PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Paradise, Big Surf Island - any good?

okam
19th July 2009, 11:06 PM
Its been out for a while, but I haven't been on the PS3 that much lately (nor have I played Burnout since... march or something). I know some of you play Burnout Paradise, so if any of you have the DLC I'd like to hear how you like it. Worth the money? I will be putting money on my PSN account this week for fury anyway, so am considering adding Big Surf Island aswell (and NumBlast :) )

infoxicated
20th July 2009, 09:14 PM
I'm in the same boat - I haven't played 'Paradise in months and, when I did try to go back to it, they'd updated the front end in a way that only EA could have had a hand in. It was disgusting - they'd just hosed all over the distinctive look that it launched with and I just didn't like it at all.

Gameplay wise I'm not sure if I'd go back to it, now - I already started from scratch when they patched in the trophies and I think I might have played myself sick of it at that point. Way too much grinding to get up through the levels.

So unless Big Surf Island is a revelation of sorts, I might as well just trade it.

Z_Zoquis
20th July 2009, 11:26 PM
I like BSI quite a lot. Its all about stunts and crazy jumps and so forth. The Dust Storm car is great fun...

xtrem_racer
21st July 2009, 02:06 AM
its cool, but i waited for more, the island is quite small (kinda the size of the downtown), and the only new car is the dust storm, all the other cars are just remakes of the older ones, criterion just got lazy befor the bikes and didint made any new car (which i was hoping for) ALL the dlc cars are just remakes of older cars (except for dust storm which was made since march or june of 2008) which lefts A LOT to wish from criterion.

okam
21st July 2009, 09:52 AM
Hmm... sounds like it might not be worth the money then. It's a bit pricey in my opinion. Fury and NumBlast it is, BSI shall have to wait (perhaps indefinitely).

DeepMix
22nd July 2009, 05:01 AM
well i bought it since the day of it release, its a great addon but it doesnt have much of replay value, the cars are great and so is the island but theres only 10 island challenge that can be completed easily so in my opinion it costs too much that it should, if u really like burnout and u have some friends who u can play with then buy it

infoxicated
22nd July 2009, 07:19 PM
Nice one, that's good feedback. :+

I think I'll pass on it until either I'm much better off or they have it in a fire sale for next to nothing.