PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Motion Control....

YouAreFubar
3rd June 2009, 11:18 PM
Now the Wii has this and IMO it is badly implemented. Its just not accurate enough for decent gameplay. This on the other hand:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/playstation-3/2185

Its only a tech demo but it does look pretty good.

TheFrostE
4th June 2009, 03:37 AM
very very cool. im lovin this years E3

RJ O'Connell
4th June 2009, 04:08 AM
Wii MotionPlus has the same 1:1 motion detection and it'll be ready in July with plenty of games supported.

This is an early prototype that shows little actual gameplay and the controller has NO BUTTONS, that won't be ready until Fall 2010 at least. But it's better than Project Natal aka EyeToy 360.

Darkdrium777
4th June 2009, 04:32 AM
Actually, this has buttons, and this trumps the Wii by having depth perception.
This is better than Wii motion control :)

KIGO1987
4th June 2009, 06:17 AM
Gotta say the sensitivity perception on that is pretty damn impressive, kinda similar technology to that of a when doctors does key hole surgery when there patients are in a hospital many thousands of kilometres away.

Wii is good, good for little children and people with very short attention spans, continuous partial attention (CPA), aka the casual gamer as Nintendo calls it;)

As for the Cuntbox, that was technology ahead of its time, which looks very rushed and with plenty of flaws, kinda reminds me of Windows Vista when you think about it.

NightArh
4th June 2009, 07:32 AM
Just imagine how to control antigrav ship with this thing ;)

BulletWraith
4th June 2009, 10:20 AM
I think this will be clearly better than the wii's motion+(it'll have better physical controls drool), but I am concerned about how many players/controllers will be able to be used with this system as it seems to need a different colour for each controller(but yeh I guess they will have like 6 different coloured LED's inside each controller)
all in all I'm very impressed that bow and arrow bit was sick :clap, just wish they did the PS EYE better than they did and gave it two cameras for better tracking abilities(and made it less awful looking, like who designed that thing, the guy that vomited up the PSP Go?), guess we can't go back and change that now though:naughty

I'm a big fan of the Eyetoy I have Anti Grav and both Kinetic games which are very intense especially if you have enough room and friends who do martial arts, I'll be so happy if they give these controllers analogue sticks(which are sorely lacking from the wiimote) Nunchuku, light sabres and Foosball ahoy'hoy

best E3 annoucement for me in ages :rock
if sony manage to get Suda 51 boozed up enough to get on a plane to Mexico with his Grasshoppers and a few Dev kits we could be swimming in virtual awesomeness by the time these controllers get released:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:guitar

-a very happy zer:donutshen

LOUDandPROUD
4th June 2009, 12:40 PM
Wii is good, good for little children and people with very short attention spans, continuous partial attention (CPA), aka the casual gamer as Nintendo calls it;)

Couldn't have said it better myself. I had a Wii for close to a year. Played Wii Sports a ton at first...also played through Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario...then, once the really good games started rolling in for PS3, that Wii started collecting dust...a LOT of dust. Ended up selling it. The novelty wore off. OVERRATED. Give me my PS3 and 360 anyday. Yes, I have a "Cuntbox" too and love it (not as much as I love my PS3 though :) However, the 360 controller blows the doors off the Sixaxis/Dualshock, ergonomically)...

Mjolnir74
4th June 2009, 12:49 PM
I agree on the controllers for the XB360 and PS3... Had major pain in my hands when I first got my PS3 until I became re-accustomed to the dualshock controller... Never had a similar problem with the 360 controller.