PDA

View Full Version : WO-HD is now my most played game ever.

Motorsagmannen
28th July 2009, 05:29 AM
i just wanted to share this piece of unimportant trivia with the comunity.
after passing 400 hours on WO-HD i have surpased my old #1 game of Gran Turismo2. GT2 i played literally to destruction (the gt mode disc doesent read more than half the sectors now.)
not bad for a game costing next to nothing :g
this is imo a teastament to how great this game is.:clap
that beeing said i owe much of my interest to this great comunity.

billychanxtr33m
28th July 2009, 06:49 AM
now thats impressive!! i dont think ive ever put more than 200 hrs into a game before. my gt2 disc still plays fine but the series has killed the X buttons of two of my dual shock controllers

RedScar
28th July 2009, 07:51 AM
400 hours of WOHD, thats a lot of time. I think I've only put in about 40 hours, which is about 700 shy of my most played game BF2, so I've got my work cut out for me lol.

AG-wolf
28th July 2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think any game will ever de-throne Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 & Knuckles as my own "most played" lol :P

ive apparently put about 58 hours into WOHD. 45 of which were with Qirex, 5 with auricom, and then a few others scattered here and there

stinkleroy
28th July 2009, 02:53 PM
Wow Motors, even I've only racked up 254 hours and I've had the game since release day :lol This now beats Wipeout 2097 as my most played game ever :g

NightArh
28th July 2009, 03:06 PM
Motorsagmannen you are true WO Maniac :p

Artieficial
28th July 2009, 03:50 PM
Wow - I quess congratulations are in order. :) I've only racked up about 40 hours of play-time so far, which is ten times less. :D

Keep at it, man. WOHD really is such a great game.

IDReaper
28th July 2009, 10:18 PM
O.O wow awesome achievement there! I've only got like 80, you are a true fan!

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 12:06 PM
lol thanks for all the kind words, i based my info fron the statistics page. and 400 really sounds like a hell of a lot. but then againi hav played alot :p

yeldar2097
29th July 2009, 12:33 PM
don't forget that there have no doubt been occasions where you thought "i'll leave it on so i can get straight back on when i come back" though, so remember to take those into account. i remember i left WOHD running for around 4 days once upon a time :D

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 01:22 PM
lol 4days!? epic

ive done that to although not for that long

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 01:27 PM
now thats impressive!! i dont think ive ever put more than 200 hrs into a game before. my gt2 disc still plays fine but the series has killed the X buttons of two of my dual shock controllers

i dont think i ever used the x button on gt2 only the right joystick

yeldar2097
29th July 2009, 02:17 PM
ohhhh yeeeaah, right stick rules! so much control....

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 02:31 PM
i could rename it to "GT2 discussion" lol.
fine by me at least xD

O_BR
30th July 2009, 11:40 AM
That's a decent amount of wiping hey. No wonder you have those top times on my friend list. You've been having some practice:).

I'm at 140 hours or something.

LOUDandPROUD
30th July 2009, 08:11 PM
There should be a playtime trophy, no doubt. 400 hours would be a nice mark to set it at too. As far as I'm concerned, you've earned this non-existent trophy. Good work! I'm checking my hours when I get home, as I'm curious now...

LurifaxFlux
31st July 2009, 02:34 PM
Nothing beats an MMORPG in playing time though :P
It's a waste of real-life though.

I played the same MMORPG for almost 6 years so thats at least 1k hours, probably 2k, maybe even 3k or 4k :P
I finally quit that game in the beginning of this year though, and now I never wanna start playing an MMORPG again, it's just such a waste of real-life, too addictive and time consuming :-

Rubix42
31st July 2009, 04:32 PM
That is for sure a lot of hours. I'm currently at 70 or so.

My person most played is FF VII though. I've played that 50 hour game from start to finish at least 4 times, for about 250 hours (one save has 100 hours on it)

Motorsagmannen
31st July 2009, 07:39 PM
FF VII sure is one epic hell of a game. imo one of the very best games ever made, and definitely my favourite rpg

Darkdrium777
31st July 2009, 10:04 PM
My Monster Hunter time on PS2 was around 500 hours if I remember correctly. Had so much fun with this online, too bad it's over now :( And MH3 is on the #@$$% Wii. :/

Motorsagmannen
1st August 2009, 04:42 PM
i found out about this last night.
i have been decieved, by the statistics page. according to my save data i have only played for 223 hours :brickwall.
i have no excuse for not checking this before posting and i fell like a retarded piece of :turd right now. im going to request to lance &/or foxxxy to lock or remove this thread as it is based on a lie. x(

again so sorry for this mistake.

now that the selfdeprecation is over there is one positive thing.
i now need to play this awesome game much more and make my initial post valid. cya on the tracks

Lance
1st August 2009, 04:56 PM
Surely that would be an overreaction to an honest mistake?

---------

I've been playing SC IV for what seems days of actual playing time, but the game clock would seem to be recording only actual battle time, and doesn't count the far greater number of hours I spend in character creation and test play of those characters. A truly insane but great fun and therefore rationally justifiable amount of time can be spent on these games. YAY!

Does the HD gameclock record total time or racetime or what?

Motorsagmannen
1st August 2009, 05:06 PM
no idea anymore :( but i do trust the savefile timer more than the statistics timer

Lance
1st August 2009, 05:20 PM
Well, whatever the case, if your obsession with the game is anything like mine for my current object of mania, I've no doubt that it will very soon be your most played game if it isn't already. :)

Darkdrium777
3rd August 2009, 04:13 AM
203 or 208 hours on HD... Which one to trust?
Have you ever deleted your save file Motor? Perhaps then the in-game timer is tied with your PSN ID and is actually the accurate one.

Vartazian
3rd August 2009, 05:03 AM
I got the 20 hour achievement for DOA4 in one night.

I think my top is 500 Hours for Final Fantasy X

Wipeout is around 200hrs.

Motorsagmannen
3rd August 2009, 05:38 AM
@DD777: nope never re-installed so i guess the savegame file is rater accurate. dunno about why you have such a small difference though. thos extra five hours might be time spent in the menu or lobby, and not acctual race time. i dunno
@vartazian: FF-X is also one of my well played games, i think i did around 250 hours on that game, trying to do all side quests, find all summons etc. cant wait for FF-XIII :g
(although i do need to get through XII first lol :()

RedScar
3rd August 2009, 06:53 AM
203 or 208 hours is still a lot of play time regardless how you look at it, 8 days of wipeout is pretty hardcore :P

SaturnReturn
3rd August 2009, 10:02 PM
526 hours 30 minutes and 24 seconds :)

I don't even like computer games.:rolleyes:

Motorsagmannen
4th August 2009, 01:07 AM
damn saturn, epic...:g