hope it works out better than my last one that lasted a whole week !!

archman
28th August 2009, 09:54 AM
Well, school interfered with my life just now, a few minutes before, when they said to me that the next two years will maybe not be free (they were free in the previous year). I mean, you smile about some fact that you're gonna lift of some of the burden from parents, and then, it just falls into the water.
+1 for my uni. Keep up the good work!

RedScar
28th August 2009, 02:35 PM
Can't wait to get back to school actually (Sept 8th). See all my buddies, and I no longer feel useless and dumb as a log as I do now. That said this is my 3rd year so its time to step up, but at least the courses are more focused to my major.

Mad-Ice
29th August 2009, 08:31 AM
School was and still is my life! School is where you meet new friends and spending free time with. After school hanging out in the city, getting some food together, or cooking together and doing homework.

I wouldn't say my school days were the best but they were great. Making a lot of music and doing three gigs a week, with improvisation dance (house, trance and techno), all around the Netherlands. I am still making music now. Last three years I played in a music group with traditional African percussion. For the last three months I am playing in a Drum'n'Bass group. Making live Drum'n'Bass at parties.

I am also an art teacher so yeah, school is still my life. Having fun with colleagues and students. At Hellfire; good luck mate, I know you will like it, just be yourself and make a lot of fun and you will have a crazy good time. At Lunar; I am not complaning about my salary, but a little more will always be good.

Greetz Mad-Ice

WolfKill01
30th August 2009, 11:38 PM
The funny thing is, these are probably the best years of my life, and I'm gripeing about. Guess even I can't appreciate somethin' till it's gone.:|

That being said I come from a family of teachers and assistant principles; my mom's been a teacher for 3 years before I was born, took a break when I was born, and just started teaching again 2 years ago; my aunt's an art teacher; my cousin's a social sciences teacher and assistent football coach; my other aunt is an assistant principle; her husband, my uncle, is a science teacher; my other cousin is a pre-school teacher; and my other cousin is in college getting liscensed to be a teacher. Sometimes I think I'm doomed to be a teacher, but I believe I'm in charge of my own career choice so I'm not that worried.