PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear series 13

blackwiggle
25th June 2009, 03:45 AM
I just watched the first of the new series ,the one with Micheal Schmuacher driving his personal Ferrari FXX around the Top Gear track [Dressed as the STIG] and the worst reasonably priced car lap in history :lol

Still great production values on this show,I can't wait for the rest of the season to air .
The best comedy show on TV.

djKyoto
25th June 2009, 04:06 AM
The best factal show on TV.

Fixed. Don't want to get the Americans upset again.

infoxicated
25th June 2009, 04:07 PM
I used to love it, but it seems like in the quest to out-do the series that went before they just have too many staged things in there now for me to tolerate.

The last straw was when they filmed the Tesla being pushed as if it had ran out of juice when neither of the ones they were testing ran out at all. I think when they went from, say, pretending that the three of them have raced different sports cars across the Alps and finished within 30 seconds of each other, to deliberately misleading people regarding the quality of a car just for a cheap shot it slips from entertainment into worthless bullshit.

I still watch the re-runs of it when they are on, though - the ones from four or five years ago are still very watchable. :)

stinkleroy
25th June 2009, 04:30 PM
Gotta love the Dave channel for that...they repeat Top Gear at nausea ;)

TarotCardKiller
25th June 2009, 04:51 PM
I've seen a couple of Top Gear episodes. The F40 vs the F1 car and the Zonda F vs the Veyron. Those were awesome cars. I'll see if I can which channel it's on. It does look interesting.

silverfoxy
25th June 2009, 05:46 PM
I enjoy Top Gear. As a relative newcomer to it (last 3 years) really enjoy those crazy car vs public transport races they do and how (usually) the car wins. Except when May drives the car.

I'm sure some of the humour must be lost when it gets shown abroad though.

Forgot to Sky+ this weeks episode but its being shown again tomorrow night so got it set up for then. Don't think for 1 minute Schuie is the Stig but nice trick they've played.

OBH
25th June 2009, 07:52 PM
My family swears by top gear. Publicity stunt of Schumacher as the stig was hilarious. Loved it.

Best bit is still them winning an emmy for "the best not scripted tv show".

That and a car moddled into a cottage, wingback chairs and a log fire. i pissed myself laughing.

RJ O'Connell
25th June 2009, 07:55 PM
There's got to be more than one Stig.

Man I can't wait for the new series to get to BBC America.

stin
25th June 2009, 09:46 PM
funnily enough about Stig and seriously I find it hard to believe Schumacher is the Stig!

But overall, I still loved their programs! especially Richard Hammond favourite car called Oliver!, that was hilarious!

stevie:)

infoxicated
25th June 2009, 10:29 PM
Some say he can score an Albatross off a par three and that he can out-drink a Frenchman. All we know is, he's called The Stin! ;)

RedScar
26th June 2009, 12:25 AM
First show was great although I wish the race was more 3 way then 2 way. Stig being Micheal S. is a setup, don't believe it.

djKyoto
26th June 2009, 01:41 AM
I think when they went from, say, pretending that the three of them have raced different sports cars across the Alps and finished within 30 seconds of each other, to deliberately misleading people regarding the quality of a car just for a cheap shot it slips from entertainment into worthless bullshit.

Don't watch it then. I still think it's still the greatest show on TV.

Also the quality of what car?

And yes MS isn't the Stig. It was all a elaborate joke.

rdmx
26th June 2009, 08:00 AM
The Tesla, they said it ran out of electricity, but it really didn't.
EDIT: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/12/top-gear-fudged/

blackwiggle
26th June 2009, 01:40 PM
It was Top Gears way of saying "This is dud technology".

Limited running time plus a lack of recharge points = Death

DawnFireDragoon
26th June 2009, 08:44 PM
top gear is great. the clips they showed of the upcoming episodes at the start of sundays ep. looked really good too. i think i spotted hammond racing those massive transport trucks that carry about 8 cars!!! gonna be good :)

OBH
28th June 2009, 06:15 PM
I just remembered. Top Gears super cars getting stuck in a car park in paris, caused huge traffic jams in the city.

comedy and annoying the frenchies! :g damn fine tv!

Hellfire_WZ
28th June 2009, 06:21 PM
Personal favourite - the 1970's supercars that couldn't get from Bristol to Slough without falling to bits. Clarkson's Merak literally disintegrated!

blackwiggle
1st July 2009, 03:20 PM
HEADS UP LANCE!!!!

Just watched ep 2 of Series 13 of Top Gear.

Stephen Fry has this "Application" for his iphone called "Grinder"

Tells you which is the nearest gay cruising around your area and how far from you they are.:hyper

http://www.videosift.com/video/Stephen-Fry-Back-at-Top-Gear-6-28-2009

Lance
1st July 2009, 05:37 PM
It might just possibly be that I already know those areas. ;)
However, I don't do that anymore. Not only is that way more trouble than it's worth to me, but I'm not a hot young thing anymore as I was when I did do the cruising and club thing. And if I were, EVerywhere is a cruising hotspot.

silverfoxy
7th July 2009, 11:06 AM
Stephen Fry is a legend. His programme around USA was excellent entertainment.

Also this weeks guest Michael McIntyre is growing on me. Saw him on Mock the Week a few times and wasn't overly impressed but he is getting funnier.

That rally course around the airport looked superb. I'm sure May had brown pants by the time it was over.

Best thing on telly at the moment.

blackwiggle
7th July 2009, 01:21 PM
He came very close to rolling the car on his lap.
I loved the small car test with the dogs,very funny.

silverfoxy
7th July 2009, 01:31 PM
Tampering with May's stereo and introducing him to the joys of house music was good as well.

How come you get to see it at same time as us and Kigo can't ??

blackwiggle
7th July 2009, 01:39 PM
They get put up within hours of their 9pm Sunday UK time on a torrent site.

I download them ,burn 2 episodes per disc and send them to KIGO,so he still get's to see them before they are aired here in Australia.

Did you see the T shirt Clarskson's wife gave him ,have a look at the UK Top Gear site .

blackwiggle
28th July 2009, 08:05 AM
Ep 6 was one of the funniest I've seen in ages.

The rally in Spain with the Co Drivers :lol:lol:lol

KIGO1987
28th July 2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah by the time it reaches the Aussie airwaves it has been cut and trimmed, with a whole heap of parts missing. Better to what them as soon as they appear on the BBC.

Whats this about clarkson calling a the PM silly cunty? XD LOL.

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2009, 09:05 AM
Hm? Don't remember that.

Brian Johnson is a legend though :D

silverfoxy
28th July 2009, 09:13 PM
Clarkson called him a c u next tuesday in a warm up part of the show that was never meant to be broadcast.

His hatred of the man is quite amusing though.

Brian Johnson was awesome in the reasonably priced car, so close to breaking the record.

stin
28th July 2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I love Richard Hammond quirky comments, he is a nutter too!

stevie:lol

slimjim
28th July 2009, 10:43 PM
I liked the song about the morris marina

and he compared the old bmw z4 to "getting home and flopping down on a sofa made out of Chuck norris" i loled at that

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2009, 11:11 PM
Can't beat Johnson's story about the gig in Russia though :lol

blackwiggle
28th July 2009, 11:13 PM
Ah Yeah,pissing on Sputnik.:)

RedScar
9th August 2009, 02:51 AM
Aw, well its over but it was an ok series.
My next car is now the HSV Maloo though, i don't care if the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

KIGO1987
27th August 2009, 07:37 PM
You know RedScar, if the US didnt screw up the global economy. Those cars would already be imported to the United States and Canada.

The HSV Malloo Ute and all of its range, was also suppose to be rebadged as a Chevrolet El Camino. And as for your American Ford Crown Victoria, which is stopped public sales in the states. Was also suppose to be replaced by our Melbourne built Ford Falcon.

But you never know. Those FPV F6 Storm goes seriously like a storm, that 4.0L force induced inline six goes very hard indeed. Harder that most V8s out there too.

Seems like Australia is pulling the rest of the world out of this recession.

RedScar
28th August 2009, 02:45 PM
"rebadged as a Chevrolet El Camino"
VOMIT, DO NOT WANT!

I like the way the HSV looks, and chevy would no doubt make it ugly to me somehow like they can with all there cars. Besides, once I learn shift using my left hand a right hand drive car has its own coolness.
Also, if the US Banking system (don't blame the US as a hole) I would have had a job this summer.

The FPV F6 Storm is a nice looking car though, tempting

KIGO1987
28th August 2009, 08:32 PM
The way the VE Holden Commodore was designed, was that it had an integrated center console, that allowed easier transfer of the hand brake from right to left hand drives, same as well with the steering wheel. So the vehicle has been available in both RH and LH variants. They are also sold in the UK as the Vauxhall VRX8, in the US as the Pontiac G8, which is now gone under the New GM, and the VE Commodore is also sold in the Arab countries like UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia as a Chev and Holdens badges.

The FPV F6 Typhoon goes hard and quicker than the GT V8 Falcon with the 5.4Liter V8. Those cars seriously go hard on the open road. The auto variants of the best Falcons including the F6 borrow the ZF6sp Auto from the Aston Martins, so there a great valued car considering what tech they have incorporated in them. I would prefer a F6 over a Commodore any day. I think the current F6s produced 310kWs now. Bhp wise i think that is about just over 400. but the large inline 6s have more torque than a V8 equivalent, thats why they are faster. This is also not including when you mod these F6s. When you increase the boosts on these cars, then you pretty much got yourself a spaceship.