PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Here....

KIGO1987
7th May 2009, 12:24 PM
Now. Ive been attempting to install DivX on the PS3. But the process includes having to go on a computer (f u c king Microsoft) and registrating there, by the means of watching a video. Unfortunately i am unable to watch the video on my computer properly due cunty circumstances on the f u c k up heap of s h i t computer i have.

Could one of you computer genius here possibly have a text description on how to install DivX on a PS3 console instead of watching some retarded f u c ked up pixelated video.

Thanks...:D

djKyoto
7th May 2009, 03:39 PM
Didn't one of the Firmware updates allow the codec to be used on the PS3 automatically?. I have DivX codec'd avi files that play fine.

Unless you mean the actual DivX player then no clue. I try not to use it.

Zoth-Ommog
7th May 2009, 03:54 PM
Yah Kyoto has it right, Divx support is installed with 2.10 firmware.

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 04:28 PM
I think that is right.

But why wont the PS3 play back 3gp video files? Is this just because the PS3 doesnt play this video format, or do i have to download something extra????

RedScar
8th May 2009, 05:31 PM
Probably won't play that format, there are a lot that it still can't. Better to just convert it to Divx and play it that way or just play it on your computer.

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 05:36 PM
Ah ok. Cool then, i least i know now that it wasnt a problem with the PS3, just that it cannot play that format of Video.

Whats a good DivX video converter that someone could recommend?;) Thanks:D

DividedXZero
8th May 2009, 05:53 PM
Have you tried theps3 media server?
That's what i use, i had a wide array of supported formats and transcodes easily also..much more reliable than TVersity.

But not sure if you are restricting yourself to storing files on your HDD vs streaming from your pc, which IMO is better and conserves your PS3 HDD space. (unless you installed your own hard drive)

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah i got a larger HDD in the PS3 now, i installed a 160GB sized HDD in there quite some time ago now. I might look into installing a large HDD soon, maybe a 320GB HDD, those 2.5SATAs are getting pretty cheap now, unfortunately i havent seen anything larger than 500GB in a year available in the 2.5" size, but yeah i do have a fair bit of space left.

Yeah, what i want to do is add some video straight off my Sony Ericsson mobile onto the PS3 console HDD, just the PS3 doesnt recognize the video file format. Irritating. Ill look into what you have suggested. Thanks.

Darkdrium777
8th May 2009, 06:37 PM
SUPER by eRightSoft (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html) does all my conversion stuff.

The website is hardcore though. You wouldn't find the download link even until the end of the world, if I don't tell you. ;)

Go to the site I linked to above
Scroll down all the way and click on 'Start downloading SUPER'
See the blue underlined 'download and use' just below the first rectangle box? Click on it.
Scroll all the way down, and click on 'Download SUPER setup file'

Now you have the best and free video encoding option :)

KIGO1987
8th May 2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks again D777. Your computer knowledge is quite useful. Would be great if you where studying at the same University as me, you be very helpful with issues like this.

I followed your step by step instructions, it downloading now:D

SaturnReturn
8th May 2009, 10:09 PM
I used to love SUPER, but I recently switched to MediaCoder when I realised that anything I converted to h.264 was way bigger than it should have been. I think MediaCoder is better for what I do with it, but don't know if there are downsides to it.

KIGO1987
6th June 2009, 06:52 AM
Is this ****ing lost on server issue ever going to be resolved? It been quite some time now and today would be nice.

blackwiggle
6th June 2009, 07:37 AM
You could always install a version of WINAMP tool bar to you current internet browser that you have already loaded into you PS3 for internet browsing.

mdhay
6th June 2009, 08:08 AM
You guys should try FormatFactory. It's free, does a lot of formats.:D

/endorsement;)

Darkdrium777
6th June 2009, 08:47 AM
I don't understand your question Kigo, it doesn't seem to fit in with the context... :?

KIGO1987
6th June 2009, 08:55 AM
I just realised i posted this on the wrong ****ing thread... ****sake...., its spose to be on this thread

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6072&page=2

NightArh
13th August 2009, 12:09 PM
Have anyone managed to work WMP12 Media Server in Windows 7? PS3 does not want to see it at all :? Firewall is turned off, media streaming service is active, active network on PC is Home Network, PS3 is connected to the network via wi-fi (router is working in Bridge mode).

zeeZ
13th August 2009, 03:11 PM
Yes I got it to work. I'm currently on XP because I'm rendering some videos though.

I might be wrong, but I believe media servers aren't available on WiFi mode...

NightArh
13th August 2009, 03:14 PM
No zeeZ, it works with PS3 Media Server. But I am curious how to do this with standard instruments ;) Can you explain me step-by-step what did you make with your Win7?

zeeZ
13th August 2009, 03:42 PM
I'm afraid I don't know how I managed to do it, I remember clicking a lot of things randomly.

One thing I remember is having to go to the more streaming options, view all networks and allow access from the device that seemed to be my ps3. Maybe there's also something in the homegroup and sharing options or elsewhere I activated..

NightArh
13th August 2009, 03:50 PM
Thats sad. I made everything right I think... Dou you have Beta/RC/RTM? I have RC1

zeeZ
14th August 2009, 03:33 PM
I think it's RC, build 7100.

My ps3 is able to see my pretty fresh install of the RC on my notebook, all I did was enable streaming and it sees it. I'm wired, UPnP is available and I have NAT type 2, which shouldn't have anything to do with this ^^