PDA

View Full Version : So... anyone here own an Xbox 360?

MEKAGORI
23rd August 2009, 09:24 PM
But not a PS3? Just curious about how many pilots haven't gotten a PS3 yet, or don't plan to, and just play the classics or the PSP games.

Lance
23rd August 2009, 09:43 PM
I own 360, original PS, Dreamcast, DS. May buy a new PS3 Slim when a couple of games I'm waiting for are released, hopefully on hardcopy.

blackwiggle
24th August 2009, 06:36 AM
I somehow doubt that many people here would only have a xbox and not a PS2/3 ,main reason is that this is a wipeout forum and wipeout is and has pretty much always been [apart for the rare exceptions] a Playstation only game.

I've got a xbox 360 elite but it is hardly ever used,if I had a larger HDMI switch box and I could get it to connect online again [It just suddenly flatly refuses to, no matter what sort of modem set up I configure] I might fire it up more often.

Rachel Johnson
24th August 2009, 12:35 PM
@ blackwiggle - PS3 Ownership - Apart from me, you mean. xD I know, I know, I'm a sinner. But, it's my partner who owns a PS3, so maybe it counts.

*Hugs her 360 and glares* I never really intended to own a PS3, but when he moved in, I had no choice. Lol. (At least I got HD out of it though. ;) ) I just want a new PS2.

DawnFireDragoon
24th August 2009, 05:15 PM
i own a 360 elite and love it.

I borrow my mates ps3 now and then, had it for a couple of weeks now, to play through Fury. i may well pick up one of the new slim's either near x-mas, or when final fantasy xiii is released next year. (i know it's gonna be on xbox too, but by then the ps3 should have had another price drop!)

i still own a ps1 slim and ps2 slim and play all the wipeouts on those...and love them, even the original. great fun.

I still have to finish Pulse on the PS2 as well actually. Got distracted by moving and forgot i was half way through the grid.

and i still play pure a lot on psp as it's just a solid game.

andy
25th August 2009, 06:19 PM
I have a 360, don't have a ps3 - i think my brother is getting one though for his birthday in a few months.

I would've liked one but they seemed way too expensive at the time (and still are a bit now), and a thing I'm worrying about at the moment is the chat on ps3 because I've heard it's not exactly great, whereas the xbox is excellent as far as microphones and chats are concerned.

I still play wip3out though on my ps2 because the classics are the best in my opinion

Harvai
26th August 2009, 01:03 PM
I've got a 360, but not a PS3. I'd love to have one, and I currently have the money for one of these new slim numbers, but honestly, I don't have the space for it in my room! My 360 and PS2 take up the room on the bookcase shelf I have. Not too sure on the PS3's backwards compatability, so the PS2 might have to stay there (Ace Combat series, Fusion etc)

Lance
26th August 2009, 02:19 PM
Sony has stated that the PS3 models from the new 'Slim' on forward will no longer have any form of backward compatibility for games of earlier machines. I read it on Ars Technica. That wouldn't be important for me because I don't have a PS2, but mostly because I never have the room for stuff, but I get it anyway if I can. :D