PDA

View Full Version : PS3 WLAN Issues since last Firmware update in older systems?

Zoth-Ommog
24th May 2009, 09:00 PM
I have early 60G console, and i've had enormous connection problems with wlan lately, i suppose it started after 2.76 Firmware update.

Occasionally my system is unable to log on, it just keeps connecting forever. And when it finally does log on, it freezes the xmb in matter of minutes, especially when you try to enter to a chatroom.

When the system has frozen, and i shut it down, i get three bleeps before power off.

But sometimes, it keeps running fine for hours or even days.

When logging on, DNS Error ( 8 0 x x x x x) hit's the screen now and then, and usually when it does, the xmb has frozen solid.

Now i've ditched the wlan connection and i'm using cable. It seems to work ok, at least this far it has.

Is there anyone else experiencing these issues? Or do you know something about it?

I know z1r0rEi has these symptoms on his 60G console too, and i'm sure there is more.

stinkleroy
24th May 2009, 09:06 PM
Mine is a 40GB and I had those problems too, but since I switched back to wired...seems ok. Hope it sorts itself out Zoth :)

infoxicated
25th May 2009, 02:24 PM
I think I've had a few of those as well, when using the 'net it'll just freeze up and it'll need a forced reset. Hope they sort it out in the next release.

Amorbis
25th May 2009, 02:29 PM
I don't know if my problems are related, but I keep having the DNS 807(insert numbers here) error as well. My PS3 is a PAL 60GB model which I got in April 2007.

I figured it was my router and I guess it still is, but if others are getting it as well then it is cause for concern. We can always hope a future firmware update that will fix it.

LOUDandPROUD
25th May 2009, 08:05 PM
I also have a 60GB model, but I'm not experiencing those problems...

micky1984
25th May 2009, 09:14 PM
i had the same thing were i had trouble logging in and problems with my xmb, i randomely couldnt join text chat, anyway after looking round the tinternet i came accross this thread

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&message.id=22245#M22245

I havnt had problems since doing what it said, so its worth a try, let me no if it helps

ps i did the easier first option

Darkdrium777
25th May 2009, 09:15 PM
WLAN sucks in the 60GB, as the first model it's unfortunate. :( In the newer ones it appears (from what I've read at the Playstation underground) that it is better.
One thing to make sure though, go into your internet connection settings and look at the status. It should read NAT-2. If it is NAT-3, then this could explain some of the problems you might have with your wireless internet, as it means not all ports are forwarded correctly.
Check that out, and if you need to solve it, I have posted a tutorial to get NAT-2 here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108193&postcount=4).

Zoth-Ommog
26th May 2009, 05:40 AM
It is NAT-2, and before i had WLAN working fine, no problems since day one. But after last firmware update it got messed up.