PDA

View Full Version : PSN Cards next month

Rapier Racer
18th August 2009, 08:03 PM
If anyone's interested:

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/hardware/accessories/detail/item228887/PlayStation%C2%AE-Network-Cards/

Didn't take them too long to launch these now did it.

Frances_Penfold
18th August 2009, 10:14 PM
****ing FINALLY.

This should greatly streamline the purchase of PSN content by folks in North American and Japan-- I will buy some cards DAY ONE if it allows me to buy Pulse PSN plus the digital download PAL version of Wipeout Pure.

C'mon, Sony, let me give you my monies :hyper

NightArh
19th August 2009, 07:53 AM
Yeah it is nice! I hope I can buy them here too :hyper I wanna Pulse DLC so much

Rapier Racer
19th August 2009, 08:45 PM
Frances, I thought these cards were already available in the US no?

IH8YOU
19th August 2009, 08:58 PM
Cards are available in the US already - I had to use a PSN card to get Fury - as PSN thinks my credit card isn't real. :turd

Now, all Sony needs to do - is to smarten up and offer "PSN Food" - don't laugh - think about it. Have a Pizza Hut menu on PSN - Sony already has your address and $ / credit card info. You can order some Za on the click of a button, and get some Pepsi - delivered to your door, so you don't have to stop killing Zombies just to do something as mundane as eating. ;)

Frances_Penfold
20th August 2009, 04:45 AM
Yep, PSN cards are available in North America, but per my understanding, these are region locked-- I can't use a U.S. PSN card to add money to a European PSN account. Same is true for U.S. credit cards.

Lots of folks in the U.S. buy JPN content using JPN PSN accounts, and to do this, they buy JPN PSN cards via Play-Asia or another vendor.

I am hoping that the same will be true for European PSN cards-- this will allow us North Americans to buy European-only content (DLC for Pulse + the PAL version of Wipeout Pure) :)

okam
20th August 2009, 07:14 AM
Now, all Sony needs to do - is to smarten up and offer "PSN Food"

EverQuest 2 had the /pizza command, allowing you to very easily order pizza from Pizza Hut. I'm not sure how much that was actually used by the players though, seemed like more of a gimmic (or rather, in-game advertising :P )

NightArh
20th August 2009, 08:23 AM
Imagine new gadget from sony - feeding tube direct in your esophagus. Just pay monies from your PlayStation Store and play games :+ It is our future

Lance
20th August 2009, 07:51 PM
I hope that folk connected in such fashion are also seated on the toilet.

okam
20th August 2009, 11:45 PM
You could have a "waste receptacle" on the PS3 itself, and you just pay to be, uhh... emptied. One tube into your body, one tube out.

Lance
21st August 2009, 01:43 AM
Or 2.

`

Frances_Penfold
21st August 2009, 05:19 AM
Wow, this threat really... went down... the shitter...

;)

Now hurry up and release those damn PSN cards, Sony. I want to give you my monies!

Lance
21st August 2009, 02:35 PM
Can I buy them in a store? That would be useful since I do not have and do not want and probably could not even get a credit card if I diD want one.

IH8YOU
21st August 2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I got mine in Best Buy - I think ballbuster video also sells them.

Just do a google for PSN card retailers, as I'm not sure if you have other retailers in Florida that differ from NH.

Lance
21st August 2009, 04:13 PM
There is a BestBuy a considerable walking distance from me. One would have thought that a game store would have been a better source. :D

IH8YOU
21st August 2009, 04:22 PM
I'm sure game stores carry them too - but none of them were open when I realized that I needed a PSN card. Best Buy was, though.

I just googled and got this: PSN Cards: Blockbuster, Rite-Aid, 7/11, Walmart, Best Buy, Sams Club and Some Barnes & Nobles.

Edit* You live in Florida, so there must be "at least" 37 Rite-Aid stores per mile. ;)

Lance
21st August 2009, 04:32 PM
Don't think I've ever noticed one, but 7-11, yeah. All the rest on that list are too far away to walk to, but GameStop is less than two miles.

KIGO1987
18th September 2009, 11:35 PM
Has anybody in Aus seen these in our shops?

BulletWraith
19th September 2009, 01:25 AM
We still haven't got them yet in NZ, I think the logical thing to happen would be for Sony to release them at or before the PSP Go's launch
they've been putting it off fo ages, but with the Go coming out soon I don't think they have a choice, they have to give them to us.

oh and now you Can (http://kotaku.com/5360888/inconveniently-order-pizza-from-your-ps3) finally order Pizza from your PS3

-zer:donutshen

KIGO1987
19th September 2009, 02:14 AM
Order Pizza's from the PS3, nice, i like that.

Lance
19th September 2009, 03:27 AM
oh and now you Can (http://kotaku.com/5360888/inconveniently-order-pizza-from-your-ps3) finally order Pizza from your PS3

I'd rather tell Sony to pizza off.

KIGO1987
19th September 2009, 09:50 AM
Its free,

Doesnt cost a sign up fee, nor a phone call

Cool feature though:)

IH8YOU
19th September 2009, 02:24 PM
Wow, that idea came dangerously close to what I had in mind - but it won't work. It's too much of an @$$pain to register / order, ect...

They need to integrate it (somehow) with PSN Store - so your address, billing, email, all that BS is in place. So you can click on the type of pizza you want - and it gets debited from your account / pizza magically appears.

Reading that, it's not only easier to just pick up a phone, I think it'd be easier to build a phone, hang the lines, setup your own telecom, and then order a pizza. Filling in all those boxes with info via a PS3 controller.... meh.

On that note, I'm gonna go find some breakfast now...

Edit: Wait - Wait! Let me beat Barack Obama and the rest of the world to this next idea, too. If they get the food on demand feature working in PSN in a manner I stated - I'm going to open yet ANOTHER feature - PS911. Yup, when your heart starts to cavitate and choke on the saturated chunks of cheese clogging your veins from sitting there on your couch 24-7 ... you can even order a medic via PSN. They will show up at your door with a defibrillator at your door dressed up as either a medic from Resistance Fall of Man 2, or a Japanese anime nurse.

abukii
19th September 2009, 03:02 PM
LoL...

Concerning the Pure dlc, that I know for a fact was released in NA. Why? Because I have it. The Pulse dlc I believe was "workable" for a very short time. A friend of mine sent me all of the dlc, but was lost in a re-format of the pc (re-format without my knowledge*ouch*). As for the EU PSN cards...it really is about effin' time. It took AGES to get them in NA, and even then they were only [initially] available on Military Bases, so I feel for our cousins over the pond.

Rapier Racer
19th September 2009, 04:20 PM
and here they are, for an entire £1.01 cheaper than the RRP lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Network-Card-%C2%A320-PS3/dp/B002M78BNW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253377132&sr=8-3

Amorbis
20th September 2009, 12:22 AM
Shopto.net has an interesting offer in which you can purchase European PSN cards and receive the code through the internet rather than through the post. From what I understand you pay them (they accept PayPal so non-UK residents should be able to buy from them) and the card's code will appear in your account on the website for instant retrieval on the PS3. I can see that making things a lot easier for everyone outside of Europe looking to purchase content off the European PlayStation store. You save 2 pounds too :D.

Link to Shopto.net £20 PSN card. (http://www.shopto.net/PS3/GAMES/PS320INSTANT-PlayStation%20Network%20Card%20%A320%20Instant%20C ode.html)

abukii
20th September 2009, 02:47 AM
Good find, Amorbis.

Frances_Penfold
20th September 2009, 03:08 AM
GREAT FIND!

*reaches through computer screen to kiss Amorbus* :p

Hopefully this really works for folks that are from the U.S. and using a U.S. based credit card...

Amorbis
20th September 2009, 03:15 PM
If you use PayPal I would imagine you would have no problem, they accept international shipping on physical items so I doubt you wouldn't be able to buy a PSN card code. I guess that would also be good for those of you looking to import WipEout HD on Blu-ray if it is never officially released across the Atlantic if you buy using PayPal.