PDA

View Full Version : Stupid and dumb forum/s

KIGO1987
2nd July 2009, 04:18 PM
Seriously im not sure how many of are apart of that other forum called gamesfags, but its a very retarded and dumb stupid designed forum indeed.

Firstly signing up in there is retarded,

once you signed up in there navigation there is retarded too,

then when you do a post on there entitled, "Where the **** are you Ace? I havent seen you on messenger in ages",

Then you cant go back to the thread you posted on and you get a dumb error 403 message, realising you lost privilages for dropping a swear word. Then after creating a second account to view that thread you posted on with your first account, you realise that your post got deleted,

then when you try posting with you second account you have lesser privilages than that of your first one account when you you signed up before, what a waste of half an hour that was trying to do a single post there.

****ing dumb forum it is. I hope it dies up one day,

That makes me more appreciate Wipeoutzone, this is such of a much nicer and better community, good for Rob for creating it, one of the most civilised forums on the planet:)

Rapier Racer
2nd July 2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah I noticed that too in the 5 minutes I spent over there. It bangs on about needing to attain a certain level before you can access this board and that board.

Assuming this is based on post count, it might as well say 'To access this board GET SPAMMING!'

Amorbis
2nd July 2009, 04:50 PM
Once upon a time I went on an independent multiplatform forum which I will not name as it still exists. Said forum was a nice forum for about a year before it became increasingly popular. This brought a lot of not-so-nice people, trolls and silly users to the forum who in the end made me decide emigrate to another forum. Due to the multiplatform nature of the forum it felt very segregated with each user lashing out at each other over their personal preferences. This wasn't very good for people like me who simply wanted a polite discussion on games and anything else. There where also those who were power hungry and constantly attempted to gain status within the forum either by having a bajillion posts to make themselves look good or by pestering the forum owner who was a nice person, but thankfully knew to ignore these types.

Were lucky here that everyone is so polite and well mannered. I can't imagine going back to a big forum full of the scourge of the internet. I'd rather stay here at WZ and have some fun AG races instead :D.

Hellfire_WZ
2nd July 2009, 04:51 PM
Assuming this is based on post count, it might as well say 'To access this board GET SPAMMING!'

It's based on a karma system. You get 1 karma for every day you log in, and the board ranks are based on that instead of post count. I do like that idea as it prevents board spamming, but to actually lock out functions such as board search until you reach the appropriate rank is ridiculous. Even then, it only searches for exact matches in topic titles.

Although saying that, I am an Ancient on there, so what does that tell you about me? ;)

Rapier Racer
2nd July 2009, 04:57 PM
I stand firmly corrected, I still won't be joining tho :+

KIGO1987
2nd July 2009, 05:08 PM
The Karma system what a stupid system, clearly a bunch of retards must be control of that place.

I would have a system of an "eye for an eye", thats a much better system.

SaturnReturn
2nd July 2009, 05:37 PM
Kigo - My sister has down syndrome. If you really absolutely have to use this as an insult, as is frequently becoming more common (not by you, I just mean generally), please at least use something like "down syndrome people" and acknowledge their existence as human beings. Preferably don't use it at all. Down syndrome people have a wide range of abilities and disabilities and to refer to people with such a condition in the way you did can be quite offensive and looks ignorant. I realise that it's not going to bother most people as they won't have the personal connection/experience that I do, but I think the world would be a better place if people generally didn't express themselves in this way.

Thanks.

KIGO1987
2nd July 2009, 06:01 PM
My Bad SR. That was a stupid thing to say, sorry.

SaturnReturn
2nd July 2009, 06:06 PM
It's OK. It's easy to not realise how people can take things personally if you don't have personal attachment to the situation etc. We're good.

xEik
2nd July 2009, 06:08 PM
Geamfaqs is good for faqs. Who would have thought it? :P
I've never used their forums but I don't see the need for all the hate.
Don't like it? Don't go there. It's simple.

Darkdrium777
2nd July 2009, 06:30 PM
Use Gamespot instead. It's better, you get to have an avatar and a signature \o/ and I think you can post in all boards the moment you register. The only thing is if you post links like this (http://www.google.ca), Gamefaqs users won't be able to see them so you'll have to give the url directly like this: http://www.google.ca .

KIGO1987
2nd July 2009, 06:33 PM
Only reason why i went on that stupid forum xEik is to try to get into contact with someone, im a bit worried about, ACE, he's a nice guy, just that he deals with alot of fuktards in the industry that he works in, makes him cranky to everybody around him.

It's OK. It's easy to not realise how people can take things personally if you don't have personal attachment to the situation etc. We're good.

I have a sister too, but mine is a backstabbing two faced bitchface, that i havent spoken to in years.

LOUDandPROUD
2nd July 2009, 06:52 PM
KIGO, I think we have the same sister. :P

Mu5
3rd July 2009, 10:25 AM
@SaturnReturn : I agree his use of offensive slang is out of order.

@Kigo : How you are being allowed to continually post with more than acceptable bad language within this forum is beyond me. You are bringing this forum down - please stop it. Just to let you know, I have filtered out your posts from my view on this forum so I dont need to endure your lack of vocabulary / intelligence any longer. I suggest using Wikipedia (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/retard) to find out the correct meaning of words before using them, especially if you are using them to cause offence.

djKyoto
3rd July 2009, 11:33 AM
I don't understand why you need to tell us this (refering to OP) ? :|

Darkdrium777
3rd July 2009, 11:41 AM
Mu5: Because you've never used such a vocabulary, right. Here's the disambiguation page for "tit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit)" on Wikipedia.

Mu5
3rd July 2009, 12:04 PM
Correct :clap never used that word in my life.

Darkdrium777
3rd July 2009, 12:23 PM
I lol'd

eLhabib
3rd July 2009, 12:46 PM
Don't be flaming so hard here - the guy has a point: there's an awful lot of unnessecary swearing going on by some individuals recently. Think about it. Swearwords have a lot more impact if they are used sparsely.

KIGO1987
3rd July 2009, 01:27 PM
@SaturnReturn : I agree his use of offensive slang is out of order.

@Kigo : How you are being allowed to continually post with more than acceptable bad language within this forum is beyond me. You are bringing this forum down - please stop it. Just to let you know, I have filtered out your posts from my view on this forum so I dont need to endure your lack of vocabulary / intelligence any longer. I suggest using Wikipedia (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/retard) to find out the correct meaning of words before using them, especially if you are using them to cause offence.

1. SR never used that sentence in any of his quotes on this thread, so thats bs.

2. Ive talked to SR at the problem at hand, and that has been resolved, so mind your bloody own business.

3. Im not changing my posts to satisfy your individual opinion,

4. Like with all post ive done here since May 2008, i stand by them,

5. There is a bit of a cultural divide, so im being more cautious with my posts now,

6. Mu5 i took your neg rep on the shoulder and absorbed it, when i neg rep you on almost on identical matter you had a cry about it,

7. This thread i created here is about how i DO like this place, in comparison to other forums.

8. Rob do what you wish as this is your forum, and you created it, and it is your house, and we are you visitors. Close this thread if its in the best interests, because i do not want to create a flame war, or a war of any kind, also i do not intend to bring this place down.

-END-