PDA

View Full Version : General conversation thread: Chat about anything that's not WipEout.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Lance
5th April 2009, 05:55 PM
As the title says, talk here about anything that doesn't belong in the Wipeout sections. Change subject all you want, but don't expect it to be easy to find any one thing after the subject has already switched again. :D Just have fun.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 06:52 PM
can we talk about the title of the thread? i'm not a very original person so that's what i'm going to do.
actually that's my chat kind of over before it even started...oh well.
let the happy rampant offtopic chat begin :g

KGB
5th April 2009, 07:18 PM
I'll start. Man U are the luckiest ****ers that walked the earth. How's that?

chaos80
5th April 2009, 07:28 PM
Who is Micheal Cera??:rolleyes:

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 08:17 PM
you make your own luck kgb: man u > livershite :lol

no idea who michael cera is...

since we're not talking about what we're not talking about (see lance, i'm good at this game :)), let's talk about rollcage.

here's something that made me really happy and filled me with hope: RollcageX (http://www.gorcx.net/)

anyone else think this is the best idea EVER?!

silverfoxy
5th April 2009, 08:27 PM
I'll second that KGB. Its a lot easier to deal with being beat 5-0 than losing to a last minute goal against a team that got lucky.

Ah well, onwards and upwards....

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 08:31 PM
scoring in the last minute is still scoring. it's not luck if you can last longer than the other team. even if it's the end of the match and you score, you've scored, the other team have lapsed. not luck in my opinion. i also hate liverpool so i came up with this bullshit to attempt (no doubt in vain) to prove my point :P
i love you all really :D

How many French men does it take to make you wanna dance to U2? † many.

mdhay
5th April 2009, 08:48 PM
effffgyggggfffdsaaqqqq222235yyyuuuiop09999oool.,,, ,nbcxzzaassssdhppooooijjjj,,,,lllkkkjhfdaqqqq2222w wwwxxzzzaaasssdfhjiiii777755ttttfffdszzzxxxxvbm,?' ''lllljhfdaqqqwwsssssddddeee3eeeedcc/___---___LLLOPPPP)))(((*&%$@@####$^&()))(

Nuff Said.:D

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 08:54 PM
does everyone in blackburn speak like that? :lol

yeldar2097 is incredibly sad for posting so much in this thread: discuss.

Darkdrium777
5th April 2009, 09:36 PM
I am in this thread.

KGB
5th April 2009, 09:58 PM
Who is Micheal Cera??:rolleyes:

Actor

yeldar2097 is incredibly sad for posting so much in this thread: discuss.

Not sad mate, just deluded. :lol

Lance
5th April 2009, 10:11 PM
I think everybody deludes themselves, and that certainly includes me.

-------------

~snip~How many French men does it take to make you wanna dance to U2? † many.

It doesn't take even one to get me to SING along with U2, but dancing, I don't know; is U2 very danceable?

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 10:12 PM
hence † many ;)

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 10:14 PM
Not too many Panni's in France from what ive been told about.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 10:18 PM
what's a Panni?

KGB
5th April 2009, 10:19 PM
If you take plenty of drugs it is possible to dance to 'Discotheque'

I prefer their more screwed up songs though.

Lance
5th April 2009, 10:21 PM
I don't think I wanna sEE anybody dance to 'Lemon'.

KGB
5th April 2009, 10:25 PM
I love 'Lemon' lance, it's got the best Harmony's I have ever heard. Not tried dancing to that though, I ran out of drugs with 'Discotheque'. :lol

Lance
5th April 2009, 10:30 PM
The video for Lemon was pretty damned odd; I dunno what Bono was on when he made it. Sorta entertaining, but creepy.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 10:31 PM
oh dear lord i've inadvertently started a conversation about dancing to U2 without being remixed by justice first :P

Lance
5th April 2009, 10:32 PM
There is hardly ever any justice in the world. ;)

KGB
5th April 2009, 10:36 PM
Don't think I've even seen the video of that. I really like 'Dirty Day' off that album. Not heard their new album yet, anyone heard it or are they too old for everyone.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 10:40 PM
quite frankly i have no idea what you're talking about so i'm going offtopic

kgb you changed your avatar?!?!?! (that doesn't count does it lance?)

Lance
5th April 2009, 10:46 PM
hmm.. [thinks]

[thinks some more]

[still thinking]

While I'm thinking, carry on. :g

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 10:47 PM
take as much time as you want lance, spread the thinking out.
high think density is bad for you ;)

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 10:48 PM
Whats the price of petrol in the UK?

Lance
5th April 2009, 10:54 PM
Same as just about everywhere: too much.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 10:57 PM
91p where i live. that like 1.9 aussie dollars/litre

Lance
5th April 2009, 11:04 PM
eeK. Just under two U.S. dollars per gALLon here.

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 11:05 PM
FM thats a bit. its been $1.10 up to $1.20 AUD recently.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 11:06 PM
you're both tossers and i hate you....

you should try diesel, it's £1.03-£1.10/LITRE over here!!!

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 11:15 PM
Don't blame me, blame the US for there ability to manipulate the world oil price whenever they choose. Australian prices are dictated by the price that is regulated in Singapore.

A gallon is 3.785 liters and the exchange rate is around .65 atm. make the price of petrol in the US somewhere under a dollar AUD, lucky cunts.

Darkdrium777
5th April 2009, 11:16 PM
Under a dollar here for gas, for diesel I think we're getting ripped off at over a dollar, not sure.

But hey, we're getting ripped off no matter what the price is.

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 11:23 PM
ripped off at over a dollar? pah! this stupid country has only just convinced petrol to go below £1 let alon $1. this was also the case when the pound was strong (so for someone in the US it was nearly $8/gallon!)

stupid united kingdom -_-

Darkdrium777
5th April 2009, 11:31 PM
Yeah. I read somewhere the cost for a barrel of oil was pretty cheap, and they sold it once close to 100$. So rip offs no matter what. :|

KIGO1987
5th April 2009, 11:36 PM
Diesel should be cheaper than Petrol regardless, since Diesel is a less refined product compared to petrol. Dumb governments like to apply a dirty tax on Diesel. Very 1990s, it should be scrapped now. Most green cars today are actually diesel vehicles since they have better millage/economy/range than there petrol comparisons.

stinkleroy
6th April 2009, 12:13 AM
stupid united kingdom -_-

Agreed! ;)

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 12:16 AM
what's worse is that i've only just started driving and i'm still in school so i don't have a job (against school rules) so my wallet is taking a pounding

stinkleroy
6th April 2009, 12:20 AM
Yeah I can imagine! I don't drive as I simply can't afford the expense of a car on top of everything else....independant living is so expensive in the UK!

My cousin came over from Austarlia and only lasted a year as she couldn't believe the cost of living....dunno why she thought here would be better than Australia. Fool :p

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 12:23 AM
less bugs, less heat, less australians; no brainer :P
i joke i joke...

maybe she came for the boys with their wit and their cute british accents? :lol

stinkleroy
6th April 2009, 12:35 AM
Rain, cold, greyness, economic rip off, misery, tracksuit wearing chavs and ASDA

Enough to make me wanna not wanna live here haha! ;)

Haha Yeldar she probably did come here for the men...then promptly realised her grave error......:p

SaturnReturn
6th April 2009, 12:41 AM
let's talk about rollcage.

here's something that made me really happy and filled me with hope: RollcageX (http://www.gorcx.net/)

anyone else think this is the best idea EVER?!

Dunno but I remember playing the arse off a demo of rollcage on PSX. That was a badass demo if ever there was one. I never bought the game though because I was poor at the time. But I'd love a rollcage on PS3.

KIGO1987
6th April 2009, 12:48 AM
what's worse is that i've only just started driving and i'm still in school so i don't have a job (against school rules) so my wallet is taking a pounding

Surly your Citroen doesnt chew up that much fuel. Maybe you are driving it at Zone 75 or something, lol.

Yeah I can imagine! I don't drive as I simply can't afford the expense of a car on top of everything else....independant living is so expensive in the UK!

My cousin came over from Austarlia and only lasted a year as she couldn't believe the cost of living....dunno why she thought here would be better than Australia. Fool :p

Europe and the UK has so much more heritage than Australia. Plus you can get to see your roots overs there.

Shes probably couldnt stand the heat, so she said **** it and left to go to Europe. I can sympathize there alot. I cant stand the fuking heat. However it has been in the nice mid 20s this week, finally a day where you dont really need to use to car AC or the house AC.

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 12:55 AM
there's nothing wrong with us british males. what with our beer, our fags, our complimenting beer-bellies, our lack of motivation our lack of.......ahh....right...

my citroen is lovely and frugal as far as fuel consumption is concerned but it's still annoying when you have to refuel knowing that you have no income....

ROLLCAGE RULEZZZZZZ

Motorsagmannen
6th April 2009, 02:19 AM
[Quote=How many French men does it take to make you wanna dance to U2? † many.[/QUOTE]

are u talking about justice? or am i way off? anyways i love those french bastards and the second i figure how to make a playlist on WOHD from my external hard drive to the ps3 they will be with me on the tracks along with the entire Initial-D soundtrack :D

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 03:20 AM
FINALLY!! SOMEONE GOT IT!!

remember: no talking about you know what, otherwise lance will eat your face and give you gills :P

you have to put the music ONTO your PS3 to make a playlist (i think...?)

mdhay
6th April 2009, 06:57 AM

Nope, I've domesticated a Fast Headcrab Zombie. His name is Gerald.

Darkdrium777
6th April 2009, 07:07 AM
^Speaking of which:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCFdpOMiCzs

mdhay
6th April 2009, 07:36 AM
what's a Panni?

He means a Panini.

Anyhoo, anybody eaten one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Fried_Mars_Bar

Harvai
6th April 2009, 10:30 AM
tracksuit wearing chavs

Always wanted to know what a Chav was, really.

As for deep fried mars bar - show me a place that sells 'em and I'll go there!

stinkleroy
6th April 2009, 11:33 AM
Haha you'll have to go to Scotland for a deep fried mars bar. I know they sell them in Edinburgh as I met Chris Rock in a chip shop that sells them. Thankfully he wasnt buying one! ;)

KGB
6th April 2009, 11:45 AM
???What are we not meant to be talking about???

KIGO1987
6th April 2009, 12:25 PM
He means a Panini.

Anyhoo, anybody eaten one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Fried_Mars_Bar

lol, not quite.
http://www.eatatfolinos.com/images/panini2.jpg

You find them in Italy more than France. Quite nice if you have the right ingredients.

kanar
6th April 2009, 12:41 PM
It's called Panini (Italian name for sure) here, we have & love that too. You have a lot of combinations, with bacon, Tomatoe, chicken + cheese like mozarella or goat... Lol why I'm saying that. By the way,

The Toilet Question = Was a random question i was asking the French if they use toilet paper in France, but what ive been told they use the fountain thing instead.

I would like to invalidate Kigo's assertion. Thank god we have toilet paper, & even more, we can buy recycled toilet paper to respect nature. Fountain is used more in Japan, afaik, which is of course a great alternative. We should ask to our friends Hisho or Reach-big or hn9354 if they are powered by a fountain.

alterego
6th April 2009, 12:51 PM
hi all.

i'm ready to do a lot of 'panini' to my mates/friends when they'll come in Italy......lol!!!

read you soon!
cdrom

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 03:13 PM
???What are we not meant to be talking about???

thread title ;)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm panini...tasty:D

my japanese friend has one of those funky toilets that washes your arse for you. must be lush :P. then again he also has a 40" plasma in his bathroom so it might not be normal...

Lance
6th April 2009, 04:24 PM
hmm.. toilet paper..... wiping..... ...Wipeout? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D

YouAreFubar
6th April 2009, 04:34 PM
^ lol!

Id love a Panini right now, mmmmm. On the other hand a deep fried Mars Bar just doesnt sound appealing to me, but I would have to try one if I could find somewhere that sold them here just to see. On the subject of weird and wonderful snacks though, has anyone seen this website:
http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/

Darkdrium777
6th April 2009, 04:48 PM
On the same subject, but a different point of view:
http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

stinkleroy
6th April 2009, 04:55 PM
Eww that breakfast cake thing looks lovely :blarg

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 05:16 PM
please tell me people don't actually eat that ****

worst thing i've ever seen FOR SALE was in my local chippy they were doing a special which they nicknamed "CHD": Deep-fried battered sausage wrapped in kebab meat then deep fried again (served with chips but they were sort of irrelevant)
needless to say i didn't have one, i don't want to die just yet...:lol

KIGO1987
6th April 2009, 05:25 PM
Here you can get Kangaroo burger meat and pet meat. Not that expensive though, since roos are a pest in many parts of Australia, so the get culled, then the hippies have a bitcch and cry, then winge to the government. Havent tried on though.:blarg

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 05:28 PM
how could you eat a kangaroo?? they're so cute and bouncy :P
you'd have to be :cold blooded :banzai to do that.
................cold= ^ .............^ =mother****er=greenix
:lol

Hellfire_WZ
6th April 2009, 05:48 PM
Actually I saw kangaroo, ostrich and crocodile on sale over here briefly a number of years back. Never had it, but a sight nonetheless.

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 05:50 PM
crocodile is dead tasty :D mmmmmm

stinkleroy
6th April 2009, 06:24 PM
Ive had kangaroo steak before, was nice :p

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 06:37 PM
sorry lance but this has to be said: stinkleroy i just bought a new set of rockets and i'm currently engraving your name into them ('a la' private baldrick) ;)
watch yourself :evil

edit: i just remembered that i need my PS3 for this :(

stinkleroy
6th April 2009, 06:41 PM
Hehe I'll watch out for them there rockets Yeldar, if and when you get your PS3 returned...:lol

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 06:47 PM
i just found another flaw in my devious plan: if we're not doing anulpha then i'm going to have to rely on lapping you or spinning 180 to shoot you :g

edit: that was meant seriously (as i'm sure you know).

anyone eaten horse?

Lance
6th April 2009, 07:09 PM
crocodile is dead tasty :D mmmmmm

So is alligator. And shark is even better. I used to sell both of them. And naturally I sampled them.

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 07:26 PM
there's a cultured man in the room that's for sure...

poor little sharky warks

mdhay
6th April 2009, 07:46 PM
Always wanted to know what a Chav was, really.

As for deep fried mars bar - show me a place that sells 'em and I'll go there!

You can make them yourself.

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 08:03 PM
chav - Council House And Violent

mdhay
6th April 2009, 08:13 PM
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Chav

:D

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 08:36 PM
hahahaha! i almost can't make out the screen i'm crying so much!
hahahha :lol

Lance
6th April 2009, 10:35 PM
"Philfy Phat Chavses!"

lol. I didn't know that Gollum was a Cockney.

KGB
6th April 2009, 10:44 PM
I own a pair of burberry socks but I'm not a chav, I'm a Prole. You will all swing from a lamp post soon enough. ;)

blackwiggle
6th April 2009, 11:04 PM
In a recent anthropological paper in NATURE it was reported that a sub species of CHAV's have been found here in Australia.

Remarkably,it is only a slight change of plumage[this has been attributed to weather conditions] and a minor bastardization of the mating call that differs with the sub species.

Diet,skin condition,stench,living conditions and aversion to work are identical.

DNA testing and forensic linguistics were to be carried out,but were wound down when researchers realized that nobody gave a toss

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 11:24 PM
NB: it is impossible to blend in with chavs, no matter how how braindead you act, nor how 'safe' your shellsuit is - DO NOT attempt it.

KGB
7th April 2009, 12:03 AM
My cousins wife and father have just been on newsnight. Very weird seeing them on TV. :o

yeldar2097
7th April 2009, 01:30 AM
random-ass ;)
my father was in the last sunday times. that was pretty freaky/highly embarrassing.

Harvai
7th April 2009, 02:15 AM
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Chav

Cheers, I'm now up to speed on philfy phat chavses. innit, bruv

Lion
7th April 2009, 03:04 AM
I dunno why they have such a foothold here, but I know 4 takeaway shops in Auckland, and 2 in Wellington NZ that sell deep fried mars bars :) YUM
I haven't had one in ages.

Harvai
7th April 2009, 05:36 AM
Well, NZ's a bit closer to go than Scotland, thats for sure. Might have to hunt around here for a store that sells 'em, I'm hungry.

On the subject of roo meat, my dog gets roo meat for diner every day. To quote a VB advert "We're the only country to eat our coat of arms!"

mdhay
7th April 2009, 07:28 AM
Cheers, I'm now up to speed on philfy phat chavses. innit, bruv

If you want to see Chavs getting the piss taken really badly:

http://www.youtube.co.uk/watch?v=7RBelz8BgX0

Cerbis
7th April 2009, 07:46 AM
Due to living in Sweden I've had the great fortune to never meet a chav in person. Go me!

I just wanted to say that I've had horse, as asked a bitty further up the thread, and it was astoundingly delicious. It came in thin smoked slices, dubbed "Hamburger" meat here.
It's not like the beefy hamburger patties at all, it's just called that! It's got a distinct flavor to it. Slight bit of gameyness, with a fantastic smoke flavor and a texture just a bit tougher than ham.
The meat felt denser too, if that makes any sense. If you can find any of it, it's highly recommended!

I want to say I'M BACK too! Some 'a you might've noticed my severe and lengthy absence in March now. Hi again, guys! :D

chaos80
7th April 2009, 08:55 AM
On the food-topic, beeing from Faroe Islands, I've had whale-steak... yummy :)

stinkleroy
7th April 2009, 12:13 PM
Whale steak and horse.....gotta be better than a deep fried mars bar anyday (can't believe they sell them in NZ haha) :blarg ;)

I've had Wild Boar but didn't like it very much, tasted like mouth wash.

silverfoxy
7th April 2009, 02:43 PM
I can't believe they sell deep fried Mars bars in NZ.

Thought it was purely for Scottish people along with haggis and tennants super !!

rdmx
7th April 2009, 02:49 PM
If you're looking for more things to kill yourself with, look here:
http://docwalk.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/lutherburger.jpg
A bacon cheeseburger but the buns are replaced with glazed donuts.

They just don't sell stuff like that here >_>

Zoth-Ommog
7th April 2009, 03:12 PM
OMG! if that doesn't cause you high cholesterol and heart problems, i don't really know what does anymore.. i think people don't eat that kind of stuff in daily basis, but still.. whoa.

yeldar2097
7th April 2009, 03:12 PM
oh dear lord!!

Darkdrium777
7th April 2009, 03:32 PM
http://16.media.tumblr.com/i2dw5nf19jory733NMiBJI3zo1_500.jpg

Turbaconucken

A chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, all wrapped in bacon.

We'll get this thread locked :lol

silverfoxy
7th April 2009, 03:33 PM
Have to say that looks good !!!

mdhay
7th April 2009, 03:55 PM
Turbaconucken

You cooked a headcrab!!?!?

SaturnReturn
7th April 2009, 04:03 PM
OMG! mdhay's right. Blatant headcrabbage. And it most definitely does NOT look good. Death on a plate!

Hellfire_WZ
7th April 2009, 04:12 PM
Not a patch on this though:

"The largest recorded nested bird roast is 17 birds, attributed to a royal feast in France in the early 19th century (originally called a Rôti Sans Pareil, or "Roast without equal") - a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an Ortolan Bunting and a Garden Warbler. The final bird is small enough that it can be stuffed with a single olive; it also suggests that, unlike modern multi-bird roasts, there was no stuffing or other packing placed in between the birds. This dish probably could not be legally recreated in the modern era as many of the listed birds are now protected species."

And here's today's closest example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-502605/It-serves-125-takes-hours-cook-stuffed-12-different-birds---really-IS-Christmas-dinner.html

Velocitar64
7th April 2009, 04:12 PM
Thats a LOT of bacon.

chaos80
7th April 2009, 04:37 PM
Wtf, is it alive??

KIGO1987
7th April 2009, 06:24 PM
http://16.media.tumblr.com/i2dw5nf19jory733NMiBJI3zo1_500.jpg

Turbaconucken

looks quite tasty actually. Unfortunately you cannot get food like that over here, all the snobs and ponsy people like that green **** and organic crap along with saving the planet and being a hero ****.

I feel like a double quater pounder meal now at maccas :P

kanar
7th April 2009, 07:21 PM
Changing topic. Lol sorry. But my sister just sent me a link to the new em' videoclip. He's my idol Forever lol. He's f*****g crazy. I like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7rCRE4wZG0

Lion
7th April 2009, 09:40 PM
the only non-standard types of meat I've eaten are:
ostrich - wasn't impressed. supposed to be quite lean, but tasted fatty to me?
emu - I don't remember what this tasted like, I was pretty young
kangaroo - was much like lamb when I tried it. but the meat's a bit denser and less stringy in texture
crocodile - the texture of the white of a scallop, but the flavour of duck. was interesting :)
minke whale - I got sent a can by a friend in japan. the canned product had the texture of tuna and the flavour of duck. was a strange experience

I am yet to try goat that has been any good

Harvai
9th April 2009, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately you cannot get food like that over here, all the snobs and ponsy people like that green **** and organic crap along with saving the planet and being a hero ****.

I feel like a double quater pounder meal now at maccas :P

Did you ever try the 'quad stacka' they had at Chicken Treat a few months ago? Four, FOUR chicken patties towered high on top of a bun. With cheese inbetween each pattie, if I remember correctly.

I didn't try it myself, for fear I'd keel over and die... (Yet I work at KFC, where do I pull that reasoning from?)

Cerbis
9th April 2009, 02:40 PM
After plenty of experience with the lovely home-cooked-burger grill where I live, I have to wonder... four patties. How on earth are you supposed to eat that? Fork and knife? Unhinge your jaw? Just one good-sized patty is enough to throw me off. Sounds awesome though, in that decadent Roman way.
Mmm. Meat.

mdhay
9th April 2009, 03:03 PM
Just ask Shaggy and Scooby.:D:lol

KIGO1987
9th April 2009, 11:14 PM
@ Harvai

I never had that at burger at Chicken Treat, must of been a nasty burger the day after. But what i did have was that Quad Stacker at Hunger Jacks, now that was some good sh it, shame it was only a promotional thing.

Cerbis
10th April 2009, 02:27 AM
But, KIGO, how did you EAT it?! Tell me your secret!

mdhay
10th April 2009, 10:54 PM
Look up how snakes eat, Cerbis.:D

blackwiggle
11th April 2009, 12:14 AM
Having travelled the world and working in the restaurant/hotel industry for more years than I care to remember,I have eaten some things,that retrospectively now disgust me.

1]What they call "100 year eggs" -hard boiled eggs that are pickled in horse urine for 4 months and then buried for a year,they come out a translucent brown,almost rainbow like,mixed with Congie [spelling?] an over boiled rice porridge.

2] Sea Cucumber -Tastes very much like Palmolive soap if you have ever manged to taste that.revolting

3]Have tried the following meats,Crocodile,snake,frog,grasshopper,emu,ostrich ,kangaroo,zebra,horse,whale,shark,elephant,buffalo ,venision [deer],duck,goose,pheasant,quail,sea urchin,turban shell meat [quite nice],abalone,crab,lobster,mussels,clams,razor clams [beautiful just raw,oysters [don't like them unless cooked]..and probably at least 50 others

stinkleroy
11th April 2009, 02:15 AM
Grasshopper? ;)

Cerbis
11th April 2009, 03:36 AM
Look up how snakes eat, Cerbis.:D

Are you suggesting that KIGO doesn't chew his food, my good sir?

blackwiggle
11th April 2009, 03:59 AM
Grasshopper? ;)

Well it was moving before it got chucked in a WOK ;)

mdhay
11th April 2009, 06:52 AM
Are you suggesting that KIGO doesn't chew his food, my good sir?

I'm suggesting that he can unhinge his mouth.

Darkdrium777
11th April 2009, 08:22 AM
That or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EvH5LQAYl0).

Cerbis
12th April 2009, 09:50 PM
It's... I CAN SEE FOREVER! :blarg

KIGO1987
13th April 2009, 04:22 AM
But, KIGO, how did you EAT it?! Tell me your secret!

You have to squash it down, try to make the burger a bit more flatter, but the problem with that way is the buns are like sponges an sokes up all the oil and fat, quite messy to eat, alse it becomes a problem to when i comes out the other end the day after too.

Harvai
13th April 2009, 04:40 AM
I...What the hell did I just watch?

Darkdrium777
13th April 2009, 04:43 AM
Something on topic, ergo something not about WipEout :D

KIGO1987
13th April 2009, 04:47 AM
That video is kinda fuked.

blackwiggle
13th April 2009, 04:56 AM
You should see that guys sister and what she can fit in her mouth

guillaume
13th April 2009, 12:35 PM
Oxford is a beautiful city. I love holidays. :beer

This post was written from Kentish Town, London UK. :g

omega329
13th April 2009, 01:11 PM
oh SNAP!

mdhay
13th April 2009, 01:36 PM
Well done, Adam.:D

omega329
14th April 2009, 11:25 AM
anyway, been working on a car, take a look
http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=45467

mdhay
14th April 2009, 12:21 PM
Nice wheels.

rdmx
14th April 2009, 02:39 PM
Shameless plug for my gta4 video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCqiLX6GUE&fmt=18

Harvai
15th April 2009, 09:08 AM

I see what you did there blackwiggle!

Omega, that car's looking quite good. 3 series by any chance?

mdhay
15th April 2009, 09:29 AM
That car shows off what Blender is capable of, doesn't it?

omega329
15th April 2009, 02:32 PM
Harvai: one series actually, with a bit of creative licence :P

mdhay: not really, blender's capable of MUCH more, I haven't even scratched the surface in terms of potential
Big Buck Bunny (http://vimeo.com/1084537)
Elephants Dream (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p27cLysfqYc&fmt=22)

mdhay
15th April 2009, 02:49 PM
I meant that your car shows which directions CAD can be taken in, and how detailed models can get.

omega329
15th April 2009, 03:26 PM
It's not that detailed, (well I don't think it is, apart from the grill, which took a long time to do)
The front's the only decent part XD

mdhay
15th April 2009, 03:42 PM
Why? is it just a shell that ends halfway?:lol

omega329
15th April 2009, 05:41 PM
umm, yeah ;)
http://imagebin.org/45345
that pics a little old, new ones will be a while

mdhay
15th April 2009, 05:49 PM
You just know that car company has been affected by the recession.;)

OBH
15th April 2009, 06:21 PM
Man, my free half hour slots here and there are nowhere near as interesting with no wipeoutHD. Cant get myself really playing pure / pulse when i know whats going on at wipeoutHD without me!! :blarg

oh well, back to hunting monsters.

edit:
crap, i thought yeah ill rant about no ps3 in the "anything other than wipeout" thread!!.... turned into a bit of a rant about wipeout instead, sorry :banzai

mdhay
15th April 2009, 06:50 PM
Rant about not being able to play Killzone 2, then.:D

G'Kyl
17th April 2009, 05:03 AM
Guillaume, are you in London right now? Cause I'll be there from Sunday to Tuesday... :)

Oh, and Star Trek's still the same nice kind of childish BS it's been 40 years ago. ;) Great action/actors, stupid dialogs/logic - alright, I guess.

Ben

guillaume
17th April 2009, 04:02 PM
Already back to France I'm afraid :(
But the convention is just two weeks from now, can't wait for these lil' holidays! :g

Does anyone know if a PSP-1000 imported from Japan (bought a few months after the PSP launch) is worth anything now? I'd like to have a slim one instead, but for the use I'd make of it, I'm not willing to spend many bucks...

Darkdrium777
17th April 2009, 10:20 PM
If it's in good working conditions, it will interest loads of people (homebrew programs, mods, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if you got more than 100$ for it. Myself I would recommend you keep it, it's very precious for reasons you probably don't know/don't care about, but it is very precious.

blackwiggle
18th April 2009, 09:44 AM
Pandora's battery perhaps ?;)

mdhay
18th April 2009, 02:11 PM
Already back to France I'm afraid :(
But the convention is just two weeks from now, can't wait for these lil' holidays! :g

Does anyone know if a PSP-1000 imported from Japan (bought a few months after the PSP launch) is worth anything now? I'd like to have a slim one instead, but for the use I'd make of it, I'm not willing to spend many bucks...

I'll give you a picture of a seven - legged spider for it.:D

guillaume
19th April 2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Darkdrium for the answer, and blackwiggle, I had forgotten about this "thing". :)
mdhay, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to decline your kind offer. ;)
Not enough time to deal with this before the convention, so I'll give it more thought afterwards. Anyone from the zone interested, feel free to send a PM.

guillaume
21st April 2009, 04:03 PM
Man, there's too much activity on these boards lately... I'm starting to browse more than I read stuff, it's hard to keep up! :)

mdhay
21st April 2009, 04:26 PM
Seizure Time!!

(it's supposed to be animated, but vBulletin doesn't like it).

designer_79
21st April 2009, 05:07 PM
Having travelled the world and working in the restaurant/hotel industry for more years than I care to remember,I have eaten some things,that retrospectively now disgust me.

1]What they call "100 year eggs" -hard boiled eggs that are pickled in horse urine for 4 months and then buried for a year,they come out a translucent brown,almost rainbow like,mixed with Congie [spelling?] an over boiled rice porridge.

2] Sea Cucumber -Tastes very much like Palmolive soap if you have ever manged to taste that.revolting

This is food especially popular in the Asian world ... the 100 year egg is a almost daily ingredient in the nutrition of an average Shanghai person. Cause porridge (yeah overcooked rice) has no real taste itself different ingredients are mixed into it, 100 year egg is one of the most popular one, but seeing a translucent egg the first time is a fascinating experience :) Btw, this stuff is supposed to be eaten for breakfast.

As for the Sea Cucumber, every foreigner coming to this country should be warned!! It's really revolting , you can actually feel contractions of your digestive apparatus following the pieces you just eat through your body. Well it's kinda the 'near death experience' of cuisine. *running to toilet* ...

So totally random topic: What is that f"*çing Island in 'Lost' all about?? Theories please!

mdhay
21st April 2009, 05:18 PM
So totally random topic: What is that f"*çing Island in 'Lost' all about?? Theories please!

Avert thine eyes:

Lost (it leads to Uncyclopedia). (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_(TV_series))

Lance
22nd April 2009, 05:05 PM
I don't avert my eyes when 'Lost' shows up as I scan through the channels, but I click the scan button really damned fast! :D

yeldar2097
22nd April 2009, 11:49 PM
am i going insane if to me the :D smiley looks like he has a moustache??

Harvai
23rd April 2009, 09:11 AM
^ oh god, cannot unsee!

omega329
23rd April 2009, 04:50 PM
*omega329 waits for mdhay to discover Encyclopedia Dramatica*
Say goodbye to whatever innocence you have mate ;)

mdhay
23rd April 2009, 05:00 PM
There's too many adverts there; I'll stick to my Uncyclopedia (Name sounds funnier:D).

omega329
23rd April 2009, 05:10 PM
Hmm, I was expecting a reaction more along the lines of "OH GOOD GOD! IT'S A DISTILLED /B/!"

To be honest, on the rare occasions I have been on /b/ it hasn't been as bad as it's cracked up to be, once you get past the fact that the jokes are usually racist in some way, the people on there are actually quite sharp and quick witted... (once you take the standpoint that it's all a big joke, and no harm is meant... allthough that may not be the case...)

mdhay
23rd April 2009, 05:13 PM
But you wouldn't get that, since I don't know the meaning of /b/.

But, to humour you:

OH GOOD GOD! IT'S A DISTILLED /B/!

Velocitar64
23rd April 2009, 05:34 PM
/b/ = Bad.

I've been there a few times, it's basically a spam hole.

Darkdrium777
23rd April 2009, 08:15 PM
But some articles on ED are awesome (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Awesome)

(And I recommend you don't click on Awesome.jpg at the top. Don't say I didn't warn you. This is serious, as you cannot unsee after. :nod)

Meme collection, troll collection, idiots collection, everything is on ED. ;)

Harvai
25th April 2009, 07:56 AM
To be honest, on the rare occasions I have been on /b/ it hasn't been as bad as it's cracked up to be, once you get past the fact that the jokes are usually racist in some way, the people on there are actually quite sharp and quick witted... (once you take the standpoint that it's all a big joke, and no harm is meant... allthough that may not be the case...)

Contrary to popular belief, /b/ was actually pretty good once upon a time. Full of lulz and random ****. Now it's just a hole full of spam and camwhores.

omega329
25th April 2009, 03:18 PM
where did the awesome go then? 7chan? 420chan?

RJ O'Connell
26th April 2009, 11:45 PM
There's too many adverts there; I'll stick to my Uncyclopedia (Name sounds funnier:D).
We should totally make a Wipeout Uncyclopedia article.

Darkdrium777
27th April 2009, 12:55 AM
Harvai: /b/ was never good (http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/36/Proofbwasnevergood.jpg)

Harvai
27th April 2009, 11:28 AM
You're right. /b/ was never good. And it seems the awesome just left. They tried to get it back with /r9k/ but failed pretty damn hard. And I think 7chan's dead, too

I'd like to see a wipeout article as well, Shoudn't be too hard, should it?

omega329
3rd May 2009, 10:30 PM
Forums and games are better in obscurity. In a small community, the opinion of other members is valued, in a larger one, this doesn't happen as much. This in combination with a "drop in the ocean" attitude has led to the loss of many online communitys.

SaturnReturn
4th May 2009, 02:25 AM
More a random comment than general discussion, but:

For a second on these forums I became slightly paranoid as I saw a warning at the bottom of the page. It said, "Look Out SaturnReturn". As it turns out, the internets aren't trying to get me, but this might be a sign that I should spend less time on them :blarg

stinkleroy
4th May 2009, 12:03 PM
I think that's definately a sign Sat, your'e usually here late like me.....but if you think the forum is trying to warn you of your ultimate demise, then you should probably get some sleep :lol

mdhay
4th May 2009, 06:38 PM
Or this will happen to you:
Scary maze prank done on a child (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFN-liGURPI)

Or this:

DOn't watch if you don't like scary stuff. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thbdsi-5tsE)

One more thing:
Does any body know of a 100% complete save for the European version of Coded Arms? I can't get past Infinity Level 30.:rolleyes: :redface:

omega329
5th May 2009, 07:20 PM
I have one, I left infinity mode level 61, after getting the MUDDERFRAKKING TRIDENT :D
It's got all weapons fully upgraded to level 6 as well.
Yes, I am that sad, but it's still awesome.

For example, the vulcan (y'know, that awesome chaingun?) now does 130 damage PER SHOT O_O

mdhay
5th May 2009, 08:33 PM
You are Jesus!

Cheers!

omega329
7th May 2009, 03:14 PM
No problem, thanks for the +rep :)

yeldar2097
18th May 2009, 10:36 AM
question: is there a way to view albums that aren't the 'recently updated' onces without having to trawl through people's profiles?
couldn't think of where else to put it so...

on a different note: does anybody else think it ridiculous that my school has blocked all forums, rapidshare, youtube, hotmail and various other sites?

mdhay
18th May 2009, 04:34 PM
on a different note: does anybody else think it ridiculous that my school has blocked all forums, rapidshare, youtube, hotmail and various other sites?

Yeah, is your school using Websense? It's the epitome of internet fascism, so I want to block it.:D

Hell, my school has disabled the right click!

yeldar2097
18th May 2009, 06:32 PM
yeah they've done that on the school computers but on (most people's) laptops pretty much everything is blocked. i say most people because if you have a Sony Vaio and Mozilla Firefox nothing is blocked (no idea why).
guess who has a vaio with firefox :D yay :dizzy

SaturnReturn
18th May 2009, 08:00 PM
They use websense where I work. OMG it sucks so bad! I was blocked from this forum. I managed to get around it using Google's cache. Then gradually after I came here day after day at lunch time, more and more pages became blocked and now I can't get on at all. So I barely bother with a lunch break any more. There's nothing new in the news, and certainly nothing that will have any effect other than depressing me at lunch time. Stupid websense.

KIGO1987
18th May 2009, 08:00 PM
I cant seem to find the msn thread, getting no luck with the ****ing search feature here.

Just wanted to find it, msn messenger is the best way to organize Wipeout races thats all. We should all exchange out messenger account details

Good idea yes??

Someone please reply to this post.

SaturnReturn
18th May 2009, 08:04 PM
Was it deleted to prevent spamming? I thought there was some thread along those lines that was at least blocked because people were getting spammed. But it was before my time so I'm not sure. Anyone can have my MSN address if they want it - just PM me. Although I'm warning you all, I'm not playing HD for a bit and I'm getting mighty antsy, so it might not be the best time.

KIGO1987
18th May 2009, 08:38 PM
Ah that explans it. PM is the best way to go i guess. Last thing is i want some random cunty person spamming me too. Getting nasty? Get beyond that point and you become a continually shitty mood person like me most of the time.

Anyhow ill PM Saturn, ill give you my msn too:)

I suggest other people do this if they wish before the Avalon weekend, things can work so much more effieciently with messenger (i think its the only good thing those bastards at Microsoft have released).

mdhay
18th May 2009, 08:55 PM
No asterisks in sight...

Wat Da Fock!!?!!

yeldar2097
19th May 2009, 04:31 PM
my msn is on my profile (as far as i know)...
some guy at my school made a proxy sever site thingy that could get around anything the school threw at it, then he got contacted by the UAE government or something because it posed a security threat.
brilliant :D

KIGO1987
19th May 2009, 06:15 PM
haha, lol. Classic.

mdhay
19th May 2009, 06:24 PM
@KIGO:

Microsoft < Sony

Please laugh. :lol

KIGO1987
19th May 2009, 06:51 PM
[Die Microsoft Die:pc]

Going to laugh some more now :g:g

yeldar2097
19th May 2009, 07:40 PM
am i the only person that likes windows (vista)?

mdhay
19th May 2009, 07:46 PM
Only you and Bill Gates like it.:lol

SaturnReturn
19th May 2009, 08:31 PM
I've turned off most of the "features" included in vista. It has always run much faster since. I've had XP installed on my laptop and it runs so much better, especially games. I like the search function vista has for the start menu and the way file renaming automatically excludes the extension. It's prettier too, but there's not much else I like about it.

This is actually making me want to go back to XP, now that I don't have a need for the HD-DVD drive in this thing. Oh what a waste of cash that was. Although it did allow me and my Dad to watch the HD-DVD of Shrek that he bought, thinking it would play in his DVD/Hard Disk Drive recorder, just because it says HDD on the front.:brickwall

KIGO1987
19th May 2009, 09:00 PM
Seeing HD-DVD format fail was quit nice, all those people who bought that HD-DVD attachment for their Cuntbox's, lol. Blu-Ray was the better format anyway, it always offered more data size per space at price. I honestly thought at a point that Blu-ray format would fail over HD-DVD, like every other format Sony attempted to release (Beta tape, Mini Disc, etc)

am i the only person that likes windows (vista)?

Shame your too young to remember the days Windows XP yeldar, programs that worked, happy days....

Also to all other people here, im very very very very interested in buying a legit copy of Windows XP Pro, im going to die before Win7 gets released at this pace,

Harvai
20th May 2009, 11:03 AM
I remember the HD-DVD drives for the 360. A 'blink-and-you'll-miss-it' deal that was...

About Vista, my dad had Vista for a week and wanted to get rid of it! If ever I get a laptop, you know that's gonna have XP on it, legit or no.

SaturnReturn
20th May 2009, 05:43 PM
Luckily I only bought a laptop with an HD-DVD drive. It only cost a little more cash so wasn't a big deal. The more annoying thing was that the HD-DVD version has a lower spec graphics card. So now I have the worst of both worlds and play neither HD-DVDs nor games on my laptop. But at least I've seen Shrek 3, I guess.

KIGO1987
20th May 2009, 06:13 PM
You have a 1 and a half year old Toshiba dont you Saturn?

SaturnReturn
20th May 2009, 09:24 PM
Nope. It's an Acer Aspire 5920. It's worked fairly well ever since I accidentally deleted the recovery partition :rolleyes:

Darkdrium777
21st May 2009, 09:55 AM
HP dv5-1034ca here (with blu-Ray mmm :D)
I'm sure it would work fairly well as a computer if it didn't have Vista and 64 bits... :s Decent gaming as well (No next gen stuff, runs UT04 and WH40k Soulstorm nicely though)
At least when 7 releases it will remove one of these two problems. The other I guess I'll have to deal with it, it's not as huge as Vista but stilll gotta find those 64b applications, and the old ones (like WipEout PC) don't work. Booo.

KIGO1987
21st May 2009, 10:26 AM
**** you laptop is nearly the same as mine, ive got a dv5 1007tx here, barely used it since Vista keeps on killing the HDD all the time. Its pretty good spec wise, just has a really really shitty run with Windows Vista.

yeldar2097
21st May 2009, 11:31 AM
yay we're talking about laptops :D
i have a vaio vgn-ar71s running lovely windows vista :g
doesn't really do gaming sadly...even though i can't find anything that i'd want to play on anyway...

mmmmmmm vistaaaaaa

mdhay
21st May 2009, 03:47 PM
**** you laptop is nearly the same as mine, ive got a dv5 1007tx here, barely used it since Vista keeps on killing the HDD all the time. Its pretty good spec wise, just has a really really shitty run with Windows Vista.

Luckily, I'm not using Windblows Pissta, but I don't have a laptop.:(

omega329
21st May 2009, 04:48 PM
here:
XP SP2, 2.2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB, C: 160GB, E: 250GB, DVD rewritable 22x drive, Intel G31/33 Intergrated Graphics Solution.

I knew that off the top of my head... :redface::pc

Darkdrium777
22nd May 2009, 02:23 AM
For the desktop I do have better though it's starting to show it's age in a few heavy games (Mass Effect, Audiosurf, Oblivion which don't always run over 40FPS):

Q6600
2GB OCZ Reaper
Asus P5K-SE
8800 GTS 640MB OC1 (by BFG)
160GB Seagate (C:\ 60GB - D:\ 100GB)
500GB Seagate (E:\ 500GB)
Standard floppy (It was free...) and DVD burner
Windows XP
Thermaltake 650W Toughpower
Antec Nine Hundred

KIGO1987
22nd May 2009, 05:40 PM
The desktop i have is a piece of **** from my high school era days. But it seems to keep going since windows XP is its OS, there for it isnt ****ing up all the time like my notebook with bastard Windows Vista.

This is the specs on my HP dv5 1007tx.

Intel Centrino 2, Dual Core Processor @ 2.53GHz
4GB of RAM (Only uses 3 of that on bastard Vista)
320GB HDD
512MB nvidia 9600GT graphics card
DVD MultiRecorded driver with Lightscribe (whats the point of having this featuring when they dont sell **** Lightscribe CD-Rs at the shop...)
3 USB ports, 1eSATA port, 1 HDMI port, SD-MS-MMC-XD card, Multimedia Card.
Also a stupid fingerprint scanner that always seems to turn itself on all the time
Also Vista home premium (god give me strength over this ****ing operating system that i am about to receive, though i will most likely loose my patients)

omega329
28th May 2009, 12:09 AM
http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=50603
I made this, still a WIP, what do people think?

ACE-FLO
28th May 2009, 03:55 AM
not bad, not bad at all...I actually quite like it. I have to admit, it looks like a Conceptual Zone Ship. When will it be finished?

KIGO1987
28th May 2009, 10:17 AM
Is that a stabbing tool?

omega329
28th May 2009, 11:16 AM
When will it be finished?

hopefully, before 20th June 2009, that's the closing date for The 2009 Blender F1 Challenge (http://www.blenderf1.com/)

http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=50735
new render, done this work today

omega329
28th May 2009, 09:32 PM
double post, sorry

Mu5
29th May 2009, 02:03 AM
That looks cool I like it :D

Good luck with the competition :D

omega329
29th May 2009, 05:48 PM
More work
http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=50842
still need more black bits, especially on the inside

yeldar2097
29th May 2009, 08:29 PM
super tasty! how does it work/what is it?
(sorry i'm not very perceptive)
:+

eLhabib
29th May 2009, 11:22 PM
Haha that was my first thought as well: 'Looks nice, but... what is it?!'

SaturnReturn
29th May 2009, 11:43 PM
I kinda thought it looked like an anti-grav ship based on an animal skull shape. It's clearly a speed-machine of some variety, based on the competition link. I think it's missing an interior at the mo though.

blackwiggle
30th May 2009, 02:12 AM
I understand it's work in progress but ATM it looks like a very thick pantie liner.

Or something out of Yelder's extensive shoe collection.

mdhay
30th May 2009, 08:57 AM
Well, that's more insight into the world of Blackwiggle.:lol

yeldar2097
30th May 2009, 10:54 AM
if i had shoes like that i think i'd pass out with excitement :hyper

omega329
30th May 2009, 08:31 PM
Rapid fire link spam:
http://imagebin.org/50950
http://imagebin.org/50949
http://imagebin.org/50948
http://imagebin.org/50947
(all link to imagebin pages, 1440x900, .jpg)
These are different views of it, I've messed about with the composite nodes in blender (post-pro awesome stuff, allows things that you couldn't do to an exported render without a lot of work by hand, e.g. DOF, blurring only set objects in the scene, motion blur, seperating passes, ect.)

The rules for the Blender F1 Challenge state that it has to be a open cockpit (this is the only design criteria), but I have pretty much no idea for the drivers seat of this thing. However, it'll probably be black with blue glowy bits again :P

yeldar2097
30th May 2009, 08:58 PM
once again, looks ace :+
you reckon you're in with a shot at winning? maybe you'll be famous!
:P

blackwiggle
31st May 2009, 05:02 AM
It looks great,especially the front on view in the third image.
But it looks just a little too pristine atm IMHO.

Maybe some sort of graduating scales,like a lizards,from say,only partially,from the the 2nd [upper part of the front],tapering off to two large ones that could work as steering/braking devices,similar too some of the HD craft.
Controllable aerodynamics so to speak.

Just throwing ideas at you.

RESPECT great craft as is.:+

PS:mdHay if you new the amount of those bastard pantliners ,or parts of them have clogged up the bog[mugging has to unclog from the system] then you would be very familiar with them as well,all but one female in the house knows NOT to try and flush them:frown:

mdhay
31st May 2009, 07:11 AM
Well it's a good thing I don't.;):D

omega329
31st May 2009, 05:44 PM
I don't know if I'll win it, I'm not expecting to, since looking at some of the WIP threads on BlenderArtists

Maybe some sort of graduating scales,like a lizards,from say,only partially,from the the 2nd [upper part of the front],tapering off to two large ones that could work as steering/braking devices,similar too some of the HD craft.
Controllable aerodynamics so to speak.

could you draw this? I'm afraid I can't tell what you mean...

http://imagebin.org/50960 (just in case anyone is wondering what sort of post-pro is going on)

DawnFireDragoon
3rd June 2009, 01:00 PM
bored?

check this out. A nice read, wether you agree with the positioning or not.

http://www.empireonline.com/100greatestgames/default.asp?p=100

imo 2097 should have been a little higher...and had the correct picture!!!!

yeldar2097
3rd June 2009, 02:18 PM
where the bloody hell is timesplitters?

omega329
7th June 2009, 11:38 AM
Imagebin links are dead, I've been detailing the front recently
http://imagebin.org/51713
(this is a render of only the shell, it's faster to render and easier to edit this way)

Lance
10th July 2009, 02:18 PM
bump..

mdhay
10th July 2009, 03:02 PM
I think Blackburn now has swine flu.:o:(

yeldar2097
10th July 2009, 05:24 PM
yeah about 25 people i know have it. they all got it at the same party (except for me because i'm really cool)

if anybody wants to know (i'm telling you anyway), i now have 50 pairs of shoes :D

shops ftw

LOUDandPROUD
10th July 2009, 05:53 PM
I think you need to modify a pair of your shoes to be WO-themed. It must be done! :P

yeldar2097
10th July 2009, 06:16 PM
i might actually do that. i'll get some plain shoes and airbrush some stuff on.

i could either use white shoes and do actual images or i could do silhouettes with any colour..... tasty :g

ACE-FLO
10th July 2009, 06:30 PM

oooh is it halal? Those Asian kids won't like that one bit, they can only deal with Aubergine flu... ahem... anyway, ;)

(except for me because i'm really cool)

if anybody wants to know (i'm telling you anyway), i now have 50 pairs of shoes :D

shops ftw

Shops indeed, FTW!!! 50 pairs of shoes? I don't even have 50 pairs of socks... But having 50 pairs of shoes, for a guy, is COOOOOOLL... I seen your shoes once, and they were kinda snazzy, real lady killers!!!! You rule Yeld!

omega329
10th July 2009, 10:55 PM
I live in Redditch, we had one of the first five cases in Britain. :P

Lance
10th July 2009, 11:03 PM
I think there have been 35 cases in my county. The one that died yesterday was a visitor from out of state. That seems to be true of pretty much all of the cases, but eventually there will be locals infected. I've not been worried so far. I probably would refuse to get vaccinated because the only two times I did for earlier flu versions, I actually got the flu on the second day after each vaccination and was sick for two weeks on both occasions. I do not believe this was accidental coincidence.

SaturnReturn
10th July 2009, 11:28 PM
i could either use white shoes and do actual images or i could do stilettos with any colour..... tasty :g

There you go girldar. I know you've been having trouble with the old typos recently, so I fixed it for you ;)

I don't know how anyone, male or female, could choose when they have that many shoes. I only have about 4 pairs of shoes, and I only really wear two of those pairs. I wouldn't even have the space in my house for that many shoes. Do you keep them in the place where your bed used to be and sleep on them or something?

yeldar2097
10th July 2009, 11:48 PM
oh god that would be lush! no i have a big 'in-wall' cupboard for my shoes :D

stilettos? god no. although i do have quite a few pais with pseudo-heels to boost me to 6'1, my favourite height :g

silverfoxy
11th July 2009, 10:51 AM
50 pairs of shoes !!

WTF

I own 3 and 2 of them are trainers.

Even my Mrs doesn't have that many and if she did I'd be having a word

Sort it out ....

stinkleroy
11th July 2009, 11:20 AM
lol...yeld and his shoes again...I don't understand the fascination :lol

OBH
12th July 2009, 04:50 PM
I injured my calf playing football, kicked square in the calf after a brilliant sliding tackle :)
One day later and my whole calf has come out bruised and green!! its rancid! :)

ACE-FLO
12th July 2009, 04:56 PM
oh god that would be lush! no i have a big 'in-wall' cupboard for my shoes :D

A closet?

OBH - OOOoohhh, nasty... Green bruising? Never seen that - any chance of a pic?

(my morbid fascination of wierd injuries gets the better of me once again)

yeldar2097
12th July 2009, 08:03 PM
yeah a closet, the work escaped me for a while there...

stinkleroy! how could you not understand? you girls are meant to be on my side ;)

mdhay
12th July 2009, 09:30 PM
There's no shoe fetish in her mind.:D

ACE-FLO
12th July 2009, 09:34 PM
lol at shoe fetish... its not an obsession then?

---

edit. It's after midnight, I went into my garden for a smoke. ****! this is freaking me out, but there's a dead cat on the lawn! wtf?

how do I deal with this?

mdhay
13th July 2009, 06:10 AM
Just get the LHC to blow it up* and explain the cat's true origin.:D

*Don't blame me for obliterating everything.;)

Lance
13th July 2009, 02:05 PM
Inflate a balloon, instead. Watch it rise into the sky, and ignore what's on the ground.

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 02:21 PM
Oh **** man, I forgot all about the dead cat, saw Lances' post and rushed off into the garden to see if the cat was still there???

Er, yeah, it's still there - kind of. Half eaten by a wolf by the looks of it!

What the **** do I do now? I don't wanna move it myself but I don'tr want it on the lawn either????

The balloon option, I might try that - if it's some kind of Jedi Mind Trick!!!

I cant even call the RSPCA - the bloody thing is dead... Cant call the police, they'll think I'm crazy, I can't call the vet - they'll think I'm crazy too... I might just pick it up (with gloves) and chuck it into the allotments behind the garden!!!!

But the bloody thing stinks of dead cat!

Aaarrgghhhhh!!!!

Suggestions are more than welcome! ( i took the wrong day off work, now I have to deal with this **** )

Lance
13th July 2009, 02:44 PM
Judging from your fast-rising postcount, I had begun to suspect that EVery day was your day off work. ;)

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 02:50 PM
I'm owed some time - which I'm taking now - and being an editor of a bi-yearly magazine, does leave me with more time on my hands than I first though possible...

Contracted hours per week? - 30

Actual worked hours? - more like 10 ( it is possible to make out you've worked more hours than usual, if you have access to internet at home, thanks to this site - I think I may have clocked up maybe over a 100 hours of time without working and got paid for... not how hard you work is it Lance, something about being smart and able!!!)

Paid for - All 30 hours (though payroll messed it all up previously, I now have it sorted)

Lance
13th July 2009, 03:12 PM
I've had several years not getting paid at all. Lots of wonderful freedom, though there are consequences to be 'paid'.

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 03:23 PM
hah! consequences to being paid? Like paying back your overdraft?

btw, I got rid of the cat - well supervised the removal of the carcass at any rate... thank the Lord for gullible neighbours!

Lance
13th July 2009, 03:42 PM
No. One pays a price for the freedom of not being paid regularly; that price is poverty. Lots of time, little cash. I made about 400 dollars U.S. in 2006 and 500 in 2007. It had severe economic consequences, but I enjoyed the free time anyway.

KIGO1987
13th July 2009, 03:45 PM
Wondering here,

Who works on there Home PC at home for there source of main income?

ACE-FLO
13th July 2009, 03:54 PM
I wouldnt' say its my main source of income Kigo - but here and there, I get work submitted via email which I'd prefer to deal with at home... Mainly it's sitting in the office, and feature planning with advertisiers and sponsors over the phone and in board rooms (hardly ever board room s once you know what your clients/sponsors expect of you though - so it's mainly over the phone)

Other times I'm dealing with the dumb ASA (the Advertising Standards Agency) for stupid little annoyances - however, the publishing house I work for, doesn't pay my phone bill at home so buggered there slightly.

I do take the piss though... and have had a few warnings from the group manager. But, I always say, measure my performance stat, my KPI's show I reach well above what they expect me to, and that keeps em quiet!

yeldar2097
13th July 2009, 08:04 PM
well I don't have a job because I'm an idiot but I do play online roulette/poker if that counts... I don't suppose so...

I reckon i'd prefer working at home anyways - gets you out of the house and it stops people like me from vegging all day ;)

Lance
13th July 2009, 08:31 PM
Playing poker online counts if you're Tom Dwan [his netname is durrr]

yeldar2097
14th July 2009, 05:13 PM
slight change of topic but never mind...
I have a quezzie: after using the search feature, is there a way of going straight to the first page where desired word appears? most of the time I can filter through the thread by myself bit it does become a tad tedious when I have to trawl through >100 pages pky to find that I've missed what I was looking for...

is this durr man a bit good then? I'll be sure to steer clear of him

NightArh
14th July 2009, 05:15 PM
You have to choose "Show results as posts" and then to click on the related link ;)

Lance
14th July 2009, 06:35 PM
Dwan is a millionaire just from playing poker. He is vEry good. I think he's about 21 or more probably 22 years old now.

OBH
14th July 2009, 10:25 PM
Speaking of poker, at my old job, my boss was the owner of partypoker.com.
Thats right, the most repetative, annoying and widespread advertisement your ever going to find on the internet.

In hindsight, i should have hit him for that :)

Asayyeah
15th July 2009, 02:59 PM
Other times I'm dealing with the dumb ASA
You're talkin' to me ? (with De Niro's voice)

KIGO1987
15th July 2009, 03:05 PM
I can pull quite a good one of those;)