PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield (PC) Fans Rejoice

RedScar
12th June 2009, 06:34 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/993/993660p1.html

I'm so pumped, even if I have to wait another year or more my favorite game series on the PC, it is being made and isn't the POS BF:bad company :turd . Least that is what I'm hoping for, a PC exclusive that isn't watered down for the consoles, fingers crossed. Bad part is is that I will most likely have to build another gaming PC to replace my current rig just to play it. I've been wanting to do this anyway but school + no money = not possible. But for BF3, I will find a way

TL DR BF3 is in development at DICE, but not coming this year
:rock

OBH
12th June 2009, 10:53 PM
bf2s still awesome now. Though i did thoughrally enjoy bad company too. BC2 looks likie theyve learnt their lesson and included many stardard bf features they left out (squad choice etc).

Its amazing how many games their doing really. Battlefield 1943 looks good, battlefield heroes looks hilarious, BC2 now BF3.m Busy, busy bees!

NightArh
12th June 2009, 10:58 PM
As for me I didn't like this game and prefer ut3 instead :+

Darkdrium777
12th June 2009, 11:47 PM
Someone else who plays UT3 :o

Take out the three sevens if you want to friend me (I'm not online much anymore now, and prefer team based games like vctf when I am)
/off topic

OBH
13th June 2009, 03:50 PM
ut3 was fun, but its not even remotely the same sort of shooter. like comparing GT to Wipeout.

mdhay
14th June 2009, 03:57 PM
Someone else who plays UT3 :o

Hey, I have it too, you know:D (albeit on PS3, my PC is the Ass - end of technology:().

RedScar
15th June 2009, 06:37 AM
Ya for OBH for being the only one on topic, well kinda

chboing
15th June 2009, 09:11 AM
i play this @ work :

http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/

funny, beta test atm, but still funny, you should try it when it's released

RedScar
15th June 2009, 11:59 PM
I will stick with my BF2, rather then some cartoony watered down ver.

OBH
17th June 2009, 08:41 AM
Dont diss it till you try it, its damn good fun. Deffinitely deserves a place in the series from what i played. Character customization is hilarious too.

As you say, i prefer bf2, but honestly give it a go :g

Motorsagmannen
24th June 2009, 08:42 PM
acctually, bf2142 was the first game EVER i played online on my own pc, running a clan with all my friends and bringing PAC to glory was awesome (insidentally our clan was also called PAC long before 2142 came out lol.) i only tried bf2 a couple of times but it is really a sweet game. i like 2142 better because of the way squads operate is more streamlined though. all in all its a great series, because its ability to combine footsoldiers and vehichles in a smmoth fashion, there have nbeen many clones of this concept but no one have made it as good as dice.

RedScar
2nd September 2009, 08:45 PM
Not exactly the same topic as the original post but not different enough to make a new post.

BF2 Patch 1.5 is offically released

The 2Gb download includes one of the biggest list of changes since Battlefield 2 launched as well as new map by Bjorn Sundell, Operation Blue Pearl, both Armored Fury and Euro Force booster packs for FREE and Highway Tampa becoming a requirement giving EIGHT new maps that everyone will have and be able to play on ranked servers without worry of dropping out.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bf2_2142/archive/2009/09/01/battlefield-2-update-v1-50-available.aspx##

I love this (even if I actually purchased Armoured Fury when it was released) but a 2GB patch is frustrating to say the least when trying to dl it.