PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Races

PoliPino
30th July 2009, 08:51 PM
So here's a random thought for the day.

The Red Bull Air Race makes an annual stop here in Detroit - Technically, they say its in Windsor, ON, but That's just across the river from Detroit - and of course it makes for a pretty exciting weekend. But it got me thinking: The Red Bull Air Race is kind of like an embryonic Fxxx AG Racing league. We just need the technology to catch up to switch from aircraft to AG craft. And Red Bull is sponsoring it, so it all comes full circle...

Maybe I'm just crazy - and definitely tired of work right now lol.

NightArh
30th July 2009, 09:30 PM
you may take a look on the topic <AG craft is now reality> ;) and take some rest after work

PoliPino
30th July 2009, 09:44 PM
D'oh Lol I even did a forum search for Red Bull Air Race and didn't get any relevant threads.

Sorry for repost...

KIGO1987
30th July 2009, 10:19 PM
The last leg of the Red Bull Air Race is in my city.

On the South Perth foreshore you see the planes fly through there stunt courses, on the Perth Foreshore (Langley Park) you get to see the planes come in and land right in front of the skyscrapers pretty awesome. Last year it was 39 degrees on that day (100+ in Fahrenheit)so i wasn't particularly in the mood to attend, but its an awesome event to see. One of the few things to get excited for in this isolated city, here is a photo of the 2007 round;

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=37&pictureid=308