PDA

View Full Version : The new Star Trek movie

YouAreFubar
28th April 2009, 10:37 PM
So has anyone been looking forward to the re-imagining of the Star Trek franchise by JJ Abrams? The trailers whet my appetite for this film a while ago. Im not usually a Star Trek fan, but this did look good!

I managed to get hold of some tickets for a preview at my local cinema tonight, and to be fair I really enjoyed the film. Before we even got in there though we had to hand in all portable electronic devices and a security guard came into the room before the showing and said they had night vision in the room and if anyone was caught with phones, cameras, etc they would be removed!

Anyway, the franchise has been taken back in time to the original series but theyve modernised it brilliantly (especially the new evil-looking Romulans!)! Very stylishly shot, reasonable storyline, Simon Pegg trying to be Scottish, a few laughes, overall a very good film. My only minor gripe is it could have been a bit grittier (although this wasnt expected, it is Star Trek after all!). Ive been well into the Battlestar Galactica remake lately, and I like it because its grittier than your usual sci-fi.

AG-wolf
29th April 2009, 03:59 AM
I totally wanna see this, did it just hit theaters finally?

stin
29th April 2009, 07:34 AM
I'm soo glad you seen it and now I wanna see it for DVD!

stevie:)

stinkleroy
29th April 2009, 09:02 AM
I'm interested to see this...I've seen one other Star Trek film at the cinema but frankly we only went to laugh at how orange William Shatner was. Was Zach Quinto any good as Spock? I just can't see him as anything other than Sylar!! :lol

GreenPhazon
29th April 2009, 03:17 PM
I can't wait for this, but will it be better than TNG? I'll wait and see.

Picard > Shatner's Kirk - let's see where new Kirk falls.

ACE-FLO
30th April 2009, 09:36 AM
At Stinkleroy, apparently - Zach plays a very convincing Spock, and has a big presence on screen. Just as I expected...

YouAreFubar
30th April 2009, 08:49 PM
@Stinkleroy - He does a very good job of playing Spock. I wasnt too sure when I first saw the trailers but in the film when you get proper exposure to his character, he is very good.

micky1984
1st May 2009, 10:43 AM
just wanna say battlestar gallactica does indeed rock, im not to excited about the star trek film but would like to see simon pegg as a scot, very interesting to here about the security tho, night vision lol

GreenPhazon
1st May 2009, 03:12 PM
@mickey1984:

So say we all

YouAreFubar
1st May 2009, 04:26 PM
SO SAY WE ALL!

lol

micky1984
1st May 2009, 10:33 PM
SO SAY WE ALL :banzai . that put a mahooosive smile on my face :)