PDA

View Full Version : Zoners on LBP

Motorsagmannen
15th April 2009, 11:57 PM
ive noticed that some of the zoners on my friendslist also are/have been playing LBP so just out of curiosity i would like to see how many we are.
i am of course one of them. ;)

Amorbis
16th April 2009, 12:06 AM
I'm in possession of LittleBigPlanet and I've done a few things on it. I've created a couple of levels; an ice platformer level as a first attempt at a level and a Game & Watch clone level of the octopus game. The Game & Watch level took me two days to perfect so I'm quite proud of it. I haven't played it in a while, not sure what's happened on it recently.

Feel free to look up my levels under Amorbis.

stinkleroy
16th April 2009, 12:54 AM
I haven't played LBP in ages, loved it though...so many funny online experiences. Wipeout has stolen all of my game time since though :(

Motorsagmannen
16th April 2009, 01:10 AM
Feel free to look up my levels under Amorbis.

will do amorbis and feel free to try my lvls to, the industrial showdown one is kinda hard though, and none other than me have completed it so far:frown:

Lion
16th April 2009, 01:25 AM
I just finished the main (for want of a better word) campaign a couple of days ago.
Haven't really tooled with making anything yet though, as I haven't ben struck by inspiration

LOUDandPROUD
16th April 2009, 02:20 AM
I have the game, but haven't played it yet. Looking forward to it though!

Darkdrium777
16th April 2009, 07:08 AM
I have the game too. It's been a long time since the disc was inserted in my PS3 though. Haven't released a single level, although I have one in progress (You could say that I am a perfectionist, it took a little less than a week for the first room :blarg)

mdhay
16th April 2009, 07:59 AM
I have it, currently working on a level with the MGS stuff, and hopefully, the Cornish Yarg Patch will make me tear away from Killzone 2 and make me play LBP again.

On the MGS DLC note: Anyone got the wipEout DLC for LittleBigPlanet?

JJPAP
16th April 2009, 10:53 AM
Have it as well. Cute and everything, but I don´t really fancy it (never been that much into playing w/ dolls ...). So, Motorsagmannen, when ever you see me playing: It´s not me! - but my 6 years old daughter trying to get Sackboy to look like a girl ;).

Zoth-Ommog
16th April 2009, 11:01 AM
LOL exactly same here as JJPAP's :lol

Motorsagmannen
16th April 2009, 02:00 PM
Have it as well. Cute and everything, but I don´t really fancy it (never been that much into playing w/ dolls ...). So, Motorsagmannen, when ever you see me playing: It´s not me! - but my 6 years old daughter trying to get Sackboy to look like a girl ;).

yeah right, blame your daughter for you having a girlish sackboy. its all you and you know it.
and speaking of coincidence, i actually have a trophy called "yes,i play with dolls" lol xD ( guess what game :P )

mdhay
16th April 2009, 02:58 PM
Fallout 3.

Cerbis
16th April 2009, 03:19 PM
I play LittleBigPlanet! Not a lot, though. It's so much more fun with people, and people are in short supply for LBP, it seems...
I haven't created any levels yet because I want to finish collecting as much stuff as possible. Bigger palette means more tools to do what I want, yea? :D

Perhaps we should try to get some Zoners together for LBP sometime?

Motorsagmannen
16th April 2009, 03:27 PM
good idea cerbis, i like it very much

and mdhay youre completely right, btw i got platinum on it

GreenPhazon
16th April 2009, 04:22 PM
I have LBP but don't play it much. Rarely do I go online because while the pre-made levels are great, the online ones are not.

Motorsagmannen
16th April 2009, 04:37 PM
green phazon, im glad to say that you are mistaken. some of the comunity levels are far better than the storyline levels. i guess u just been unlucky m8

Amorbis
16th April 2009, 04:55 PM
There are a few hidden gems in the giant rock that is LittleBigPlanet online, I can't really say mine are gems though. I've played a few well realised levels and hearted them and they're quite hard to find if you don't play the ones of the best levels planet.

I've really struggled with some of the game's trophies. Getting 10 people to heart your level is a lot harder than it sounds, especially when your level can do no more to stand out than having a pun for a name and silly icon. I would like to get together with some Zoners for a LittleBigPlanet level crawl, who knows what would happen :dizzy.

SaturnReturn
16th April 2009, 05:16 PM
I played it a fair bit when first released. I had to complete and ace it twice because my save data was corrupted. Grrr! I played it one night recently and tried stinkleroy's level and Greenix's. Not bad but there were some balloons on stinkle's that left me baffled. :blarg

GreenPhazon
17th April 2009, 11:49 AM
If I find a community level that I enjoy that isn't merely an intricately constructed rollercoatser (which, while impressive, are rather dull and repetetive) you guys will be the first to know. Just don't hold your breath.

Motorsagmannen
17th April 2009, 01:09 PM
i never liked rollercoasters anyway ( same resons as you. of course they can be spectacular but i like to do the gruntwork myself when i play.)
a tip for finding good levels is search for most hearted/best rated and ignore any level with the word "prizes!!" or "H4H" in it.
the rest are usully quite good and i bet you will find a level you like, or you can serch for "super sackboy brothers"
edit: @amorbis: yes we should be able to pull something like this off for sure. i always heart any zoners on my friendslist and play their levels if they have any but doing so with a party of zoners would be sweet :D

kanar
18th April 2009, 06:03 PM
Careful, these Sackboys are alive! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotA3gmHN-0&feature=channel_page)

Motorsagmannen
18th April 2009, 06:48 PM
awesome link kanar:lol

sweet "shadow of the colosuss ending to, omg"

SaturnReturn
18th April 2009, 07:45 PM
Haha. The training montage was brilliant. The acting from the sack people was excellent. From the real people though, hmmmm, not so much.

stin
18th April 2009, 07:57 PM
Personally, I`d thought that video is pretty funny and I did gave them a ratings. ;)

But I do not play them...ever, not my type of game.

stevie:)

TheFrostE
18th April 2009, 09:10 PM
i could get back into it if i had some more people to play with. i do have quite a collection of levels if anyone is ever intersted in tryin em or playing

mdhay
19th April 2009, 07:24 AM
I would, FrostE.:D

Motorsagmannen
19th April 2009, 01:45 PM
i am trying to play all levels by people who sign up on this thread, its fun to see what people can come up with.

GreenPhazon
19th April 2009, 02:54 PM
I haven't actually made any. I'm yet to exhaust the pre-made levels of their fun :lol

chaos80
19th April 2009, 08:52 PM
I'm also on LBP, but not the creative type :(

Motorsagmannen
19th April 2009, 08:57 PM
well worst case scenario, ill heart you for being zoners.so dont worry chaos & phazon

TheFrostE
19th April 2009, 09:54 PM
awesome games today md and saturn. i couldnt stop laughing, especially at your lvl glitch md. hope you enjoyed my levels as well. even though i havent made any in a little bit

Motorsagmannen
19th April 2009, 11:14 PM
nice to see my thread working according to its intention froste:+
ill add you to my friendslist on the psn, and if i happen to be on lbp just give me a heads up an i will gladly play with you

mdhay
20th April 2009, 02:34 PM
I did enjoy them Frost - I can see how much work you've put into it.:):D

stinkleroy
20th April 2009, 02:40 PM
I played it a fair bit when first released. I had to complete and ace it twice because my save data was corrupted. Grrr! I played it one night recently and tried stinkleroy's level and Greenix's. Not bad but there were some balloons on stinkle's that left me baffled. :blarg

Haha I forgot I'd even made any levels...I would'nt bother playing any of mine I was merely mucking about and didn't really put any effort in. Might get back on LBP and have another go sometime though :)

JaceMc
21st April 2009, 04:33 AM
I've got LBP, haven't made any levels as of yet, but I did make a few nice costumes. Altair from Assassins Creed, for example.

Do have a couple of ideas for levels though, might try making one today. Wonder if it's possible to make a Wipeout ship? I have an idea, though it would probably be less 'Anti-gravity' and more 'Hanging-from-a-string-attached-to-a-motor'.

designer_79
21st April 2009, 05:02 AM
Have LBP too, but haven't even played through all the levels yet. Stuck in India i think ... but if there are so many zoners on LBP too i eagerly look forward to an online session. LBP online is priceless , we could start beating each other up even in that game :D

TheFrostE
21st April 2009, 06:05 PM
jace...i currently have a prototype level of a simulation of the altima 7 track from WO1. the ship was screen-shotted and imported into the game, then carved to shape from the wood material. i made a functional cockpit that your sack boy can get in. bascially once you get in the race starts and its basically a sit back and enjoy the ride level. the ship travels on a set course to the end.

AG-Wolf 2097 was here when i first started it so he has a better idea of what im working on. but its very possible m8 :D

zeeZ
22nd April 2009, 12:12 PM
Check out my awesome level of awesomeness full of inside jokes I made for some IPTV station ;)

Oh, and play both PIXALATION levels

Motorsagmannen
22nd April 2009, 10:12 PM
hmmm, awesome level of awesomeness, sounds awesome lol. i`ll try it. :D

SaturnReturn
22nd April 2009, 10:21 PM
Might get back on LBP and have another go sometime though :)

You had better go and work on that level. I wouldn't like to see all my constructive criticism in the comments go to waste. To summarise it here - wtf ballons? :D

stinkleroy
24th April 2009, 07:35 AM
Haha you obviously just didn't have the skill to manoeuvre the balloons of impossibility :p

lunar
24th April 2009, 08:28 AM
This sounds like a challenge Stinkleroy I will seek out your level and the other zoner levels. :g

I love playing LBP with the kids and I have found stacks and stacks of brilliant user-created levels to play. Perhaps we should start a list of WZ-tested and recommended levels here. Some of the community levels are just amazing and the people who make them are so talented. My kids are brilliant at the LBP campaign and I get them to do the hard bits for me :paperbag as I don`t have patience and they seem to be able to just get through the hard bits with a fearless attitude. All in all I think it`s a brilliant game, just so funny and sociable. :nod

Amorbis
24th April 2009, 03:07 PM
Haha you obviously just didn't have the skill to manoeuvre the balloons of impossibility :p

I can say that I completed the level, first time too ;). Check the leader board for my rubbish score. WTF balloons indeed.

I've met up with Mdhay since my last post and I've had some fun sessions checking out his creations, that Portal level is shaping up just fine. I'm going to check out some more people's stuff today, maybe I'll even heart a few levels if I'm feeling generous.

mdhay
25th April 2009, 10:21 PM
Hey guys, I'll add everyone who plays LBP, as you guys will just love my Dynamo Corp. Test Course (Aperture Science and Portal - esque level) I've done the turrets albeit they aren't the same, but do talk and explode.(:D) A super computer (Not GLaDOS) makes an appearance. and I've made a 'Control Room' that contains pictures of a subject (Chell?) and a really cool chair and desk.:)

Basically, it's going to be kickass.:D

Motorsagmannen
26th April 2009, 04:01 PM
wow i love portal, sounds awesome mdhay :g

SaturnReturn
26th April 2009, 06:26 PM
I can say that I completed the level, first time too ;).

Pfft! Show off!

mdhay
29th April 2009, 05:06 PM
it's going to be kickass.:D

I think I'll retract this statement. There is a level that has a makeshift portal gun in use, which makes my entire level redundant. :(

Motorsagmannen
29th April 2009, 11:17 PM
@saturn: speaking of showoff my score on that level, is more than two times amorbis and stinkleroy`s score put together, how this could be beats me lol.

mdhay
3rd May 2009, 02:20 PM
'Kay guys, my level's finished.:D

lunar
3rd May 2009, 04:54 PM
I will check it out when I can get the kids off LBP ;)

Motorsagmannen
4th May 2009, 01:38 PM
btw does anyone else here have the LBP t-shirt or is it just me. i got it when i pre-ordered the game. and mdhay i really enjoyed your level, nails the feel of portal very nicely.

mdhay
4th May 2009, 04:58 PM
...mdhay i really enjoyed your level, nails the feel of portal very nicely.

+1 to your rep, there.:D

Some will/may be interested to know that my next project is a Metroid - esque level. So, burlap - fingers crossed!;)

@lunar: I've still got to do some finishing touches, so take your time prying your kids away.:+

GreenPhazon
4th May 2009, 05:50 PM
Metroid?! I'll bust out LBP for that!

Amorbis
4th May 2009, 05:56 PM
I haven't played your Portal level properly yet MDhay, I've got loads of other games to play! I might try and get on it after my brother has finished playing Tiger Woods 09. I very much like the idea of a Metroid level. If you use lots of dynamic lighting and environmental sound effects you could make it very atmospheric. You're definitely one of the better level creators I know, my levels never seem to get off the ground :(.

mdhay
4th May 2009, 05:58 PM
@GreenPhazon:
Unfortunately, I can't do a morph ball, which would be awesome.:hyper
I can already tell you like Metroid; your username gives it all away;)(?)

Amorbis
4th May 2009, 06:09 PM
For a morph ball you could make a ball shaped vehicle that acts like a morph ball. You could try and use a spring mechanism to make it jump like when using a morph ball bomb. You'll have to try out a few things for that.

And here is some relevant information about myself. (http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Amorbis)

mdhay
4th May 2009, 06:16 PM
Hmm... more Metroid fans? Cool.

How about I make the soundtrack to Brinstar the music in game? That'd rule IMO.:lol

GreenPhazon
5th May 2009, 03:45 PM
@GreenPhazon:
Unfortunately, I can't do a morph ball, which would be awesome.:hyper
I can already tell you like Metroid; your username gives it all away;)(?)

That's a shame. Adding morph ball with other LBP features would make for some interestng puzzles.

And I forgot how openly I love Metroid on this forum, I'm TheGreenManalishi on a few others

I like green.

Edit: @Amorbis I loved that boss. Still haven't beaten boost guardian though. I need to stock up on various ammunitions.

mdhay
6th May 2009, 05:49 PM
You know what? I'm not bothering with doing a Metroid level. It's a good concept, but it's too hard to start off.

Motorsagmannen
8th May 2009, 02:14 AM
thats a shame but i dont blame you, pulling of a good metroid level would be a humongus task

mdhay
8th May 2009, 09:01 PM
'Kay guys, I'm publishing my level soon.

kanar
10th May 2009, 05:13 PM
NiceDaftpunkLBPclip! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xscOOhHmGC0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eps3gen%2Efr%2Findex%2Ephp% 3Foption%3Dcom%5Fcontent%26task%3Dview%26id%3D5270 %26Itemid%3D1&feature=player_embedded)

SaturnReturn
10th May 2009, 05:46 PM
I think humans should stop making music videos. They just can't compete with the sack people.

mdhay
11th May 2009, 03:26 PM
The sackboys in that Video are the guys from Daft Punk - They just been made out of wool.:g

stinkleroy
12th May 2009, 12:26 AM
Haha that video rocks :p

zeeZ
12th May 2009, 06:27 AM
I recently ordered a batch of little sack people figures...

mdhay
30th May 2009, 08:09 PM
My level is now published. 4 stars.:D

GreenPhazon
9th June 2009, 03:46 PM
Finished the 'professional' levels, can someone reccomend any fun user-created levels that aren't coasters?

mdhay
9th June 2009, 04:11 PM
There's Little Dead Space, Fallout 3:When The Bombs Fell, and a few others. There's also my level. *nudge nudge, wink wink ;)*

GreenPhazon
9th June 2009, 04:26 PM
Ha ha, shameless self-promotion :beer

I'm not playing right now, my brothers are, but when I have a go, I'll be sure to check your level out.

mdhay
9th June 2009, 04:57 PM
I don't think you're on my friend list, so if you would like to try out my level, you should look at Amorbis' hearted levels, it's there.

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know that I am making that Metroid level, albeit more different than similar.:+

GreenPhazon
9th June 2009, 05:14 PM
Awesome. There's some pretty good Metroid levels on there, already. Can't have too much of a good thing.

Also, really like your Portal level, it's just a shame there isn't more scope for item development in the level creator. Some form of Portal gun (or gravity gun for that matter) would be fantastic.

mdhay
9th June 2009, 05:53 PM
There is a portal gun, but it is essentialy a checkpoint with horrible gas surounding it emitted by a paint trigger. It's crude, but it works.