PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros sure know how to milk a cash cow.

blackwiggle
1st May 2009, 04:12 AM
I've just been surfing around the movie sites and see that the last Harry Potter movie "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows" will be in two parts.
Part 1 due for release Dec 2010.

I suppose since no others are to be written they want to milk it for every cent they can [unless they can persuade JK Rowlings to write a prequel];)

GreenPhazon
1st May 2009, 03:14 PM
I never read it, but it was a bloody huge book.

mdhay
1st May 2009, 04:44 PM
I used to be a fan of it, but I grew tired of its" BS when Harry didn't cure his eyesight and get laid like someone magical in his situation would do.:g

komatos
2nd May 2009, 06:17 PM
Harry Potter's ok and all, but it's too much of a marketing masterpiece. I'd rather see the Young Wizards series by Diane Duane made into movies. So far there's 8 books that have been written between 1983 and 2007. Young Wizards was Harry Potter 15 years before Harry Potter ever existed (the first book: So You Want To Be A Wizard was released in 1983 when I was 12) and the stories are so much more well written, thought out, and have deep issues for fantasy novels written for Young Adults. I started out reading the first book 26 years ago, and 7 books and 2 1/2 decades later, still look forward to each new title in the series.

RedScar
3rd May 2009, 03:13 AM
Read the book, avoid the movie