PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII on PSN Store realised !

JJohnEames
5th June 2009, 11:12 PM
Just checked the store and i'm downloading it now. Don't know bout all of you but im going to waste the next few weeks playing it again. Best Final Fantasy ever:rock

Wotan
5th June 2009, 11:19 PM
French version is pushed away to the next week :( . But , yes , one of the best FF ever , i'll download for sure :D

DawnFireDragoon
5th June 2009, 11:31 PM
one of the best, if not the best, definitely!!!

i've got the original still, but this is a great addition to the store, hopefully it means the PAL store will be getting more good games this year, seen as we don't have too many at the minute.

everyone should get this and go all OMNISLASH on sephiroth.

MrSmadSmartAlex
5th June 2009, 11:36 PM
Wow:D! Possibly the best game ever! At least top 10. Never thought they'd release it on PSN! Hope I can still get into the PSN Store without updating to the latest OFW....

Amorbis
5th June 2009, 11:44 PM
Final Fantasy VII is a great game, I'd recommend it if you're into JRPGs. I prefer FFVI, though, but both games do have good game play and story lines.

I'm not going to be buying it of the store since I've still got it on PSone in a draw somewhere, I completed recently and I'm not too bothered about playing it on PSP ;). Still, a great game.

MrSmadSmartAlex
6th June 2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah, FFVI is great too, but my favourite from the older games is FFIV. It'd be great if they'd release the DS remakes of that and III on PSP.

IH8YOU
6th June 2009, 01:23 AM
While I have a fully functional - mint condition - FFVII game - I'm still going to buy this, in the crack-pipe dream of Sony seeing an active following - and then deciding to do a FFVII PS3.

Know it's never going to happen, but even so.

ACE-FLO
6th June 2009, 02:38 AM
Well, we can all wish... FF7 the movie is awesome, I got it in my anime collection... the hyper speed fighting scenes are a real treat for a grown-up kid like me...

Cerium
6th June 2009, 06:42 AM
Actually... as far as a remake goes, this release is good news -- according to Square Enix's trends lately.

Original -> Port -> Remake.

Though, I suppose that means we'll be seeing FF6 remade in all pretty 3d first, but yeah... Here's to hoping. :D

Edit:
Wait a sec... Isn't FF6 being remade already?

AG-wolf
6th June 2009, 03:47 PM
I'm still in the middle of Disc 2 on FF7 ;_; I've never beaten it lol

IH8YOU
7th June 2009, 01:35 AM
You let Sepiroth kill your girl right in front of you, and then you sit on your @$$?!?!

WTF dude! :lol

djKyoto
7th June 2009, 04:11 AM
Will buy soon. :rock

TheFrostE
7th June 2009, 04:31 AM
bought when i saw it released :D.... classic game...funny too, the COMPLETE advent children movie has just been released on blu ray as well, i bought it this weekend, with its 26 mins of extra footage and all the goodies the DVD didnt have !

Danterich
7th June 2009, 08:21 AM
I purchased it yesterday, immediately after discovering it. It´s defenitly a MUST-HAVE in everyone´s game-collection! After installation i loaded an old gamesave, and got to admit, a tear was spreading outta my nostalgic gamer´s eyes.

H3avyM3tal
7th June 2009, 08:48 AM
Baught it yesterday I started playing then :p Can't wait to bust some weapons up :)

KGB
7th June 2009, 09:33 AM
Don't fancy trying to breed chocobos again, what a pain in the arse that was! :p

JJohnEames
7th June 2009, 12:00 PM
@ FrostE :Advent children on blu ray? Sound amazing, must pick that up. @ KGB : chocobo breeding was a pain. It's beating those pain in the arse WEAPONS is what im not looking forward to :|. P.S Anyone play crisis core? I thought it was quite good,:)

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th June 2009, 12:48 PM
I've got Crisis Core.:) I think it's great so far, but Wipeout Pulse has ruined it, because I'm hooked on that now!:lol
But I'll get back on Crisis Core at some point. I like the battle system, the materia fusion, graphics. But it's all about the story with FF for me. I even enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus because of the story, despite it having kind of mediocre gameplay.

DawnFireDragoon
7th June 2009, 03:06 PM
there's a bit after the credits when you finish dirge of cerberus, you should watch, especially if you've played crisis core and want more games in the ff vii universe...

also 'ffvii: advent children - complete' is pretty damn good. i recommend it to any ffvii fan!!!

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th June 2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I saw the extra movie clip at the end of DoC, but don't really get it yet, because I haven't finished Crisis Core (I bought Pulse, and that was the end of all other games for me:lol). But I will get back to it soon. My version's the limited edition with the cool art book btw:).
You have Advent Children Complete already? So you imported the US version? Maybe I'll do that too - I think the UK version is released at the end of July!?!? I can't wait that long!:lol (I have the original 2 disc edition DVD)

DawnFireDragoon
7th June 2009, 03:48 PM
yeah, the scene isn't great or fully explained, but could mean 'Sequel' rather than remake at some point. we shall see.

as for advent children, you might as well import if you really want to see it...but july isn't long to wait either.

they added stuff that makes the plot a little clearer and some more to the final battle which was pretty cool.

not a fan of the new sound they added to sephiroth's masamune sword though...weird.

on topic: wooooo, ffvii available to a whole new generation. get it!

TheFrostE
7th June 2009, 04:26 PM
Import it in july...lol why, "FF7 advent children COMPLETE" is already out in US on bluray, this is with the added content and extra features and ff13 stuff...i just bought it at best buy.

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th June 2009, 04:44 PM
No, I was considering either importing the US version now, or waiting until it's released in the UK in July. :lol Wouldn't make much sense waiting for the UK release then importing!
I probably will import though, yes.
****! I'll need to fork out for a Blu-Ray drive now.... forgot all about that!:lol

@emerald dragoon - I'd be happy to see a sequel or a remake or anything FFVII or FFVIII!:)

TheFrostE
7th June 2009, 07:00 PM
ohhhh right i forgot you were in UK . makes sense now

IH8YOU
8th June 2009, 02:45 AM
You English-speaking lot.... Be honest.

In Advent Children - did anyone else drop a turrets-style F-BOMB the first time they heard Nanaki's (Red 13s) voice - he sounds like a midget Scotsman.

He's a fricken' super-intelligent, huge, powerful Shirna-enhanced lion-type-creature - and with his growling vocals back in FFVII - I was expecting anything BUT the voice he was given in the movie.

WTF? :?

DawnFireDragoon
8th June 2009, 10:56 AM
ha ha ha, watch it again.

it sounds like a midget scotsman, because it is Cait Sith, the midget type fellow, sat on top of Red XIII, you are hearing.

Red only has a line right at the end of the movie, where he speaks with a wise old man voice about the stigma in the church.

TheFrostE
10th June 2009, 06:40 PM
too bad cait didnt have his stuffed animal :(...

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th June 2009, 06:45 PM
Haha, yeah! Maybe if we badger Square Enix for another 10 years, they'll do another FFVII movie with the stuffed animal's return...;)

DawnFireDragoon
10th June 2009, 07:06 PM
yeah, he had it at the end of the game, so i dunno what happened to it.

he still didn't have it in dirge of cerberus, which is a year after advent children/3 years after the original game...and he wasn't on Red's back in that, so maybe he just got bored of hanging around on the back of a massive stuffed moogle and hanging out on Red XIII proved too dangerous!!! :)

TheFrostE
10th June 2009, 08:27 PM
i wonder how he gets into the gold saucer with Red :p *NO ANIMALS!* ....oh w8 hes a cat too ...nm

DawnFireDragoon
10th June 2009, 08:34 PM
lol.

i think they'd let him in, he is one of the people who saved the world after all. :)

TheFrostE
10th June 2009, 08:51 PM
this is very true...haha i love making up post ff7 lore with you :clap:beer

Mateo
10th June 2009, 10:17 PM
Wow just 10€ is an amazing prize for such a brilliant game. Played my PS-One FF7 in the easter holidays and it's still just great!

blackwiggle
11th June 2009, 02:06 PM
Nostalgia just got the better of me and I downloaded it [can't find the disc version,the only one that's missing,think it might of got thrown in as a sweetener when I sold the PSone DOH!]

Took me a few moments to realize that it was made pre anolouge sticks and why cloud wasn't moving.

I am amazed that this title holds up as well as it does graphically as I'm playing it on a HD projector 2.2m wide screen.
Pity the same can't be said of the PSone wipeout titles,well wipeout & 2097 both look extremely pixelated when blown up to this size,WO3 is better in this regard.

The gush of nostalgia when I first heard the opening music almost bought a tear to my eye.
Sorry,but this is the game that changed my mind[and life] about video games in general,I used to think they were crap [they were basically pre FFVII]

Got to search for my game notes on how I bred the Golden Chockobo ,that was the biggest PITA, but very satisfying once you got one and access to the island that has the "Knights of the round materia"

JJohnEames
11th June 2009, 05:05 PM
I felt the exact same blackwiggle, everything you said was spot on. I think it holds up brilliantly. The music is one the best things bout ff7. I cant get enough of it. I doubt they'll make another final fantasy as good as it :). (havnt played 6 yet though,i've heard from a few sources that its the best one. Must get my hands on it :) )

TheFrostE
11th June 2009, 06:11 PM
imho.... i know this will sound crazy but the only other FF storyline that i got hooked on after 7 was FF11...i know i know, it was online but the sheer massiveness of the game brought much depth to how the story was told whatever your starting race and city was.

Motorsagmannen
11th June 2009, 06:41 PM
ooooh sexy. i have always loved FF:VII and now comes the dilemma, buy it for the convenience of having it on the ps3... or pull out my old ps1 for the full nostalgia effect:g. its a tough choise, but as long as young gamers can marvel at this gaming masterpeice it doesent matter if its on the ps3 or ps1.

DawnFireDragoon
11th June 2009, 09:18 PM
if you are not one of these people who think graphics is everything, then i fully recommend playing final fantasy vi too. it is epic and half way through, something you wouldn't expect to happen happens...

it has a full cast, rather than foccusing on a main character and is a lot of fun.

though i rank vii, viii and x at the very top of my favourite's list.

iv, vi, ix and xii all sit just behind them...i absolutely love the final fantasy series.

DividedXZero
11th June 2009, 09:22 PM
Question: the game says ps3/psp
meaning it can be played either or, do i have to re download it to have it on psp once installed on my ps3?

2ndly, if i have it on both psp and ps3, can i take my game same from ps3 and continue my game on the psp (when i'm on the go!) ?

just curious..Thx

Hellfire_WZ
11th June 2009, 09:37 PM
If it's installed on the PS3, all you need to do is connect the PSP via USB, highlight the game and select copy from the triangle menu. No need to redownload :)

Haven't tried switching saves

blackwiggle
11th June 2009, 10:55 PM
I'm curious to find out what has changed on the "Digital Version" as Sony describes this version of FFVII when you go into the manual.

It's states that some aspects of the game either play differently or do not work as the disc version did.

Hellfire_WZ
12th June 2009, 03:19 PM
I'm sure some of the sound effects aren't quite right, Aerith's staff strike sounds weird.

MrSmadSmartAlex
14th June 2009, 02:17 PM
Ah, does that mean she's Aerith again in this release, rather than Aeris as in the original UK version?
If they've gone through the game touching up little details like this, I'm willing to buy this again.

TheFrostE
14th June 2009, 02:25 PM
the last time i played through 100% i named everybody somebody elses name :p... so aerith was tifa, cloud was barret, cid was vincent and yuffie and cait sith.

it made for a very interesting story line lmao

Hellfire_WZ
14th June 2009, 02:38 PM
Alex - No, it's still as it was, I just changed it back in-game :)

djKyoto
14th June 2009, 02:50 PM
9 hours through my play. Good fun.

Does drag on a little bit, but still excellent.

OBH
17th June 2009, 08:40 AM
This is awesome on a PSP. Its not a game, its crack masquerading as a game :hyper