PDA

View Full Version : New Tron Movie

RedScar
26th July 2009, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6jfm0hq0bk
Not the biggest tron fan, but I used to play Armagetron a lot back when I was younger and still have it installed (http://www.armagetronad.net/) so I'd thought I'd post on this.

Faces look creepily outta shape but the light cycles look sick.

Darkdrium777
27th July 2009, 12:18 AM
Seems interesting, but it's Disney so be cautious. :)

okam
27th July 2009, 01:36 AM
Looks (and sounds) like zone mode, but on motorbikes, heh. As far as Disney goes, they aren't just about cartoons for kids these days, they have made some pretty decent adventure movies in the last years.

RedScar
27th July 2009, 03:40 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean was a great movie, and even if the 2nd and 3nd wern't as good I still enjoyed them.

NightArh
27th July 2009, 07:38 AM
Heh! I played Tron videogame many years ago :D Have to watch this movie anyway... especially in IMAX

mdhay
27th July 2009, 10:14 AM
I'm looking forward to this, all Disney would have to do would be to make it just ever so slightly more violent, and it'll be epic, just like Armagetron.:D

NightArh, Do you mean Tron 2.0? I have that, though my PC is the ass - end of technology, just about getting Armagetron to work, so I never had a chance to.:(:)

NightArh
27th July 2009, 10:21 AM
Tron 2.0... Armagetron... :lol

And also GLTron on my first Linux Slackware

mdhay
27th July 2009, 10:30 AM
Wow, there's a lot of Tron fans out there, huh?:lol

NightArh
27th July 2009, 10:36 AM
I didn't see original movie that was released in 1982 so I am not Tron fan probably :p I just liked videogames. Especially GLTron (http://www.gltron.org/)with my friends using one keyboard (up to 4 players) :beer

Hellfire_WZ
27th July 2009, 10:52 AM
Do see it if you get the chance, fantastic film. It does look very dated now but when it was released it was absolutely cutting edge.

Really hope this new one does it justice.

mdhay
27th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Shame, NightArh, the original made me believe that Disney could make films that are for people older than 3.:lol

NightArh
27th July 2009, 11:18 AM
Okay, okay... You have persuaded me! I have to find this VHS somewhere :D I am not sure I will be able to find player for it..

Mu5
27th July 2009, 01:20 PM
Nooo! Dont watch it on VHS....get the DVD!! :D

Thanks for posting this - the previous version I seen was from someone with a camcorder sitting in the crowd at ComicCon, and the quality was very poor.

Cant wait for this :D

LOUDandPROUD
27th July 2009, 04:07 PM
I'm also a fan of the original film, as well as the videogame, which I used to play at my local arcade (damn, it was hard). Really looking forward to this new film!

stin
27th July 2009, 04:58 PM
I have an original DVD here and I must have watched three or four times!

This new version!, looks like I will be watching this in near future!!

stevie:robot

stinkleroy
27th July 2009, 06:18 PM
Wow Tron is back? Awesome, it's even got Jeff BRIDGES in it too...I loved the original movie as a kid, haven't seen it in years though...might have to search it out :D

Hellfire_WZ
27th July 2009, 06:31 PM
You mean Jeff Bridges?

stinkleroy
27th July 2009, 06:39 PM
Jesus my brain is on phantom autopilot today, yes I meant Jeff Bridges haha :paperbag

RedScar
27th July 2009, 07:23 PM
All the Tron fans on the zone coming outta the closet :P

Darkdrium777
27th July 2009, 07:32 PM
I am not a Tron fan though, but I will watch this movie if it is good :)

mdhay
27th July 2009, 07:55 PM
All the Tron fans on the zone coming outta the closest :P

Well, yeah, a guy gets punched in the face and gets taken down! When has Disney done that before?:lol

LOUDandPROUD
27th July 2009, 08:10 PM
Really? Jeff Bridges is in it again? That's so awesome. I love him as an actor.

The Dude abides... ;)

Chuckzombie
27th July 2009, 10:26 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this and how they re-visit an old classic. In the meantime I'll dust-off my special edition dvd...

I have to wonder though, who will be the bad guy this time, to replace David Warners' character, Sark. My money's on Bill Gates! ;)

IH8YOU
28th July 2009, 03:19 AM
I've never seen Tron - ever. Yes, I'm serious.

Now commence the lynching!

Mu5
28th July 2009, 04:14 AM
What?....Heres a taste :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiw2FbHBd14

One of the cool bits in the film - my favourite scene being the light cycles of course :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ODe9mqoDE

Classic :D

Motorsagmannen
28th July 2009, 04:30 AM
damn, looks sexy. i need to see this so that i can look forward to the new one :lol

LOUDandPROUD
28th July 2009, 07:48 PM
Finally got around to watching the trailer for the new one and wow...I'm even more excited than I already was!

Lance
4th August 2009, 10:52 PM
I liked the original TRON, too, especially the light cycles, and the bit where this sort of cyber insect 'flies' on a cyber guidewire above the boardscape.

PoliPino
6th August 2009, 06:37 PM
I've never seen Tron - ever. Yes, I'm serious.

Now commence the lynching!

Wow, really?

*Get 'ur pitchforks ready!!* :p

Before Pixar, Tron was the only good Disney movie.
I LOVED the Intellivision games too. I spent hours playing Tron Deadly Discs when I was little

NightArh
14th September 2009, 12:38 PM
The Latino Review caught the action at Disney's D23 Expo a few days ago, and they got a few words from producer Steven Linsberger. What came out of the exchange would certainly be good news for Tron-atics all over the world - Tron: Legacy is in the works.

Linsberger wasn't sure if he should mention it or not, but let it loose anyway. There is indeed a new Tron game in the works, and Disney Interactive is on the job. That's all he said though - other details like platform and genre are still a big mystery, but at least Tron fans will have that assurance.

DawnFireDragoon
14th September 2009, 05:25 PM
literally just finished watching the first Tron 5 minutes ago...and i still think it's a really awesome movie.

i'm pretty excited about the prospect of this new movie, especially as the trailer looked amazing! :rock

KGB
15th September 2009, 09:13 AM
I went to the pictures to see the original. It was cutting edge at the time but has dated badly. Didn't like the film much and my mate threw up in his seat because he ate too many Cola Bottles. So it was a bad night really.

It will be interesting to see if the new one is any good.

NightArh
25th November 2009, 07:46 AM
New video game will be released as well

http://www.spike.com/video/tron-video-game-to/3294095

YouAreFubar
10th March 2010, 09:07 PM
New Tron Movie Trailer (http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/34401/tron-2/videos/tron_leg_trl_030910.html?show=hi)

Its going to be in IMAX 3D as well, looks pretty sweet!!!!

q_dmc12
11th March 2010, 12:38 AM
Interesting:eek

RedScar
11th March 2010, 01:16 AM
I'm going to try and get IMAX tickets for sure. PUMPED!!!!

infoxicated
11th March 2010, 10:20 AM
The new movie looks excellent from the trailer :)

rdmx
11th March 2010, 11:20 AM
Never seen the 1st one (it looks very archaic by today's standards) but this one looks very pretty and interesting.

Dan Locke
11th March 2010, 02:40 PM
If you haven't seen it, you should probably know that it's essentially a generic fantasy movie dressed up with computer graphics and hokey terminology. It looks pretty cool (in its own glowy, flat-shaded way), but you get the feeling that the people behind it had no experience with computers apart from seeing somebody use one for about a minute. If you know anything about computers, it's comedy gold.

stin
11th March 2010, 04:28 PM
Niiice, I did watched my original version on my DVD and this one is looking good and hopefully I will be getting blu-ray for that.

stevie:)

eLhabib
11th March 2010, 04:56 PM
Well, Dan, the original is from 1982 (like most of the best things ;)) - a time when computers were still something mysterious to the broad masses. Of course, the actual story with programs being enslaved by the evil mainframe is total humbug, but I think it was never the goal to depict the innards of a computer in a realistic way ;) An it's a top film to boot!

Will be interesting to see though how they make the story not seem completely ridiculous nowadays...