PDA

View Full Version : MotorStorm Pacific Rift

eLhabib
5th May 2009, 05:16 PM
I got this from Ben at the EuroConv, just played it for the first time today, and MAN, this game is a RUSH! Didn't bother picking it up before because I thought the concept was getting kinda old after having played through the first MotorStorm, but hey was I wrong! Especially when you don't know the tracks, the rush of racing white-knuckled through jungle, rocks, beaches with no idea where the hell you should be going, not knowing if there's a dead end ahead - just SWEET!

Thanks Ben!

stin
5th May 2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I just watched my son while he is playing today and it`s looks pretty awesome and I`m willing to play this game!

And yes, thanks to Ben too!;)

stevie:D

lunar
5th May 2009, 05:46 PM
I have borrowed this game and love it too. It`s crazy and a massive improvement on the original. It just seems a lot more exciting. Four player split screen actually has a playable frame rate, too, top game I think.

stinkleroy
5th May 2009, 06:14 PM
I've had this game since christmas....very pretty but found the lack of direction to be a bit of a nightmare. So I've played it very little. I blame Wipeout entirely :lol

Darkdrium777
5th May 2009, 06:51 PM
Yes, the game is great, I have it too. :) I haven't played it in a while though, and played online only once or twice. It's a great party game for sure (4p split screen). :)

KIGO1987
5th May 2009, 08:29 PM
Its a great game. But im not paying $110 for it.

I wait a bit til its Platinum:D

GreenPhazon
5th May 2009, 08:53 PM
It's fantastic. Really fast paced despite the amount of times you wreck your car. I think it has the edge over WOHD in splitscreen because me and my brother are more equal and truck on bike action is hilarious.

stin
6th May 2009, 08:12 PM
I gotta admit music are really awesome!!!

stevie:D

JJMiller
6th May 2009, 08:35 PM
yes you are right, this game is really funny.
I have only play it after the convention.
but have someone played Siren Blood Curse i have it become on the convention, too. And i have never heard something about this game.

thanks for this prices Ben;)

G'Kyl
6th May 2009, 08:35 PM
I'm glad you like it! I gotta admit I haven't played it yet, at least not the final version - it's not quite my kind of game. Either Sega Rally or Pure is my current fix if I wanna go off-road. :)

Ben

mdhay
6th May 2009, 08:40 PM
Either Sega Rally or Pure is my current fix if I wanna go off-road. :)

Ben

Or would that be on - off - road?;);););)

TheFrostE
7th May 2009, 12:41 AM
i thought about gettin mspr a while back but changed mind...how is it?

Darkdrium777
7th May 2009, 01:11 AM
*reads thread*

;)

eLhabib
7th May 2009, 09:35 AM
I've now played halfway through it, and I still love it! Soundtrack is bombing, and the feeling of racing is really unlike any other. Everything is shaking, there's stuff flying around all the time - total mayhem. I love it!

And I haven't even touched multiplayer yet!

Asayyeah
7th May 2009, 10:02 AM
yeah i agree with you , it's such a great game : very immersive and all vehicules got his own handling : maps are really huge ( only got 900 pts loyaltie so i am not that far into it) with so many possible ways to go through (shortcuts?)
I played it with a friend and he likes it a lot.
Graphics are splendid :O

eLhabib
7th May 2009, 10:17 AM
It's a shame that it isn't as deep as wipEout in terms of actual racing, otherwise I'd probably be playing it for a VERY LONG TIME.

stinkleroy
7th May 2009, 11:01 AM
Think I might start playing this a lot more...and yes the soundtrack is awesome! :D

Darkdrium777
7th May 2009, 11:17 AM
If you guys have not tried already, drive down in the river on that map with the canyon there (Forgot the name eheh). Take a big rig or a monster truck and drive down it, down the waterfalls. Just be careful when turning right under the bridge, you can crash.

Apart from that, it's amazing. Go do it now :)

GreenPhazon
7th May 2009, 03:12 PM
I generally go between buggy and racing trucks and avoid mud/water. Nice n' speedy, without toppling when I drive through/over a bush.

eLhabib
7th May 2009, 04:40 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention: this is one game you absolutely HAVE TO play from cockpit view - it adds so much to the action!
And, yeah, I prefer buggies too!

RedScar
7th May 2009, 05:37 PM
MS is a hugely fun game, but it turns less from actual racing to just memorizing the best route through each track. I'll stick with GRID as my 4 wheel racer for now, codemasters made a truly awesome game.

TheFrostE
7th May 2009, 06:02 PM
mmmm codemasters....i was a huge fan RF online for a long time, then the online community died and the races became insanely imbalanced

Rubix42
7th May 2009, 06:42 PM
MS was a ton of fun when I played it. Getting through the full campaign mode with all golds was a pretty big challenge. Boosting takes on a very tactical feel and the computer cheats a lot on level 7/8.

Darkdrium777
7th May 2009, 08:36 PM
Best overall vehicle is Mudplugger I think...
Although on some maps, like the one in the demo, bike is the better choice.

stin
13th May 2009, 08:15 PM
Personally, I`m becoming addicted to this game and I`m actually enjoying it.

Well, I have had played for over three hours so far but, I`m determine, I will complete the campaign!!!:bat

stevie:)

Darkdrium777
13th May 2009, 09:27 PM
New livery packs (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/13/new-and-free-motorstorm-dlc-hittin-the-dirt-on-may-14/) for free :) <3

yeldar2097
13th May 2009, 09:35 PM
question: are the loading times for MS2 better than the loading times for MS1?
after furious racing and mayhem the age-long wait between races quickly sent my adrenaline level spiralling downwards :(

Darkdrium777
14th May 2009, 12:04 AM
They're shorter. The fact that it doesn't load for vehicles helps. :)

Asayyeah
14th May 2009, 08:00 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention: this is one game you absolutely HAVE TO play from cockpit view - it adds so much to the action!
And, yeah, I prefer buggies too!

Agreed about cockpit view and it's all different from each vehicules.
btw i am testing the gold time trial (beating the devs) , one of the ghost is really hard to beat tbh this is the one from the 1st track with buggie.
Currently at rank4 into the league

Darkdrium777
14th May 2009, 09:26 AM
Well I got back into the game recently, I've now finished all the events. The last three were surprisingly easy considering it took me a few hours for the other rank 8 ones just to complete one.
Going to do some time trials soon for the ghost trophies and etc.

djKyoto
14th May 2009, 10:40 AM
Level 7/8 was one of the most frustrating things ever. I took a good hour plus to win some of those races.

KIGO1987
14th May 2009, 11:25 AM
Motorstorm2 is right up there with Burnout Paradise in the high probabilty controller possibilty breaking scale.

Damn some of that **** later on is hard, i find myself yelling at the TV a bit when the car decides to do something stupid like hit something small then it crashes.

Still a great game, well thought through.

Darkdrium777
14th May 2009, 05:50 PM
I had forgotten how the ATV sucked major ass until I went for the ghost on Kanaloa Bay. I nearly tore my hair out when it flipped over on a flat surface.

It kept doing it again and again mind you.

Now going for Rally Car

You know what this game needs? Something that tells you which song is playing. Right now I've no idea what song is playing at all times, and thus the ones I like. :(

Asayyeah
15th May 2009, 09:09 AM
there's few electro tracks which are brilliant to listen, i did unselect the rest.
about Kanaloa have you tried to beat that dev ghost with buggie, Xavier?

Darkdrium777
15th May 2009, 09:53 PM
Yes I beat it. It was probably the hardest, Monster Truck being the easiest (3 secs margin between me and the ghost).

I also played online a little, ranked and custom games. I'm not really good but I can hold my own, often coming near the podium (5th) and sometimes into it. I also won one ranked race.
It's funny though that in the Evo-SL game where collisions matter the most (Motorstorm) the lag isn't as hindering for play, but in the Evo-SL game where collisions are a secondary (WipEout), they are completely off-putting.

For ghosts sometimes they don't go the best way, you can follow them and beat them by a small margin or change route and beat them by a large margin.

mdhay
16th May 2009, 08:32 AM
there's few electro tracks which are brilliant to listen, i did unselect the rest.

Did you take off Tarantula?

GreenPhazon
16th May 2009, 04:26 PM
I feel MotorStorm PR would benefit from custom soundtrack. In fact all racing games bar F-Zero GX.

IDReaper
16th May 2009, 05:08 PM
Although I really like the soundtrack i agree a custom soudtrack awesome would be great. Only had the game for two days now and I'm absolutely loving it! Beat 3 dev ghosts, Kanaloa Buggy/Sugar Rush Buggy/Riptide Buggy. Yeah, I love me some buggy! Darkdrium777 your right on the alt route thing, I destroyed the buggy time on Sugar Rush using an alt route =D

RJ O'Connell
17th May 2009, 06:27 AM
I feel MotorStorm PR would benefit from custom soundtrack. In fact all racing games bar F-Zero GX.
They'll have it in the new Arctic game. If not, consider my $60 going elsewhere.

If anyone wants to play PR, send me a message over PSN, I'm totally down for it!

Luxoflux
17th May 2009, 04:47 PM
But this game has custom soundtrack. Just press the ps button and select one off your playlist's. I always drive faster when im listening to the prodigy ;)

SaturnReturn
17th May 2009, 05:45 PM
You can't use custom soundtracks online though, right? At least I think that's how it was - haven't played in a while.

Luxoflux
17th May 2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, youre right. only offline races support custom soundtrack

Asayyeah
18th May 2009, 03:18 PM
thx Luxo , i didn't knew it was possible, so you put audio sound to zero or you unselect all tracks from the MS playlist.
Btw i had few races online with Anthony last friday : i am very surprised how weird it is to connect to a race and especially to keep all the players into the same area to have another race, i know it's maybe related to the 'group feature' but i don't know how it works

Darkdrium777
18th May 2009, 09:25 PM
You were probably doing some matchmaking (Either Ranked or Casual). While I think it is possible to always stick with the same players during that, I don't know how.

If you do a custom race however (third option), you are the host and can control the settings for the races, and it works just like in WOHD.

KIGO1987
12th June 2009, 06:28 AM
Just bought a new copy of Motorstorm Pacific Rift at JB today for $49, great price, i said i would buy it at platinum price not a $109. Going to try this custom music tracks feature on it. Putting the disc on the PS3 now

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt!!!!!!! whats this ****ing 415mb update, for ****sake ill be here to 7pm at this rate. Very shiity now. ****ing 296minutes left:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brick wall:brickwall:brickwall

Asayyeah
12th June 2009, 07:18 AM
60% of the trophies reached :)

Btw Kieran when will you update your 'dial-up' connexion?

KIGO1987
12th June 2009, 08:37 AM
Dial Up is 5kbps
My Net is 25kbps
My pateints is at zero now

My provider is being an absolute grade A **** at the moment. Contract isnt over til November, what a load of ****, its over last month. I bet one of those dodgy cunts on the telephone from ****ing Mumbai or New Delihi extended my contract without my authorisation.

It hard at this moment in time to get anything right/to work/to advance/all to ****ing work at all. Im ****ing a limits edge here.

Net upgrade.... Ill give it another shot next wednesday when i have enough energy in my soul to dial these cunty exisisting net providers and correct the errors so i can ASAP change to a 21st century provider an have net speed that doesnt go as fast as the grass that grows out the front of the house.

Darkdrium777
12th June 2009, 10:30 AM
Can't you just cancel the contract for the end of this month and get a better connection elsewhere?

KIGO1987
12th June 2009, 10:42 AM
a disloyalty fee would be involved, and i dont really want to spend anymore money on ****.

But this net speed is prehistoric net speed is bullshit. From all you guys. Im tired of bitchin about Vista Pads and cunty lag in my favourite Playstation game.

Well right now the download is on 90% an there is 30minutes left for the Pacific Rift 1.02 update. This feels like a sentence at this rate.

You know what Xavier, **** it, i'll change this **** next week after my Tuesday exam.

Darkdrium777
12th June 2009, 05:53 PM
Well I would think paying a little bit of money will be better for your aggression inhibitors ;) :p

KIGO1987
21st June 2009, 08:19 AM
Nearly broke a controller of this game today. But its very challenging in a good aspect too.

Who plays this game online? Is it good, or is it shiity?

Luxoflux
21st June 2009, 08:56 AM
Ittle be indeed smart to get a spare set of controllers. The Catch-Up of the AI in some off the higher ranked race makes you throw atleast 2 controlers out off the window. Online works suprisingly well in this game. Youlle be in an online race in no time

KIGO1987
21st June 2009, 09:07 AM
lol Luxoflux, ive got a spare Sixaxis thats in reserve and another Sixaxis controller which is a bit ****ed so im using that one for scraping. Go there are so many cunty moments in that game. God you have to hear me curse in this game;

"gay! gay! very gay! gay! ****! gay! extremely gay! bastard! ****! fuk! fuk it! gay! [hit a small rock, and the car rolls over] **** is the highest fuking order! [then the controller gets thrown into orbit].

I actually took out one of my satellite speakers when i threw my controller earlier. Controller still works though. Same with the speaker.

Gotta be careful in the future though.

Darkdrium777
22nd June 2009, 02:20 AM
Yeah, the AI in ranks 7 or 8 is brutal, so keep in mind it's not you but the game and it might prevent Olympic controller throwing from happening in your living room ;)

Lance
23rd June 2009, 04:20 PM
~... "gay! gay! very gay! gay! ****! gay! extremely gay! bastard! ****! fuk! fuk it! gay! [hit a small rock, and the car rolls over] **** is the highest fuking order! [then the controller gets thrown into orbit].

What did I do? :D

mdhay
23rd June 2009, 05:15 PM
Absolutely nothing at all.:g

jan709
23rd June 2009, 09:07 PM
im nearly through all races:cake, i need just 1-3 more (im not sure it has been a while since i last played it)

KIGO1987
27th June 2009, 11:38 AM
What did I do? :D

You know what you did over in the Phillipines :g

Lance
27th June 2009, 02:51 PM
Never been to the Philippines; I just did Phillip.