PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Fury

RoyBrown
23rd July 2009, 02:31 PM
PSN didnt update the latest release list yet.

But if you search A-Z that updates early.

I always check it.

Anyway.

New to the forum so Im sorry if this is completely noob or whatever.

Hope its good.

75% done.

EDIT

Already posting something in the wrong section. lol

AG-wolf
23rd July 2009, 02:36 PM
WHere are you, geographically? Because i don't see it in the PSN store here on the east coast of the US.

guillaume
23rd July 2009, 02:37 PM
Me neither. Anyone in France got it yet?

EDIT: oh thanks RoyBrown, I didn't think it would be *in* WipeoutHD. Now all I need is my boss' credit card :g
EDIT2: Downloading!
EDIT3: Downloaded and installed!!

RoyBrown
23rd July 2009, 02:37 PM
Australia.

I searched in the A-Z catagory>Wipeout>WipeoutHD

:)

And it was there.

Reezy
23rd July 2009, 02:38 PM
Tytytytyty :d

Roz
23rd July 2009, 02:39 PM
Europe! It is there in the A-Z section! Downloading!

ProblemSolver
It's not out in the US and, well, Germany -- at the moment. But it's out in the
UK, FR, NL, SP, at least.

Reezy
I found it by going to ps3 games --> racing --> wipeout HD --> fury

RoyBrown
23rd July 2009, 02:42 PM
Can't wait to play this beast.

Wish my net wasnt about to be capped. lol.

Im supposed to get up early.

God damn.

lol.

AG-wolf
23rd July 2009, 02:42 PM
Oh I see, When you select "Wipeout HD," it opens another panel with themes and videos and etc... Fury isn't there yet though :/

ProblemSolver
23rd July 2009, 02:43 PM
it's out in germany as well

djKyoto
23rd July 2009, 02:45 PM
DOWNLOADING YEAH.

Sleep time now. :rock

okam
23rd July 2009, 02:46 PM
Downloading now, found it as entry #4 under "latest".

IDReaper
Still watching for US release, not there yet though =(.

Spece2goin
i never thought a downlaod could be so slow
even with 1MB every 2 seconds (which is very nice for my connection) i can't wait for the last 30%...

and fury is such a nice things, just near the killzone2 6euros pack with only 2 maps...

djluring
D/Ling it now. :)

Eloï
23rd July 2009, 02:47 PM
Waiting for my brother to give his approval... ;)

Enjoy fury all ! :D

RoyBrown
23rd July 2009, 02:48 PM
769mb in Australia.

Should be less in the US because of localisation.

Constrictor
23rd July 2009, 02:58 PM
Installing ... 55% just a few more secs :rock

ProblemSolver
23rd July 2009, 03:00 PM
DL started ... 31% :rock

satriales
23rd July 2009, 03:01 PM
769mb in Australia.

Should be less in the US because of localisation.

It's 738MB in the UK. Downloading it now but it's got another 30 mins left.

dobyblue
23rd July 2009, 04:22 PM
I thought US would have had it by now.

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 04:51 PM
No release in the US yet. What is taking so long?

Darkdrium777
23rd July 2009, 04:54 PM
Heh, I'm still waiting.

DividedXZero
23rd July 2009, 04:59 PM
i probably wont see it till after 5 today...
Just like always with the PSN store.
oh well.... T_T *sniff, sniff*

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 05:15 PM
Of course. The one game I'm actually looking forward to, and I won't even get to play it today.

lunar
23rd July 2009, 05:27 PM
I`m only on 35% and it`s not moving because the kids are playing LBP online. This is what parents have to deal with!!! Methinks its time for them to get their holiday homework done, piano practice, bath and an early night. :)

Roz
23rd July 2009, 05:28 PM
Haha, I think so too lunar. Come join the party =)

zeeZ
23rd July 2009, 05:58 PM
Actually, installing took me longer than downloading :p

klax75
23rd July 2009, 06:36 PM
AHHH!!! It's not out in the US and I have to leave for school at 5 pm. :(

Haven't posted in ages.

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 07:10 PM
I know. Why does it have to be released so late?

Darkdrium777
23rd July 2009, 07:15 PM
Everyone in the world but us can buy it now. The Australians have it, the Asians have it, the Europeans have it.
Damn this is frustrating, I'm feeling quite down now. Everyone's talking about the new tracks and I'm a bit alienated. :/

IH8YOU
23rd July 2009, 07:17 PM
Dark - I can't buy it. Neither can Ultramegachkn. Slayer34, ACRooklyn.....

BARTgai
23rd July 2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah I feel your pain. Racing online and seeing people using the new ships just bugs the hell out of me :(

Please update the store!

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:22 PM
Agreed, im gonna bust some caps!

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 07:30 PM
Double agree. I see all these races, Fury Expansion Required. In the races that don't require it I see the new ships and my hatred towards Sony as of now grows.

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:31 PM
I see the new ships, I beat them to prove that skills triumphs over Stronger ships ;)

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 07:32 PM
I did as well. Someone came into a 4 Race Flash Tourney and tried to beat me, but my silver Icaras put them in their place.:D

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:36 PM
I ust entered a room full of Fury ships, Won by 23 Seconds on Met Forward. (Phantom)

DividedXZero
23rd July 2009, 07:38 PM
:rock
:clap:clap:clap

That's Awesome Vart!!
Man that would be such a gratifying feeling...

I thought you needed Fury to see the new ships..perhaps the code was snuck in 2.0 patch. (Like SF4 has costumes on the disc, but needed the key paid for to use them).

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:40 PM
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
Fury Expansion Needed
RandomName 8/8 Phantom
RandomName 4/8 Venom

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Sausehuhn
23rd July 2009, 07:43 PM
I see all these races, Fury Expansion Required
Does that mean if somebody hosts an event containing Fury tracks, that people who don't have it can't join?
If so: Welcome to WipEout Pulse 2. It splits the community into two parts which is not really a nice thing. Not sure how far online sharing goes, but I would have liked that, so people could have at least join those races.

DividedXZero
23rd July 2009, 07:43 PM
"WARNING!."
"WARNING!.."
"INCOMING VART!'
"WARNING!"

(Tear it up man!)

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:47 PM
Haha, im trying my friends PS3 Doesn seem to like the online mode too much and I keep locking up.

All the games I seem to be joining dont have alot of Highly skilled racers, the smallest lead Ive had at the end of the 1st lap is literally 12 seconds.

It sucks :(

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 07:47 PM
Does that mean if somebody hosts an event containing Fury tracks, that people who don't have it can't join?

Exactly right unfortunately, but you can see the fury ships.

Sausehuhn
23rd July 2009, 07:49 PM
Now if Fury wasn't the last DLC containing new racing tracks that will be much fun in the future!

Colin Berry
23rd July 2009, 07:54 PM
Alternatively, if people could play all the fury content online without buying the expansion, then it would sell less, and we'd be less likely to make another wipeout ever again (given sony is a business and revenue counts)

If I wanted to play the content of a game single or multiplayer then I would expect to have to buy it.

If it splits the community in two (between those who have it and those who dont) then maybe it might encourage some folk to buy it, is that a bad thing ? more sales, mean more success, which ultimately, means more Wipeout.

£7.99

Spent !

now if only i could kick my gf off the big tv :(

:)

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 07:55 PM
It may be, I dunno. I wouldn't be opposed to more DLC.

IH8YOU
23rd July 2009, 07:55 PM
Winning in my HD Auricom is so much better when you're flying against Fury Icarai.

That extra level of satisfaction. :nod

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 07:56 PM
YOU HAVE ONE VERY ANGRY SOON TO BE VERY HAPPY WHEN YOU RELEASE IN NORTH AMERICAN CUSTOMER :)

if I buy 2 copies can I have it now?

;)

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 08:06 PM
If I promise not to form a mob in front of your headquarters, would you release now Sony?

IH8YOU
23rd July 2009, 08:08 PM
Vart - I already tried that - no luck. I even threw tacos into the deal. It fell upon deaf ears. :?

BARTgai
23rd July 2009, 08:08 PM
Anyone know how to get in contact with those responsible for updating the store? I'd love to call them with an Arnold soundboard. :g

DividedXZero
23rd July 2009, 08:10 PM
Did we try offering some Red Bull?

We must sacrifice our staple source of energy and reflexes to WO in exchange for Fury! Will they hear our calls?!?

LOUDandPROUD
23rd July 2009, 08:10 PM
Yah, I'im losing my mind here! :dizzy

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 08:12 PM
Vart - I already tried that - no luck. I even threw tacos into the deal. It fell upon deaf ears. :?

You threw in a taco?

Wow and they STILL Didnt take it'?

IH8YOU
23rd July 2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I know. Out here, even Vegans like tacos!

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 08:14 PM
No kidding. i would've easily done it for tacos. I'll give up my 4 6packs of Pepsi as well.

Vartazian
23rd July 2009, 08:19 PM
Amorbis and Z1 Joined my room. Racing with Fury ships.

im at a friends house so all my Controls are messed up...

Still winning half the rounds.

LOUDandPROUD
23rd July 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm sure they would have bitten if you were talkin pink tacos. ;)

KGB
23rd July 2009, 08:20 PM
It would be nice if the store even let me by the ****ing thing. Waited ages for this then look what happens. ****ing bollocks!!!!!!

Not happy.

EDIT: Finally worked. just 219 minutes to go.

Happy

Sausehuhn
23rd July 2009, 08:33 PM
Alternatively, if people could play all the fury content online without buying the expansion, then it would sell less […]
Fair point made, Colin! :)

You're probably right there. Does spectator mode work for the Fury tracks then? Because that could motivate players to buy the expansion. If they can actually see the new tracks ingame, they can get a real impression of the tracks, rather than an "expansion required, go away".
You guys could mark those races with a big sign saying "watch instead?" to make the tracks jummy for people without the content :)

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 08:42 PM
That would be nice promotion for the expansion and they should definitely implement that.

Paul Tweedle
23rd July 2009, 09:22 PM
Fair point made, Colin! :)

You're probably right there. Does spectator mode work for the Fury tracks then? Because that could motivate players to buy the expansion. If they can actually see the new tracks ingame, they can get a real impression of the tracks, rather than an "expansion required, go away".
You guys could mark those races with a big sign saying "watch instead?" to make the tracks jummy for people without the content :)

Here's how it works;

The ship data is in the update. Therefore you will be able to see the new ships if someone with Fury uses them. You won't, obviously, be able to choose them yourself.

The track data is in the Fury Expansion- which is why it's 700+ meg- those gorgeous tracks sure do take a lot of art to create. If you don't buy Fury you can't play on or see the new tracks or game modes period.

As Col says if you could join a Fury online game without having bought Fury Studio Liverpool would likely make no money and therefore jeopardise future game development, not to mention our jobs. £7.99 is an excellent price for what you get with Fury and everyone who's tried seems to be enjoying it- take the plunge guys.

Paul.

Rubix42
23rd July 2009, 09:27 PM
I don't have it yet, but Fury looks like the most robust expansion pack offered on either the PSN or XBL service to date. For the same price of $10 US, I purchased the Mirror's Edge expansion, which is not as much content. I purchased the Prince of Persia expansion, about 3 hours of content, maybe 6 or 7 if you replayed it a few times. Maps for Halo have been 10 for 3.

None of them have added any soundtrack updates.

This expansion is 50% bigger than the initial game, for half the price you paid for the initial game, that's a hell of a value.

Handmadelion
23rd July 2009, 09:29 PM
I'll have to agree Paul, you get your money's worth and then some with this xpac. And we certainly don't want to jeopardize the next disc-based Wipeout PS3 title! :D

Darkdrium777
23rd July 2009, 09:35 PM
Rubix: Titan Pack (http://beyondunreal.com/articles/titan-pack-reveal/) + Patch 2.0 of UT3 (All FREE) say hello.
Though not a big share of the game comparatively to the original disc based game, the Titan Pack is still an ass kicker in terms of content available for Free:

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 09:41 PM
It definitely is a huge deal and everyone should get it....if it only would be released sometime today!

Rubix42
23rd July 2009, 09:43 PM
I tend not to include UT3 in the discussion, simply because UT has always been about free growth to the game in the PC world. Through mods (also available on PS3) and the community development kits. It's just a different kind of beast that is foreign to the online marketplace that Sony and M$ are trying to develop on their respective services.

jimsin
23rd July 2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, listen to Paul - I'm gobsmacked at how wonderful the expansion is - Wipeout HD has been by far the best reason to have a PS3 to date, and Fury is just wonderful beyond belief. I'd pay £7.99 just to be able to watch the camera float about the tracks - well worth every penny and more besides!!!!

Roz
23rd July 2009, 09:44 PM
Played some Zone Battles with ProblemSolver, good races mate. But please change the track next time! I also love Anulpha Pass but there are other tracks!

:beer

Sausehuhn
23rd July 2009, 09:46 PM
As Col says if you could join a Fury online game without having bought Fury Studio Liverpool would likely make no money and therefore jeopardise future game development, not to mention our jobs. £7.99 is an excellent price for what you get with Fury and everyone who's tried seems to be enjoying it- take the plunge guys.

I didn't want to offend anyone; as Colin already said, you're going the right way and I second that.
I wasn't exactly sure how the sharing works (with the ships and in general), so I only thought the spectator mode could be used as a good promotion.

Personally, I think the pricing (of HD and Fury) is more than fair, really. I just can't afford the costs of a PS3 so I will most likely not buy HD or Fury any time soon ;)
But that's not you fault, guys. :)

SonicChaos
23rd July 2009, 09:48 PM
Unless that rumored price drop comes about.

Handmadelion
23rd July 2009, 11:28 PM
Reconfirming, Fury is out in the states. Currently downloading. 22%

Norfolk'n'Clue
23rd July 2009, 11:33 PM
£7.99 is an excellent price for what you get with Fury and everyone who's tried seems to be enjoying it- take the plunge guys.

To be honest lads, even if I buy the expansion (which I have) and don't play it and counting that cost, I still think I will have had value for money on just the old content. It's got to work out at less than a tenth of a penny per hour or something soft like that. So yeh, bought anyway just to support UK dev studio. Courtesy of the UK gov't's Job Seeker's Allowance - which is part of the tax you pay anyway, so it's very circular! :P

IxDELTAxI
23rd July 2009, 11:37 PM
Im downloading this now its at 18% I can't wait to play the new campaign.

ProblemSolver
24th July 2009, 03:52 AM
@Roz: thx m8! You, too! :nod
About the track change; Well, the story is twofold. One cannot switch the
track (in Zone Battle) once you have chosen one. You have to re-create the
game. You can't even create a Zone Battle tournament. Eh? However, I
hosted other tracks as well, but the servers weren't that full, with
the exception of Vineta K and Anulpha Pass. That's because most ppl are
very familiar with VK and AP.
The other part of the story is that lotz of good friends, not only from this
place here, wanted to see me performing (actually showing them) on AP!
And that's what I did. :g

RobCoxy
24th July 2009, 05:12 AM
One cannot switch the track (in Zone Battle) once you have chosen one. You have to re-create the game. You can't even create a Zone Battle tournament.

What! That's a little stupid SL lol. Not the end of the world, but still ;).

Glad to hear you're whooping everyone PS ;). Only a fool would join a room hosted by you on Anulpha Pass! Which is probably why i would...

ProblemSolver
24th July 2009, 05:21 AM
@RobCoxy: I got quite a lot of mails during Zone Battle. Never thought that
my presence was so in need. xD Holy!

EDIT:
Ah wait! One can change the tracks. Strange, it didn't worked for me
after a race was finish. But the tournament thing doesn't work with
Zone Battle.

nexusc
24th July 2009, 07:16 AM
Ahh the end of the week is here, heading home to finally download this beast!

There will be no sleep, and plenty of explosions... :rock

flashbax
24th July 2009, 07:43 AM
Hey problemsolver i tryd to join a few games you were hosting but everytime it told me there was a problem with the server??? Do you have invite only games??

ProblemSolver
24th July 2009, 08:39 AM
Nope, was PUBLIC all the time.
The thing is, I was kicked out of my own game and couldn't even join it
therafter. xD I even couldn't create a new one! I booted my PS3 up
again and the problem was gone. Eh? Might be a bug. Btw; Can you
remember the error message?

flashbax
24th July 2009, 08:46 AM
Can't really i was playing for around 5hrs solid, I think i was something like "host has left game, or game no longer in progress" but there was a race on when i tryd to join? It happened every time i tryd:?

SonicChaos
24th July 2009, 01:50 PM
That's odd, but I have to say I'm loving the expansion. $10 well spent. You're pretty much getting Wipeout HD 2 for half the original cost.

Rubix42
24th July 2009, 01:53 PM
I agree that it is fantastic, but don't tell them that this is HD2. Cause you know, we all want a large PS3 disc release that has new content along the lines and size of Pulse.

SonicChaos
24th July 2009, 07:51 PM
Well it could be. I'd love to see another Wipeout on disc, but the amount of content in the update is massive.

Rubix42
24th July 2009, 07:57 PM
Agreed, and I love it! Just want more, more, more:beer