PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson died today.

Lance
25th June 2009, 10:48 PM
Unexpected, like everything else about him.

A great entertainer, among many other things unusual and controversial.

TheFrostE
25th June 2009, 10:49 PM
who would have thought heart attack huh

blackwiggle
25th June 2009, 10:52 PM
Posted at the exact same time,Farrah Fawcett as well.

Lance
25th June 2009, 10:53 PM
Too much chronic stress, maybe? That's supposed to cause heart attacks.

----------

Three of us started a new topic for this in the same minute. I don't know what to do about the duplication. Merging them all would mess up all of them.

JJohnEames
25th June 2009, 10:55 PM
Pretty shocking news. Definitly a "where were you when...." type of day. Controversial, but no one can say he didn't have some great tunes. A sad day.

swift killer
25th June 2009, 11:00 PM
I can't believe it... he's gone

Amorbis
25th June 2009, 11:04 PM
Very bad news and very unexpected :(. To think I'd heard one of his songs on the radio earlier today. I'll remember him for some of his great songs and his crazy film and Megadrive game.

z1r0rEi
25th June 2009, 11:05 PM
very sad day for the World of Music, there will never be a entertainer like him:(

G'Kyl
25th June 2009, 11:05 PM
I do hope he found peace wherever he went.

Certainly controversial, yes. I do see him as one who wanted to change things for the better, but couldn't fit in.

Lance
25th June 2009, 11:08 PM
I think he was someone who would never just let his life be shaped by a roll of the dice.

TheFrostE
25th June 2009, 11:10 PM
after the day i was at Erics house (Ag wolf) and he told me that michael jackson had a hand in the music from sonic and knuckles i had a new found respect for him :D

Lance
25th June 2009, 11:13 PM
He did? I love Sonic and Knuckles.

Rapier Racer
25th June 2009, 11:15 PM
I was just driving home, 23.50 the adverts on the radio station cut off with the DJ announcing news just in that he'd died, quite taken back by it I gotta say.

I did not know he had a hand in the music for S&N! man I love that soundtrack got em all ripped onto my PC.

R.I.P Micheal

z1r0rEi
25th June 2009, 11:15 PM
yea ,listened to some of his song on the radio, today, dont stop till u get enough ,and dont blame it on the sunshine, very sad indeed, shocked, he was gona do some live shows at the o2 arena in london, this is it tour, in july, just think of all the fans who had the tickets to see him, shocked,:frown:

blackwiggle
25th June 2009, 11:16 PM
I see why the blocked off the hospital,have a look at the huge crowd that have gathered in the 15 minutes since word first got out.:eek

This is going to be media saturation +200 for the next week.

Hollywood pariahs are going to be hunting down his mother for rights to make a movie on him now,you can bet your house on it.

I wonder what will happen to his kids?

stinkleroy
25th June 2009, 11:18 PM
Holy **** yeah I'm just watching this on the news...this might be controversial but I'm kind of glad. Michael Jackson was my hero when I was kid and Off The Wall is definately one of my top ten albums of all time. But over the past ten years or so it's just been so sad to watch the king of pop descend into the king of craziness. So I'm glad that has stopped, it's a relief and hopefully people will remember the music not the madness. RIP MJ

Lance
25th June 2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah, the last several years of his life were sad, He never wanted to be old; maybe that's why he finally died in middle age.

ProblemSolver
25th June 2009, 11:39 PM
One of the greatest is gone ... forever.

R.I.P. MICHAEL JACKSON

archman
26th June 2009, 12:51 AM
RIP MJ and +1 @ Stinkleroy about stopping himself from being the king of craziness.

stin
26th June 2009, 04:45 AM
I`m pretty shocked by his tragic death!!!:eek

Billie Jean, Thriller, Beat It, Bad, We Are The World, the list are endless!

Tbh, I knew he is crazy but hellva performer after all these years!

RIP

stevie:frown:

q_dmc12
26th June 2009, 05:33 AM
He did? I love Sonic and Knuckles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4&NR=1

KGB
26th June 2009, 05:58 AM
This is right up there with Elvis and Lennon.

I'm sad about the way his life went in the 90's. I remember he did a interview with Oprah which I thought was a bad (not a pun) idea, as he blew away all the mystique about himself. The media jumped all over it and then all the allegations started coming out. I don't think he was ever the same after that. :frown:

Staying up late to watch the Thriller Video on 'The Tube' (British TV music programme) for the first ever showing on telly is a memory I will not forget.

alterego
26th June 2009, 07:14 AM
Hi All.

Sad Day.....

only a few days ago I show 'Thriller' video to my son Denis and said him about the big influence on the music showbiz of this track......

He's gone....but He said:

"
If the angels took me from this earth
I would tell them bring me back to her
It’s a chance I’ll take, maybe I’ll stay
Heaven can wait
"

...but this time the Heaven can't wait....to listen to his music art :(

Read You Soon
CdRom

ProblemSolver
27th June 2009, 07:17 PM
Despite all the sad things, let's remember what he was most famous for.

http://www.gamersyde.com/img_newsgeneric/8151.jpg (http://www.gamersyde.com/news_8151_en.html)
(click)

KIGO1987
28th June 2009, 07:53 AM
Remember your post here Problemsolver?

post #40# on this thread;
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...?t=6349&page=4

ProblemSolver
28th June 2009, 08:20 AM
You never know when it's gonna be your turn.
That's the game!

EDIT
@KIGO: If you look at the date of my post you mentioned,
you will recognize that it was way before he died.

ProblemSolver
7th July 2009, 05:57 PM
- CNN live -

Michael Jackson : The Memorial.

Don't miss.

KIGO1987
7th July 2009, 06:04 PM
Im watching it on CH9 AUS atm.

Got the telle on mute now since ive listen to some very bad singing from someone, not sure who it was, but i hates it.

Wow now theyve got a montage now!

ProblemSolver
7th July 2009, 07:03 PM
What a speech form Rev. Al Sharpton!

He said to Michael's children;
"Nothing strange about your daddy, it was strange what he had to deal with!"

Michael's daughter stood up clapping and the crowd followed right at the
spot.

He showed the world within one sentence. Respect!

EDIT: Rev. Al Sharpton speech is already up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MAKLq865bk

Lance
7th July 2009, 07:11 PM
Yes. What is strange is that so many of us need to hate, to despise, to destroy in order to feel better about ourselves. Part of it is that genetically inbuilt tribalism; part of it is ego. We always have to deal with it, but too few of us fight it off within ourselves.

ACE-FLO
7th July 2009, 07:18 PM
Lance, I agree. The need to destroy is too close to satisfying ones ego.

It's time to take a good long hard look at "the man in the mirror!"

ProblemSolver
7th July 2009, 07:51 PM
@Lance: Hopefully his death will change something within this regard.

This memorial was the best thing I've seen on TV by a long shot.

Lance
7th July 2009, 08:05 PM
I was very struck by how beautifully Jermaine sang 'Smile'.

----

I do not think that the world will change anytime soon, if ever; that's why we should treasure every bit of sweetness and innocence that comes our way. We live in a very cynical world that doesn't understand innocence, that doesn't want to believe in it, because so many of us don't feel that we can live up to that ideal state of being, don't feel that that sort of grace is in us. We shouldn't feel bad about ourselves, though; we should recognise that beautiful state of being when we see it, and should imitate it to the best of our ability, to be the best of ourselves.

ProblemSolver
7th July 2009, 08:21 PM
----
Damn, I couln'd say it any better.

eLhabib
8th July 2009, 04:29 AM
I was very struck by how beautifully Germaine sang 'Smile'.

Absof*ckinglutely! I just happened to turn on my TV just as he was about to sing - very moving moment I have to say.