PDA

View Full Version : Zen Pinball anyone?

crawdad62
14th May 2009, 05:07 PM
I'm old school..... heck I'm just old. Loved playing pinball at the arcades. Looking forward to this. Might even take time out of Wipeout HD to play it tonight. Anyone else looking forward to it?

eLhabib
14th May 2009, 05:50 PM
Tried the demo today - not impressed. You know there's something terribly wrong with a flipper game when the flippers don't respond instantly to your button presses. It's only a splitsecond late, but for a flipper game that's unacceptable.

Darkdrium777
14th May 2009, 05:52 PM
At least it's authentic. That's how they get coins from you in the arcade :lol

crawdad62
14th May 2009, 06:14 PM
Ah that's disappointing. So there's a demo? Well I'll give that a shot.

AG-wolf
15th May 2009, 05:06 AM
At least it's authentic.
lol, no, by definition, an actual pinball table would be authentic ;P

I haven't fired up my PS3 for gaming (PS3 has games?) for a while, I've been busy with other stuff, but I might check this out. Console pinball games are always hit-or-miss... often times the latter :/ The only console "pinball" game I've ever enjoyed to this date has been Sonic Spinball... but I don't know if that counts ;)

Darkdrium777
15th May 2009, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I was only talking about the button delay. ;) (Every pinball arcade I tried had some)

Tried the demo, I was not really impressed. The pinball game on windows is just as good (And it responds instantly).

cybrpnk
17th May 2009, 11:08 AM
a huge fan of pinball here...video games of and the real deal...

dled zen and i like it...not too sure about the delay you are talking bout but I can see myself playing this one for ages...the last time a pinball game got me hooked was codemaster's psycho pinball...

trying to actually design a pinball table at the moment...with maybe a WipEout theme...trying to come up with a concept for a 2, maybe even 4 player pinball table...see how we go when I source out hardware and find out what makes these machines tick...

silverfoxy
17th May 2009, 02:20 PM
I bought the full game as a change of pace to Wipeout.

Some of the high scores on there already are frightening.

I've found it to be ok with no issues at all with the flippers. However, haven't played online yet so not sure if there is any lag on there.

If anyone has the game and wants a friendly match either PSN me or message me on here.

TheFrostE
17th May 2009, 02:29 PM
i did see this as well on the update, but never really been into the pinball thing, except in RL. I do like the way it looks though, i love those pinball games that have a bunch of hidden paths and those elevated metal slides and stuff. Its just looks really futuristic and out there. I dont have the skill for pinball though haha as Eric has seen my skill in sonic spinball rofl...stupid toxic goo