PDA

View Full Version : PSN suspensions

GreenPhazon
25th August 2009, 07:32 PM
I've got one at present. Though I can't think why. I don't cheat, I only swear in PMs, and not often enough for anyone to call it an issue. Anyone else got or had one? Do you know why?

sny
25th August 2009, 07:49 PM
They said there'd be a maintenance for EU PSN today, AFAIK... maybe it was just a poorly worded error message?

GreenPhazon
25th August 2009, 08:14 PM
I checked the error code and all I got was temporary suspensions. But it seems that this is most likely due to maintenance. But my brother's account can log in fine.

Mainly I'm annoyed because of the unclear nature in which the error messages are given, and the fact that I've done nothing to warrant a suspension.

Anyone got any different stories about incurring the wrath of the PSN overlords?

mdhay
25th August 2009, 08:40 PM
I got banned for trying to get out of a map on Resistance online. Maybe someone reported you for something you didn't do?

GreenPhazon
26th August 2009, 09:50 AM
No I think it's just the maintenance. Or maybe the swearing in our messages regarding Metal Gear Online, mdhay! What happened to freedom of speech?

mdhay
26th August 2009, 10:11 AM
Died when Political Correctness came about.;)

If swearing in PM's was the cause, then KIGO would never be on there, trust me on that. XD

GreenPhazon
26th August 2009, 11:18 AM
I'm on again today. Why give me the suspension error code though, when it clearly wasn't a suspension as I've done nothing to warrant one?

The error notification on PS3s needs a major overhaul.

jan709
26th August 2009, 11:25 AM
I got some PSN issues to, yesterday and today i misteriously got signed out of psn in the middle of a race and it took me 30min to get back logged in.

Its strange that i only had this with wipeout and not with killzone2 or cod4.

Lance
26th August 2009, 02:49 PM
No I think it's just the maintenance. Or maybe the swearing in our messages regarding Metal Gear Online, mdhay! What happened to freedom of speech?

It's always either been an illusion, or somewhat limited by ethical and legal considerations. And in non-government, private places and organisations, it pretty much doesn't exist.