PDA

View Full Version : Hurray MP3!

Velocitar64
22nd May 2009, 07:29 PM
Some of you will remember my battle with a shop called Argos over a faulty MP3. I won the battle, and I have a new MP3 player.

It is frikkin' awesome.

It is the Samsung YP-Q1, with 16GB of memory. The sound quality is stunning, the interface is good, and you can do a lot with it.

And thats all you need.

Now for the discussion part. What MP3 player do you have if any? What are your favourite brands of MP3? MP3 or iPod?

DividedXZero
22nd May 2009, 08:03 PM
My psp is my mp3 player.
And it's great, i can play games, listen to music, watch videos, get online, internet radio.

=)

Darkdrium777
22nd May 2009, 10:21 PM
PSP. CoLD SToRAGE.

YouAreFubar
23rd May 2009, 01:11 AM
Good effort for winning! Nice to see they relented and gave you a new player (and an amazing one at that!)!

Myself, I have a 8GB Sony Video Walkman which has these earphones that have 2 parts, one that goes into your ear and one that sits outside (they call them their premium headphones I think). The clarity of the bass is amazing, even if you crank it up. Its the headphones in this pic (http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductLargeImagePopup?storeId=10001&jsparm=true&imageName=69-5138805SPA71UC543047X.jpg&imageText=) but not the model of walkman as I dont think they sell them anymore.

GreenPhazon
23rd May 2009, 02:19 PM
16gb walkman for me. Nothing's better.

LOUDandPROUD
23rd May 2009, 02:28 PM
120GB Zune paired with Shure E4C earphones...absolutely love it.

rdmx
23rd May 2009, 04:20 PM
Wow loudandproud, unless you're storing a lot of videos on there, how can you use 120GB?!

But good to see that you got new your mp3 player velocitar :)

Good ol' 20gb Black and white ipod for me. I look out of place when everyone has flash video and colour screens but stuff them =]
http://www.batteriesforipod.com/ipods/ipod4G.jpg

Rapier Racer
25th May 2009, 10:52 PM
After years of resisting iPods (I hate that white wheel control thing and iTunes on a PC is big bloated pile of :turd) I caved when the touch came along.

Used to use my PSP as my MP3 player but then it started to be that the only thing I used the PSP for was music and considering how builky it is (slim and light model PSP2000) replacing it with a smaller lighter MP3 player seemed to make sense. Now I have 16GB of memory for my musics, no more memory stick upgrades here.

Some of my favourite stuff on it includes the soundtracks from Wipeout games my Tiesto stuff, and some other tracks that I'd rather keep quite about :redface:

BulletWraith
26th May 2009, 02:15 PM
no Cowon or Iriver fans in here
thats depressing

Samsung will be good for you, look out for Firmware updates as they have started pushing put some great stuff, If I were to go sammy I'd pick up a P2 or P3 great bluetooth support and wicked firmware updates

-zer:bombshen

GreenPhazon
26th May 2009, 02:18 PM
I used to have a Ceative Zen Stone. Sleek, simple, sounded great but interface and 2GB capacity let it down.

Asayyeah
27th May 2009, 02:15 PM
Mp3 through my iphone 3G 16gb : perfect sound, great enjoyment

BulletWraith
28th May 2009, 10:54 AM
'perfect sound' LOL

blackwiggle
28th May 2009, 11:46 AM
Sony NW-S205F stick walkman 2 GB model ,I only use it when cycling / jogging.

KIGO1987
28th May 2009, 12:02 PM
Do what i did.

Dont go out and buy another expensive MP3 player.

If you have got an exsisting PSP console, just get a larger memory stick for it. The largest one on the market is 16GB at the moment, and Sony will be releasing the 32GB memory stick Duo later on in this year.

Best thing with the PSP is that with that space you have, you can do just more than just a collection of music tracks, but movies, photo albums, applications, and the great gaming catalogue that the Playstation Portable has to offer, including Pure (Which is now at Platinum price), and awesome Pulse.

Ethil
28th May 2009, 12:10 PM
I used to have a Rio Karma, which is one of the greatest MP3 player, sound quality wise.
But it broke recently, so I chose to buy a 4th gen iPod nano.
I've always loved apple's design, but the sound quality their iPods used to have, well... sucked. But they've improved lately, and the 4th gen nano isn't that bad. Only 16GB, but it's so small it fits in any pocket, and you don't even feel it's there, which is what I was looking for.

rdmx
28th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Haha I'm the opposite, I constantly check to make sure it hasn't fallen out, having a small one would not be good for my paranoid behaviour.