PDA

View Full Version : MAG Beta

PoliPino
23rd August 2009, 12:36 PM
This weekend I got my official invite to the MAG private beta on the PSN. It looks like the normal third-person frag-fest. But I guess it can have up to 256 players online at once. Not totally my type of game, but I'll be giving it a shot. I didn't think I'd like Final Fantasy XI either, but the beta got me hooked on that game, so who knows.

Any other fellow Wipeouters in the Beta?

KGB
23rd August 2009, 06:36 PM
I've never been invited to have any Beta. You would think for the amount of money I have spent on PSN they would of gave me something. Did you get this through the ps3 messages or your E-mail address?

slimjim
23rd August 2009, 06:39 PM
mag is one of the games i am looking forward to getting when i get my ps3

mdhay
23rd August 2009, 06:43 PM
I've never been invited to have any Beta. You would think for the amount of money I have spent on PSN they would of gave me something. Did you get this through the ps3 messages or your E-mail address?

You get invites through an E-mail. I got one for the Home Beta. It was ****. It is still ****. No loss on my part.:)

infoxicated
23rd August 2009, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a MAG beta - if they can capture everything that made SOCOM 2 great, and turn the action up then I'll be all over it. Not sure I'll bother with another trigger-point-tram-ride when Modern Warfare 2 comes out, so MAG might well be the next FPS I buy. :)

KGB
23rd August 2009, 06:55 PM
I use an email address that is my sons for the PS3 because when I tried to register the PS3, it said I couldn't use my own as my PSP was already registered to it!. Never worked that one out?? So I never look at it much.

What's the chance of me having one if i look? Slim to no chance.

Edit: just looked and nothing except purchases. Fascists!

Darkdrium777
23rd August 2009, 08:58 PM
You needed to say that you already had a PSN account and not create a new one.

Clarification:

-You created a PSN account through your PSP using the email username@provider.xxx
-When creating a new user account, you are given the possibility to register with the PSN. You can either create a new account, or sign in to an existing one.
-You should have done the latter, and entered your email address that you already used (username@provider.xxx) and your password that you are using on your PSP.

PoliPino
23rd August 2009, 11:01 PM

All the betas I've been part of were through my playstation.com registration. That was before they merged that account with the PSN accounts, so I'm not sure now. But I always got an e-mail on my personal account from playstation.com for betas.

KGB
24th August 2009, 09:39 AM
It was a year and a half ago now so I can't remember exactly what i did. Im pretty sure I tried to do it the way you described DD777, but it just wouldn't let me. I remember thinking at the time what kind of two bit operation is this when you had to have two seperate accounts.

Is there a way I can sort it out I wonder.

Darkdrium777
24th August 2009, 05:20 PM
No, there is no way to sort it out. You would have to create a new PS3 User Account and re-register to the PSN the way I described.

/Off-topic.

PoliPino
26th August 2009, 02:43 PM
So I tried out the game last night.

Man I suck at these FPS games lol. I think I died about 10 times and didn't shoot anyone. Still kind of fun though. The graphics are pretty nice. There wasn't any noticeable lag, even with dozens of people playing at once. I'll definitely be trying it out some more.

YouAreFubar
27th August 2009, 11:39 PM
I want I want I want I want. The game im most looking forward to is between this and Operation Flashpoint 2. I think with MAG itll be interesting to see what the lag is like when you get a full room.....