PDA

View Full Version : Giant Red Balls

Hemicrania
20th June 2009, 08:00 PM
I wonder how many people visit this site thinking it has something to do with the tv show...

Ive checked some google search variations, but it seems the game is still winning... but for how long...:eek

SaturnReturn
20th June 2009, 08:13 PM
One of the worst TV shows ever made vs. One of the most iconic games ever made.

I sure hope the game is never overtaken. Although the TV show does seem to be fairly popular. That's just based on the number of wipeout levels I found on LittleBigPlanet that were for the TV show and not the game. I think the old quiz show by the same name that we had in the UK was much better. Bob Monkhouse FTW!

infoxicated
21st June 2009, 09:51 PM
I'm just gutted they didn't approach me with a megabucks offer for the domain name. :|

blackwiggle
21st June 2009, 10:39 PM
They were showing that TV show here in Australia but I think it bombed.

ACE-FLO
22nd June 2009, 12:45 AM
Man, I do like that show. Stupidly camp Brits making complete donkey dongs outta themselves is hugely entertaining...

Not as good as Takeshi's Castle though. This show makes me want to participate.... No! it does, really!

I'm glad I don't live in Japan, coz I would have done it by now. And I'd never be able to live it down!

Darkdrium777
22nd June 2009, 02:18 AM
The American version is by far some of the funniest things I've seen in some time. Don't know about the British one, I think I watched a clip and found it absolutely boring.

lol@Rob. Would you have given it up if they had?

rdmx
22nd June 2009, 06:52 AM
blackwiggle, I think the show did sufficiently well if it spawned an Australian spin off with trey bradshaw and josh lawson.

infoxicated
22nd June 2009, 12:05 PM
@Ace-Flo - they haven't made Takeshi's Castle for over 15 years, I'm afraid - otherwise I'd have found a way to take part already!

@Darkdrium777 - if it was a sensible offer, then yes, of course. We could have carried on with the community under a different name quite easily.

Hemicrania
22nd June 2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.wipeout.nu/
http://www.wipeout.biz/

woehoe! Still available!!

right....

swift killer
22nd June 2009, 05:12 PM
That show is hilarious, they moan so much on the Amrican*Indian accent* version... anyone used to watch Ninja Warrior and Banzuki? They need to bring back those wacky Japanese shows.

stinkleroy
22nd June 2009, 05:14 PM
(Yes I know it's off topic but..) I wish Takeshi's Castle would come back, that was one of my favourite shows ever but I think I've seen them all now, I even saw a few people win :o Never found out exactly what they won though...:?

RJ O'Connell
22nd June 2009, 07:10 PM
Takeshi's Castle and it's Americanized parody MXC were both awesome, but Wipeout is just a bad rip-off of both. I gave it a chance. It failed in my book.

WolfKill01
22nd June 2009, 10:48 PM
That show is hilarious, they moan so much on the Amrican*Indian accent* version... anyone used to watch Ninja Warrior and Banzuki? They need to bring back those wacky Japanese shows.

They actually show ninja warrior all the time on G4. I much perfer that show then the wipeout show.

swift killer
22nd June 2009, 10:54 PM
I just saw the tags.... may contain nuts?!!! PMSL