PDA

View Full Version : New Mini-game: Quake surfing

PoliPino
31st July 2009, 09:29 PM
I think I just accidentally invented a new mini-game this afternoon. I was running a race on Metropia and someone used a quake on me. I just happened to use a turbo boost right as the quake hit my ship. I ended up riding the quake wave right down the track. I'm pretty sure the damage was the same (my engine showed the little flames) but the slowdown was minimal. Kind of a cool view too being up above the track like that. :)

shindubhe
31st July 2009, 09:34 PM
lol nice :D

leungbok
31st July 2009, 09:40 PM
Very fun, i used to do that a lot on pulse !! :D

NightArh
31st July 2009, 10:03 PM
You are adrenaline addicted guys :clap

yeldar2097
31st July 2009, 10:21 PM
Option 2 - the quake fail:

I was having a whale of a time on Amphiseum reverse. it was so much fun :D
i had a turbo and i got quaked. sadly i got hit so i went for the shortcut to make up time.
i landed the shortcut with a BR - it was perfect....then the SAME quake hit me after i landed and it killed me because of the BR! :(

lol :lol

PoliPino
31st July 2009, 10:40 PM
^^
Lol!!

PLazarou
31st July 2009, 11:13 PM
I think I just accidentally invented a new mini-game this afternoon...
Well I dunno about that dude! Surely everyone does this? I certainly do. Possibly not intentionally as you say, but if you've got a boost and you know a quake is coming or you've just been hit by one, the best option is to activate it asap - damage limitation and all that... ;)

djKyoto
1st August 2009, 01:52 AM
Option 2 - the quake fail:

I was having a whale of a time on Amphiseum reverse. it was so much fun :D
i had a turbo and i got quaked. sadly i got hit so i went for the shortcut to make up time.
i landed the shortcut with a BR - it was perfect....then the SAME quake hit me after i landed and it killed me because of the BR! :(

lol :lol

Ahahahaha. Nice.

Incomming quake + shield activated + pick up a turbo just before the quake comes = weeeee. :D

Aeroracer
1st August 2009, 02:22 AM
how weird is this thread...

i was playing veinetta track and i got quaked on the hill before the finsish line so i turboed up hill took off quake was under me and i barreled rolled and evaded whole thing.didnt think it was allowed but i never lost speed.i tried to take photo but i missed it cos it was a fluke.:nod

yeldar2097
1st August 2009, 02:35 AM
Ahahahaha. Nice.

Incomming quake + shield activated + pick up a turbo just before the quake comes = weeeee. :D

my approach: pick up shield --> reflex absorb --> hit by quake (because caroline decides she's going for her lunch break and can't be arsed to tell me it's coming -_-)

:P most effective

Spece2goin
2nd August 2009, 05:19 PM
my option : quake incoming, shield activated (eliminator)
as quake passes, shield disactivates and hit by the back of the wave.

I think there are many tiggers for the wave, it has a size, and as long as you are in it, you are hit...

so you have to time your shield activation in eliminator, cause many times it can disactivate during the quake...