PDA

View Full Version : sooo gran turismo 5 pro.

TheFrostE
12th May 2009, 06:26 PM
i know know ,its only a prologue to the up and coming GT5 which will be sick. but i recently got into this and found it EXTREMELY fun. as much a i love the futuristic non-realism of WO, the look/feel/gameplay of GT5 is just phenomenal. any other zoners currently playing it....im thinking about getting the g25 forcefeedback wheel setup at some point if i am continued to be absorbed by the game

mdhay
12th May 2009, 06:57 PM
It's on my hdd, but I don't play it.:)

Might do at the weekend, though.:D;)

OBH
12th May 2009, 07:23 PM
i havnt enjoyed the last 3 GTs.

Colin McRae Dirts my other favourite racing game lately (funny how the game is so utterly poo in 3rd person, yet in 1st its fantastic)

SaturnReturn
12th May 2009, 08:10 PM
What were the last 3? I haven't enjoyed it since GT2. For me it would need a fresh twist, but it's not made for me, and what it does it does best I reckon.

KIGO1987
12th May 2009, 09:36 PM
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo 2000 (Never Released)
Gran Turismo 3 A Spec
Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva
Gran Turismo 4 Prologue
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

****ing great game a great game series i gotta say.

Polyphony Digital and Studio Liverpool, the last surviving greats from the 1990s era, that hasnt been ****ed up the CntBox empire.

Back to Gran Turismo, there is no other racing simulator out there on the market that can emphasize the driving characteristics and dynamics of so many cars to the actual thing. Take my word on that. Gran Turismo makes you a more developed and knowledgeably driver in the real world.

At the moment Polyphony digital has a strong relationship with Nissan, you can see in that in the enitire HUD display created in the current GT-R, which was soley create by Polyphony Digital, impressive stuff.

JJohnEames
12th May 2009, 10:43 PM
I've been a fan from the beginning and it its a great game. Gt5 prolougre is brillant, looks amazing and plays amazing and i've thought about buying the wheel myself but i feel it would be a waste of money because gt5 is way to short and you wouldnt get any use from the steering wheel until they realise the next one. Tough decesion because a steering wheel would be alot of fun.

yeldar2097
12th May 2009, 10:54 PM
What you want is ONE OF THESE (http://kkwu.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/finally-its-here-gt5-pod/)

couldn't remember the place i saw it first so i just whacked it into google.

i really REALLY want one!

TheFrostE
12th May 2009, 11:13 PM
havent really gotten online with it just yet, but do ppl still play online or is it a ghost town on the servers?

JJohnEames
12th May 2009, 11:52 PM
Last time i played there were quite a few online. The collision detection is very frustrating though, example been if a car smashes into the back of you they're suppossed to get a time penlty of about 4 seconds. But i find that im usually the one to get penilised even if im the one who got crashed into.

TheFrostE
13th May 2009, 12:09 AM
lol i dont think it could get worse than WOHDs collision lol XD

Motorsagmannen
13th May 2009, 12:50 AM
played GT from 2 to 5 prologue. best driving game series ive had :D. gt3 was a mistake but 2 and 4 were excelent. going for the gt5 when it arrives, ptologue is sweet...

KIGO1987
13th May 2009, 09:57 AM
Last time i played there were quite a few online. The collision detection is very frustrating though, example been if a car smashes into the back of you they're suppossed to get a time penlty of about 4 seconds. But i find that im usually the one to get penilised even if im the one who got crashed into.

Yes it was really stupid. getting rammed right up the ****in arse all together a penalty, WTF. The game is best played offline. Online needs a bit more work done on it

lol i dont think it could get worse than WOHDs collision lol XD

Like when you where racing me a few days ago??

RJ O'Connell
13th May 2009, 07:30 PM
I'll be more stoked for the full version myself. Day/Night Cycles and Weather Changes were apparently confirmed by Kaz Yamauchi this past week in a German interview.

djKyoto
14th May 2009, 02:04 AM
I'm a huge GT nut, and even I don't have GT5P atm, cause it was the Japanese version (I couldn't wait for it to be released here). I even won a original PS1&GT1 back in 98 in a GT comp, beating someone 7 years older than me. :D

I'll prob pick up GT5P again when something good for it comes out (more tracks, damage etc).

AG-wolf
14th May 2009, 03:59 AM
3 Xbox 360's
+
3 Copies of Forza Motorsport 2
+
3 52" HDTVs
+
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessracingwheel/
=
so much better than GT5 Prologue could ever hope to be :D

And whenever, ifever, the full version of GT5 is released, Forza 3 will be there to balance the playfield ;)

In all honesty, I'm not a big fan of sim-racers anyway... GT1 was SO. MUCH. FUN. But for some reason, GT2 was really disappointing :/ GT3 was fun in arcade mode, but the simulation mode started being too "elegant" and showy... I bought GT4 when it came out, played it twice and never took it out of the case again :/

Gran Turismo, there is no other racing simulator out there on the market that can emphasize the driving characteristics and dynamics of so many cars to the actual thing.You obviously haven't played Forza 2, my good man :D

djKyoto
14th May 2009, 05:05 AM
3 Xbox 360's
+
+
3 52" HDTVs
+
=

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/11/19/pfft-1080p-gran-turismo-5-prologue-in-2160p/

Checkmate. ;)

TwIsTeD
14th May 2009, 06:24 AM
750pp Suzuka event was one of the best racing experience I've had in years.I just love this stage.:rock

KIGO1987
14th May 2009, 11:18 AM
http://playstation.joystiq.com/2008/11/19/pfft-1080p-gran-turismo-5-prologue-in-2160p/

Checkmate. ;)

Haha ownaged, lol. Good Job. Kyoto. Gran Turismo Rulz! :+

3 Xbox 360's
+
+
3 52" HDTVs
+
=

And whenever, ifever, the full version of GT5 is released, Forza 3 will be there to balance the playfield ;)

In all honesty, I'm not a big fan of sim-racers anyway... GT1 was SO. MUCH. FUN. But for some reason, GT2 was really disappointing :/ GT3 was fun in arcade mode, but the simulation mode started being too "elegant" and showy... I bought GT4 when it came out, played it twice and never took it out of the case again :/

You obviously haven't played Forza 2, my good man :D

3 Cuntbox360's
+
+
KIGO in presence
=
3 Cuntbox360's/3 Copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and a huge bonfire out in a padock somewhere, lol.

Yeah i played that game.

The cars understeer like ****. And is it just me, but every single car has the same suspension dynamic car setup in Forza, there is no sensation of bodyroll or torquesteer or anything. Gran Turismo does. Thats why Gran Turismo is "The Real Driving Simulator".

Polyphonic Digital (creators of the entire Gran Turismo series) designed the HUD/control center in the New Nissan GT-R. I do not see any of the team for Microsoft or Froza doing that on any real cars, why, because there ****. If any car had any Microsoft based system running in it the car would have more problems than Windows Vista, you'll pretty much get a non responsive car on the track..... not good if you approaching the exit corner of a main straight at 200kmh plus.

AG-wolf
14th May 2009, 02:41 PM

Checkmate. ;)

bwahahaha awesome, I definitely wanna see that :P Now it's just a matter of whether four people who own PS3s actually live within driving distance of each other lol 'cause if someone's gonna spend 1200 bucks on four PS3s to play the game like that, they should invest in a grapefruit spoon as well to castrate themselves because they definitely shouldn't be contributing to the world gene pool hahahaha I did like this quote from the site, too:
So, guys -- how 'bout you stop partying and making amazing 2160p tech demos, and uh -- you finish Gran Turismo 5? Please?
;)

Kigo; as far as Forza goes, I've never had any unjustified issues with understeer. I mean like no more than you'd expect when driving +80mph into a sharp turn and trying to cut the wheel in real life. :P Bodyroll and torque-steer were also factors in both forza games... have you ever seen all the telemetry in Forza 2? (I tried to find a good video demonstrating it, but only came up with partial examples) THe game gives you a real-time display of nearly every variable in monitors when you're driving.. body acceleration, individual tire pressure and temperature of the inside, middle, and outside treads... spring rate and angle of each wheel... It's almost ludicrous :P

I'm not really concerned with Polyphony Digital designing the interior of the new GTR; it was probably something Nissan asked them to do. If it weren't for Gran Turismo, the car probably wouldn't have such widespread popularity. Hell, the original Gran Turismo is the reason Subie's WRX was released in America :P There's no real reason Turn 10 (Forza creators, not Microsoft) should have been commissioned to do any work on real cars... GT is a much more widely and established name when it comes to racing games, especially in Japan. Turn 10 hasn't gotten to that point yet, though, so it's not like they have enough recognition or pull to inspire car designers to look their way. Plus, videogames still aren't held in the same regard and prestige here as in Japan... I know I wouldn't wanna buy a next-gen Corvette if a game designer had worked on the dashboard... or at least I'd be pretty skeptical.

EDIT: wait a minute, that 2160p thing is bulls**t; the average consumer can't do that without access to the specialized projector, and even then, can GT5P do that via default settings in the game? Forza 2 can actually utilize 3 360s networked together and hooked to their own independent displays, and you can assign what view each display has.. usually the center console+tv is out the windshield and the other two tvs are out the left and right windows.
http://forzamotorsport.net/news/drivingtuning/triplescreen.htm

KIGO1987
14th May 2009, 06:26 PM
I didint mean the ****ing interior like the cloth trim and the plastic dash, i meant the in computer center console.

I cant find a video on Youtube about, have a look around Wolf you'll see what im talking about.

Ive just got my laptop today, and now i remember why i hated Microsoft Windows Vista with such a passion. Not in a good mood atm:mad::brickwall, stupid Vista question like, administration request, OMFG please **** off:brickwall

Darkdrium777
14th May 2009, 07:36 PM
KIGO: Control Panel > Search uac in the search box > Uncheck "use user account control" > reboot.
I can't understand how you've managed to live this long with UAC enabled.

Wolf: still, buy 3 360s, 3 screens, 3 games. wtf. what a gimmick. :lol

KIGO1987
14th May 2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks.

Kyoto told me exactly how to do it online.

Just got the lappy back today, im already loosing my cool with it....

3 Cuntboxs.

Now i feel sick

I partly blame the world economic crisis on the release of Windows Vista back in Q3 of 2007.

TheFrostE
14th May 2009, 11:22 PM
well back on topic....im STILL loving this game!

RJ O'Connell
15th May 2009, 12:22 AM
I finished all the races, even the S-Class events, now I am ready to tackle the big game - GT5.

AG-wolf
15th May 2009, 05:04 AM
Kigo; I know you didn't mean the interior cloths and stuff; you're talking the dashboard gauges and everything. I'm not oblivious :P And don't tie your Vista hatred to the 360; M$ has separate computer and gaming development houses... Gates' crew almost effectively doesn't go near any Xbox-related stuff aside from marketing/pr. Vista does blow, though. I'm sticking with XP til they drop support D:

When I was at work today, I was thinking about GT3 back when I got it... I bought it (and Twisted Metal Black) with my PS2 a couple months after the console launched, and I REALLY enjoyed it. I think it's more due to the memories attached with playing the game than the game itself, but it was a lot of fun... I MIGHT try the GT5 demo at some point, but ever since GT4's attempt at being some pompous, beautiful and elegant presentation rather than just being a video game, I've been really turned off :/ (plus, of course, I've got Forza 2 to work through ;P lol )

KIGO1987
15th May 2009, 08:50 AM
Yes. Doesnt change the great hatred i have for Microsoft.

GT3 didnt get released a few months after the launch of the PS2. The PS2 was launched on the 30th of November 2000, GT3 didnt get released to mid 2001, ages later.

GT4 isnt pompous, beautiful and elegant. Drive a car in GT3 then in GT4, then back to GT3, and you'll be able to identify the driving dynamics of the cars have changed.

I finished all the races, even the S-Class events, now I am ready to tackle the big game - GT5.

I still havent passed that one in the S-Class licence, that pain in the ass 5 lap on Suzuka.

well back on topic....im STILL loving this game!

Dito

AG-wolf
15th May 2009, 02:43 PM
Don't confuse my liking the 360 as love for Microsoft by any means :P

And I don't remember the release timeframe between the console and GT3 being so far apart o_o I guess my PS2 is a half year younger than I thought :P My memory and concept of time has been getting worse and worse over the past few years.

I wasn't talking about the driving physics of GT4, I was talking about the presentation of the series as a whole; it keeps evolving into this kind of luxury experience as opposed to just being a game.

I figured I'd go download the demo of GT5P just so I've actually played it and given it a chance before I avoid it like the plague, but I can't find it in the PSN store. How do I download the demo?

KIGO1987
15th May 2009, 06:55 PM
It has been a bit of a while since the PS2 was launched. But maybe the PS2 launch was different from here, not sure.

It should be on the PSN store.

Found it, this is what you do;

Go to the PS Store

Go the Search all Games By A-Z

then go into PS3 content

then go into G-I cataglory

2nd row, second from the left, there it is.

Your store might be different since the US store has different releases.

G'Kyl
15th May 2009, 11:27 PM
im thinking about getting the g25 forcefeedback wheel setup at some point if i am continued to be absorbed by the game

Just started reading this thread and thought I'd advise against that. ;) I have the G25 right here - and it's awesome! However, don't mistake GT5 for a full-blown simulation. Hence, the driving doesn't feel realsitic enough to justify spending that much money on a controller only to use it in this particular game.

That said, it probably is a complete simulation! But they dumbed down some aspects of the vehicle handling so that driving a GT5 car feels way to simple. And I'm talking using none of the assists, of course. Heck, you can drive GT5 with a friggin analog stick... how real can it possibly be? In short, using the G25 with GT5 is - to a certain degree - like getting a hyper-realistic flight stick including throttle and pedals just for Ace Combat. Try the wheel with iRacing or one of the SimBin games, then use it with GT5 - and the latter becomes a Sunday ride in comparison. :)

Ben

TheFrostE
16th May 2009, 01:35 AM
hmmm thanks for that ben, *note taken* i dont think illl be getting it now anyways seeing as i just spent 2190 on my new TV today haha.

maybe g25 will wait until full gt5 comes ^_^

Harvai
17th May 2009, 10:40 AM
The Telemetry and 3 monitor set-up in Forza 2 is a good idea, but I don't see any reason as to why you'd want to use it. Telemetry's only good with a replay, you've got all of that info covering the screen, good luck trying to race!

I much prefer GT4. Even though Forza's good and all, GT4 has Aussie cars...
I'll definatley buy a PS3 when GT5 comes out. I've got plenty of time to save!

TheFrostE
17th May 2009, 02:31 PM
im gradually getting better and better, i have almost all golds up through class B...still using a controlller though. I heard online that using a controller for drifting is near impossible or very difficult to do :/. anybody here use a controller and can keep the car in control for drifts?

KIGO1987
17th May 2009, 02:48 PM
Only for a short period of time, also depends on the camber of the corner that im on while using a standard controller. But my Gran Turismo drifts are about the same as my real life ones, very short, but still fun:)